01-03-2016, 09:38 AM
True Story.

http://ww4.hdnux.com/photos/36/01/33/7870175/3/1024x1024.jpg

tholdren
01-03-2016, 10:17 AM
and he should be.

spurraider21
01-03-2016, 01:53 PM
He got dpoy last year while missing a bunch of games. He's healthy this year and getting significantly more hype

apalisoc_9
01-03-2016, 02:37 PM
If curry misses 15+ games and the spurs end up with the 1 seed Kawhi has a real possibility of winning DPOY/MVP/FMVP in the same year.

Chris
01-03-2016, 02:39 PM
No question, no one even comes close to his tier.

Fireball
01-03-2016, 04:13 PM
Don't sleep on Raymond Green ... he does everything :lol

ducks
01-03-2016, 04:44 PM
If curry misses 15+ games and the spurs end up with the 1 seed Kawhi has a real possibility of winning DPOY/MVP/FMVP in the same year.

Not this year

Chris
01-03-2016, 05:11 PM
Don't sleep on Raymond Green ... he does everything :lol

:lol

TheGreatYacht
01-03-2016, 05:18 PM
Raymond Green :lol the faggot that got raped by 'Moose' Monroe and Derrick Favors.

I'm tired of hearing this "He can guard 1-5" bullshit the media throws in for him and Lebron. I'd love to see them guard a PG and Center tbh

TheGreatYacht
01-03-2016, 05:21 PM
Raymond

http://youtu.be/PEelVX1DV7c

http://youtu.be/sz3SHyxoK8o

DPG21920
01-03-2016, 05:33 PM
Raymond Green :lol the faggot that got raped by 'Moose' Monroe and Derrick Favors.

I'm tired of hearing this "He can guard 1-5" bullshit the media throws in for him and Lebron. I'd love to see them guard a PG and Center tbh

Every defender gets got by someone. I remember Rudy G:loly getting Kawhi before. Draymond is a hell of a player on both ends. He's a legit DPOY candidate.

itzsoweezee
01-03-2016, 06:49 PM
Every defender gets got by someone. I remember Rudy G:loly getting Kawhi before. Draymond is a hell of a player on both ends. He's a legit DPOY candidate.

No doubt, but people are going overboard. They're saying he's a better defender than pippen because he can supposedly guard centers and power forwards and pippen didn't. The big men in pippen's day were vastly superior to the shitty bigs saturating the league today.

Seventyniner
01-03-2016, 07:48 PM

This. Kawhi absolutely deserved his DPOY but Draymond made it close.

DMC
01-03-2016, 08:23 PM
No doubt, but people are going overboard. They're saying he's a better defender than pippen because he can supposedly guard centers and power forwards and pippen didn't. The big men in pippen's day were vastly superior to the shitty bigs saturating the league today.
That has to be judged by how each player affected the league in which they played because neither will play guys from the other's era.

Green isn't close to Pippen in that regard but it doesn't mean he won't be eventually. People just have short memories and the latest one gets the most consideration.

Pippen was in the original top 50 all time. Green wouldn't be in the top 150 right now.

Chinook
01-03-2016, 08:46 PM
First, who gives a shit what Winer thinks? Second, Whiteside will get a least one vote, so I don't think Kawhi's getting the sweep.

DPG21920
01-03-2016, 10:19 PM
First, who gives a shit what Winer thinks? Second, Whiteside will get a least one vote, so I don't think Kawhi's getting the sweep.

He will get a vote, but he shouldn't (as you probably know). Green on the other hand deserves votes.

spurraider21
01-03-2016, 10:33 PM
He will get a vote, but he shouldn't (as you probably know). Green on the other hand deserves votes.
chinook agrees if ur talking about danny, tbh

DPG21920
01-03-2016, 10:34 PM
chinook agrees if ur talking about danny, tbh

:lol, hey, I agree. I love Danny as much as anyone.

21_Dickings
01-03-2016, 10:35 PM
A lot can happen between now and the end of the season, but Kawhi is by far the best overall defensive player in the league.

ace3g
01-03-2016, 10:38 PM
Kawhi getting the DPOY awards in honor of Bowen who was robbed of probably 2 maybe 3 chances (damn you Ben Wallace...)

Spurtacular
01-03-2016, 10:42 PM

A girl can dream.

apalisoc_9
01-03-2016, 10:55 PM
Kawhi getting the DPOY awards in honor of Bowen who was robbed of probably 2 maybe 3 chances (damn you Ben Wallace...)

Timothy Duncan was the best defender in the spurs three championship run of 03-07.

T_L_P
01-03-2016, 11:14 PM

You mean Tim Duncan?

And yeah, Kawhi will win it this year. He's the face of the best defense in basketball. Only thing that might change that is if Gobert returns and the Jazz go on a good win streak with a super historic DRtg. But I'd still lean towards Kawhi getting it.

lilbthebasedgod
01-04-2016, 12:40 AM
Gobert shouldn't be fully discounted. Also, it's not like kawhi is having a year that is so beyond every other player's.

siraulo23
01-04-2016, 01:24 AM
On the same segment, Rick Fox predicted the warriors to go 16-0 in the postseason tbh

DenialTwist
01-04-2016, 04:40 AM

I know. 1-5?! yeah right. 3 and 4 yes but small ball centers don't count lol Hassan Whiteside even had a twitter argument with Green last summer because Green said big men are dinosaurs in the NBA with the Warriors small ball dominating teams. Green definitely had a hard time with Monroe. He thinks he can shut down LaMarcus Aldridge too according to the Dubs beat writer.

DenialTwist
01-04-2016, 04:42 AM
On the same segment, Rick Fox predicted the warriors to go 16-0 in the postseason tbh

Dennis Scott said the Warriors would go undefeated in the postseason too. He said the spurs would not make the finals.

Uriel
01-04-2016, 10:11 AM
I agree that Kawhi should win DPOY, but if there's one player who can give his some competition for the award, it's Tim Duncan, the guy who has the highest defensive real plus-minus in the NBA.

Raven
01-04-2016, 10:35 AM
raymond really can't defend anyone one on one, he's an energy guy that improves the teams D in general, but if you isolate him he's just a tweener pf. Whenever there is a skilled center he'll abuse him left and right and whenever there is a skilled sf he'll shoot a thousand 3s or get layups. The thing is, raymond doesn't need to be a good one on one defender, because he's kinda a wildcard on D. Curry, Klay and Barnes do their job so he doesn't need to help D and Bogut is there strictly to protect the rim, so raymond really only has to go for rebounds and give effort.

Fireball
01-04-2016, 11:06 AM
raymond really can't defend anyone one on one, he's an energy guy that improves the teams D in general, but if you isolate him he's just a tweener pf. Whenever there is a skilled center he'll abuse him left and right and whenever there is a skilled sf he'll shoot a thousand 3s or get layups. The thing is, raymond doesn't need to be a good one on one defender, because he's kinda a wildcard on D. Curry, Klay and Barnes do their job so he doesn't need to help D and Bogut is there strictly to protect the rim, so raymond really only has to go for rebounds and give effort.

That is way too negative IMO ... Draymond defends both players bigger and smaller than him better than most NBA players with his size are able to.
This makes him extremely valuable in the Warriors killer lineup because they can switch anything without Draymond getting abused.
Greg Monroe was successful as a big, but otherwise ...

YGWHI
01-04-2016, 05:50 PM
A lot can happen between now and the end of the season, but Kawhi is by far the best overall defensive player in the league.
:tu

Kawhi Leonard. Defensive Player of the First Trimester by Marc Stein.

http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/post/_/id/4211/defensive-player-of-the-first-trimester-kawhi-leonard-spurs

The Spurs, meanwhile, are in the midst of assembling one of the most impressive seasons defensively that we've ever seen, which naturally nudges us in the direction of spotlighting a Spur here. Thus it is Leonard, currently the NBA's only player ranked in the top five in both offensive and defensive win shares, who narrowly gets the nod from us ahead of Green and teammate Tim Duncan (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/215/tim-duncan).
...If the Spurs can stay at that level all season, it's obviously going to be difficult for defenders in other cities to get their just due.

But

We have to say that Golden State's Green, though, is actually right there with Leonard on this scorecard and arguably best positioned to ultimately trump him in the real-life DPOY race until Rudy Gobert (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3032976/rudy-gobert) returns to the Utah lineup