PDA

View Full Version : Injury Update: Tony Parker (right hip soreness) is out

ace3g
01-03-2016, 04:24 PM
San Antonio Spurs @spurs
(https://twitter.com/spurs)SPURS INJURY UPDATE - Tony Parker (right hip soreness) is out for tomorrow's game at Milwaukee. He will not travel with the team.

gambit1990
01-03-2016, 04:28 PM
would not mind manu starting. patty will do fine though.

ElNono
01-03-2016, 04:29 PM
Pop likes to keep units largely intact. I suspect Ray will start.

GWS Tony. I actually thought it was time for him to start resting after a busy summer.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-03-2016, 04:32 PM

GWS Tony. I actually thought it was time for him to start resting after a busy summer.
Yep. Just like Cujo the last few years. Pop won't screw with rotations and start Manu or Mills.

picnroll
01-03-2016, 04:33 PM

They'll probably go with Ray but I'd rather see Anderson get the time.

gambit1990
01-03-2016, 04:34 PM
I suspect Ray will start.
i actually felt/feel that way too... i just don't really like what i've seen from him. and i think with manu or patty starting we'd see how much better the starting line up would play.

Cry Havoc
01-03-2016, 04:37 PM
They'll probably go with Ray but I'd rather see Anderson get the time.

At the point? Serious?

Kikoluna
01-03-2016, 04:45 PM
This is good news. No more Chubbs for a while.

Robz4000
01-03-2016, 04:46 PM
Good. He hasn't looked right the past two weeks; time for some rest.

aal04
01-03-2016, 04:48 PM
Milwaukee away is a difficult game.

spursistan
01-03-2016, 04:54 PM
hope it is not serious..and he doesn't degenerate into his unmitigated garbage self of last season after a similar strong start..There has been some worrying signs the past 5-6 games..

TheGreatYacht
01-03-2016, 04:54 PM
This is good news. No more Chubbs for a while.
You actually spelled everything correctly with them sausage fingers. Congrats tamalero :tu

SAGirl
01-03-2016, 04:55 PM
Good. He hasn't looked right the past two weeks; time for some rest.
Good point. I hadn't thought about it, but he hadn't looked right for a few games in a row.

TheGreatYacht
01-03-2016, 04:56 PM
Trap game, tbh. Kiwi shat the bed last time against Godanis Antetokoumpo.

Hopefully LMA and Kawhi go off

bic50
01-03-2016, 04:57 PM
He's the only one of the big 3 that hasn't missed any games up until this point isn't he?
Some time off to heal/ rest his body now would be good.

picnroll
01-03-2016, 05:04 PM
At the point? Serious?
Seriously. I haven't been at all impressed with Ray. Anderson has had his good moments. He plays good positional defense , rebounds well.. He need to be more aggressive on offense. If he can be effective his length with Green and Kawhi could cause major problems for teams like GS with switching D. I can see him as a Livingston type PG.

ChumpDumper
01-03-2016, 05:21 PM
Time to call up Jimmer.

BackHome
01-03-2016, 05:39 PM
Many needs to stay home he needs rest.

Maddog
01-03-2016, 05:53 PM
Time to call up Jimmer.

The spurs will have to outbid 29 other teams clamoring for his talent

Nathan89
01-03-2016, 06:04 PM
Start Simmons.

SAGirl
01-03-2016, 06:22 PM
It will be an interesting game. Mil length bothered Kawhi last game, but TD and LMA were great defending them and we did make a run they could not get back from. Boris had a nice game against them and Simmons was running up and down and throwing down dunks from Kawhi passes. I would expect a similar game, unless MIL made defensive adjustments in transition.

I am guessing Ray will get the nod like he did against the Lakers (after all situations like this is why we traded for him), but we will probably rely on Kawhi, LMA, Manu, Boris and Patty much more. Still hoping for a good game from Ray, he hasn't had many opportunities and needs to make the most of them, so he should be motivated.

:flag:

YGWHI
01-03-2016, 06:50 PM
GWS Tony.

Trap game, tbh. Kiwi shat the bed last time against Godanis Antetokoumpo.
The selective memory of this troll...Kawhi 3-12 13 points, LMA 3-10 6 points, Green 1-5 2 points, but Kawhi was the only one who played bad in that game.

Cry Havoc
01-03-2016, 06:59 PM
Seriously. I haven't been at all impressed with Ray. Anderson has had his good moments. He plays good positional defense , rebounds well.. He need to be more aggressive on offense. If he can be effective his length with Green and Kawhi could cause major problems for teams like GS with switching D. I can see him as a Livingston type PG.

Kyle cannot run point. At all.

Chinook
01-03-2016, 07:06 PM
Wonder how this will affect Green.

steeledl
01-03-2016, 07:21 PM

SAGirl
01-03-2016, 07:44 PM
In what way?
ooo shooting.
We need him, has to let it fly without a conscience seriously.
I am guessing Kawhi and LMA will look for him.
It will be interesting in that sense as well.

Seventyniner
01-03-2016, 07:47 PM

I think it will hurt Green when the starters are on the floor. I don't trust Ray to run the hammer properly, for example.

It's a one-off, though. Milwaukee is terrible (4th-worst SRS), so if you're going to rest Parker, this is the time to do it. That and if MCW gets decent minutes, he is a complete non-threat from the perimeter so having Duncan and Aldridge as the backstop should shut him down.

100%duncan
01-03-2016, 09:24 PM
Good news. Tp definitely looked like he neede some rest.

apalisoc_9
01-03-2016, 09:28 PM
That starting lineup will struggle with Ray at the point. Their best bet is to attack monroe in the post and see what offense you can generate from there.

Parker didnt do well in the first quarter last time they played. Was more worried about deflating the ball with his dribble dribble so it should give the starters an experiment.

Ray will probably hesitate a lot with PNR so expect some cringe worth Green dribbles.

If Patty Starts, I can see Green or Kawhi hitting three pointers to start the game.

skulls138
01-03-2016, 09:31 PM
Kyle cannot run point. At all.Not on such short notice but think hes got the skills.

gospursgojas
01-03-2016, 09:36 PM
Kyle sucks...spurs need to stop drafting Andersons.

Curse of Derrick...or Cadillac.

SpurPadre
01-03-2016, 09:45 PM
Boban better take his girl with him, tbh.

SpurPadre
01-03-2016, 09:45 PM
Kyle sucks...spurs need to stop drafting Andersons.

Curse of Derrick...or Cadillac.

Don't forget Willie.

Cry Havoc
01-03-2016, 09:58 PM
Not on such short notice but think hes got the skills.

Just no. Not ever. He would get absolutely eaten by quick PGs who can play D.

ceperez
01-03-2016, 10:13 PM
I doubt McCallum starts.

Mills will move to Parker's spot.

Simmons or Anderson move to 2nd team. Between Ginobili, Simmons, Anderson and Diaw, there are enough ball handlers to secure the ball.

SpursforSix
01-03-2016, 11:11 PM
Shit. Hip replacement surgery, while greatly improved, is still far from risk free.

monkeypunk
01-03-2016, 11:35 PM
Time to call up Jimmer.

:lol

NASpurs
01-03-2016, 11:43 PM
Just no. Not ever. He would get absolutely eaten by quick PGs who can play D.

Long-term no but against Michael Carter-Williams, I could see it. Just bring the ball up, give it to LMA or Kawhi and stay out of the way. It's not like the Spurs are going to run their normal plays with Ray Mac in there anyway.

spurtech09
01-04-2016, 02:41 AM
Pretty much rest......

rasuo214
01-04-2016, 05:17 AM
Hope it's just a way for Pop to get him some rest over it being a nagging injury he'll need to deal with all season.

Fireball
01-04-2016, 05:26 AM
Milwaukee away is a difficult game.

Yep ... this game and the b2b in Detroit are the obstacles to put together a nice winning streak before meeting the Cavs.

Brazil
01-04-2016, 07:43 AM
Not a bad news if the soreness is not something lingering... Parker looked off last couple of games.

midnightpulp
01-04-2016, 09:01 AM
It begins :bang

Parker haters are probably rejoicing, but we can't win a title without him at his Nov/Dec level.

"It's okay. He'll rest and heal up quick."

Biggest issue with Tony. Minor injuries seem to derail him for weeks and even months.

weeks
01-04-2016, 09:05 AM
It begins :bang

Parker haters are probably rejoicing, but we can't win a title without him at his Nov/Dec level.

"It's okay. He'll rest and heal up quick."

Biggest issue with Tony. Minor injuries seem to derail him for weeks and even months.

All the miles on those legs

midnightpulp
01-04-2016, 09:09 AM
All the miles on those legs

Just like last year. Parker started out great, the sore ass cheek happened, and he was about the worst starting player in the league thereafter.

I'd like to believe this is a mountain out of a mole hill, but Tony has a long history of minor, seemingly insignificant injuries massively affecting his game.

Uriel
01-04-2016, 09:51 AM
Parker was bothered by a malady of injuries last season which greatly diminished his performance towards the end of the year. He was similarly injured in 2014, but Pop rested him for an entire month, and it paid huge dividends.

I believe Pop should look into the idea of resting Parker again for a month later in the season if his injury history continues to repeat itself.

Fireball
01-04-2016, 10:02 AM
As long as his hammy holds up, I am not that worried ...

Brazil
01-04-2016, 10:50 AM
Just like last year. Parker started out great, the sore ass cheek happened, and he was about the worst starting player in the league thereafter.

I'd like to believe this is a mountain out of a mole hill, but Tony has a long history of minor, seemingly insignificant injuries massively affecting his game.

I do agree with that... even though it is quite soon to hit the panick button... any soreness hip, ankle whatever has to be taken seriously when we talk about Tony

EVAY
01-04-2016, 02:12 PM
Parker was bothered by a malady of injuries last season which greatly diminished his performance towards the end of the year. He was similarly injured in 2014, but Pop rested him for an entire month, and it paid huge dividends.

I believe Pop should look into the idea of resting Parker again for a month later in the season if his injury history continues to repeat itself.

This.

LaMarcus Bryant
01-04-2016, 02:49 PM
People here with all this "long history of nagging" BS

Parker is historically one of the most resilient and quick healing players of this era.

Brazil
01-04-2016, 02:54 PM
People here with all this "long history of nagging" BS

Parker is historically one of the most resilient and quick healing players of this era.

that was true untill a couple of years ago tbh

lefty
01-04-2016, 02:56 PM
All that extra weight caused the injury

LaMarcus Bryant
01-04-2016, 03:01 PM
that was true untill a couple of years ago tbh

Exactly which is why people saying he has long history with nagging troubles is BS

Brazil
01-04-2016, 03:01 PM
All that extra weight caused the injury

let me save some time of one or two of the krew members with a

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/a1/5c/65/a15c65afa3039cf1af24ad1807aad0ec.jpg

Brazil
01-04-2016, 03:15 PM
Exactly which is why people saying he has long history with nagging troubles is BS

:tu

dabom
01-04-2016, 03:29 PM

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/a1/5c/65/a15c65afa3039cf1af24ad1807aad0ec.jpg

Brazil
01-04-2016, 03:35 PM
:lol ^

aal04
01-04-2016, 03:38 PM
Suddenly OKC aint looking too bad. Irving, Curry, Parker all hobbling...

Mel_13
01-04-2016, 03:42 PM
Suddenly OKC aint looking too bad. Irving, Curry, Parker all hobbling...

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25437525/kevin-durant-could-miss-several-games-with-a-sprained-right-big-toe

DJR210
01-04-2016, 03:42 PM

He could at the YMCA

steeledl
01-04-2016, 03:47 PM
He could at the YMCA

Hed wreck the YMCA.

Kawhitstorm
01-04-2016, 04:12 PM
Probably from wearing high heels, what a diva! :rolleyes

Kawhitstorm
01-04-2016, 04:15 PM

I wonder how this will affect the starters as a whole rather than JUST a dude who averages single digits:wakeup

Chinook
01-04-2016, 04:22 PM
I wonder how this will affect the starters as a whole rather than JUST a dude who averages single digits:wakeup

It's a bigger deal for Green than it is for the others, both because of the strong correlation between Danny's shot-quality and Tony's penetration and because Danny really needs to string together another couple good shooting games in order to solidify his confidence. This is just really bad timing for him.

Kawhitstorm
01-04-2016, 04:29 PM
It's a bigger deal for Green than it is for the others, both because of the strong correlation between Danny's shot-quality and Tony's penetration and because Danny really needs to string together another couple good shooting games in order to solidify his confidence. This is just really bad timing for him.

I'm implying the REST OF THE STARTER play better when Tony is off the floor: (3 vs 1:sleep) http://i.imgur.com/D7gONpb.jpg

littlecoyotecoin
01-04-2016, 04:51 PM

You're picking nits. He's at that age. He's been injured for two years when it matters. He's on the wrong side of 30, and not just barely anymore. He's got a lot of mileage. And, he's a point guard that relies primarily on quickness. All those things add up to more rest is better than less.

lefty
01-04-2016, 04:55 PM

Mel_13
01-04-2016, 04:57 PM
You're picking nits. He's at that age. He's been injured for two years when it matters. He's on the wrong side of 30, and not just barely anymore. He's got a lot of mileage. And, he's a point guard that relies primarily on quickness. All those things add up to more rest is better than less.

Yep. He's missed 14-16 games in each of the past three seasons, that's all three seasons since he turned 30. No reason to start jumping off cliffs, but any injury is reason for concern.

SAGirl
01-04-2016, 04:59 PM
I actually hope he's not trying to do too much to compensate for Ray. That said, I hope Ray has a good game too.

Chinook
01-04-2016, 05:01 PM
I'm implying the REST OF THE STARTER play better when Tony is off the floor: (3 vs 1:sleep) http://i.imgur.com/D7gONpb.jpg

You're missing the point, again. I'm not concerned with this game. I am concerned with Green keeping his positive momentum from last game. Any objective Spurs' fan knows Green getting back in rhythm is critical to the team's long-term success, and he plays his best with Parker. So swapping out Danny's playmaker of choice for McCallum right after Green had a good game is worrisome.

Chinook
01-04-2016, 05:02 PM
I actually hope he's not trying to do too much to compensate for Ray. That said, I hope Ray has a good game too.

I just hope he gets about 10 attempts from three tonight and that he hits five or more of them. But with Ray running the point instead of Tony, the looks will probably be scarcer and lower quality.

SAGirl
01-04-2016, 05:06 PM
I'm implying the REST OF THE STARTER play better when Tony is off the floor: (3 vs 1:sleep)
But not necessarily better with Ray, but as we should get more Kawhi/LMA action, Ray should be fine anyways. I am hoping. Greek Freak did bother Kawhi last time, and LMA has been better on PnP with Tony than posting up on his own and getting doubled up.

My guess, we play maybe a faster tempo here. Simmons was a big success last game bc he got a lot of easy transition baskets with Kawhi. They may be onto him for this one also, so I guess we will see.

littlecoyotecoin
01-04-2016, 05:09 PM
Yep. He's missed 14-16 games in each of the past three seasons, that's all three seasons since he turned 30. No reason to start jumping off cliffs, but any injury is reason for concern.

As much as his missed games (some of them could be attributed to scheduled rest and exaggerated injury to put on the report) is his diminished capacity when he sucks it up and plays injured. He toughs it out and plays, but it often has seemed that he was a shell of what he could be sometimes in the playoffs, hammy specifically, even though he didn't miss the game, he wasn't as effective as he can still be. I like his game, unlike the crew, not that he's without flaw, but when he's healthy he's still a helluva weapon.

YGWHI
01-04-2016, 05:09 PM

In the last games, Kawhi has shown the ability to get double/triple teamed and find Danny/Boris for the open three pointer.

Obviously, we see more Parker penetration-Danny shot because Kawhi doesn't have the ball in his hands when Parker is on the floor, but he has become extremely effective dishing to open Danny/Boris/Patty when Parker's on the bench.

Not sure why Kawhi would stop passing to Danny in Parker's abscense. And the same applies to LMA with Danny, he'll look for Danny if he's hot.

Mel_13
01-04-2016, 05:13 PM
As much as his missed games (some of them could be attributed to scheduled rest and exaggerated injury to put on the report) is his diminished capacity when he sucks it up and plays injured. He toughs it out and plays, but it often has seemed that he was a shell of what he could be sometimes in the playoffs, hammy specifically, even though he didn't miss the game, he wasn't as effective as he can still be. I like his game, unlike the crew, not that he's without flaw, but when he's healthy he's still a helluva weapon.

I agree. The missed games are often preceded or followed by the diminished games. Having Tony as close to 100% as possible in April is still very important to the team's chances.

Kawhitstorm
01-04-2016, 05:45 PM
But not necessarily better with Ray, but as we should get more Kawhi/LMA action, Ray should be fine anyways. I am hoping. Greek Freak did bother Kawhi last time, and LMA has been better on PnP with Tony than posting up on his own and getting doubled up.

My guess, we play maybe a faster tempo here. Simmons was a big success last game bc he got a lot of easy transition baskets with Kawhi. They may be onto him for this one also, so I guess we will see.

Ray is probably going to start but it would be best to just give Kyle most of the minutes then have either Patty or Manu on the floor to bring up the ball. Manu barely played against the Lakers when Tony was out & instead Pop chose to roll w/ Kyle/Simmons. Tonight, Manu is most likely going to play his regular minutes thus Ray must be on a short leash if he wets the bed like he did against the Lakers.:lol

Kyle/Simmons size is actually needed against the Bucks since MCW likes to postup (Ray/Patty). Middleton has also been on fire so Danny has his hands full (he gave Danny/Simmons fit in the post during their last matchup), Kawhi is a better matchup if LMA is going to checked Giannis.

SAGirl
01-04-2016, 06:32 PM
Ray is probably going to start but it would be best to just give Kyle most of the minutes then have either Patty or Manu on the floor to bring up the ball. Manu barely played against the Lakers when Tony was out & instead Pop chose to roll w/ Kyle/Simmons. Tonight, Manu is most likely going to play his regular minutes thus Ray must be on a short leash if he wets the bed like he did against the Lakers.:lol

Kyle/Simmons size is actually needed against the Bucks since MCW likes to postup (Ray/Patty). Middleton has also been on fire so Danny has his hands full (he gave Danny/Simmons fit in the post during their last matchup), Kawhi is a better matchup if LMA is going to checked Giannis.

Thanks for that update... and now that you mention it I do have a very specific recollection of Middleton posting up Simmons repeatedly with ease their last game. Simmons really has no length to bother him and Middleton is sufficiently strong, athletic and a good enough shooter and scorer that you have to give him more resistance than that. He got his shots to go with relative ease and Simmons gambles for steals a lot, at that point Middleton was like woop, turn and slam! Once Middleton was on a roll, he also chewed up Danny: chomp chomp :hungry::hungry:

Kyle's length did give him trouble though and you can't have Kawhi on him full time with greek freak around.

It will be an interesting game, like you said their length can cause both Ray/Patty problems. We probably need a good game from all our wings in this one. Tony wasn't huge that last game, but he did a good job setting others up. It was one of those earlier season games where he wasn't on heroball mode.

Mel_13
01-05-2016, 04:49 PM
Tony is out for the Utah game tomorrow night per the team twitter.

Brazil
01-05-2016, 04:50 PM
Tony is out for the Utah game tomorrow night per the team twitter.

thanks for the info

SupremeGuy
01-05-2016, 05:12 PM
Tony is out for the Utah game tomorrow night per the team twitter.https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/a1/5c/65/a15c65afa3039cf1af24ad1807aad0ec.jpg

:cry :cry :cry

spursistan
01-21-2016, 09:38 PM