PDA

View Full Version : There will be 2 Black QBs in the NFC divisional round

Kawhitstorm
01-03-2016, 11:51 PM
Considering how the Cards got butt fucked w/ no Vaseline by the Hawks, it's all clear for a Black QB showdown for the NFC championship.:toast

Dodgers:lmao
Cousins:lmao

Avante
01-04-2016, 03:07 AM
I like black QB's. The stress they put on a defenss because they can scoot 30 yards at any time is a biggie.

A black QB has won more games than anyone in 2015/2016 so far.

A black QB is the only QB to ever post two 100 QB rating his first two seasons.

A black QB is the only QB to have played in the last two SB's.

A black QB just set an NFL record for most td's without an INT in a five week span.

A black QB will play in another NCAA title game.

A black QB got more votes for the Heisman than any other QB.

A black QB will be the NFL's MVP.

A black QB won the NFC North and NFC South.

Then there's another NFL record for Russell Wilson.

Wilson nevertheless managed at least three scores for the fifth time in six starts, and sent a message to the rest of the NFC that the Seahawks remain a playoff force to be reckoned with. A true superstar, Wilson finishes with new career highs in passing yards (4,024) and passing touchdowns (34). He's the first player in league history to manage 4,000 yards passing, 30 touchdowns and 500 rushing yards in the same season. Jan 3 - 7:50 PM

They have come along way since Willie Thrower became the first black QB to start an NFL game back in the early 50's.

Top 10 Black QB's

1.Warren Moon Washington
2.Donovan McNabb Syracuse
3.Russell Wilson NC/Wisconsin
4.Randall Cunningham UNLV
5.Cam Newton Blinn JC/Auburn
6.Steve McNair Alcorn
7.Doug Williams Grambling
8.Daunte Culpepper South Florida
9.Michael Vick Virginia Tech
10.Teddy Bridgewater Louisville

Willie Thrower

Willie Lee Thrower (March 22, 1930 – February 20, 2002) was an American football (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/American_football) quarterback. Born near Pittsburgh (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Pittsburgh) in New Kensington, Pennsylvania (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/New_Kensington,_Pennsylvania), Thrower was known as "Mitts" for his large hands and arm strength compared to his 5'11 frame. He was known to toss a football 70 yards. Thrower was a part of the 1952 Michigan State Spartans (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1952_Michigan_State_Spartans_football_team) who won the national championship (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/College_football_national_championships_in_NCAA_Di vision_I_FBS), He became the first African American (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/African_American) to appear at the quarterback (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Quarterback) position in the National Football League (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/National_Football_League) (NFL), playing for the Chicago Bears (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Chicago_Bears) in 1953.

Avante
01-04-2016, 03:24 AM
How about white RB's in the playoffs?

Let's see.....hmmmm?

spurraider21
01-04-2016, 03:38 AM
if Shitwater is a top 10 black QB, that's a really bad sign :lol

he's not as good as tyrod taylor

Avante
01-04-2016, 03:49 AM

Taylor has such a small sample size we have to take a wait and see with him. He hasn't even had one 16 game season yet.

Shitwater?

spurraider21
01-04-2016, 03:50 AM
Taylor has such a small sample size we have to take a wait and see with him. He hasn't even had one 16 game season yet.

Shitwater?
and bridgewater has a large sample size? he's crap

Avante
01-04-2016, 03:56 AM
and bridgewater has a large sample size? he's crap

His career comp % of 65.2 is superior to Carr's as is his QB rating of 88.0. And he's in the playoffs.

Avante
01-04-2016, 04:24 AM
How can we forget...

James Harris
Quincy Carter
Marlon "The Magician" Briscoe ....would become a 1000 yard receiver with the Bills.
Geno Smith
"Jefferson Street" Joe Gillium
Akili Smith
Colin Kaepernick
Aaron Brooks
Kordell Stewart
Terrelle Pryor
Tony Banks
Josh Freeman
Vince Carter
Vince Young
Rodney Pete

All these guys were college QB's who played a different position at the NFLa level.

Willie Wood.....on those great Packer teams of the 60's. In the HOF.
Bert Emanuel
Don Woods.....rushed for over a 1000 yards as a rookie, Chargers.
Sherman Smith....first stud Seahawk RB
Denard Robinson...said he could take Usain Bolt in a 40, hahahaha!!!!!
Hines Ward
Adnan Randle-El
Freddie Solomon
Josh Cribbs

"Jefferson Street"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_mCn7puKN8

What I've never got about thar deal is for years before that the Steekers were terrible, the worst team in the league, but they did have one great player, a brusing fullback, John Henry Johnson who was as black as he could be and nobody seemed to care. Johnson in the HOF.

Raven
01-04-2016, 08:48 AM

weren't you one of his closet homers last year?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-04-2016, 09:44 AM
His career comp % of 65.2 is superior to Carr's as is his QB rating of 88.0. And he's in the playoffs.
That's because he is a game manager. Like Wilsons stats used to be

spurraider21
01-04-2016, 01:24 PM
weren't you one of his closet homers last year?
no, not really. wasn't a fan of him during the draft, but he did turn in a solid rookie season. he played well down the stretch that year, but didn't carry that over at all this year.

spurraider21
01-04-2016, 01:28 PM
you can't seriously take completion% that seriously while completely ignoring stats like yards, attempts, touchdowns,... bridgewater in 2 seasons threw 28 touchdowns. Carr threw 32 this year. the vikings just won a game yesterday where teddy threw for less than 100 yards, 0 TD's and 1 INT. the raiders could never win a game if carr played a game like that. the vikings won 3 games this year where Bridge failed to throw a TD

Avante
01-04-2016, 01:33 PM
you can't seriously take completion% that seriously while completely ignoring stats like yards, attempts, touchdowns,... bridgewater in 2 seasons threw 28 touchdowns. Carr threw 32 this year. the vikings just won a game yesterday where teddy threw for less than 100 yards, 0 TD's and 1 INT. the raiders could never win a game if carr played a game like that. the vikings won 3 games this year where Bridge failed to throw a TD

You go with how successful a QB is in the system he's in. That really is all that matters.

You and I both knew that THE BEAST was holding RW back. We both knew he could do what he's doing now. Well this is the same, TB has to work in the offense he's in, as they all do.

spurraider21
01-04-2016, 01:34 PM
how many games of bridgewater have you actually watched, though? he looks nowhere as effective as wilson ever did. even in wilson's earlier seasons he was putting up 30 TD's (all purpose) with massive QB ratings

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-04-2016, 01:39 PM
You and I both knew that THE BEAST was holding RW back.

you cannot be serious

Avante
01-04-2016, 01:40 PM
how many games of bridgewater have you actually watched, though? he looks nowhere as effective as wilson ever did. even in wilson's earlier seasons he was putting up 30 TD's (all purpose) with massive QB ratings

You said Bridgwater was crap, right? I;m not saying he's GREAT, but he's doing as good as most of them do after two seasons. No way in hell this guy is crap, where ya got that bulllshit...???

I've probably seen him play, 6-8 times from his Louisvile days, not once thinking.....he's crap.

And. keep in mind he's another one of those who stepped right in and took off, no bench sitting for this guy.

spurraider21
01-04-2016, 01:54 PM
You said Bridgwater was crap, right? I;m not saying he's GREAT, but he's doing as good as most of them do after two seasons. No way in hell this guy is crap, where ya got that bulllshit...???

I've probably seen him play, 6-8 times from his Louisvile days, not once thinking.....he's crap.

And. keep in mind he's another one of those who stepped right in and took off, no bench sitting for this guy.
he's crap, at least so far. he isn't asked to do a whole lot and has terrible TD/INT ratio even with constraints in place. 14 TD's 9 INT's isn't good enough in today's league... and that's following up 14 TD's 12 INT's last year

even kaepernick and rg3 have turned in better years than this guy. maybe one day he'll improve, but as of now, no way he's a top 10 all time black qb

Raven
01-04-2016, 01:57 PM
You go with how successful a QB is in the system he's in. That really is all that matters.

You and I both knew that THE BEAST was holding RW back. We both knew he could do what he's doing now. Well this is the same, TB has to work in the offense he's in, as they all do.

did he just say that?

Avante
01-04-2016, 02:07 PM
he's crap, at least so far. he isn't asked to do a whole lot and has terrible TD/INT ratio even with constraints in place. 14 TD's 9 INT's isn't good enough in today's league... and that's following up 14 TD's 12 INT's last year

even kaepernick and rg3 have turned in better years than this guy. maybe one day he'll improve, but as of now, no way he's a top 10 all time black qb

So who do we put at number 10?

I put a lot in a rookie stepping in and taking over, that isn't easy. So what QB not mentioned did it better?

Avante
01-04-2016, 02:08 PM
did he just say that?

When will ya actually bone up on the game?

spurraider21
01-04-2016, 02:14 PM
So who do we put at number 10?
it's not exactly a deep pool, as you know, but both Kaep and RG3 are more accomplished than Bridgewater at this point. Even Kordell Stewart made a pro bowl.

and if you're looking for the younger, unknown up and comer, i'd take Tyrod Taylor over Bridgewater easily

Avante
01-04-2016, 02:21 PM
it's not exactly a deep pool, as you know, but both Kaep and RG3 are more accomplished than Bridgewater at this point. Even Kordell Stewart made a pro bowl.

and if you're looking for the younger, unknown up and comer, i'd take Tyrod Taylor over Bridgewater easily

It's real obvious this kid is going to be a Vike QB for a decade. Now compare what he's done in his two seasons vs what those you mentioined did, go ahead.

We can debate Taylor vs Bridgewater since it appears he's their man.

Dude, look at Kordell Stewarts stats, hahahahahhaha~~~~~~~

spurraider21
01-04-2016, 02:30 PM
after kaepernick broke out and the 49ers got to the SB... after RG3 was rookie of the year and took the skins to the playoffs, i'm sure a lot of people thought they'd be the QB for a decade, too. i don't see much ability in bridgewater. like wilson in his first few years, he's in a spot where he isn't asked to do as much as others, but wilson performed at ridiculous levels within those constraints. bridgewater has merely treaded along. i dont see much comparison

Avante
01-04-2016, 02:37 PM
after kaepernick broke out and the 49ers got to the SB... after RG3 was rookie of the year and took the skins to the playoffs, i'm sure a lot of people thought they'd be the QB for a decade, too. i don't see much ability in bridgewater. like wilson in his first few years, he's in a spot where he isn't asked to do as much as others, but wilson performed at ridiculous levels within those constraints. bridgewater has merely treaded along. i dont see much comparison

Not saying he's close to RW, ya missed my point on that.

I was looking for a QB who was more impressive than TB for number 10, looking at his age and what he has already accomplished who did more at that stage of their career, it wasn't RGIII, it wasn't Kaep and it sure wasn't Vick or Stewart. I did project where TB is heading. Ya start with that comp% that is the most important thing especially for a young guy.

spurraider21
01-04-2016, 02:38 PM
again, if we're taking guys who having done much but are projecting, i'd take tyrod taylor over TB

Avante
01-04-2016, 02:45 PM
again, if we're taking guys who having done much but are projecting, i'd take tyrod taylor over TB

TT a 63.7 comp % in his one season as da man.
TB...64.4 as a rookie and 65.3 this season.

I can see this as a legit debate however. Only time will tell.

Kordell Stewart, hahahaha!!!!!!!

spurraider21
01-04-2016, 03:25 PM
you're just looking at completion %... that's ridiculous

Avante
01-04-2016, 04:00 PM
you're just looking at completion %... that's ridiculous

I look at everything that's how I knew what RW*** really was, but....it all starts with that comp %. This is common knowledge. Can a guy complete passes, that is the bottom line.

TD's can come because of what the receivers do.

There is nothing that tells us much about Taylor vs Bridgewater this early in their careers. And it should be obvious.

**you belitte what he did at the NCAA (typical rookie move) level. He left the college game as tjhe all time passing efficency leader, yu don't..."that's colege"....with something like that. Dude...ALL TIME. Russell Wilson can throw a football.

spurraider21
01-04-2016, 04:02 PM
like i said before, i have a strong feeling you haven't really watched much Bridgewater

Avante
01-04-2016, 04:08 PM
like i said before, i have a strong feeling you haven't really watched much Bridgewater

Did you ever see Jesse Owens? He won the 1936 Olympics 100/200/long jump/4x1. Do we realy need to be in Berlin in 1936 to know this guy was amazing?

TB is in the playoffs, he just won the division and his stats are on par with most second year QB's. With my experience I know what to look for, and he's got that potential, only a fool couldn't see that.

At his stage of the game it's all about...potential...ok?

spurraider21
01-04-2016, 04:21 PM
track can literally be broken down into hard numbers. the tracks dont change. the hurdles dont change.

football is totally different. you can have 2 QB's with identical stats who are dramatically different.

Avante
01-04-2016, 04:27 PM
track can literally be broken down into hard numbers. the tracks dont change. the hurdles dont change.

football is totally different. you can have 2 QB's with identical stats who are dramatically different.

And you can have a ton of experience watching these guys over the years and have figured out who has "it" and who doesn't. Remember me saying.....Cousins will end up the Skins QB...before he/RGIII ever took an NFL snap. You see RW doing what I said he could, well this will be no different.

You learned your lesson with my ATS picks, so why you continue to ignore the experience...???

And, those track hard numbers have nothing to do with winning 4 gold medals at an Olympic games.