PDA

View Full Version : Chargers, Rams, Raiders file for relocation to Los Angeles

Blizzardwizard
01-04-2016, 10:41 PM
It's official. The next week or so ought to be interesting...

Avante
01-04-2016, 10:50 PM
The Chargers were only there for a season back in 1960, the Raiders were more on loan, but the Los Angeles Rams have a long history with...

The Fearsome Foursome
Trading nine players for Olympic sprinter Ollie Matson
Elroy "Crazy Legs" Hirsch
Jack Youngblood playing on one leg
The famous QB duo of Norm Van Brocklin and Bob Waterfield.
Eric Dickerson gaining 2000 yards.

The Rams in LA just makes sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHTPlVnyaqw

Chinook
01-04-2016, 10:52 PM
Perfect time for another market to steal a team. Thing is, SA is the only other viable market (at least within the contiguous US). I can't see the NFL having five Cali teams, so if the Rams move in, someone is moving out.

Clipper Nation
01-04-2016, 11:05 PM
Dean "Faggot" Spanos finally emerges from Mark Fabiani's shadow to blow smoke up everyone's asses:

http://www.chargers.com/news/2016/01/04/dean-spanos-explains-chargers-filing-relocation?sf18063674=1

This fat fucking Jabba-the-Hutt-looking-ass faggot needs to fuck off already and sell the team, we don't want to hear his lies.

Avante
01-04-2016, 11:10 PM
Dean "Faggot" Spanos finally emerges from Mark Fabiani's shadow to blow smoke up everyone's asses:

http://www.chargers.com/news/2016/01/04/dean-spanos-explains-chargers-filing-relocation?sf18063674=1

This fat fucking Jabba-the-Hutt-looking-ass faggot needs to fuck off already and sell the team, we don't want to hear his lies.

Clipper Nation is there anything/anyone you like?

Can I help you in any way?

spurraider21
01-04-2016, 11:24 PM
Mark Davis isn't in a position of power here, its basically Spanos and Kroenke leading the charge. nobody is going to get enough votes to win... Kroenke has enough owners to block Spanos from getting 24 votes, and Spanos has enough support to block Kroenke.

there will be a lot of negotiations behind closed doors and the owners are going to have to hammer out an agreement to decide who goes where. one thing they will look at is which team can most viably stay in their home city. in that regard, its St. Louis > San Diego > Oakland. the main issue is Kroenke has the big money and is basically willing to entirely fund his own stadium in LA

hopefully they do the right thing at let the raiders/chargers plan move forward, keep them both in CA and in a city where they already have a strong fanbase

Avante
01-04-2016, 11:34 PM
http://www.footballcardgallery.com/1960_Fleer/76/Paul_Lowe.jpg

One of my prized possesions (this isn't mine) a Paul Lowe rookie card, notice....Los Angeles Chargers?

The first time he ever touched the ball as a pro, 105 kickoff return. He and Dallas Texan (Chiefs) Abner Haynes the first great AFL RB's. Cookie Gilchrist came a couple years later.

Vito Corleone
01-05-2016, 09:53 AM
All of this, and Jerry Jones will still block a NFL team from going to San Antonio. Just watch as Salt Lake City gets a NFL franchise before San Antonio.

Chinook
01-05-2016, 10:40 AM
It's just crazy that they want to move by next season. How is that going to work with a dual-team plan? In any event, I agree that Carson seems like the fairest deal, though the Rams have a legitimate claim to LA and could get the spot if they have a more solid plan in place.

The question very much is what would the Raiders/Chargers do if the Rams get the spot? They might BOTH have to relocate out of CA, which seems like a worst-case scenario, though an LA/SF rivalry does sound pretty awesome. I guess the Rams could come in and grab one of the other teams to partner for their stadium (which would make conference alignments easier). If that happens, St. Louis jumps to the head of the line to grab the other (as they have a new stadium plan in place and an old one that just hosted games), though I guess SA might still have connections to Davis.

Aztecfan03
01-07-2016, 02:24 AM
Perfect time for another market to steal a team. Thing is, SA is the only other viable market (at least within the contiguous US). I can't see the NFL having five Cali teams, so if the Rams move in, someone is moving out.
remind me who are currently the 4 teams in Cali...

Aztecfan03
01-07-2016, 02:31 AM
It's just crazy that they want to move by next season. How is that going to work with a dual-team plan? In any event, I agree that Carson seems like the fairest deal, though the Rams have a legitimate claim to LA and could get the spot if they have a more solid plan in place.

The question very much is what would the Raiders/Chargers do if the Rams get the spot? They might BOTH have to relocate out of CA, which seems like a worst-case scenario, though an LA/SF rivalry does sound pretty awesome. I guess the Rams could come in and grab one of the other teams to partner for their stadium (which would make conference alignments easier). If that happens, St. Louis jumps to the head of the line to grab the other (as they have a new stadium plan in place and an old one that just hosted games), though I guess SA might still have connections to Davis.

One team would temporarily play at the coliseum and one would have to play somewhere else.

Aztecfan03
01-07-2016, 02:32 AM
Mark Davis isn't in a position of power here, its basically Spanos and Kroenke leading the charge. nobody is going to get enough votes to win... Kroenke has enough owners to block Spanos from getting 24 votes, and Spanos has enough support to block Kroenke.

there will be a lot of negotiations behind closed doors and the owners are going to have to hammer out an agreement to decide who goes where. one thing they will look at is which team can most viably stay in their home city. in that regard, its St. Louis > San Diego > Oakland. the main issue is Kroenke has the big money and is basically willing to entirely fund his own stadium in LA

hopefully they do the right thing at let the raiders/chargers plan move forward, keep them both in CA and in a city where they already have a strong fanbase

charger have a pitiful LA fan base and rams have by far the strongest there.

Chinook
01-07-2016, 08:04 AM
remind me who are currently the 4 teams in Cali...

Raiders, Chargers, 49ers and Trojans

Chinook
01-07-2016, 08:05 AM
One team would temporarily play at the coliseum and one would have to play somewhere else.

Yeah, that "somewhere else" is why it's crazy.

MultiTroll
01-07-2016, 08:43 AM

baseline bum
01-07-2016, 11:14 AM
Shit, each team would pay a $550 million relocation fee. So does that get distributed among the other owners? That would explain why every owner interviewed seems to be saying they're going to approve two teams to move.

MultiTroll
01-07-2016, 11:30 AM
Shit, each team would pay a $550 million relocation fee. So does that get distributed among the other owners? That would explain why every owner interviewed seems to be saying they're going to approve two teams to move.
Yes.
So 1.1 billion (or more) divided among 28 or so owners.

Of course Al Davis proved you can challenge the anti trust laws and move a team to where you want and tell the NFL to f themselves.

Spanos is considered an NFL ass kisser who would not do this.
Kronke may.
Davis Jr. who knows.

baseline bum
01-07-2016, 01:26 PM
I wonder what the odds are of all three of them going to LA?

baseline bum
01-07-2016, 01:28 PM
You gotta think San Antonio would love to cut in and write a welfare check to the Chargers' stadium fund to get them here should the league tell the Rams they have to take the Raiders with them to Inglewood. Of course not this year though.

djohn2oo8
01-07-2016, 01:36 PM
You gotta think San Antonio would love to cut in and write a welfare check to the Chargers' stadium fund to get them here should the league tell the Rams they have to take the Raiders with them to Inglewood. Of course not this year though.

Jerry Jones would have to be 6 ft under before that happens.

baseline bum
01-07-2016, 01:38 PM
Jerry Jones would have to be 6 ft under before that happens.

I never said San Antonio would be successful. :lol

chunticakes
01-07-2016, 02:06 PM
So when is San Antonio gonna get a damn football team?!

Avante
01-07-2016, 03:01 PM
Raiders, Chargers, 49ers and Trojans

Actually...

Raiders
Chargers
Niners
USC
UCLA
Cal
Stanford
Fresno State
San Jose State
San Diego State
CPSLO
Sacramento State
LA State
UCSB
Bakersfield State
Hayward State
U of San Diego

over 100 JC's.

baseline bum
01-12-2016, 01:47 PM
Damn so the LA Times is reporting the owners want the Rams and Chargers in Inglewood.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-nfl-la-relocation-20160112-story.html

There's a sense that most owners know the point where they want to get — the Chargers and Rams in Inglewood — but aren't sure of the best way to get there. The idea of the Raiders' returning to L.A. is not popular among many owners.

:cry spurraider21 :cry

spurraider21
01-12-2016, 02:03 PM
:cry

I. Hustle
01-12-2016, 02:03 PM
San Antonio is so confident that we are getting the Raiders that they are already holding cheerleader tryouts.
http://www.chilloutpoint.com/images/2009/march/ugly-cheerleaders/ugly-cheerleaders10.jpg

baseline bum
01-12-2016, 02:33 PM
^ :lmao

Clipper Nation
01-12-2016, 03:25 PM
San Antonio is so confident that we are getting the Raiders that they are already holding cheerleader tryouts.
http://www.chilloutpoint.com/images/2009/march/ugly-cheerleaders/ugly-cheerleaders10.jpg

:lmao

Canyonero
01-12-2016, 03:55 PM
So when are the owners voting?

baseline bum
01-12-2016, 04:49 PM
From FOX-2 St. Louis sports anchor

baseline bum
01-12-2016, 05:29 PM

MultiTroll
01-12-2016, 06:11 PM
LOL
Who knows what these greedy bitches are going to do.
20 minutes ago:

NFL Committee Recommends Carson Plan Over Stan Kroenke’s Inglewood Stadium (With Updates)

Chinook
01-12-2016, 06:23 PM
So is Jones gift wrapping the Raiders to SA? I would say that STL might win them, but it would be an interesting year to say the least.

baseline bum
01-12-2016, 06:43 PM
So is Jones gift wrapping the Raiders to SA? I would say that STL might win them, but it would be an interesting year to say the least.

Not a chance. This Rams + Chargers to LA plan Jones is pushing is supposed to come with a big fat check to Davis to help build a stadium in Oakland.

spurraider21
01-12-2016, 07:04 PM
Not a chance. This Rams + Chargers to LA plan Jones is pushing is supposed to come with a big fat check to Davis to help build a stadium in Oakland.
If the NFL was practical they'd use the relocation fees to build the other stadium. But they're gna try to suck a city dry. Oakland is broke

Robz4000
01-12-2016, 08:52 PM
Welp, fuck the Chargers now.

Silver&Black
01-12-2016, 08:54 PM
Guess it's official now...

"NFL Owners vote to relocate the Rams to Inglewood, CA and give the Chargers option to join Rams"

baseline bum
01-12-2016, 08:57 PM
Wow, I'm surprised to see the Rams' proposal get accepted without the Chargers.

baseline bum
01-12-2016, 08:58 PM
Time for the Raiders to move to Ferguson now?

Silver&Black
01-12-2016, 09:00 PM
Here it comes....they're already bitching about it on the NFL Network.

:cry It's not fair
:cry They're going to get all the FAs now
:cry The weather is too nice

spurraider21
01-12-2016, 09:04 PM
Time for the Raiders to move to Ferguson now?
:lol league is giving the raiders $ as compensation to help build a new stadium... still not sure if thats even enough to turn the tide in oakland. i think davis will look towards san antonio next, but i doubt anything like that gets done this year

baseline bum
01-12-2016, 09:11 PM
:lol league is giving the raiders $ as compensation to help build a new stadium... still not sure if thats even enough to turn the tide in oakland. i think davis will look towards san antonio next, but i doubt anything like that gets done this year

On ESPN it said the Chargers have until January 16, 2017 to come to terms with the Rams on a lease, with the Raiders getting that option if the Chargers decline. That's gotta suck for the Chargers and Raiders to not get concessions in LA, but still, how can the Chargers not move to get that fat LA local TV deal?

spurraider21
01-12-2016, 09:15 PM
On ESPN it said the Chargers have until January 16, 2017 to come to terms with the Rams on a lease, with the Raiders getting that option if the Chargers decline. That's gotta suck for the Chargers and Raiders to not get concessions in LA, but still, how can the Chargers not move to get that fat LA local TV deal?
i hope Spanos is stubborn enough to not take it :lol

realistically i dont think 100m is enough to turn the tables in oakland, they're still totally in flux and probably are just gna pull another 1 year lease in that shithole

Avante
01-12-2016, 09:19 PM
Wow.

UCLA
Rams
USC
Chargers

No ..city...compares to that.

baseline bum
01-12-2016, 09:24 PM
I'm really shocked the NFL didn't force the Rams to partner up with the Chargers, they badly wanted two teams in LA.

baseline bum
01-12-2016, 09:26 PM
i hope Spanos is stubborn enough to not take it :lol

Me too, since no way they're staying in San Diego with two teams in LA. San Antonio might start looking pretty good.

baseline bum
01-12-2016, 09:27 PM
realistically i dont think 100m is enough to turn the tables in oakland, they're still totally in flux and probably are just gna pull another 1 year lease in that shithole

Where are you getting the $100 million figure from?

Blizzardwizard
01-12-2016, 09:31 PM
Spanos choking again :lol

Won't even commit to keeping the team in SD for 2016. :lol

"My first option is San Diego" :lol

spurraider21
01-12-2016, 09:35 PM
Where are you getting the $100 million figure from?
multiple sauces

Chinook
01-12-2016, 09:38 PM
I mean, no way I want to play in SD, STL or OAK this season. The Raiders probably stay put, but if you can leave, you do it and avoid the lame-duck status. I am wondering if St. Louis has much of a chance to pick up the Raiders or Chargers. On one hand, they have a stadium proposal. On the other hand, the NFL let the Rams leave specifically because they didn't believe St. Louis was profitable. So how can they try to force Oakland to go there? But it also seems obvious that the owners respect Jerry's opinion, as he has brokered a couple of big compromises over the recent years. Will they go against him and let another team move into Texas? But if not, will they screw Davis out of having a viable market? Will London come into play at all? Just fascinating.

baseline bum
01-12-2016, 09:41 PM
multiple sauces

Damn, $100 million ain't shit. :lol

So are the Chargers still getting charged 1/2 a billion to play in someone else's stadium should they go to LA? :lol

Avante
01-12-2016, 09:48 PM
Cleveland Rams...1937 first Rams season, went 1-10.
Los Angeles Rams
St.Louis Rams
Los Angeles Rams

Clipper Nation
01-12-2016, 09:52 PM
:lmao Holy shit, the Chargers cannot do anything right. Looks like Dean is going to spend the rest of his life prepping the bull (Kroenke) in Inglewood.

baseline bum
01-12-2016, 09:56 PM
I mean, no way I want to play in SD, STL or OAK this season. The Raiders probably stay put, but if you can leave, you do it and avoid the lame-duck status. I am wondering if St. Louis has much of a chance to pick up the Raiders or Chargers. On one hand, they have a stadium proposal. On the other hand, the NFL let the Rams leave specifically because they didn't believe St. Louis was profitable. So how can they try to force Oakland to go there? But it also seems obvious that the owners respect Jerry's opinion, as he has brokered a couple of big compromises over the recent years. Will they go against him and let another team move into Texas? But if not, will they screw Davis out of having a viable market? Will London come into play at all? Just fascinating.

How would funding even work for a team here? Surely you'd want the build the stadium in San Marcos or maybe New Braunfels since it would be crazy to not make it Austin's team too, but a small town in between the two large cities paying $1 billion to build a modern stadium? I guess we'd have to get a publicly funded stadium right on the NE side of town and hope Austin comes.

Findog
01-12-2016, 10:32 PM
I think if San Antonio offers up a sweetheart stadium deal to the Raiders, Jerry and Bob McNair won't be able to stop it. Texas is football mad enough to support the Cowboys, Texans and Raiders.

I wouldn't be surprised if a bidding war breaks out between St. Louis, Oakland and San Antonio to be the permanent home of the Raiders. In my opinion they belong in California, though. Pick between LA and Oakland once and for all and be done with it.

I hope the Chargers stay. They don't have to make a final decision for 3 years. They would be wise to examine all their options (staying in SD, negotiating a favorable deal to join the Rams in Inglewood, or going to St Louis or San Antonio themselves).

I feel bad for the fans in St. Louis, but I think it's kinda cool the Rams are back in LA.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0128/la_nflinla07_800.jpg

Findog
01-12-2016, 10:38 PM
How would funding even work for a team here? Surely you'd want the build the stadium in San Marcos or maybe New Braunfels since it would be crazy to not make it Austin's team too, but a small town in between the two large cities paying $1 billion to build a modern stadium? I guess we'd have to get a publicly funded stadium right on the NE side of town and hope Austin comes.

That's the best way to do it. Maybe even brand the team regionally instead of calling them the San Antonio Raiders.

Chinook
01-12-2016, 11:23 PM
That's the best way to do it. Maybe even brand the team regionally instead of calling them the San Antonio Raiders.

I like South Texas Raiders. They could try for Austin, the Valley and Northern Mexico as a market. All they have to do is sign Vince Young, Colt McCoy or Mark Sanchez as the backup to Carr.

InRareForm
01-12-2016, 11:35 PM
new stadium to cost 3 billion estimated.. the most ever spent in this history of the world.

Avante
01-13-2016, 12:32 AM
Ha~~~~~~

Chicago Cardinals move to St. Lous, to become the St. Louis Cardinals, while the Cleveland Rams move to LA to become the LA Rams. Then the St. Louis Cardinals move to Arizona with the LA Rams moving to St. Louis and now back to LA.

Ha~~~~~~~~

How about these teams....

Columbus Panhandlers
Evanson Crimson Giants
Tonawanda Kardex,....hahaha~~~~
Minnesota Marines
Oorang Indians
Kansas City Blues
Dayton Triangles
Duluth Eskimos
Orange Tornados...hahaha!!!!!!
Frankford Yellow Jackets

That's just some of the NFL teams prior to 1930.

One of strangest seasions ever was the Chicago Bears in 1932, they went....6-1-6, 6 ties? The Chicago Bears have been with us since 1922, the Green Bay Packers, 1921.

Venti Quattro
01-13-2016, 12:36 AM
new stadium to cost 3 billion estimated.. the most ever spent in this history of the world.

Will that have 150,000 seats? Lol

Ball Buster
01-13-2016, 01:51 AM
Best case scenario has unfolded. RAMS are LA's team.

The interloping, California immigrant fans can suck a fat dick!

HI-FI
01-13-2016, 01:56 AM
ESPN mentioned if Chargers go to LA that San Diego could be in play for the Raiders. :lol

I'm so praying this happens, I want to see spurraider and ClipperNation become bff's.

Robz4000
01-13-2016, 01:57 AM
:lmao if the Raiders go to San Diego

spurraider21
01-13-2016, 02:22 AM
:lmao if the Raiders go to San Diego
anything that brings them closer to me geographically, im for tbh

Avante
01-13-2016, 02:58 AM
San Diego has hated the Raiders since 1961, to think their team could be the San Diego Raiders, weird.

Would ya believe the Raiders came real close to being called ....The Oakland Senors. The Dallas Cowboys were almost the Dallas Rangers.

New York Titans/Jets
Boston/NE Patriots
Dallas Texans/Kansas City Chiefs
Baltimore/Indy Colts
Houston Oilers/Tennessee Titans

The Colts, Steelers and Browns*** were all in the NFL, then after the merger with the AFL, they became AFC teams.

*** they started out in the old AAFC as did my Niners and Colts.

Just before the merger in 1970 it looked like this.

AFL West

Oakland
San Diego
Kansas City
Denver
Cincinnati

East

New York
Buffalo
Houston
Boston
Miami

NFL East
Capitol Division

Dallas
Washington
New Orleans
Philly

Century Division

Cleveland
New York
St. Louis Cardinals
Pittsburgh

NFL West
Coastal Division

Los Angeles Rams
Baltimore Colts
Atlanta
San Francisco

Central Division

Minnesota
Detroit
Green Bay
Chicago

And...LA had these other pro football teams.

NFL...LA Buccaneers 1926....first west coast NFL team. But, they only had that 26 season then...poof~~~

AFL in 1926....LA Wildcats.
1937...LA Bulldogs

AAFC that gave the NFL...Colts, Niners and Browns.
1946...LA Dons

LA Chargers in 1960.

The USFL had...LA Express

About a dozen other pro teams from rinkydink leagues, some calling themselves Southern California, Hollywood etc.

There has to be 500 colleges from San Diego to Bakersfield. Tons of JC's and small schools. So much footbal it's crazy.

Pelicans78
01-13-2016, 08:14 AM
Austin Raiders of San Antonio

spurraider21
01-13-2016, 10:40 AM
Kreonke bullied the league tbh, respect. Got exactly what he wanted all along and at this point LA isn't that attractive for Davis/Spanos because they'd need to pay the full relocation fee out of pocket only to then be a tenant in Kroenkeworld.

The Carson plan had investors covering a lot of the costs.

I don't dislike Mark Davis at all, I think he does as good a job as you'd ask from an owner. Passionate about the team, has been busting his ass to get deals done in various city, was damn close to securing a deal in LA... but the best thing for the team would be for him to sell the team (or at least a huge share of it).

Basically his entire net worth lies in the equity of the franchise, not a lot of liquid money there, so he really has his hands tied when it comes to the stadium situation. He's entirely reliant on getting private investors, but nobody is going to put up big money to keep them in Oakland. His dad was a coach that bought the team way back when, but that was a different time and the money doesn't translate.

I admire the way he deals with the team, but his pockets are too shallow. Due to the nature of the hard cap, it doesn't matter too much when it comes to the roster (though it's been speculated that they have a limited budget regarding big signing bonuses).

The fear would be if the new owner would be too meddling.

Avante
01-13-2016, 11:45 AM
I don't like the timing of this, right now it should be all about the playoffs, not team movement. They should have waited until after the season.

Chinook
01-13-2016, 12:01 PM
Kreonke bullied the league tbh, respect. Got exactly what he wanted all along and at this point LA isn't that attractive for Davis/Spanos because they'd need to pay the full relocation fee out of pocket only to then be a tenant in Kroenkeworld.

The Carson plan had investors covering a lot of the costs.

I don't dislike Mark Davis at all, I think he does as good a job as you'd ask from an owner. Passionate about the team, has been busting his ass to get deals done in various city, was damn close to securing a deal in LA... but the best thing for the team would be for him to sell the team (or at least a huge share of it).

Basically his entire net worth lies in the equity of the franchise, not a lot of liquid money there, so he really has his hands tied when it comes to the stadium situation. He's entirely reliant on getting private investors, but nobody is going to put up big money to keep them in Oakland. His dad was a coach that bought the team way back when, but that was a different time and the money doesn't translate.

I admire the way he deals with the team, but his pockets are too shallow. Due to the nature of the hard cap, it doesn't matter too much when it comes to the roster (though it's been speculated that they have a limited budget regarding big signing bonuses).

The fear would be if the new owner would be too meddling.

That's just asking for Cuban to try to get into it. I wonder if he'd be willing to partner with Holt and McCombs to get the Raiders into Texas. I feel it's not likely. And SAEN or whatever the acronym is, is a very solid group, but they're not exactly "deep pocket" guys either.

Chinook
01-13-2016, 12:04 PM
I don't like the timing of this, right now it should be all about the playoffs, not team movement. They should have waited until after the season.

They can't, really. They want an idea of where teams will be before March. That would give the Raiders and Chargers in this case significantly less time to pick up the pieces after their plan fell through. Spanos has to find a stadium in LA to play in and Davis has to see if SA is an option. That's not easy to do in two months, and it'd be almost impossible in one.

I agree it's bad timing, though. And I think they would have tried waiting if any of the three teams were playing at this point.

lefty
01-13-2016, 12:28 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYkpEngWAAABNqQ.jpg

Pelicans78
01-13-2016, 01:02 PM
Texas Raiders has a good ring to it

Chinook
01-13-2016, 01:49 PM
Texas Raiders has a good ring to it

It does (probably because of TTU), but I don't know how the Cowboys and Texans would feel about one team getting the name for the whole state. I don't think there's an example of that in American pro sports today.

Avante
01-13-2016, 02:09 PM
It does (probably because of TTU), but I don't know how the Cowboys and Texans would feel about one team getting the name for the whole state. I don't think there's an example of that in American pro sports today.

Tennesee Titans
Minnesota Vikings

New York???

Pelicans78
01-13-2016, 02:13 PM

You're right. I don't think there is one especially with other teams in the state. Maybe Florida Panthers in the NHL with Tampa Bay Lightining.

Well we have the Texas Rangers in MLB with the Houston Astros. Golden State Warriors is similar but not quite the same.

We used to have California Angels and Florida Marlins.

So currently we only have the Texas Rangers and Florida Panthers.

Is there a nickname for the San Antonio/Austin region?

Pelicans78
01-13-2016, 02:14 PM
Tennesee Titans
Minnesota Vikings

New York???

He means with other teams in the same state. The teams you mentioned don't have other teams in the same league/state. The only examples we have of that currently is the Texas Rangers in baseball and Florida Panthers in the NHL.

Chinook
01-13-2016, 02:39 PM
You're right. I don't think there is one especially with other teams in the state. Maybe Florida Panthers in the NHL with Tampa Bay Lightining.

Well we have the Texas Rangers in MLB with the Houston Astros. Golden State Warriors is similar but not quite the same.

We used to have California Angels and Florida Marlins.

So currently we only have the Texas Rangers and Florida Panthers.

Is there a nickname for the San Antonio/Austin region?

The FFA used to call this region Cen-Tex. But South Texas doesn't sound bad.

Pelicans78
01-13-2016, 02:44 PM
The FFA used to call this region Cen-Tex. But South Texas doesn't sound bad.

South Texas is not bad, but I would strongly push for Texas Raiders.

PublicOption
01-13-2016, 03:20 PM
By helping Kroenke leave St. Louis, Jerry Jones sold his soul, and is daring the Raiders to move. He doesn't like it, but by helping the Rams move to L.A. for the benefit of the league he has sacrificed his hold on Texas. If the Raiders want to move, at this point, they can.

Chinook
01-13-2016, 03:43 PM
By helping Kroenke leave St. Louis, Jerry Jones sold his soul, and is daring the Raiders to move. He doesn't like it, but by helping the Rams move to L.A. for the benefit of the league he has sacrificed his hold on Texas. If the Raiders want to move, at this point, they can.

And I think that's understood. If it weren't, the League would be offering more than $100 Million to keep the Raiders in Oakland.

spurraider21
01-13-2016, 04:39 PM
only problem is if Texas Raiders becomes too confusing when there's a team called the Texans

Clipper Nation
01-13-2016, 04:58 PM
Jim Trotter is saying that a deal that would allow the Chargers to move in 2016 is almost done.

Channel 8 in San Diego is reporting that if the city votes in favor of a new stadium in June, the option for the Chargers to move to LA is extended for another year, which is complete bullshit if true.

It's obvious that San Diego is not keeping the Chargers. In typical fashion, Dean Spanos has fucked this up even worse than it already was. Now he's going to be Kroenke's pet cuck in LA and still piss off the fans in SD. He's also already allowed the Rams to get the jump on ticket sales and enthusiasm. This clown is by far the shittiest owner in professional sports.

spurraider21
01-13-2016, 05:02 PM
you're now a proud fan of the LAC of both the nfl and nba

Clipper Nation
01-13-2016, 05:13 PM
you're now a proud fan of the LAC of both the nfl and nba
Enjoy the San Ghettonio Raiders. #XmasWasRight :downspin:

spurraider21
01-13-2016, 05:19 PM
Enjoy the San Ghettonio Raiders. #XmasWasRight :downspin:
i'm fine with them moving to SA. they need a real stadium, and SA can support another major franchise. their basketball fans are great

Ditty
01-13-2016, 08:37 PM
i'm fine with them moving to SA. they need a real stadium, and SA can support another major franchise. their basketball fans are great

Count me in as buying season tickets if it happens! :toast

Findog
01-13-2016, 09:55 PM
I like South Texas Raiders. They could try for Austin, the Valley and Northern Mexico as a market. All they have to do is sign Vince Young, Colt McCoy or Mark Sanchez as the backup to Carr.

It's hard to imagine the Raiders out of California...but if he can overcome any political resistance from Jerrah and Bob McNair, the city of San Antonio will give him whatever he wants and there's a huge potential fanbase and market waiting for him.

From what I have read online, he doesn't want to share Levi's with the Niners, and he doesn't have the capital to fund a new stadium in the East Bay, so it's either convince the city of Oakland to build him a stadium or selling part of the team to finance it. The Chargers are expected to go to LA, so that leaves him with these options:

1) Try to cut a deal with San Diego
2) Try to cut a deal with San Antonio
3) Try to cut a deal with St. Louis

Do any other cities try to woo the Raiders?

baseline bum
01-14-2016, 01:27 AM
It's hard to imagine the Raiders out of California...but if he can overcome any political resistance from Jerrah and Bob McNair, the city of San Antonio will give him whatever he wants and there's a huge potential fanbase and market waiting for him.

From what I have read online, he doesn't want to share Levi's with the Niners, and he doesn't have the capital to fund a new stadium in the East Bay, so it's either convince the city of Oakland to build him a stadium or selling part of the team to finance it. The Chargers are expected to go to LA, so that leaves him with these options:

1) Try to cut a deal with San Diego
2) Try to cut a deal with San Antonio
3) Try to cut a deal with St. Louis

Do any other cities try to woo the Raiders?

Didn't the nigga already say St Louis was off the table?

jeebus
01-14-2016, 11:10 AM
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/oakland-raiders-texas-san-antonio-austin-relocation-stadium-alamodome-011316

It'd be tough playing in that dumpster fire of a barn for a couple years before they build a real stadium but yeah....

Findog
01-14-2016, 11:24 AM
Didn't the nigga already say St Louis was off the table?

Some reporter caught up with him during the Houston meetings and asked him point blank about St. Louis and he said "Absolutely not." But that might change if StL offers him up a sweetheart stadium deal.

I can't see the Raiders going to San Diego. It would be like if the Cowboys left Dallas and were immediately replaced by the Eagles or Redskins.

Chinook
01-14-2016, 11:53 AM
Some reporter caught up with him during the Houston meetings and asked him point blank about St. Louis and he said "Absolutely not." But that might change if StL offers him up a sweetheart stadium deal.

I can't see the Raiders going to San Diego. It would be like if the Cowboys left Dallas and were immediately replaced by the Eagles or Redskins.

And the mayor of St. Louis seemed to imply the city was done with the NFL as long as he was in office. He said he had "no stomach" to vie for another team.

So unless Davis is just a dick, SD and STL are off the table. LA is full. London better not happen. So it's SA or Oakland.

MultiTroll
01-14-2016, 12:10 PM
The Chargers are expected to go to LA,
I'd still put that at 50 / 50.

Dean Scamost was on local radio and while yes, usually he is full of shit, he sounded sincere that he is going to consider his options and that San Diego was still one.
Of course he is playing San Diego against LA in the hopes that San Diego will give him everything he wants. But SD politicians may cave. The goal is to get something to a vote in 2016. It's entirely possible the taxpayers will go for another NFL fleecing.