PDA

View Full Version : Kyle anderson passivness has caused him sime major minutes...

apalisoc_9
01-05-2016, 02:39 AM
Passing up wide open jumpers and Driving lanes. Simmons passes up Jumpers too but if that lane is slighlty open you can bet hed attack.

Hes a smarter player...but at this point, hes lost some major wing minutes to simmons.

BatManu20
01-05-2016, 02:43 AM
Spelling is hard.

Kawhitstorm
01-05-2016, 03:01 AM
Seems like Simmons has caught onto NBA speed but Kyle is still experiencing growing pains. Most likely, Kyle will be the better player once he catches on but Simmons is the better fit as of now. Diaw actually struggled early in his career w/ the Hawks & he came into his own during his 3rd season after the Suns acquired him.

Kyle needs to be on a team where he can be a point forward since he isn't a slasher or shooter. Summer league worked for him b/c he was able to dominate the ball.

SAGirl
01-05-2016, 03:25 AM
Passing up wide open jumpers and Driving lanes. Simmons passes up Jumpers too but if that lane is slighlty open you can bet hed attack.

Hes a smarter player...but at this point, hes lost some major wing minutes to simmons.

Just let him develop Apa. I think even if he was more ready, with more confidence in his shot, he still wouldn't play over Simmons bc Simmons is a perfect fit in this current bench.. Simmons has been that good in transition, which the bench likes to run a lot and can find him in spots. In the future it will be Kyle finding him in spots instead if Manu. Simmons can be the scorer he us, Kyle the passer, perfect tandem Tbh.

He's not ready now. Kyle had to basically really alter his game to play off the ball post up, etc. And his shot was reworked and it looks that he lacks confidence in it. He was never a scorer purely anyways. What we saw in dleague and SL was Spurs pushing his aggressiveness. He averaged 15 in college in high percentage but then almost 7 assists. He's clearly a passer and they don't need that with Manu there TBH

I think we underestimate the fact his game is not as evolved as Boban and Simmons is who are older and aside from adapting to this level competition, were already doing pretty much the same against lower league teams. Not Kyle, fir him this is a whole level competition as well as a different game. He has the toughest adjustment, but bc he's younger than the other guys he can still get significantly better.

Believe me I want him to shoot and he's clearly shooting well from the midrange. He should be shooting better from 3 and probably does in an empty gym. I think the closeouts scare him. He has a slow shot and maybe he doesn't think he can get it off. I agree with everyone questioning the aggressiveness. If he went to that shot immediately no way it's blocked with how tall/long those arms are and maybe he's even fouled. The hesitation throws him off. It has to drive Chip Pop and everyone there crazy, but it's a different mentality, he never was a pure shooter. He does need to get that shot rolling for any playtime in real games.

Not that I think he will be a factor in playoffs but you never know when they are going to start daring guys to shoot from far and who is going to stink it up.

I hope he listens to you and gets it together but he might be a year away and need to rake this as motivation.

ceperez
01-05-2016, 06:51 AM
Just let him develop Apa. I think even if he was more ready, with more confidence in his shot, he still wouldn't play over Simmons bc Simmons is a perfect fit in this current bench.. Simmons has been that good in transition, which the bench likes to run a lot and can find him in spots. In the future it will be Kyle finding him in spots instead if Manu. Simmons can be the scorer he us, Kyle the passer, perfect tandem Tbh.

He's not ready now. Kyle had to basically really alter his game to play off the ball post up, etc. And his shot was reworked and it looks that he lacks confidence in it. He was never a scorer purely anyways. What we saw in dleague and SL was Spurs pushing his aggressiveness. He averaged 15 in college in high percentage but then almost 7 assists. He's clearly a passer and they don't need that with Manu there TBH

I think we underestimate the fact his game is not as evolved as Boban and Simmons is who are older and aside from adapting to this level competition, were already doing pretty much the same against lower league teams. Not Kyle, fir him this is a whole level competition as well as a different game. He has the toughest adjustment, but bc he's younger than the other guys he can still get significantly better.

Believe me I want him to shoot and he's clearly shooting well from the midrange. He should be shooting better from 3 and probably does in an empty gym. I think the closeouts scare him. He has a slow shot and maybe he doesn't think he can get it off. I agree with everyone questioning the aggressiveness. If he went to that shot immediately no way it's blocked with how tall/long those arms are and maybe he's even fouled. The hesitation throws him off. It has to drive Chip Pop and everyone there crazy, but it's a different mentality, he never was a pure shooter. He does need to get that shot rolling for any playtime in real games.

Not that I think he will be a factor in playoffs but you never know when they are going to start daring guys to shoot from far and who is going to stink it up.

I hope he listens to you and gets it together but he might be a year away and need to rake this as motivation.

What frustrates me is that Diaw and Anderson are the two guys who absolutely will have a ton of opportunities to make a 3 point shot. Unfortunately, these two both hesitant to take it. It is kind of like these two guys are busy studying the defense and are surprised to find that they are alone in the 3 point line.

They got a lot to learn from Kawhi. Kawhi is likely the only Spurs who does attempt a 3 point shot despite having someone covering him. Danny did well against the Rockets because he just let it fly despite being covered. If you got a mind set of taking the 3, you take it with any daylight the defense gives. What KA needs to know is that he right now is not orchestrating the offense with both Manu and Diaw on the floor. So, his role is to launch that 3!

Brazil
01-05-2016, 06:55 AM
He has not the tools, that's it

no need to over analyse the situation...

ceperez
01-05-2016, 07:27 AM
If Spurs can mold a player like KL into shooting 50% in 3point land from 29% in college, then absolutely certain you can get KA shooting a high clip from 3 point land from 36% in college.

skulls138
01-05-2016, 07:48 AM
He has not the tools, that's it

no need to over analyse the situation...I think that is absolutely not true.

Brazil
01-05-2016, 08:08 AM
I think that is absolutely not true.

Everyone is entitled to his opinion tbh... I'm saying this since he was drafted. I do hope I will be proven wrong

To succeed with Spurs he needs a 3 pts, Chip can do miracles but difficult to change a slow release like his... this slow release makes him struggle against fast dudes with length. He used to play mostly PG in college, he is too slow to play this position in the NBA. At SF he lacks quickness to keep up, his first step is average... His best shot is probably at PF but again he needs to be a reliable 3 pts threat.

Now on defense he is better than expected tbh... I thought the lack of lateral quickness would kill him but he is doing quite well all things considered.

I don't see him playing meaningful minutes in important games or POs anytime soon tho

UNT Eagles 2016
01-05-2016, 08:18 AM
Kyle has 1 decent move/skill on offense, that sideways dribble dribble and back down for 7 seconds and then fadeaway from mid range, usually near the end of the shot clock. Funny thing is, that shot actually goes in more often than not.

EVAY
01-05-2016, 08:34 AM
Everyone is entitled to his opinion tbh... I'm saying this since he was drafted. I do hope I will be proven wrong

To succeed with Spurs he needs a 3 pts, Chip can do miracles but difficult to change a slow release like his... this slow release makes him struggle against fast dudes with length. He used to play mostly PG in college, he is too slow to play this position in the NBA. At SF he lacks quickness to keep up, his first step is average... His best shot is probably at PF but again he needs to be a reliable 3 pts threat.

Now on defense he is better than expected tbh... I thought the lack of lateral quickness would kill him but he is doing quite well all things considered.

I don't see him playing meaningful minutes in important games or POs anytime soon tho

I think this is pretty well said. Like you, I want to be wrong, and I can definitely see improvement in his development over the last couple of years. So maybe he can eventually be a rotation player, and a good one. But the problems you describe are the ones I have been concerned about as well.

I'm not saying that I think Simmons is going to make it as a Spur long-term either. I worry about his attitude toward other team members pissing off Pop big time if keeps playing the way he does ("I've got the ball and I am going to go to the rim no matter what defense is there and no matter what teammates are around me"). His athleticism definitely helps that second unit though.

Bottom line, - I hope Anderson gets to where he needs to be. I'm just not sure I think that is probable. Hope he surprises me.

Mr. Body
01-05-2016, 08:37 AM
Why are you guys pissing yourselves over this? Anderson will be fine. He's not there yet. It took Joseph this long to show signs of being ready. You're too stupid to realize an older player's fast development on a loaded team has nothing to do with his.

EVAY
01-05-2016, 08:43 AM
Why are you guys pissing yourselves over this? Anderson will be fine. He's not there yet. It took Joseph this long to show signs of being ready. You're too stupid to realize an older player's fast development on a loaded team has nothing to do with his.

TBH, I don't think anyone is pissing themselves but you.

Brazil
01-05-2016, 09:16 AM

:lol pretty much

not sure why this dude is mad calling people stupid for giving their opinion

Mel_13
01-05-2016, 09:22 AM

:lol

steeledl
01-05-2016, 09:25 AM

ceperez
01-05-2016, 09:57 AM
Kyle has 1 decent move/skill on offense, that sideways dribble dribble and back down for 7 seconds and then fadeaway from mid range, usually near the end of the shot clock. Funny thing is, that shot actually goes in more often than not.

It is actually quite accurate in the past couple of games. I don't think he's missed it. Considering that its done with the clock ticking away, I would say it is pretty good.

ceperez
01-05-2016, 10:01 AM
I think this is pretty well said. Like you, I want to be wrong, and I can definitely see improvement in his development over the last couple of years. So maybe he can eventually be a rotation player, and a good one. But the problems you describe are the ones I have been concerned about as well.

I'm not saying that I think Simmons is going to make it as a Spur long-term either. I worry about his attitude toward other team members pissing off Pop big time if keeps playing the way he does ("I've got the ball and I am going to go to the rim no matter what defense is there and no matter what teammates are around me"). His athleticism definitely helps that second unit though.

Bottom line, - I hope Anderson gets to where he needs to be. I'm just not sure I think that is probable. Hope he surprises me.

He doesn't play the way you just described. Early in the season he was looking to pass every time he drove to the paint, unfortunately at least half the time, the basket was wide open. This time he went out to score... 6-7 from the field. 3 of them dunks only one of them a jump shot.

He's got a lot of speed, but the coaching staff is good enough to know how best to use that.

100%duncan
01-05-2016, 10:15 AM

:lmao

Brian Windhorst
01-05-2016, 10:34 AM
Meh. He just isn't the type of player we have any need for right now. There are no minutes for him at the 4 and when healthy we have all of the ballhandling we need in the second unit in Manu and Boris.

Neither is going to see playoff action anyways, so it's moot until next year. Green/Manu will absorb all of their minutes at the 3 when the games count.

kaji157
01-05-2016, 10:50 AM

I dont think Simmon is as good as you advertise, he is just a lot more athletic so can take a lot of advantage over shitty defenses. The kind we are facing now.

Mark it, against good defensive teams Kyle Anderson is a better choice, Simmons would become a turnover machine.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-05-2016, 11:01 AM
Meh. He just isn't the type of player we have any need for right now. There are no minutes for him at the 4 and when healthy we have all of the ballhandling we need in the second unit in Manu and Boris.

Neither is going to see playoff action anyways, so it's moot until next year. Green/Manu will absorb all of their minutes at the 3 when the games count.
we're not going to kill Manu by only playing 3 wings, tbh, someone else will get 10 minutes or so per game... maybe Butler, but I think Simmons.

SAGirl
01-05-2016, 11:16 AM
It is actually quite accurate in the past couple of games. I don't think he's missed it. Considering that its done with the clock ticking away, I would say it is pretty good.

He has always made shots while guarded. This happened in SL too, so guys should not be surprised and that is valuable in a half court set. Just right now Kyle's not going to use that skill bc he's not going to play over Diaw, Simmons or Manu, and the Spurs are not going to channel stuff through him. It is really not difficult to see that he is the victim right now of his skills being redundant in this current bench. His best assets, what he could really bring to the bench is already being provided by others.

Mnky
01-05-2016, 01:10 PM
Kyle gets pulled for defensive breakdowns, not passing up threes. If he wants to play, he has to consistently man his spot on the defensive end. He has too many breakdowns, and does not have the foot speed to recover. He has to figure one out or he will continue to sit. Pop isn't playing when it comes to defense this year.

He's not worried about offense at this point, and spurs starting to show why.

ceperez
01-05-2016, 01:22 PM
He has always made shots while guarded. This happened in SL too, so guys should not be surprised and that is valuable in a half court set. Just right now Kyle's not going to use that skill bc he's not going to play over Diaw, Simmons or Manu, and the Spurs are not going to channel stuff through him. It is really not difficult to see that he is the victim right now of his skills being redundant in this current bench. His best assets, what he could really bring to the bench is already being provided by others.

That's why I keep saying that he has to hit those 3's at a prolific rate. That way he can differentiate himself from guys ahead of him.

If there is anyone he should model his game after, it isn't Diaw, but Larry Bird.

Diaw is athletic and has ridiculous post up moves.

Brazil
01-05-2016, 01:38 PM
Kyle gets pulled for defensive breakdowns, not passing up threes. If he wants to play, he has to consistently man his spot on the defensive end. He has too many breakdowns, and does not have the foot speed to recover. He has to figure one out or he will continue to sit. Pop isn't playing when it comes to defense this year.

I, for one, think issue is not his defense... he has been more than decent on this side of the ball again all things considered

SAGirl
01-05-2016, 01:44 PM

You are right about that. He has figured out ways to be effective defensively. His numbers show it, and if he wasn't doing a good job at times he would have gotten no playing time whatsoever if he was a stiff stick like Austin Daye. But bc he's slow he has no margin for error. He has to stay focused. If he's caught ballwatching as he did for a moment this past game, his man will give him the slip and he won't be able to recover. When he was blown this past game, he was not paying close attention to his guy but to the guy with the ball next to him, and he was standing pretty straight up. That is a recipe for disaster.

I suppose this part of his coaching is necessary bc he can't loose focus while he's out there even for a second.

Mnky
01-05-2016, 01:52 PM
You are right about that. He has figured out ways to be effective defensively. His numbers show it, and if he wasn't doing a good job at times he would have gotten no playing time whatsoever if he was a stiff stick like Austin Daye. But bc he's slow he has no margin for error. He has to stay focused. If he's caught ballwatching as he did for a moment this past game, his man will give him the slip and he won't be able to recover. When he was blown this past game, he was not paying close attention to his guy but to the guy with the ball next to him, and he was standing pretty straight up. That is a recipe for disaster.

I suppose this part of his coaching is necessary bc he can't loose focus while he's out there even for a second.

Exactly.

He plays decent to good defense when he's dialed in. When he isn't disciplined though, it causes huge breakdowns. These arnt tolerable mistakes when you're chasing a championship.

Mnky
01-05-2016, 01:54 PM
I, for one, think issue is not his defense... he has been more than decent on this side of the ball again all things considered

He's decent to good on defense, but he can't afford to not play disciplined as he has zero recovery speed. Watch the games, you'll see Kyle get pulled after his man waltzes by him and breaks down the defense because he lost sight of him. Pops not having it. He pulls Tony for the same thing, which is why Tony has played so good this year on the defensive end.

Brazil
01-05-2016, 02:08 PM
He's decent to good on defense, but he can't afford to not play disciplined as he has zero recovery speed. Watch the games, you'll see Kyle get pulled after his man waltzes by him and breaks down the defense because he lost sight of him. Pops not having it. He pulls Tony for the same thing, which is why Tony has played so good this year on the defensive end.

not saying he is not making mistakes on this side of the ball, just saying this is not the primary reason why he is not seeing playing time

SAGirl
01-05-2016, 02:36 PM
What KA needs to know is that he right now is not orchestrating the offense with both Manu and Diaw on the floor. So, his role is to launch that 3!

That's why I keep saying that he has to hit those 3's at a prolific rate. That way he can differentiate himself from guys ahead of him.

You have a good point here, in that the only thing this current bench could use is another shooter. That is not his strength, and if he's used as a shooter only, Pop is not getting the best out of him quite frankly, but they don't need the other things he can do this season and that is your point. He has to have a role to play and that would be to shoot the 3 and play defense. Has to be just a bit more aggressive with his shot and go from there. If he's clanking then reassess the quality of the shots he took, but be more daring and not pass up shots. He might also hit at least at a 36-37% which he hit in the dleague. He should ideally take 1-2 per game. No need to be chucking, but just enough to add to the team, and improve his confidence in that shot.

ceperez
01-05-2016, 02:43 PM
You have a good point here, in that the only thing this current bench could use is another shooter. That is not his strength, and if he's used as a shooter only, Pop is not getting the best out of him quite frankly, but they don't need the other things he can do this season and that is your point. He has to have a role to play and that would be to shoot the 3 and play defense. Has to be just a bit more aggressive with his shot and go from there. If he's clanking then reassess the quality of the shots he took, but be more daring and not pass up shots. He might also hit at least at a 36-37% which he hit in the dleague. He should ideally take 1-2 per game. No need to be chucking, but just enough to add to the team, and improve his confidence in that shot.

Anderson has a ton of skills. A lot of NBA players have made a living on just one skill: 3 point shooting. Folks are look for a Belinelli replacement, it isn't his game, but if Leonard who shot 29% in college can now shoot 50%, then Anderson better figure out how he can shoot with a decent clip.

Look at Paul Pierce, despite being quite slow at his current age, makes a good living chucking up 3 point shots.

Every Spurs player has to justify why they are on the court on offense and defense. I can see Anderson justify it defensively, he adds a lot of length. I however don't see it if he's passing up open shots.

skulls138
01-05-2016, 03:40 PM
He'll never be a three point chucker because a chucker doesnt want to drive, he wants to have as fast a release as possible to avoid driving. Kyle wants to drive and he doesnt have a quick release at all but hes got to take the shot if hes got the room, if not then he can fake and drive.

ceperez
01-05-2016, 03:50 PM
He'll never be a three point chucker because a chucker doesnt want to drive, he wants to have as fast a release as possible to avoid driving. Kyle wants to drive and he doesnt have a quick release at all but hes got to take the shot if hes got the room, if not then he can fake and drive.

Ideally, he should be posting up little guys just the way Livingston does. That only happens if he's inserted as one of the guards and not the SF. To have that happen, he can either be a Danny Green (3 and D) or a Parker. A Danny Green something reasonable. The NBA has not seen a Magic Johnson like player in a very long time.

steeledl
01-05-2016, 04:03 PM
He is just pretty okay at most things and good at nothing. He is limited as to his potential in most things as well because of various reasons such as being unathletic and having a slow release.He needs to become good at something and be a specialist at it. Probably has most potential to develop a good shot and be a spot shooter but his slow release will hurt him there..... He is a decent passer though so at least he can move the ball.

there are teams in the NBA he could get minutes on..... Just not the Spurs.

ceperez
01-05-2016, 04:06 PM
He is just pretty okay at most things and good at nothing. He is limited as to his potential in most things as well because of various reasons such as being unathletic and having a slow release.He needs to become good at something and be a specialist at it. Probably has most potential to develop a good shot and be a spot shooter but his slow release will hurt him there..... He is a decent passer though so at least he can move the ball.

there are teams in the NBA he could get minutes on..... Just not the Spurs.

30 teams passed on him. I doubt he can get minutes elsewhere. Any teams you have in mind?

steeledl
01-05-2016, 04:07 PM
30 teams passed on him. I doubt he can get minutes elsewhere. Any teams you have in mind?

He he could be a bench player on bad teams.... There is a lot of bad teams out there.

steeledl
01-05-2016, 04:08 PM
Lakers 76ers to start.... If he couldn't get playing time on those teams then I'm not sure why we are talking about him.

ceperez
01-05-2016, 04:34 PM
Lakers 76ers to start.... If he couldn't get playing time on those teams then I'm not sure why we are talking about him.

A lot of bad teams actually think they are better and more talented than they actually are. I don't think they would be interested in a SloMo player that knows only how to pass.

SAGirl
01-05-2016, 04:51 PM
Ideally, he should be posting up little guys just the way Livingston does. That only happens if he's inserted as one of the guards and not the SF. To have that happen, he can either be a Danny Green (3 and D) or a Parker. A Danny Green something reasonable. The NBA has not seen a Magic Johnson like player in a very long time.
I was actually surprised in the Minnesota game (the highlights are in his church thread) he posted up on Shabazz Muhammed (he's a legit SF type-body and build like Simmons) and made an easy shot, he also posted up Bjelica a 6'10 guy and got all the way to the rim. These guys are not good defenders, but they are tall/strong guys. In no way midgets. I also remember him shooting hook shots against Jokic in that Denver game. He has such good ballhandling that he will get to his spots unless you get physical with him. If you get too physical he might draw fouls.. He's actually very skilled in the post.

I don' think they post him up enough bc he hasn't earned it? gotten over himself? a mix?. They also haven't needed him to. December of last season, his rookie year, more raw than he is now, undermanned in the bench, Pop asked him to post up. He scored 15 points in that game, mostly self generated shots and drew fouls even on a legit SF in Nic Batum. For sure he can post up and has game. Spurs just don't ask him to bc they have better options there. They day they need him to do that, they will and I think he will come through for us like he did in SL. If you think about it the kind of game they have him playing (spotting up for 3) is not the game they asked him to develop (what we saw in SL).

There will come a time when we will need him to play aggressive and make stuff happen. Maybe next season with different personnel. It's not right now, and maybe Pop even wants to get him in a defensive mindset right now and work on other holes in his game, like his 3 pt shot before giving him a better role.

ceperez
01-05-2016, 05:09 PM
I was actually surprised in the Minnesota game (the highlights are in his church thread) he posted up on Shabazz Muhammed (he's a legit SF type-body and build like Simmons) and made an easy shot, he also posted up Bjelica a 6'10 guy and got all the way to the rim. These guys are not good defenders, but they are tall/strong guys. In no way midgets. I also remember him shooting hook shots against Jokic in that Denver game. He has such good ballhandling that he will get to his spots unless you get physical with him. If you get too physical he might draw fouls.. He's actually very skilled in the post.

I don' think they post him up enough bc he hasn't earned it? gotten over himself? a mix?. They also haven't needed him to. December of last season, his rookie year, more raw than he is now, undermanned in the bench, Pop asked him to post up. He scored 15 points in that game, mostly self generated shots and drew fouls even on a legit SF in Nic Batum. For sure he can post up and has game. Spurs just don't ask him to bc they have better options there. They day they need him to do that, they will and I think he will come through for us like he did in SL. If you think about it the kind of game they have him playing (spotting up for 3) is not the game they asked him to develop (what we saw in SL).

There will come a time when we will need him to play aggressive and make stuff happen. Maybe next season with different personnel. It's not right now, and maybe Pop even wants to get him in a defensive mindset right now and work on other holes in his game, like his 3 pt shot before giving him a better role.

I remember the Portland game. He was unstoppable even against the likes of Batum.

Spurs really don't like posting up players, unless it is Diaw who has the ability of just score point blank. Anderson is different because he makes pull up jumpers. Lately he's had a high percentage but it hasn't been tested with a lot of volume.

He also must be pretty good at this because in practice, he's facing Leonard as a defender.

What is clear though is that if the clock is winding down, Anderson has the green light to take his man one-on-one.

There's still a lot of regular season left to play. Who knows, Anderson might just make it into the playoff rotation.

quentin_compson
01-05-2016, 05:48 PM
It's kind of hard to overlook how terribly botched the thread title is.

TrainOfThought5
01-05-2016, 06:07 PM

Youre not watching close enough.

skulls138
01-05-2016, 07:06 PM
There will come a time when we will need him to play aggressive and make stuff happen. Maybe next season with different personnel. It's not right now, and maybe Pop even wants to get him in a defensive mindset right now and work on other holes in his game, like his 3 pt shot before giving him a better role.Same progression as Kawhi. Kawhi had to play good D and become a spot up 3 pt shooter then from that foundation came the rest of his game. Same with KA. Unfortunately for him though, A - Hes not Kawhi, B - We're loaded like never before and C - Theres more urgency now to win it all than when Kawhi was a rookie. This is why Simmons is more valuable right now. Hes talented and plays a regular style of b-ball and frankly, seems to want it more.

Bender
01-05-2016, 07:36 PM
not sure if this PTR article has been posted yet. didn't look real hard...

http://www.poundingtherock.com/2016/1/4/10337756/jonathon-simmons-fits-san-antonios-needs-better-than-kyle-anderson

EDIT: just found it posted in the middle of the Who Is Better thread...

oops

skulls138
01-05-2016, 08:14 PM
Didnt see that other one so thanks. Article pretty much sums it up...shoot the ball KA!

Capt Bringdown
01-05-2016, 08:29 PM
Anderson is not an NBA player.
Book it!

skulls138
01-05-2016, 08:33 PM
Just stop with the guarantees. You and Tony Romo.

gospursgojas
01-05-2016, 08:33 PM
Book it!

:tu agree

bluebellmaniac
01-05-2016, 08:42 PM
Book it!

Just checked nba.com.... he's an NBA player...

SpursforSix
01-05-2016, 09:00 PM
I like KA and his skill set but the reality is that he's too slow and doesn't seem to have any aggressiveness in his game. If he was going to be an impact player, I think we'd have seen some better indications by now. Sure other players have done well with only one skill but they were all able to exploit that skill with speed, quickness, or strength. Or size. I can't think of anyone similar to Anderson to really point to a big upside.

AFBlue
01-05-2016, 09:07 PM
Spelling is hard.

:lul

hombre
01-06-2016, 03:10 AM
This team is stacked. Kyle is coming along fine, he knows his role and what he's doing on the court, he's always making the right pass, he plays defense, boxes out and attacks for the rebound, when he shoots, he's hitting his shots and is absorbing what it takes to win.

TrainOfThought5
01-06-2016, 08:11 AM
Wish we had Kyle Anderson to start during the Keith Bogans "centerpiece" era.

ceperez
01-06-2016, 10:23 AM
Wish we had Kyle Anderson to start during the Keith Bogans "centerpiece" era.

He would have been so much better than Keith. Man that era was absolutely terrible.

Oh... BTW... speaking about Keith Bogans... in SL he was guarding Anderson. I have a post with Anderson executing the Dirk jump shot on him.

Fireball
01-06-2016, 11:24 AM
I think it was his breakaway fastbreak dunk ... that scared the shit out of me tbh