PDA

View Full Version : The Roar: Sorry Warriors, the Spurs are the NBA’s best

Supreme_Being
01-06-2016, 11:44 PM
The Golden State Warriors have captured the basketball world’s attention this season. Their history-making 24-0 start to the season was breathtaking, and the Warriors’ fast-paced and deadly offensive onslaught, combined with smothering defence, had NBA fans singing their praises.

The Warriors now sit 31-2, first in the Western Conference, with losses coming against the Milwaukee Bucks – in what was the Warriors’ final game of a seven-game road trip – and a tough loss to the Dallas Mavericks, a game in which MVP Stephen Curry didn’t play.

So, while Golden State has had some hiccups, many would still proclaim them as the league’s best team.

While it’s a fair and sensible point, it is wrong.

Read more... (http://www.theroar.com.au/2016/01/05/sorry-warriors-the-spurs-are-the-nbas-best/)

exstatic
01-06-2016, 11:50 PM
We're Seabiscuit, shadowing them, keeping pace, and resting guys all the same. Curry's leg is going to be a recurring problem every time it gets hit, three times so far. He said it would take a month to fully heal, and that he would never sit out a month.

Supreme_Being
01-06-2016, 11:54 PM
I agree entirely. Also, I think their hubris will get the better of them come post-season.

MaNu4Tres
01-06-2016, 11:57 PM
Its January.

None of this matters right now. However, it's great to see Spurs playing this well so far this season.

Mugen
01-06-2016, 11:58 PM
Wtf is the Roar?

Obstructed_View
01-07-2016, 12:00 AM
The Spurs are playing great, and the matchup with the Dubs is very favorable, but I don't know how you don't say that the Warriors are the best team in the league, if for no other reason than their consistency. They've had a much tougher schedule, more injury problems, and they've only come up short twice. Even the loss to Milwaukee was close. 1 dud in 35 games is just amazingly good. They play at least two meaningful games against the Spurs before the playoffs, so we should know more by then.

My guess is that the above article is written with the idea of keeping them with something to motivate them.

01-07-2016, 12:04 AM
The Spurs are playing great, and the matchup with the Dubs is very favorable, but I don't know how you don't say that the Warriors are the best team in the league, if for no other reason than their consistency. They've had a much tougher schedule, more injury problems, and they've only come up short twice. Even the loss to Milwaukee was close. 1 dud in 35 games is just amazingly good. They play at least two meaningful games against the Spurs before the playoffs, so we should know more by then.

My guess is that the above article is written with the idea of keeping them with something to motivate them.
People are tired of the Warriors already I guess

Supreme_Being
01-07-2016, 12:07 AM

Yeah - but you have to remember the the Dubs are *actually* playing with PO intensity [sometimes] to win games on the regular season to set records. That may very well be their pitfall as they'd wear themselves out come post season.

100%duncan
01-07-2016, 12:16 AM
:worthy: spurms in 6

Obstructed_View
01-07-2016, 12:22 AM
Yeah - but you have to remember the the Dubs are *actually* playing with PO intensity [sometimes] to win games on the regular season to set records. That may very well be their pitfall as they'd wear themselves out come post season.

Excellent point. It has to be a grind to come up with that kind of focus every night. Maybe it will hurt them in May, but in January, there's just no way to avoid giving them their due as the best team in the league.

Obstructed_View
01-07-2016, 12:26 AM
People are tired of the Warriors already I guess

I'm sure some people are. I basically like everyone on their team except Barbosa.

Supreme_Being
01-07-2016, 12:26 AM
Excellent point. It has to be a grind to come up with that kind of focus every night. Maybe it will hurt them in May, but in January, there's just no way to avoid giving them their due as the best team in the league.

Focus, but most importantly physical effort. That can be taxing on anyone, no matter how young you are, on an 82 game season.

While the Warriors are trying hard, it's nice to the Spurs are just cruising along, while getting almost the same results.

BatManu20
01-07-2016, 12:32 AM
Its January.

None of this matters right now. However, it's great to see Spurs playing this well so far this season.

Kawhitstorm
01-07-2016, 12:33 AM
We're Seabiscuit, shadowing them, keeping pace, and resting guys all the same. Curry's leg is going to be a recurring problem every time it gets hit, three times so far. He said it would take a month to fully heal, and that he would never sit out a month.

IIRC, Tony had shin contusions during his derailed MVP season & Wade also had similar issues in 2013-14.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-07-2016, 03:25 AM
We'll be the best team when curry tears his ACL.

hater
01-07-2016, 09:48 AM
Dumb. Worriers at the champs and on a better pace than the GOATs Bulls.

Stupid to say Spurs are better tbh

I. Hustle
01-07-2016, 10:00 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/4607913/sid-vicious-broken-leg-o.gif

Horse
01-07-2016, 02:00 PM
I see the Spurs building to a beautiful crescendo just like '14. Crazy they are still demolishing teams while resting starters. They will be one of the top seeds and when they smell blood they will take what's theirs.

james evans
01-07-2016, 04:30 PM
and curry has a nagging leg injury(or they may be playing chess. who knows). I know I see very differnt things in spurs and warriors games. In a spurs game, when we go up big early, Popovich uses the bench, gets everyone used to playing with each other and rests our players. When the warriors are up big, even late in the game, curry, thompson, and green are still coming down stat padding. Yes it's gonna hurt them

aal04
01-07-2016, 04:40 PM
Point differential means chit with the schedule we have had.

The GSW are without a doubt better team than us. All time great team we are seeing.

But we match favorably with them, and we have more potential and star power than them. So i think we can improve a fair bit, whereas i think GSW have already peaked.

Leetonidas
01-07-2016, 04:45 PM
People are starting to take notice. Warrior fans are starting to look scared tbh on other bball forums they are pretty salty when someone points out how well spurs are doing

skulls138
01-07-2016, 05:09 PM
Another question is who is built better for the playoffs? Used to be the team with the better half court game, interior game and defense was favored. At least two out of that three the Spurs are better.

look_at_g_shred
01-07-2016, 05:10 PM
People are starting to take notice. Warrior fans are starting to look scared tbh on other bball forums they are pretty salty when someone points out how well spurs are doing
Sounds like us tbh..

r0drig0lac
01-07-2016, 05:17 PM
Sounds like us tbh..

Embedded
01-07-2016, 05:45 PM

Excellent point! I have thought all along they're like young LeBron, not understanding how to keep something in the tank. I like what Golden State has done, I think they're living in the limelight has added stress and increased wear and tear.