PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Bench on Another Level

DarrinS
01-07-2016, 01:57 PM
http://stats.nba.com/featured/spurs_bench_on_another_level_2016_01_07.html

DBMethos
01-07-2016, 02:48 PM
San Antonio's bench is simply unmatched in its production - claiming the top offense, top defense and top net rating of any reserve unit.

:bobo

DJR210
01-07-2016, 02:54 PM
:worthy:

MarCowMar
01-07-2016, 02:58 PM
Ever since Diaw arrived and paired with Manu our bench has often been more fun to watch than the starters.

ceperez
01-07-2016, 03:02 PM
+15.6 NET RATING. In other words, if a team rests their starters, they get blown away before they come back in.

MaNu4Tres
01-07-2016, 03:19 PM
Remember when all those experts on twitter were skeptical about the Spurs because of the departures of Baynes, Joseph, Ayres, Beilinelli?

Yeah I thought that was beyond stupid too.

First time I've ever heard these egotistic experts complain about the departures of the 10th-14th guys on a roster.

SnottieDrippen, Amin, Tynan to name a few...

SAGirl
01-07-2016, 03:19 PM
+15.6 NET RATING. In other words, if a team rests their starters, they get blown away before they come back in.
Wow.
:wow
:bobo

K...
01-07-2016, 03:27 PM
That top-ranked defense is even better with its bench players on the floor, allowing just 92.5 points per 100 possessions - four points fewer than the second-ranked Heat.

All hail boban the conqueror

skulls138
01-07-2016, 05:29 PM
Remember when all those experts on twitter were skeptical about the Spurs because of the departures of Baynes, Joseph, Ayres, Beilinelli?

First time I've ever heard these egotistic experts complain about the departures of the 10th-14th guys on a roster.

SnottieDrippen, Amin, Tynan to name a few...Its pretty stupid. The hatred is obvious. What I dont understand is why they think theyre hatred will translate to the Spurs failure year after year. It must suck for them. Oh well their pain is my pleasure.

Aztecfan03
01-08-2016, 09:53 AM

beli, baynes, joseph were at worst 9,10, znd 11. Kinda doubt people lamented the loss of Ayres.

SPURt
01-08-2016, 09:56 AM
How do we feel about their self given nickname of Juice Unit? I think it sounds like 50 cent is running a horrible and borderline racist ad campaign with Kool-Aid.

SAGirl
01-08-2016, 11:17 AM
How do we feel about their self given nickname of Juice Unit? I think it sounds like 50 cent is running a horrible and borderline racist ad campaign with Kool-Aid.
I thought they were the foreign legion, but switch Marco for Simms, and you have to change it. I guess juice unit is Simms-influenced.lol. Although juice is a MAnu word.

Uriel
01-08-2016, 11:57 AM
Great read. :tu

That said, it was a little worrying that the article pointed out that the Spurs' bench net rating at +6.5 is by far the highest in the NBA, blowing past #2 ranked Golden State (+1.4). This is worrying because in the playoffs, when starters' minutes are ramped up and bench play becomes less of a factor, this Spurs advantage over the Warriors becomes somewhat neutralized.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-08-2016, 12:03 PM

That said, it was a little worrying that the article pointed out that the Spurs' bench net rating at +6.5 is by far the highest in the NBA, blowing past #2 ranked Golden State (+1.4). This is worrying because in the playoffs, when starters' minutes are ramped up and bench play becomes less of a factor, this Spurs advantage over the Warriors becomes somewhat neutralized.
Bench was a big factor in the 2014 finals tbh

daledondale
01-08-2016, 12:09 PM
We have the best bench of the league, and nobody can deny that.

stnick2261
01-08-2016, 12:27 PM

The Spurs will play their bench. Any team that doesn't rest their starters against us will lose each game in the 4th quarter when they can't breathe.

NameLess Scrub
01-08-2016, 12:35 PM
Most important thing is that they are successful vs the top teams.

ceperez
01-08-2016, 12:49 PM
Most important thing is that they are successful vs the top teams.

Hasn't been tested enough. Pop tends to shorten the lineup, which shouldn't be the case since this is regular season.

SAGirl
01-08-2016, 02:29 PM
Hasn't been tested enough. Pop tends to shorten the lineup, which shouldn't be the case since this is regular season.
Specially in close games. Our bench has played a lot of garbage time.

Mnky
01-08-2016, 04:10 PM
Remember when all those experts on SPURSTALK were skeptical about the Spurs because of the departures of Baynes, Joseph, Ayres, Beilinelli?

FIFY

Obstructed_View
01-08-2016, 05:04 PM
I heard somewhere that McCallum was inactive for the game. Was there ever a repercussion to that?

T Park
01-08-2016, 05:08 PM

lol, ive got nothing.

T Park
01-08-2016, 05:09 PM
The Spurs will play their bench. Any team that doesn't rest their starters against us will lose each game in the 4th quarter when they can't breathe.

agree, however, still waiting on the clippers to get tired. thats all i heard was they would tire out due to the spurs depth. never happened.

SAGirl
01-08-2016, 06:54 PM
I heard somewhere that McCallum was inactive for the game. Was there ever a repercussion to that?
It was cj McCollum from Portland.

Obstructed_View
01-08-2016, 07:32 PM
It was cj McCollum from Portland.

I always confuse them. I guess someone else did the same.