PDA

View Full Version : Again, Kawhi gets completely ignored in crunch time...

Amuseddaysleeper
01-08-2016, 11:09 PM
The guy was BEGGING for the ball, open on some occasions as Parker went to the rim and was ignored by pretty much everyone.

Props to Parker for showing up in crunch time, but it's absolutely baffling that this team grooms Leonard to be the next big thing and then go away from him in the moments that would only help him grow as a player.

Unreal.

dabom
01-08-2016, 11:10 PM
I'm glad you said it. Too many fucking people in here just keep thinking their isn't a fucking problem here. Mostly low IQ posters.

ducks
01-08-2016, 11:16 PM
I'm glad you said it. Too many fucking people in here just keep thinking their isn't a fucking problem here. Mostly low IQ posters.

Who says your basketball iq is high?

apalisoc_9
01-08-2016, 11:18 PM
The spurs this year have been poor in late game situation. They managed to find a way out today but defenses know exactly what to do. They actually use Parker tendencies to their advantage.

spursfaninla
01-08-2016, 11:19 PM
2 of 3 in crunch time.

ducks
01-08-2016, 11:20 PM
Spurs o late in game was not the problem d was

13 points in 3:21 on pace for 39 in one quarter

apalisoc_9
01-08-2016, 11:21 PM
2 of 3 in crunch time.

Thats a pretty stupid way to put things tbh.

ducks
01-08-2016, 11:21 PM
Better then Leonard right before half brick

DenialTwist
01-08-2016, 11:24 PM
This is starting to become more apparent each game. Kind of sad to watch. I know Parker wants to be a hero but his jumper is unreliable. It would be better if he could set up his teammates, namely Kawhi, in those situations, pass the torch TP.

spursfaninla
01-08-2016, 11:26 PM
Thats a pretty stupid way to put things tbh.

those whose lack intelligence to actually retort with logic typically respond with ad hominem, so no surprises there.

some in your crew can only manage filth or other similar replies, so not surprised.

sorry, actually 3-4. forgot to include aldridge open mid-range jumper.

apalisoc_9
01-08-2016, 11:38 PM
those whose lack intelligence to actually retort with logic typically respond with ad hominem, so no surprises there.

some in your crew can only manage filth or other similar replies, so not surprised.

sorry, actually 3-4. forgot to include aldridge open mid-range jumper.

Cheerleader

ducks
01-08-2016, 11:40 PM
This is starting to become more apparent each game. Kind of sad to watch. I know Parker wants to be a hero but his jumper is unreliable. It would be better if he could set up his teammates, namely Kawhi, in those situations, pass the torch TP.
8 assist hello

spursfaninla
01-08-2016, 11:40 PM
nice, new one.

but still boring.

how does kawhi's nutsack taste?

truth bomb: If we lost but he took the last few shots, you would have been happier.

YGWHI
01-08-2016, 11:49 PM

It's not only Parker, Pop's the issue, too. He still trusts more and is reliant on Parker and Manu than LMA/Kawhi. Sometimes that will work, most of time won't.

But it's more important that Parker stop ignoring Kawhi's matchups, he had Calderon on him several times and Parker couldn't recognize the matchup.

If your PG can't recognize a Kawhi-Calderon matchup...we'll have some problems there.

Every game you can watch that crazy stuff, against Beal, Sessions, Neto, now we can add Calderon to the list. Just imagine if Kawhi is guarded by Curry and nobody passes him the ball...it's so frustrating.

ducks
01-08-2016, 11:50 PM
Leonard was off tonight

YGWHI
01-08-2016, 11:59 PM
Leonard was off tonight

.42FG% is a good reason to ignore Kawhi when midgets are guarding him? I don't think so

pgardn
01-09-2016, 12:03 AM
Cheerleader

Waiting for you to go into heat over another family member.
Maybe you stay away.
Forever.

tmtcsc
01-09-2016, 12:03 AM
It was nice to see the Spurs get challenged tonight. They need more games like this to test their mettle and face adversity.

Mr. Body
01-09-2016, 12:04 AM
Spurs o late in game was not the problem d was

13 points in 3:21 on pace for 39 in one quarter

This. The Knicks couldn't miss plus Leonard blew the pick on Aldridge that got Zingis the dunk.

SuperCam
01-09-2016, 12:04 AM
kiwi crunch time = 6

bic50
01-09-2016, 12:09 AM
Now this bitch shows up ^^^
Likely greatcucks Alt

dabom
01-09-2016, 12:10 AM
Now this bitch shows up ^^^
Likely greatcucks Alt

His main/alt already got cucked. :lmao

spursfaninla
01-09-2016, 12:14 AM
well, you are being generous in your "crunch time", or maybe you are referencing kawhi's general crunchtime scoring or something? if so, you so unclear as to be unintelligible.

maybe last 5 if within 5 points or so. most i would say count the last 2 minutes.

Kawhi last 3 shots:

kawhi missed his shot at 3:26.

free throws at 6:56. (good)

missed at 7:56.

I do think LA and kawhi need to be the center of the offense the last 2 minutes, unlike this game.

But its not like we went from a super-efficient kawhi in the 4th to parker chucking the last 2 minutes.

ducks
01-09-2016, 12:16 AM
Giving up dunk late in game will not get u the ball
On o

ElNono
01-09-2016, 12:17 AM
tbh, Kawhi struggled with his shot all game, and thus it's no surprise the Spurs struggled to get the win...

This is stuff that happens to every player and every team, when your best player doesn't have a good night, the team suffers... I'm glad we were able to still eek out a win.

apalisoc_9
01-09-2016, 12:19 AM
tbh, Kawhi struggled with his shot all game, and thus it's no surprise the Spurs struggled to get the win...

This is stuff that happens to every player and every team, when your best player doesn't have a good night, the team suffers... I'm glad we were able to still eek out a win.

He was 8/19..thats hardly considered struggling..they were already cruising to a nice win before the offense become putrid and Ny started to hit crazy shots in the last 7 minutes of the game.

ducks
01-09-2016, 12:21 AM
Giving up dunks late is struggling

spursfaninla
01-09-2016, 12:22 AM
i thought we were talking about spurs offense in crunch time, not the whole game.

kawhi was 1-3 in the 4th.

parker was 2-3 in the last 2 minutes.

but but but...offensive flow.

Matty2Cool
01-09-2016, 12:24 AM
It was nice to see the Spurs get challenged tonight. They need more games like this to test their mettle and face adversity.

Agreed. Just wish it was on the road against a potential contender. Still a good dub though

ElNono
01-09-2016, 12:24 AM
He was 8/19..thats hardly considered struggling..they were already cruising to a nice win before the offense become putrid and Ny started to hit crazy shots in the last 7 minutes of the game.

For a guy that's shooting a crazy 52% for the season, a 42% shooting night is just an off night... nothing wrong with that, every player has up and downs.

As far as the closing moments, I agree the offense bogged down, and frankly didn't understand Pop not putting Manu back in earlier than the 3 min mark, or not even calling a single timeout, but I suppose he wanted to see that unit closing out the game.

apalisoc_9
01-09-2016, 12:35 AM
For a guy that's shooting a crazy 52% for the season, a 42% shooting night is just an off night... nothing wrong with that, every player has up and downs.

As far as the closing moments, I agree the offense bogged down, and frankly didn't understand Pop not putting Manu back in earlier than the 3 min mark, or not even calling a single timeout, but I suppose he wanted to see that unit closing out the game.

Manu and.Boris are essentially the catalyst of all motion related offense for the spurs and I mean ALL.

Kawhi commands double teams so hes got that going for him.

bic50
01-09-2016, 12:37 AM
Giving up dunk late in game will not get u the ball
On o

So I take it you're a huge parker fan?

raybies
01-09-2016, 12:39 AM
I'm with the crew who thinks the answer to the late game offense is to put kawhi and LMa in pnr and postups. After the game boris mentioned that was the plan from the beginning, to play inside out. Reason why they don't do that now is because pop knows if he has to go that route Parker would have to sit due to spacing. Teams would just sag off Parker and dare him to shoot the three thus we would live and die by his ability to shoot it. Basically what we did to LeBron. Second reason is you would have to take out Duncan for the same reason. He's hasn't been hitting his mid range jumper effectively. Teams would sag off him also. So Patty and Green/ boris are in. Lastly i don't think pop is ready to hand the keys over, fully, to KL and LMA who havent the experience of the Big 3. Does he trust them? In this scenario only manu would be in to hold hands and lead. Pop is just going with the surer thing and more known. Maybe KL and LMA havent shown him enough for him to make such a drastic decision. I mean ParKer is his boy and still relatively young. When did pop start sitting Duncan?

Just some thoughts.

dabom
01-09-2016, 12:45 AM
I'm with the crew who thinks the answer to the late game offense is to put kawhi and LMa in pnr and postups. After the game boris mentioned that was the plan from the beginning, to play inside out. Reason why they don't do that now is because pop knows if he has to go that route Parker would have to sit due to spacing. Teams would just sag off Parker and dare him to shoot the three thus we would live and die by his ability to shoot it. Basically what we did to LeBron. Second reason is you would have to take out Duncan for the same reason. He's hasn't been hitting his mid range jumper effectively. Teams would sag off him also. So Patty and Green/ boris are in. Lastly i don't think pop is ready to hand the keys over, fully, to KL and LMA who havent the experience of the Big 3. Does he trust them? In this scenario only manu would be in to hold hands and lead. Pop is just going with the surer thing and more known. Maybe KL and LMA havent shown him enough for him to make such a drastic decision. I mean ParKer is his boy and still relatively young. When did pop start sitting Duncan?

Just some thoughts.

Been saying this all along. That's why I prefer Patty's spacing and he can play off the ball whenever so seamless. He also hustles on D. This team loves Patty's impact shown on full display during the playoffs.

dabom
01-09-2016, 12:49 AM
Pop doesn't give the keys to Kawhi, but its his fault when he doesn't have enough experience and fails when you pick and chose when to put him on the spot cold. Pop is icing his best player.

Also been saying this. Kawhi is getting the most points but he isn't the true go to guy. It's more than a shot here and there in the fourth. You have to feed him and let him play make or shoot in the fourth.

dabom
01-09-2016, 12:54 AM
The collective mind of ST is always half a year back. It's always funny when you know which side your on. :lol

Hoops Czar
01-09-2016, 12:55 AM

Because he's 39 and it's January.

ElNono
01-09-2016, 12:58 AM
Because he's 39 and it's January.

Well, yeah, what I meant is that Pop didn't seem too interested in going all out to win this game. Probably, as you said, because it's January, and I also think Pop isn't a fan of this 'streaks', like the home winning streak.

Sometimes you get the feeling he would like to just lose a game so that stuff is out of the way...

raybies
01-09-2016, 12:58 AM
To save Tony, hes using KL as a spacer. Only way he can play Tony. If he uses KL than he loses that spacer and would have to put patty in. It's sad to see KL so underutilized in the clutch, him being the second best player in the league and all just so Parker can play. But who knows how KL and LMa would handle it. This is just a theory but maybe Parker doesn't initiate the offense to kawhi in the post because he knows that would leave him an open three in the corner and if he doesn't make those it would accelerate his path to the bench. Maybe he makes them. Who knows. Maybe Parker...

dabom
01-09-2016, 01:02 AM
Pop is out thinking himself. He wants Kawhi to get offensive rebounds and play transition D since someone else would be taking the shot, but Kawhi is just a beast offensively and good passer off the double team. Trust the young legs Pop. He got you a ring doing it.

LongtimeSpursFan
01-09-2016, 01:14 AM
Giving up dunks late is struggling

Unfortunately its its not the first time Kawhi has missed a defensive assignment. Cost us series last year and a game this year.

dabom
01-09-2016, 01:16 AM
Parker couldn't even beat a one legged man last playoff series. :lmao

Shot 0-15 to start the last game before the clippers series. :lmao

dabom
01-09-2016, 01:17 AM
Pop had to shout and shout for Tony to take CP3oneleg off the dribble and he barely scored. :lmao

100%duncan
01-09-2016, 04:06 AM
To save Tony, hes using KL as a spacer. Only way he can play Tony. If he uses KL than he loses that spacer and would have to put patty in. It's sad to see KL so underutilized in the clutch, him being the second best player in the league and all just so Parker can play. But who knows how KL and LMa would handle it. This is just a theory but maybe Parker doesn't initiate the offense to kawhi in the post because he knows that would leave him an open three in the corner and if he doesn't make those it would accelerate his path to the bench. Maybe he makes them. Who knows. Maybe Parker...

:wow

Fireball
01-09-2016, 05:09 AM
Leonard really fucked up a play after a timeout in the second half and took a 2 point shot only a feet within the three point line ... will he try that in crunch time?

SupremeGuy
01-09-2016, 05:41 AM
http://sites.psu.edu/musicalmadness/wp-content/uploads/sites/34493/2015/11/cats4.jpg

hoopsfag/thegreatfag

You know greatfag, have you had a chance at getting "your crush?" You're a giant faggot here but I'm rooting for you. Grow a pair and do something.

ceperez
01-09-2016, 06:31 AM

Leonard struggles against long defenders. Porzingis length bothered him every time he got to the paint.

ceperez
01-09-2016, 06:34 AM
My beef with tony in not really his offense but rather his defense. I would rather have Manu or Simmons on the court instead of Parker.

Spurs definitely have serious flaws come clutch time situations that can only be fixed by having to play more close games.

SpursIndonesia
01-09-2016, 07:27 AM
It is so damn asinine to think that Parker could have deviated from any predetermined plays directed by Popovich himself in any fucking way without getting his ass yanked from the game. Especially when he was defended one on one by Jose freaking Calderon in the first place, damn.

tbdog
01-09-2016, 07:35 AM
In crunch time, I want my best player (Leonard) to have the ball, while my second best player (LMA) setting the pick. A simple two man game on the one side of the court. But I agree with one poster here, our crunch time D was pathetic. Our O was fine. Parker came through except for that long brick.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-09-2016, 07:40 AM
The guy was BEGGING for the ball, open on some occasions as Parker went to the rim and was ignored by pretty much everyone.

Props to Parker for showing up in crunch time, but it's absolutely baffling that this team grooms Leonard to be the next big thing and then go away from him in the moments that would only help him grow as a player.

Unreal.

The worse was when Simmons was WIDE OPEN for a baseline 3 and Parker just dribbled right pass him. Parker almost cost the Spurs the game and settle down just in time to not completely blow it.

rasuo214
01-09-2016, 07:51 AM
i thought we were talking about spurs offense in crunch time, not the whole game.

kawhi was 1-3 in the 4th.

parker was 2-3 in the last 2 minutes.

but but but...offensive flow.

Well if we want to be honest and fair then it should be pointed out that Parker was also 1-3 in the 4th before taking the final 3 shots, and to those pointing out that Kawhi was at 42%, Parker was at 38% before those final 3 shots and even after those 3 shots he ended the game at 44%. Parker also has a higher season FG% than Kawhi so it could be argued that Parker was struggling more than Kawhi was at that point.

Either way it worked out, the team won, and ultimately that is what really matters. If there's anything to complain about it's the defense late in the game. 21 points allowed in the final 6 minutes.

ceperez
01-09-2016, 08:00 AM
Well if we want to be honest and fair then it should be pointed out that Parker was also 1-3 in the 4th before taking the final 3 shots, and to those pointing out that Kawhi was at 42%, Parker was at 38% before those final 3 shots and even after those 3 shots he ended the game at 44%. Parker also has a higher season FG% than Kawhi so it could be argued that Parker was struggling more than Kawhi was at that point.

Either way it worked out, the team won, and ultimately that is what really matters. If there's anything to complain about it's the defense late in the game. 21 points allowed in the final 6 minutes.

The last 3 attempts by Parker, it was actually setup by Ginobili who noticed the mismatch. So even if Leonard was calling for the ball, Parker passed it, to Manu who passed it back.

The last missed play though should have got to Leonard instead of Parker taking a last second contested shot. Both Manu and Tony should not be running down the clock and shooting a last second shot, that should by Leonard's job.

Seventyniner
01-09-2016, 08:02 AM

Somehow the worst take in this thread.

rasuo214
01-09-2016, 08:15 AM
The last 3 attempts by Parker, it was actually setup by Ginobili who noticed the mismatch. So even if Leonard was calling for the ball, Parker passed it, to Manu who passed it back.

The last missed play though should have got to Leonard instead of Parker taking a last second contested shot. Both Manu and Tony should not be running down the clock and shooting a last second shot, that should by Leonard's job.

By no means am I complaining that Parker took those 3 shots, it worked so there's no reason to complain. I'm just pointing out to those saying the reason Kawhi didn't get clutch possessions was because he was struggling, well Parker was also struggling so that shouldn't be the reason.

Personally I would like to see LMA and Kawhi get a few of those possessions because they're supposed to be the future. We already know what we have in the Big 3. I think it's tough to expect LMA/Kawhi to show up in the playoffs when they aren't given those opportunities to gain experience during the regular season, but we'll see. Or maybe Pop plans on relying on the Big 3 in the clutch for as long as they're around.

K...
01-09-2016, 10:21 AM
Pop doesn't give the keys to Kawhi, but its his fault when he doesn't have enough experience and fails when you pick and chose when to put him on the spot cold. Pop is icing his best player.

LMAO.....

Also been saying this. Kawhi is getting the most points but he isn't the true go to guy. It's more than a shot here and there in the fourth. You have to feed him and let him play make or shoot in the fourth.

The collective mind of ST is always half a year back. It's always funny when you know which side your on. :lol

The first statement is just a misunderstanding of the offense. The second is just narcissism.

Pop is out thinking himself. He wants Kawhi to get offensive rebounds and play transition D since someone else would be taking the shot, but Kawhi is just a beast offensively and good passer off the double team. Trust the young legs Pop. He got you a ring doing it.

Parker couldn't even beat a one legged man last playoff series. :lmao

Shot 0-15 to start the last game before the clippers series. :lmao

living in the past. Assuming we can just restart the motion offense at will with any lineup lmao.

What i see is a lot of spurstalkers projecting their own inadequacies on a player they admire. This was a meh game from Leonard. There is no one to blame here.

raybies
01-09-2016, 10:51 AM
There's only a few teams that can expose the spurs in the playoffs maybe 4. I think the concerns now are mainly late game offense. Not much to complain about due to the success of the team but I do think the late game execution merits some debate considering we are told one thing and see another. My interests right now lie in the reasons why KL and LMA aren't getting the ball in the clutch when the guys who are taking the shots say it's KL and LMA team. I thing kawhi and Lamarcus have handled themselves rather well under these circumstances. I'm fine with the big 3 doing their thing, I just think KL and LMA would be more efficient. I get pop letting them figure out, but pop puts the lineups in and who he's playing says alot. Imo he doesn't mind Tony doing what he's doing. I just to learn the hard way with a championship on the line. Just speculation and observation. Don't know why people get mad at opinions.

lefty
01-09-2016, 11:49 AM
:lol Porker is an insecure piece of shit

PopTheGOAT
01-09-2016, 01:30 PM
Omf, this Parker v. Kawhi debate is just exhausting. It literally ruins the entire board. S...T...F...U... Reminds me of that damn Twilight crap. Team Edward or Team Jacob or some shii. Y'all sound like a bunch of little girls. Parker and Kawhi are both great players. Most importantly, they're on the SAME DAMN TEAM. Seriously, please rethink what you're doing when all you want to do is bash your own team's player. If so, delete your account. Smh

spursistan
01-09-2016, 01:47 PM
https://i.imgur.com/rD8yJIP.jpg

Nope, don't see a 50% 3PT shooter out there..let me do a one-two game with Manu and close this shit out..

dabom
01-09-2016, 02:34 PM

Nope, don't see a 50% 3PT shooter out there..let me do a one-two game with Manu and close this shit out..

Lets just not pass it to the best 3 point shooter in the game. :lmao

Maybe he can't drive it in. :lmao

Maybe he can't post up the smaller player. :lmao

spursfaninla
01-09-2016, 02:38 PM
yeah, that was frustrating, but obviously parker had a bad angle to pass to Kawhi, so really good defense to prevent the immediate pass to our best player.

You do notice the really tall defensive player directly between kawhi and parker, right?

dabom
01-09-2016, 02:44 PM
yeah, that was frustrating, but obviously parker had a bad angle to pass to Kawhi, so really good defense to prevent the immediate pass to our best player.

You do notice the really tall defensive player directly between kawhi and parker, right?

If you don't think porker can make that pass I don't know what to tell you. :lmao

Anyone in ST can make that fucking pass. :lmao

dabom
01-09-2016, 02:45 PM
That's a 1/10 on the Manu Pass Scale. :lmao

spursfaninla
01-09-2016, 03:12 PM
yes he could make the pass, it but it would have to be a high, slow pass and the defense would have plenty of time to get up on kawhi.

What I am saying is, Kawhi being "open" in this picture is misleading.

itzsoweezee
01-09-2016, 03:16 PM

Unreal.

I saw it too. For the most part, Parker was getting good shots. But that last brick that gave the Knicks the chance to win the game was just heroball bullshit. Tony, who has terrible court vision anyway, wasn't even looking to pass.

dabom
01-09-2016, 03:16 PM
yes he could make the pass, it but it would have to be a high, slow pass and the defense would have plenty of time to get up on kawhi.

What I am saying is, Kawhi being "open" in this picture is misleading.

No he's open. And if the defender runs too fast, Kawhi can just drive on him. He isn't a fucking one trick pony. Then if he can't drive on him, he can just post him up for fuck's sake. I'm done arguing over a fucking easy pass. Give it the 2nd best player in the nba.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-09-2016, 05:01 PM

You don't see #4 in the passing lane? That means the pass either has to be a lob in which case Calderon and the guard who was already beginning to rotate in the paint can get it or it has to go to Manu which gives time for the rotation. Meanwhile LMA has great post position and a mismatch.

Thank yo though for pointing out how you don't know what the fuck youre seeing when you look at the game.

SAGirl
01-09-2016, 06:03 PM

You got it right, we won. There are player agendas being pushed around from everywhere, but push those agendas aside, you realize that it was our defense getting shredded. Many buckets were simply a guard running at full speed and making shots right at the rim. A few shots were contested 3s, (fluke or not for whoever is going to call the luck coin, it happens, it is the NBA, that is why we enjoy watching, unlikely shots happen nightly). It is the easy shots given up and the defense falling apart at the end that almost let NYK steal this one from us.

K...
01-09-2016, 08:22 PM
wow so many people have been wrecked in the last 24 hours trying to player fan "explain" a close win. kawhi was the leading scorer. The issue was defense.

I've seen it many times. When an autistic kid gets bumped they freeze and go silent. This is why kawhi didn't get the call, the ref didn't see it and Kawhi couldn't make the usual human noises. He needs to work on that. More therapy.

The knicks are hard for us because they have a motley mix of shooters and driving guards that we don't have the time to really scout. This year they have two all star level players. Their coach is an all time spurs villain. WE will not see the knicks in the playoffs.

Hoops Czar
01-09-2016, 08:42 PM

What he doesn't realize is why pass it to a guy who shoots 38% in the clutch when you can keep it in the hands of a guy who shoots 59% in the clutch. To make matters worse, Parker scored on that possession and he's bitching because he didn't pass it to wide open Kawhi for what would have been a lower percentage shot. I'd take a shot at the rim over a three pointer any day of the week. :lol Player fans!!!

100%duncan
01-09-2016, 09:07 PM

What bad angle? Anyone who could not make that pass should not be in the nba. Someone explained it better somewhere that Parker was focused on getting LMA the ball and thus missing a wide open Kawhi but that speaks if his lack of court vision. Dude it was a clear passing lane :lol

K...
01-09-2016, 11:11 PM
What bad angle? Anyone who could not make that pass should not be in the nba. Someone explained it better somewhere that Parker was focused on getting LMA the ball and thus missing a wide open Kawhi but that speaks if his lack of court vision. Dude it was a clear passing lane :lol

do you have a 3d TV or something?

YGWHI
01-09-2016, 11:45 PM
I've said it many times. When an autistic kid gets bumped they freeze and go silent. This is why kawhi didn't get the call, the ref didn't see it and Kawhi couldn't make the usual human noises. He needs to work on that. More therapy.

Agree. It's not the first time you call Kawhi autistic/retarded kid, this is your typical way to deal with Kawhi #4 in PER, #3 in RPM, .80% in isos, 50-50-90 season.

It's just a strange way of handling your emotions, instead of insulting him you should work more to gain control over your frustration and anger for Kawhi's MVP season, in therapy.

dabom
01-09-2016, 11:48 PM
K... is a parody/tryhard account. Very funny. :lol

bic50
01-10-2016, 12:04 AM
K is seriously a disturbed individual.

YGWHI
01-10-2016, 12:27 AM
K is seriously a disturbed individual.

He needs teraphy, hope he gets sick of himself soon and finds some professional help.

100%duncan
01-10-2016, 12:29 AM
I try to ignore retards

Kidd K
01-10-2016, 12:37 AM
To be fair that Knicks game was only close because our defense failed repeatedly towards the end. Wasn't too much of an offense thing when NYK scores on practically every possession down the stretch.

Don't know why anyone's blaming Parker . . .he's shooting less than ever aside from his rookie season. And when he does shoot it's been money, his AST/TO ratio is better than ever this year, even his offensive and defensive ratings are both tied for the best of his career. Y'all need a new scapegoat 'cuz Parker is playing superb basketball.

Kawhi's doing fine too. . .personally I don't care who leads the team in FGAs or PPG. As long as the Spurs win games I'm happy.

bic50
01-10-2016, 12:41 AM
He needs teraphy, hope he gets sick of himself soon and finds some professional help.

I can't help but to pity someone like that.

dabom
01-10-2016, 12:43 AM
To be fair that Knicks game was only close because our defense failed repeatedly towards the end. Wasn't too much of an offense thing when NYK scores on practically every possession down the stretch.

Don't know why anyone's blaming Parker . . .he's shooting less than ever aside from his rookie season. And when he does shoot it's been money, his AST/TO ratio is better than ever this year, even his offensive and defensive ratings are both tied for the best of his career. Y'all need a new scapegoat 'cuz Parker is playing superb basketball.

Kawhi's doing fine too. . .personally I don't care who leads the team in FGAs or PPG. As long as the Spurs win games I'm happy.

Defensive liability playing with 4 elite defensive players will lower your defensive rating. Just saying you can't read too much into that. You can't extrapolate anything except to the current roster.

dabom
01-10-2016, 12:47 AM
Defensive Rating
1.Kawhi Leonard (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/leonaka01.html) ▪ SAS92.0
2.Tim Duncan (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/duncati01.html) ▪ SAS92.2
3.Hassan Whiteside (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/whiteha01.html) ▪ MIA92.4
4.Andre Drummond (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/drumman01.html) ▪ DET94.1
5.Pau Gasol (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/gasolpa01.html) ▪ CHI95.8
6.LaMarcus Aldridge (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/aldrila01.html) ▪ SAS96.0
7.Jared Sullinger (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/sullija01.html) ▪ BOS96.1
8.Danny Green (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/greenda02.html) ▪ SAS96.8
9.Ian Mahinmi (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/mahinia01.html) ▪ IND96.9
10.DeAndre Jordan (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jordade01.html) ▪ LAC97.9
11.Patrick Mills (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/millspa02.html) ▪ SAS98.0
12.Nikola Mirotic (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/mirotni01.html) ▪ CHI98.3
13.Draymond Green (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/greendr01.html) ▪ GSW98.4
14.Boris Diaw (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/diawbo01.html) ▪ SAS98.4
15.Paul George (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/georgpa01.html) ▪ IND98.8
16.Kevin Love (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/loveke01.html) ▪ CLE98.9
17.Kelly Olynyk (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/o/olynyke01.html) ▪ BOS98.9
18.Amir Johnson (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/johnsam01.html) ▪ BOS99.0
19.Tony Parker (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/parketo01.html) ▪ SAS99.2
20.LeBron James (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jamesle01.html) ▪ CLE99.3

We don't read this and think Tony is a comparable defender to Draymond right?

Edited that.

Kidd K
01-10-2016, 12:50 AM
Defensive liability playing with 4 elite defensive players will lower your defensive rating. Just saying you can't read too much into that. You can't extrapolate anything except to the current roster.

If his defense was so shitty and exploitable we wouldn't have by far the best defensive team stats in the NBA. Ofc he isn't as good as Green, Leonard, or Duncan on D'. And those 3 aren't the playmaker Parker is. Fact is, Parker's D' is fine within the scope of this team and he is providing some good play.

If he was truly that shitty we would be playing worse with him on the court. . .yet we aren't. He's scaled back his shot attempts too and everyone is flourishing including. Give the guy some credit. He is in no way hurting the team. He's not prime TP or our best player but he's playing well and has accepted a non-star role. What do you expect out of a 33 year old guard? Most guards are done at that age, not posting extremely efficient seasons.

dabom
01-10-2016, 12:52 AM
If his defense was so shitty and exploitable we wouldn't have by far the best defensive team stats in the NBA. Ofc he isn't as good as Green, Leonard, or Duncan on D'. And those 3 aren't the playmaker Parker is. Fact is, Parker's D' is fine within the scope of this team and he is providing some good play.

If he was truly that shitty we would be playing worse with him on the court. . .yet we aren't. He's scaled back his shot attempts too and everyone is flourishing including. Give the guy some credit. He is in no way hurting the team. He's not prime TP or our best player but he's playing well and has accepted a non-star role. What do you expect out of a 33 year old guard? Most guards are done at that age, not posting extremely efficient seasons.

I'm just saying you aren't using the stats correctly. I like his role as a good role player that defers to Kawhi. No it's not a player fan thing, just a Spurs fan thing.

Kidd K
01-10-2016, 12:55 AM
Defensive Rating
1.Kawhi Leonard (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/leonaka01.html) ▪ SAS92.0
2.Tim Duncan (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/duncati01.html) ▪ SAS92.2
3.Hassan Whiteside (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/whiteha01.html) ▪ MIA92.4
4.Andre Drummond (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/drumman01.html) ▪ DET94.1
5.Pau Gasol (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/gasolpa01.html) ▪ CHI95.8
6.LaMarcus Aldridge (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/aldrila01.html) ▪ SAS96.0
7.Jared Sullinger (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/sullija01.html) ▪ BOS96.1
8.Danny Green (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/greenda02.html) ▪ SAS96.8
9.Ian Mahinmi (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/mahinia01.html) ▪ IND96.9
10.DeAndre Jordan (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jordade01.html) ▪ LAC97.9
11.Patrick Mills (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/millspa02.html) ▪ SAS98.0
12.Nikola Mirotic (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/mirotni01.html) ▪ CHI98.3
13.Draymond Green (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/greendr01.html) ▪ GSW98.4
14.Boris Diaw (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/diawbo01.html) ▪ SAS98.4
15.Paul George (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/georgpa01.html) ▪ IND98.8
16.Kevin Love (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/loveke01.html) ▪ CLE98.9
17.Kelly Olynyk (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/o/olynyke01.html) ▪ BOS98.9
18.Amir Johnson (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/johnsam01.html) ▪ BOS99.0
19.Tony Parker (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/parketo01.html) ▪ SAS99.2
20.LeBron James (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jamesle01.html) ▪ CLE99.3

We don't read this and think Tony is a better defender than Draymond right?

You can harp on one stat all you want. I didn't make an argument that TP was one of the best defenders in the NBA, I said he's posted one of his most efficient seasons. High scoring efficiency, best AST/TO ratio of career, tied for best O and D ratings of career.

dabom
01-10-2016, 12:57 AM
You can harp on one stat all you want. I didn't make an argument that TP was one of the best defenders in the NBA, I said he's posted one of his most efficient seasons. High scoring efficiency, best AST/TO ratio of career, tied for best O and D ratings of career.
There's a lot of factors in comparing past seasons with current seasons is all I'm saying. That other stuff is good though in context.

Kidd K
01-10-2016, 12:57 AM
I'm just saying you aren't using the stats correctly. I like his role as a good role player that defers to Kawhi. No it's not a player fan thing, just a Spurs fan thing.

I "used" the stats just fine; to say he was playing fine, not that he was some godly player. It's a joke to shit on a guy who's putting up solid numbers and playing unselfish ball just because he used to be a better player when he was 3-5 years younger and capable of carrying the team.

dabom
01-10-2016, 12:59 AM
I "used" the stats just fine; to say he was playing fine, not that he was some godly player. It's a joke to shit on a guy who's putting up solid numbers and playing unselfish ball just because he used to be a better player when he was 3-5 years younger and capable of carrying the team.

If you say so. And no one's shitting on tony. We need tony during the regular season. Need him to save Patty's body for the post season.

Hoops Czar
01-10-2016, 01:03 AM
If you say so. And no one's shitting on tony. We need tony during the regular season. Need him to save Patty's body for the post season.

In other words, you're very worried about Manu because without him, Patty is as useless as Nando De Colo was at running the offense.

dabom
01-10-2016, 01:05 AM
In other words, you're very worried about Manu because without him, Patty is as useless as Nando De Colo was at running the offense.

Patty played great last post season without Manu much. Keep saying stupid shit. :lol

dabom
01-10-2016, 01:06 AM
Nando is a joke though. :lmao

Hoops Czar
01-10-2016, 01:08 AM
Patty played great last post season without Manu much. Keep saying stupid shit. :lol

If it was just a one game series, you'd be right.

dabom
01-10-2016, 01:10 AM
If it was just a one game series, you'd be right.

It was 7. :lmao

dabom
01-10-2016, 01:11 AM
Queen james 4th in MVP standings by most sites. I guess he is entering his decline. :lmao

Brazil
01-10-2016, 12:36 PM
You don't see #4 in the passing lane? That means the pass either has to be a lob in which case Calderon and the guard who was already beginning to rotate in the paint can get it or it has to go to Manu which gives time for the rotation. Meanwhile LMA has great post position and a mismatch.

Thank yo though for pointing out how you don't know what the fuck youre seeing when you look at the game.

Agreed

that pass direct to Kawhi would have been terrible and begged to become a TOV or a slow lob letting defense all the time they need to rotate.

kids in there using that as an anti Parker argument are pretty much clueless

lefty
01-10-2016, 12:58 PM

:wow :lmao

dabom
01-10-2016, 02:03 PM
Agreed

that pass direct to Kawhi would have been terrible and begged to become a TOV or a slow lob letting defense all the time they need to rotate.

kids in there using that as an anti Parker argument are pretty much clueless

Please don't say stupid shit. That is an easy fucking pass. People act like they never watch basketball before. :lmao

raybies
01-10-2016, 03:30 PM
I'm not into the whole player fan thing, but if that was Duncan calling for the ball like that, at the same age, he would've got the ball. Just saying. What else does Kawhi have to do to get the ball. He wants the ball. Might not be as effective as one poster has said but he has earned that right to get benefit of the doubt. Lol the guy is second in MVP standings in most sites and he doesn't even have the keys to his own team. Sure it's not Spurs thinking, my only case is that Parker has said it's Kawhis team, but at the end doesn't really look for him. To the poster who said we don't know what we're looking at, he has Langston Galloway on the closeout. Langston Galloway. By the time he gets to the ball that's an easy drive through the lane and if not that than he could easily post him up. No shotblocking presence anywhere. I just don't like the lack of respect if that's the word, cause kawhi busts his ass off every game. He does everything. Hasn't he earned the right to get that ball, when he wants it. It's Kawhis team or LMAs... Bullshit. But I'm happy we're winning. Just would hate for this aspect to be exposed in the playoffs. 5 potential hall of famers of course the pecking order is off. Now that I have "vented" I can go back to supporting the team fully.

dabom
01-10-2016, 03:58 PM
I'm not into the whole player fan thing, but if that was Duncan calling for the ball like that, at the same age, he would've got the ball. Just saying. What else does Kawhi have to do to get the ball. He wants the ball. Might not be as effective as one poster has said but he has earned that right to get benefit of the doubt. Lol the guy is second in MVP standings in most sites and he doesn't even have the keys to his own team. Sure it's not Spurs thinking, my only case is that Parker has said it's Kawhis team, but at the end doesn't really look for him. To the poster who said we don't know what we're looking at, he has Langston Galloway on the closeout. Langston Galloway. By the time he gets to the ball that's an easy drive through the lane and if not that than he could easily post him up. No shotblocking presence anywhere. I just don't like the lack of respect if that's the word, cause kawhi busts his ass off every game. He does everything. Hasn't he earned the right to get that ball, when he wants it. It's Kawhis team or LMAs... Bullshit. But I'm happy we're winning. Just would hate for this aspect to be exposed in the playoffs. 5 potential hall of famers of course the pecking order is off. Now that I have "vented" I can go back to supporting the team fully.

Post of the year this early into the year. :wow

:flag:

dabom
01-10-2016, 04:01 PM
sean elliott "this is the type of mismatch you have all that ball movement for"

01-10-2016, 04:22 PM

Nope, don't see a 50% 3PT shooter out there..let me do a one-two game with Manu and close this shit out..He saw Kawhi and passed it to Manu to get it to him. Manu didn't see Kawhi and passed it back to tony.

YGWHI
01-10-2016, 09:47 PM
He saw Kawhi and passed it to Manu to get it to him. Manu didn't see Kawhi and passed it back to tony.

IMO Parker called it. They have been playing together for many years to know when your teammate wants the ball back instead of the extra pass to other.

ChumpDumper
01-10-2016, 09:58 PM
That is an easy fucking pass.lol

K...
01-10-2016, 10:07 PM
So is easy pass, hard pass the spurs talk blue dress/white dress meme?

Guys from now on, when you talk about that screenshot disclose whether you've seen the play in real time. I've read multiple intelligent people give a play by play and explain the decisions. Then I've seen player fans say "easy pass" I know which sources I believe, do you?

Also kudos to the poster who went "if this were prime Duncan they'd pass it" well yes that's how you play with big men. Prime Duncan played isolation in the post, not fuckibg cross court.

picnroll
01-10-2016, 10:27 PM
He saw Kawhi and passed it to Manu to get it to him. Manu didn't see Kawhi and passed it back to tony.
This was a smart play by Parker.

Aldridge sets a high screen, Parker rubs his man off and gets a switch with Brooks on him.
Parker takes Brooks to the left of the paint while Aldridge goes to the basket pulling Parkers original cover with him and forcing Melo to rotate off Kawhi who's in the corner to help out on Aldridge.
Manu slides up higher on the left wing pulling his man Affalo with him while Kawhi slides up the right wing holding his hands up for the ball.
Parker slides up the wing a bit pulling Brooks further away from the basket and passes to Manu who is now above the circle pulling Affalo to the top of the paint.
Same time Galloway rushes out to cover Kawhi and Aldridge has Melo pinned on his back on the left block still with Brooks on Parker.
Aldridge slides above Melo hooking and pinning him while Parker makes the easy drive past Brooks into a wide open lane for a layup.

Only someone like dumbom can miss that not being the easiest, best play. Parker isolated on Brooks and dumbom wants him to not take advantage of the situation. Good thing Parker, Manu and Aldridge aren't as dumb as the short bus krew.

honestfool84
01-10-2016, 10:29 PM
Omf, this Parker v. Kawhi debate is just exhausting. It literally ruins the entire board. S...T...F...U...

YGWHI
01-10-2016, 10:44 PM
Parker isolated on Brooks

Not sure that 2016-Parker's iso has higher probability than Kawhi attacking the rim against an small defender like Galloway without rim protection.

picnroll
01-10-2016, 10:55 PM
Not sure that 2016-Parker's iso has higher probability than Kawhi attacking the rim against an small defender like Galloway without rim protection.
Watch the replay. It wasn't even close.

ducks
01-10-2016, 11:19 PM
If Leonard was not happy would not have resigned

01-10-2016, 11:26 PM
IMO Parker called it. They have been playing together for many years to know when your teammate wants the ball back instead of the extra pass to other.
Did you watch the game, I remember the possession pretty well. Parker saw Kawhi and passed the ball. Sorry if that doesn't fit your narrative.

Brazil
01-11-2016, 08:46 AM
Please don't say stupid shit. That is an easy fucking pass. People act like they never watch basketball before. :lmao

Funnier ? that or people like you acting like they never played basketball before ?

This is not a fucking easy pass, dat would have been a slow dumb lob pass ready to be intercepted

YGWHI
01-11-2016, 09:25 AM
Watch the replay. It wasn't even close.
Parker was really good, the ball went in the hole...except the last shot. But again, Iso-Parker in more than two possessions in clutch time over Kawhi/LMA mismatches isn't a truly sustainable way

Did you watch the game, I remember the possession pretty well. Parker saw Kawhi and passed the ball. Sorry if that doesn't fit your narrative.
I watched every single Spurs game this season, if miss one watch it the next day on LP, also, I rewatched entire games or quarters, especially the 2nd half in Washington/Houston...I remember the play very well, too.