PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Reasons Why The Media Gave Tim Duncan A Pass His Entire Career

Koolaid_Man
01-09-2016, 12:02 PM
I'm not trying to play the race card so hear me out....Its all about racism tbh...just like when Kobe told Clarkson to stop playing like a light skinned dude and play like a real nigga...same thing conceptually as to why the media gave Duncan a pass..becsuse Duncan represents what they like seeing in a black man....they want black men to make them feel good with passisivity and meek and mildness...they want a house Negro and not a field Negro tbh...Duncan made them comfortable with themselves and didn't represent the rugged nature of the dark skinned darkies....

You may say then why did they love Magic and Michael....they loved them because they had no choice....and they had mild personalities....both likable guys....any time a black man is self assured and strong they feel threatened by it...take Kareem, Kobe, and Zeke... for example...they all told the media to go fuck themselves and the media had hard-ons for them ever since....

Here are more reasons:

Duncan is generally regarded as a nice guy. He never gets in trouble with the law, does bad things. He seems reserved and never outspoken. That's another reason why he gets a free pass.

--He's articulate and sounds white

--He plays basic boring basketball which aspires them to their abilities

--He's meek and mild and submissive to the white man

--He stayed in school and didn't capitalize on early earning potential

-- He smiles and is jovial and all accepting of the media

-- He's never criticised anyone in the media

-- He' trusting of everyone around him

because according to them he plays the game "right"....

Koolaid_Man
01-09-2016, 12:07 PM
-- They acted like the 1st 5th never happened not a peep...
-- Not a peep at going over a decade with Amy having everyone think the world of the Duncan's when Amy got tired of the lie and pulled the rug from underneath
-- Not a mention of losing 26 million dollars becsuse he got fleeced

If those 3 things happened to Kobe it would still be front page news tbh

DPG21920
01-09-2016, 12:27 PM
No replies :lol

Cry Havoc
01-09-2016, 01:07 PM

Koolaid_Man
01-09-2016, 01:40 PM

Is this what I've reduced you too?

Look around the board Deepy..Kool is a hot commodity..

You're short enough deepy don't let me reduce you further

DMX7
01-10-2016, 12:58 AM
pitty post

illusioNtEk
01-10-2016, 01:17 AM
Couldn't read the whole thing man... just stick with a few liners bruh

Mitch
01-10-2016, 01:19 AM
:lol

Biernutz
01-10-2016, 01:42 AM
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/systime/kobe/repost%206_zpssmcyz4b1.gif

AlexJones
01-10-2016, 07:25 AM
Duncan is generally regarded as a nice guy. He never gets in trouble with the law, does bad things. He seems reserved and never outspoken. That's another reason why he gets a free pass.

--He's articulate and sounds white
Actually by being reserved, Duncan's the anti-coon and anyone can respect that.

pookenstein
01-10-2016, 10:03 AM
Is this what I've reduced you too?

Look around the board Deepy..Kool is a hot commodity..

You're short enough deepy don't let me reduce you further

More like what you've reduced yourself to.
Similar to your Idol you have lost your mojo a long time ago and now try to pad your stats volume posting (making thread after thread after thread, throwing shit at a wall, hoping anything sticks).

Mitch
01-10-2016, 11:14 AM
More like what you've reduced yourself to.
Similar to your Idol you have lost your mojo a long time ago and now try to pad your stats volume posting (making thread after thread after thread, throwing shit at a wall, hoping anything sticks).

That was a gas, jew really know how to say the reich things.

pookenstein
01-10-2016, 11:39 AM
Oh noes, Mitch tries to provoke me. May it work? Stay tuned.

daslicer
01-10-2016, 12:18 PM
Op must be suffering from dementia considering Duncan got hated on by the media for the first 8 years of his career simply because of his reserved personality. It was the media who called him a fluke champion after the '99 championship and went along with the asterisk crap Phil Jackson spewed. It was media who wined and bitch and discredited Duncan's 2 regular season MVPs by saying the runner up's in Kidd and KG deserved it more much like they discredited Curry's MVP last year. It was the media that said after '03 Duncan couldn't win without Robinson and didn't have leadership skills. The media didn't give Duncan respect until he won this third title in '05 while they were on Kobe's dick up until the the rape in '04. Until big analytics took off in the last few years Kobe has always had it easier with the media than Duncan.

Thread
01-10-2016, 12:19 PM
Op must be suffering from dementia considering Duncan got hated on by the media for the first 8 years of his career simply because of his reserved personality. It was the media who called him a fluke champion after the '99 championship and went along with the asterisk crap Phil Jackson spewed. It was media who wined and bitch and discredited Duncan's 2 regular season MVPs by saying the runner up's in Kidd and KG deserved it more much like they discredited Curry's MVP last year. It was the media that said after '03 Duncan couldn't win without Robinson and didn't have leadership skills. The media didn't give Duncan respect until he won this third title in '05 while they were on Kobe's dick up until the the rape in '04. Until big analytics took off in the last few years Kobe has always had it easier with the media than Duncan.

You've nary room, slice, your Neal raped as well.

Koolaid_Man
01-10-2016, 12:38 PM

You're either a crack head or retarded but either way You're CLEARLY delusional if you think the media EVER hated Duncan....:lmao

Thread
01-10-2016, 12:39 PM
You're either a crack head or retarded but either way You're CLEARLY delusional if you think the media EVER hated Duncan....:lmao

I have to admit Kool, I vaguely remember some of that list that slice has put down. It was a different NBA. A different Media.

Koolaid_Man
01-10-2016, 12:43 PM
I have to admit Kool, I vaguely remember some of that list that slice has put down. It was a different NBA. A different Media.

You can do no wrong..even when you call me Koonmaid :lol

But I need proof... No one from mainstream ever deposed him..he's been their guy since the beginning.....

Thread
01-10-2016, 12:48 PM
You can do no wrong..even when you call me Koonmaid :lol

But I need proof... No one from mainstream ever deposed him..he's been their guy since the beginning.....

Like I said, the memory is vague and slice activated it. And if he hadn't mentioned the rape I'd of cited him on the spot.

daslicer
01-10-2016, 02:47 PM

Again you suffer from dementia since anybody who grew up during the 90's can tell you the media was on Kobe's dick since day 1. The media had a hard on for Kobe the moment he was rookie mainly because they were hoping he could be the heir apparent to MJ. Part of the reason I hated Kobe was because NBC and the media would constantly push him 24/7 before he was even a legit star. NBC would have stupid halftime specials about Kobe and say "You need to like Kobe because he speaks Italian and he's a good kid" or my personal favorite "Oh my god this kid is better at picking his nose at age 19 then MJ was at his age." Duncan received a lot of hate from the media simply because he was a great 7fter who had no resemblance to Jordan along with not having a marketable personality. In other words Duncan was the Anti-Jordan the complete opposite of an iconic figure in MJ who the media loved. That narrative about "Duncan is boring" originated mainly because Duncan was the best player in the league in '99 after Jordan had retired thus there was an abnormal resentment by media towards Duncan since he wasn't MJ. Naturally the media gravitated towards Kobe because Kobe was a wannabe Jordan. Kobe never went through any adversity with media other then the Colorado situation whereas Duncan didn't get respect until he won his third title in '05. Duncan's respect was hard earned while Kobe's respect was given. I feel now the respect Duncan is given by the media at the end of his career is what he should have gotten at the start of his career and the disrespect Kobe gets now from the media is the type of disrespect he should have gotten from day 1.

DarrinS
01-10-2016, 02:58 PM
OP is retarded. Wait, that's an insult to retards.

ezau
01-11-2016, 12:45 AM
Again you suffer from dementia since anybody who grew up during the 90's can tell you the media was on Kobe's dick since day 1. The media had a hard on for Kobe the moment he was rookie mainly because they were hoping he could be the heir apparent to MJ. Part of the reason I hated Kobe was because NBC and the media would constantly push him 24/7 before he was even a legit star. NBC would have stupid halftime specials about Kobe and say "You need to like Kobe because he speaks Italian and he's a good kid" or my personal favorite "Oh my god this kid is better at picking his nose at age 19 then MJ was at his age." Duncan received a lot of hate from the media simply because he was a great 7fter who had no resemblance to Jordan along with not having a marketable personality. In other words Duncan was the Anti-Jordan the complete opposite of an iconic figure in MJ who the media loved. That narrative about "Duncan is boring" originated mainly because Duncan was the best player in the league in '99 after Jordan had retired thus there was an abnormal resentment by media towards Duncan since he wasn't MJ. Naturally the media gravitated towards Kobe because Kobe was a wannabe Jordan. Kobe never went through any adversity with media other then the Colorado situation whereas Duncan didn't get respect until he won his third title in '05. Duncan's respect was hard earned while Kobe's respect was given. I feel now the respect Duncan is given by the media at the end of his career is what he should have gotten at the start of his career and the disrespect Kobe gets now from the media is the type of disrespect he should have gotten from day 1.

Good point. The media didn't know where to put Duncan because:

1. He is a 7-footer who played the game right.
2. He is articulate, smart, and educated.
3. He is a great teammate unlike DK who constantly throws teammates under the bus.
4. He has zero drama.

The media didn't know what do with a personality like Duncan, but tbh, they were already calling him the greatest PF since 2003. They got that one right.

Thread
01-11-2016, 01:31 AM

3. He is a great teammate unlike DK who constantly throws teammates under the bus.
4. He has zero drama.

The media didn't know what do with a personality like Duncan, but tbh, they were already calling him the greatest PF since 2003. They got that one right.

ha.

ezau
01-11-2016, 01:39 AM
ha.

Rape--Nope
Throwing teammates under the bus--Nope

Duncan is a more likeable version of Kareem. Both are very intelligent individuals, but Kareem had misfortune of growing up in an era when black men were supposed to be meek and submissive.

Reck
01-11-2016, 01:42 AM
ha.

You know damn well drama that's brought up on yourself is not your drama.

Sometimes I think you're just in it for the jollies, Thread. You're a smart old man.

daslicer
01-11-2016, 02:17 AM

4. He has zero drama.

That is true but even after Duncan had won in '03 they still found ways to discredit his greatness. I still remember the bs the media would spew about how Duncan would never be able to win another title without David Robinson. They pushed that narrative very hard in the '05 playoffs. I felt after '05 they pretty much stop questioning Duncan's greatness and changed the narrative to the spurs are old.

Kawhitstorm
01-11-2016, 02:59 AM
The media hate the Spurs & the lack of access b/c of the Iron Curtain that PATFO have built. There was a reporter talking shyt about Kawhi during the Team USA camp b/c he told him he "didn't do interviews". The media tried it's hardest to discredit the Spurs & Tim while propping up Kobrick/Lackers but the narrative quickly changed after 2014 b/c the only thing they were clinging onto was 5>4. Kobestans such as Kool have literally gone insane & haven't recovered since June, 2014. :lol

Tim isn't out there kissing up to reporters like Kobrick the past 2 season after he put on an act as if he hated every reporter throughout his career when he had favorites that he used spill his bean to & gossip.:lol

Reck
01-11-2016, 03:12 AM
The media hate the Spurs & the lack of access b/c of the Iron Curtain that PATFO have built. There was a reporter talking shyt about Kawhi during the Team USA camp b/c he told him he "didn't do interviews". The media tried it's hardest to discredit the Spurs & Tim while propping up Kobrick/Lackers but the narrative quickly changed after 2014 b/c the only thing they were clinging onto was 5>4. Kobestans such as Kool have literally gone insane & haven't recovered since June, 2014. :lol

Tim isn't out there kissing up to reporters like Kobrick the past 2 season after he put on an act as if he hated every reporter throughout his career when he had favorites that he used spill his bean to & gossip.:lol

It compounds the problem for the media when Tim isn't being a hindrance to the team at this stage in the game and age. :lol

You cant say anything bad when you've been nothing but excellent for the past 19 years.

Now, the media will destroy you if you become what Kobe has become. A laughing stock.

His decline was sudden and sharp. They will laugh you off to retirement which is what's happening.

ezau
01-11-2016, 03:19 AM
That is true but even after Duncan had won in '03 they still found ways to discredit his greatness. I still remember the bs the media would spew about how Duncan would never be able to win another title without David Robinson. They pushed that narrative very hard in the '05 playoffs. I felt after '05 they pretty much stop questioning Duncan's greatness and changed the narrative to the spurs are old.

Spurs are old and boring have been the narrative since 2008 :lol The media also don't know how to handle this late-era resurgence of this group. The Duncan era is supposed to be dead by 2011 when they lost against Memphis. 5 years later, this team has the second-best record in the league and is poised to make another deep playoff run. Just remarkable how this Popovich-Buford-Duncan machinery has done since '97.

Joseph Kony
01-11-2016, 03:24 AM
That was a gas, jew really know how to say the reich things.
:lmao

ezau
01-11-2016, 03:40 AM
Kobestans such as Kool have literally gone insane & haven't recovered since June, 2014. :lol

This. When Tim gets his 6th, Laker fans would go into mass-suicide mode like lemmings in a cliff.

ezau
01-11-2016, 03:43 AM
It compounds the problem for the media when Tim isn't being a hindrance to the team at this stage in the game and age. :lol

You cant say anything bad when you've been nothing but excellent for the past 19 years.

Now, the media will destroy you if you become what Kobe has become. A laughing stock.

His decline was sudden and sharp. They will laugh you off to retirement which is what's happening.

The media are all about sensationalism. They hate consistency, grace, and quiet leadership because you can't sell those ideas to general public.

Kidd K
01-11-2016, 04:07 AM
This. When Tim gets his 6th, Laker fans would go into mass-suicide mode like lemmings in a cliff.

Nah. They'll just harp on "repeats" and other weak arguments to try and diminish it. They will be deluded forever. Duncan was better than Kobe with ring #4. Duncan does not even need his 5th or to get a 6th to be considered the better player. Kobe is notably worse. No one in their right mind would take him over Tim Duncan unless they are actually retarded.

Thread
01-11-2016, 07:33 AM

Not I:::I'm gonna slap an (*) on that 6th.

The only way you're walkin' away from that 2nd 5th is over my dead body.

DMC
01-11-2016, 08:18 AM
The media are all about sensationalism. They hate consistency, grace, and quiet leadership because you can't sell those ideas to general public.

No one clicks ESPN.com to read about another year of stoic leadership and steadfast consistency. I mean, how often do you listen to the Spurs' post game interviews? They are carbon copy. Pop is always short and crass for no apparent reason, Tim rarely interviews now, Manu talks for 30 minutes and Kawhi mumbles about the same few coached lines over and over.

What's apparent though is that the OP was ethered by his own master itt IIRC imo.

Thread
01-11-2016, 08:35 AM

Though when Amy outed Tim they ran like the wind from it.

Silver&Black
01-11-2016, 08:40 AM
Though when Amy outed Tim they ran like the wind from it.

Kinda like how you ran from the Lakers 1-8 start to the season...

Thread
01-11-2016, 08:43 AM
Kinda like how you ran from the Lakers 1-8 start to the season...

You ain't Champ. You're 1 of 29, just like me.

Silver&Black
01-11-2016, 09:01 AM

I was being generous. I said, "1-8 start to the season". No fucking way you made it 9 games into the season...you were gone after like 3-4 games IIRC.

"Take it like a trouper" & "ran like the wind"..........look in the mirror Bale. You could learn a thing or two from your own posts.

ezau
01-11-2016, 10:30 AM
No one clicks ESPN.com to read about another year of stoic leadership and steadfast consistency. I mean, how often do you listen to the Spurs' post game interviews? They are carbon copy. Pop is always short and crass for no apparent reason, Tim rarely interviews now, Manu talks for 30 minutes and Kawhi mumbles about the same few coached lines over and over.

What's apparent though is that the OP was ethered by his own master itt IIRC imo.

Getting ethered on a daily basis is something that's not new to the OP.

Thread
01-11-2016, 12:13 PM
I was being generous. I said, "1-8 start to the season". No fucking way you made it 9 games into the season...you were gone after like 3-4 games IIRC.

"Take it like a trouper" & "ran like the wind"..........look in the mirror Bale. You could learn a thing or two from your own posts.

DarrinS
01-11-2016, 12:27 PM
KirbyFan is extremely jealous of Tim. :lmao

Thread
01-11-2016, 12:36 PM
KirbyFan is extremely jealous of Tim. :lmao

Nothing to be jealous of. He's a puppet with Pop's white hand up his black butthole. He let his wife break him in the middle of the '13 Finals, costing him his 1st 5th. He lost $25 million on fuckin' Thunderbird wine. His kids are tossed to the winds and have to watch a parade of men try to get into mom's underpants, then go to dad's place and watch a parade of men try to get into dad's underpants.

DarrinS
01-11-2016, 01:11 PM
Nothing to be jealous of. He's a puppet with Pop's white hand up his black butthole. He let his wife break him in the middle of the '13 Finals, costing him his 1st 5th. He lost $25 million on fuckin' Thunderbird wine. His kids are tossed to the winds and have to watch a parade of men try to get into mom's underpants, then go to dad's place and watch a parade of men try to get into dad's underpants.

Kobe is a scrub. Sorry bro.

DarrinS
01-11-2016, 01:15 PM
Meanwhile

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/DRPM

Thread
01-11-2016, 01:22 PM
Kobe is a scrub. Sorry bro.

:rolleyes

Silver&Black
01-11-2016, 01:58 PM

Keep repeating the same old tired shtick Bale. I Swear to Jehovah....I wish your old dried up ass would just retire to the reading room. Now tell me I'm not champ....1 of 29....blah blah fuckin' blah. It's well documented that you quit on your team Bale....you have 0 fucking clout/pull around here after pulling that shit.

Just go away...forever.....please.

Thread
01-11-2016, 02:19 PM
Keep repeating the same old tired shtick Bale. I Swear to Jehovah....I wish your old dried up ass would just retire to the reading room. Now tell me I'm not champ....1 of 29....blah blah fuckin' blah. It's well documented that you quit on your team Bale....you have 0 fucking clout/pull around here after pulling that shit.

Just go away...forever.....please.

Yeah, right. I was your favorite, we had a fine, satisfying relationship and you piss it away for some fucking reason to which I have no earthly idea why. What the fuck is wrong with you, &? What the fuck did I do, seriously?

DMC
01-11-2016, 06:35 PM

Yeah but you're here at Spurstalk.com for years lamenting over Tim's every move. You're not following Amar'e around.

Tim has a 3 room flat in your brain, and it's gratis.