01-09-2016, 06:39 PM
16-8 when he plays 6-7 when he does not

Kawhitstorm
01-09-2016, 07:28 PM
16-8 when he plays 6-7 when he does not

So he's better than Walter Tavares:lol

daslicer
01-09-2016, 07:44 PM
LMA is definitely an upgrade over Splitter but I will never hate on Splitter despite being injury prone. Splitter played a huge rule in the spurs resurgence from '11-'14. It doesn't shock me the Hawks are a better team when he plays because he is a huge intangible type of player.

Mnky
01-09-2016, 08:18 PM
I liked splitter, but more as a bench/situational player. If his Injury history wasn't Common, that would be a definitive positive addition to the team. You also have to count those 13 games he wasn't there to a degree, against him as well on the overall.

Strategic
01-09-2016, 08:31 PM
So he's missing 1/3 of Hawks games.

ezau
01-09-2016, 10:29 PM
Splitter is a more mobile but more injury-prone version of Andrew Bogut.

lilbthebasedgod
01-09-2016, 10:35 PM
He's been playing limited minutes, you're definitely extrapolating outside what would be considered reasonable boundaries

testies
01-10-2016, 02:01 AM
That is the impact of the best defensive white player of all time.

Oh, where's tholdren at? FUcking mouthbreather

Chris
01-10-2016, 02:36 AM
Injured as usual. Wonder if he still passes up wide open layups with his back to the basket. Soft as Charmin Shitter is, and we waited years for him. Thank God we got Boban after losing Baynes.

Blue Duck
01-10-2016, 02:41 AM
I liked the guy. Thought he was a good spur.

mingus
01-10-2016, 02:44 AM

Bogut is the poster boy for injured bigs. And Splitter's superior mobility, along with Boguts superior back-the-basket game, makes it a bad comparison. I don't find them to be that similar.

Chris
01-10-2016, 02:47 AM
Bud did us a solid taking him off the books so we could acquire LMA and West. Never forget Based Budenholzer :worthy:

tmtcsc
01-10-2016, 04:31 AM
Wrong forum.

Robz4000
01-10-2016, 04:48 AM
:cry Golden God

SpursIndonesia
01-10-2016, 06:13 AM
He has been reduced into a garbage big by the Hawks this season, their guards/wings won't play PnR with him, just using him as screener -and he is still very solid in that aspect of the game.

BillMc
01-10-2016, 09:39 AM
Wouldn't mind Tiago back someday at the right price.

cd021
01-10-2016, 10:57 AM

Boguts ,actually, moves pretty well for someone his size. That plus his freakish arms (and skill) makes him a great defensive player and a solid offensive one. Both have been injury prone but Bogut has had more of an injury history. Nene is at the top of that list.

cd021
01-10-2016, 11:00 AM
Wouldn't mind Tiago back someday at the right price.

I always though he was better as backup center, especially if he could be paired with Mills, Manu, Green/Leonard, & Diaw. He was an above average starting center but i think he have been even better in S.A, as a backup big.

SpursFan86
01-10-2016, 11:01 AM
Tiago is a great player when he's at 100%. Unfortunately that's a rarity, and with a team that already starts a near 40 year-old center, it's pretty important that the other rim protector on the team is reliable.

jag
01-10-2016, 11:37 AM
:cry Golden God

:cry

DrSteffo
01-10-2016, 01:25 PM
He is still very good. No surprises.

Sean Cagney
01-10-2016, 01:51 PM
He is still very good. No surprises.

Yes, if he can play and get minutes he is but that is rare like someone said. He has not gotten many mins at all in ATL yet.

SAGirl
01-10-2016, 02:25 PM
He has been reduced into a garbage big by the Hawks this season, their guards/wings won't play PnR with him, just using him as screener -and he is still very solid in that aspect of the game.
That is a shame. I liked him. The PnR opened up shots for perimeter players too and Splitter was a good passer. The knock on him is his health but he's a nice roleplayer. Too bad for the Hawks if they are not using him well the games he's available. They are underachieving and could use to get more out of the guys they have.

SpursIndonesia
01-11-2016, 03:33 AM
That is a shame. I liked him. The PnR opened up shots for perimeter players too and Splitter was a good passer. The knock on him is his health but he's a nice roleplayer. Too bad for the Hawks if they are not using him well the games he's available. They are underachieving and could use to get more out of the guys they have.

In about 5-6 Hawks's game that i've watched so far this season, he simply doesn't have much chemistry with that team guards. Teague won't play PnR with him -Mike Scott gets more opportunities, Schroeder sometime does, but he is more ISO oriented PG in the first place. I think those 'Fro guards see Splitter lack of athleticism & sissy reverse layup and thinking he's not gonna be a dangerous PnR partner or something.

Weird that coach Bud doesn't try to involve him more, but i think his nagging injuries has slow his integration with the team & Splitter needs some sort of mental connection/personal interaction like what he used to have with Manu over here. From all of the Hawks problem this season over their starting line up players regression, Splitter lack of offense is just far from the top of the priority list at the moment.

ceperez
01-11-2016, 08:53 AM

I had high hopes, thought he was supposed to be a bigger version of Luis Scola.

Turns out that he was just a bigger version of Fab Oberto. Well, we almost won two championships with him onboard.

SpursIndonesia
01-11-2016, 10:30 AM
I had high hopes, thought he was supposed to be a bigger version of Luis Scola.

Turns out that he was just a bigger version of Fab Oberto. Well, we almost won two championships with him onboard.

Yeah it's kinda disappointing that he was never been able to develop a consistent outside jumper as a Spur, word is he was a decent outside shooter back in Europe. Might have never been able to adapt his shooting mechanics & timing against bigger, longer, and more athletic competition in NBA that the coaches never trusted him using that particular offensive skill of his.

Gagnrath
01-11-2016, 11:00 AM
I don't like the Oberto comparison to splitter really Oberto wasn't as mobile but he had a fairly reliable 10 to 12 foot jumper and went up strong around the rim, though often to lay the ball in.

Oberto came into the league fairly developed at 31 and didn't get acclimated for a year. He was looking good for a moderately unathletic middle aged Euro big when his heart started to give out on him and Doctors started regularly holding him out of games when he wanted to play.

Splitter wasn't/shouldn't be considered developed coming into the league at 25, but he really didn't add anything else to his game while in the nba. Most of his injury time has also been of the sort that many players miss a game or are limited in minutes but work through holding him out for a week or more. I think that he wants to compete he just doesn't seem to be able to ignore the bumps and bruises that come with a season of sports.

philldafunk
01-11-2016, 12:14 PM
I do not miss watching him stand under the basket, and attempting some stupid looking reverse layup and missing every time. i

DarrinS
01-11-2016, 12:37 PM
I wish we could have afforded to keep him. Oh well.

TheDoctor
01-11-2016, 12:39 PM
Thank you Tiago.

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/115/files/2013/06/LeBronBlocksSplitterBackboard.gif

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-11-2016, 04:06 PM
I'm a Tiago fan, but his injuries prevent any sort of team continuity and momentum building. Perhaps you should compare the Hawks record last year to this one to measure his overall impact.