PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Tim Duncan Influenced By Laker Greats : Magic, Kareem and Wilt

Koolaid_Man
01-10-2016, 09:38 AM
:lol
Q& A with Tim Duncan:

Who Is your favorite basketball player?

http://www.slamduncan.com/images/spacer.gif

Magic Johnson. I loved watching him play as a kid.

If you could play one on one with any player (past or present), Who would it be?

Kareem Abdul-Jabber in his prime or Wilt Chamberlain.

Laker greats all in his head...so let's see..

1.) influenced by Magic ( how ironic ) :lmao
2.) wants to play Kareem and Wilt as his dream
3.) dominated by Kobe head to head (4-2)

http://www.slamduncan.com/news-21questions.php

K...
01-10-2016, 09:59 AM
HISTORY

Buddy Mignon
01-10-2016, 10:16 AM
I bet you one of these cock suckers from this board asked him those questions.

scanry
01-10-2016, 11:06 AM
I believe Tim had a poster of Magic while growing up. Nothing wrong with being influenced by the Greatest Laker tbh.

ambchang
01-10-2016, 11:21 AM
Magic is my favourite non laker of all time.

I enjoy watching basketball players who can work within a team construct.

Thread
01-10-2016, 11:30 AM

Him "Fred Flintstoning" Westhead withstanding.

tee, hee.

ambchang
01-10-2016, 11:37 AM
Him "Fred Flintstoning" Westhead withstanding.

tee, hee.

Westhead was almost getting fired one way or another without magic pouring his heart out anyways.

DMC
01-10-2016, 12:16 PM
Q& A with Tim Duncan:

Who Is your favorite basketball player?

Magic Johnson. I loved watching him play as a kid.

If you could play one on one with any player (past or present), Who would it be?

Kareem Abdul-Jabber in his prime or Wilt Chamberlain.

Laker greats all in his head...so let's see..

1.) influenced by Magic ( how ironic ) :lmao
2.) wants to play Kareem and Wilt as his dream
3.) dominated by Kobe head to head (4-2)

http://www.slamduncan.com/news-21questions.php

Remember when people looked up to the Lakers? Those were the days.

You could do worse than wanting to be like Wilt or Kareem as a player. There's a reason the Lakers have 16.

Thread
01-10-2016, 12:17 PM
Remember when people looked up to the Lakers? Those were the days.

Bend over, D. I'll show you Those were the fuckin' days.

DMC
01-10-2016, 12:19 PM
I bet you one of these cock suckers from this board asked him those questions.
Remember when you made fun of Tim's D&D fetish before you were outed as a Naruto lover?

DMC
01-10-2016, 12:19 PM

You're awful spry today. Did you get a semi-fluff this morning that inspired you? Like Kobe, did you think you were coming back to form?

Thread
01-10-2016, 12:20 PM
You're awful spry today. Did you get a semi-fluff this morning that inspired you? Like Kobe, did you think you were coming back to form?

Bingo!!!

Koolaid_Man
01-10-2016, 12:24 PM

:lmao for some reason that gave me a good chuckle

Koolaid_Man
01-10-2016, 12:26 PM

https://youtube/0d8FTPv955I

lefty
01-10-2016, 12:27 PM

Non laker?

ambchang
01-10-2016, 12:50 PM
Non laker?

Sorry. Non spur.

Lakers are my second favourite team. They were great in the 80s.

Buddy Mignon
01-10-2016, 12:55 PM
Westhead was almost getting fired one way or another without magic pouring his heart out anyways.

After winning a title? You niggas will make up anything.

Killakobe81
01-10-2016, 01:20 PM
I believe Tim had a poster of Magic while growing up. Nothing wrong with being influenced by the Greatest Laker tbh.

I agree and you can tell by the way Tim plays ...and leads.
Kobe idolized Jordan and leads in a similar way ...asshole style.
Its like Kobe/MJ only got through one section if Blanchards Situational Leadership ...they only know one way to lead dgaf about the rest. That is,why they cantwin shit without phil despite being great.

Tim never had to win without Pop you think he could gave win under two coaches like Magic did but we will never know.

Koolaid_Man
01-10-2016, 01:24 PM
I agree and you can tell by the way Tim plays ...and leads.
Kobe idolized Jordan and leads in a similar way ...asshole style.
Its like Kobe/MJ only got through one section if Blanchards Situational Leadership ...they only know one way to lead dgaf about the rest. That is,why they cantwin shit without phil despite being great.

Tim never had to win without Pop you think he could gave win under two coaches like Magic did but we will never know.

I'm gonna let you fix this glaring mistake yourself....on second thought...yes MJ and Kobe both won without Phil whereas Tammy did not..you figure this one out :lol

lefty
01-10-2016, 01:24 PM
Sorry. Non spur.

Too stacked tbh

Arcadian
01-10-2016, 01:26 PM
And he's arguably surpassed them all. What a legend.

Duncan > Magic
Duncan = Kareem
Duncan > Wilt

...and, obviously, Duncan >>>>>>>>>>> Kirbs

MultiTroll
01-10-2016, 01:38 PM
I almost enjoy Koon Wiggas threads. Just give him a little slack, it always backfires on him.

Thread
01-10-2016, 01:40 PM

Duncan > Magic
Duncan = Kareem
Duncan > Wilt

That 2nd 5th & his wife outing him are stains.

Arcadian
01-10-2016, 01:43 PM
That 2nd 5th & his wife outing him are stains.

If those are his worst stains, he's in much better standing than Kirby!

ambchang
01-10-2016, 01:56 PM
After winning a title? You niggas will make up anything.

Running mckinney's system. He lost in the first round his full year.

Please, stick to Naruto, don't argue basketball with anyone, you really suck.

ambchang
01-10-2016, 01:58 PM
Too stacked tbh

Yeah. They were stacked. And also with the league taking care of Houston for the, they were unstoppable.

daslicer
01-10-2016, 02:22 PM
Not surprising Duncan was a Laker fan growing up since the Lakers were the team of the 80's.

Thread
01-10-2016, 02:28 PM
If those are his worst stains, he's in much better standing than Kirby!

I think you're full of shit there.

ambchang
01-10-2016, 03:07 PM
I think you're full of shit there.

Almost full.

Arcadian
01-10-2016, 03:50 PM
Almost full.

More like "almost empty." 2013 helps Duncan's legacy, not hurts it, considering he was the best player on a team that came within 30 seconds of a championship at 37 years of age.

And the wife thing is completely irrelevant to the discussion.

pookenstein
01-10-2016, 04:01 PM

I have to disagree here. Considering who you are discussing with it's not irrelevant, because it's the only go to move they have.

Arcadian
01-10-2016, 04:07 PM
I have to disagree here. Considering who you are discussing with it's not irrelevant, because it's the only go to move they have.

He thinks it's relevant. That doesn't make it so.

Thread
01-10-2016, 04:09 PM
More like "almost empty." 2013 helps Duncan's legacy, not hurts it, considering he was the best player on a team that came within 30 seconds of a championship at 37 years of age.

helps LMAO!!!

---------

You didn't come within it. You won it. That game was over. Over-over. That's how you ended up with a 2nd 5th.

---------

& Tim's wife outed his homosexual ass. Media turned around and let it go. [We] have no such intention.

Arcadian
01-10-2016, 04:15 PM
helps LMAO!!!

---------

You didn't come within it. You won it. That game was over. Over-over. That's how you ended up with a 2nd 5th.

---------

& Tim's wife outed his homosexual ass. Media turned around and let it go. [We] have no such intention.

Good, even better. I agree, we won that shit. My point still stands.

And :lol holding that against Tim. All that means is that Amy is a first-class bitch. There's nothing to "let go." There are only straws for you to grasp at, and you're an expert at straw-grasping.

And I have no intention of letting THAT go, bitch.

Thread
01-10-2016, 04:22 PM

And :lol holding that against Tim. All that means is that Amy is a first-class bitch. There's nothing to "let go." There are only straws for you to grasp at, and you're an expert at straw-grasping.

Yes, I called it at the time, she was a cold hearted bitch, an animal. They had a deal. And she reneged. But, even then he had the opportunity to along and grant her departure from the deal. What'd he do instead? He got belligerent and intractable and left her to her own devices, and she rated him out.

It cost him everything...his autonomy, his self respect, his reputation, an NBA Title, his cloak of unanimity for his gay proclivity. That is on him. She'd lied and broke the sacred codicil of their union. WTF did he think she was going to do when he denied her her freedom? Reconsider? No. it was a monumental mistake by Tim Duncan, and he's paid for it.

Thread
01-10-2016, 04:24 PM

Damn right. It was me who drove the stake into the ground and called your people.

Me.

Koolaid_Man
01-10-2016, 04:25 PM
Yes, I called it at the time, she was a cold hearted bitch, an animal. They had a deal. And she reneged. But, even then he had the opportunity to along and grant her departure from the deal. What'd he do instead? He got belligerent and intractable and left her to her own devices, and she rated him out.

It cost him everything...his autonomy, his self respect, his reputation, an NBA Title, his cloak of unanimity for his gay proclivity. That is on him. She'd lied and broke the sacred codicil of their union. WTF did he think she was going to do when he denied her her freedom? Reconsider? No. it was a monumental mistake by Tim Duncan, and he's paid for it.

I wish I could articulate myself as well as you....I'm jealous.....its a thing of beauty...I'm tired of the gangsta style....:lmao I need to go back to school and get an education....:lmao

Thread
01-10-2016, 04:28 PM
I wish I could articulate myself as well as you....I'm jealous.....its a thing of beauty...I'm tired of the gangsta style....:lmao I need to go back to school and get an education....:lmao

Kind words, Kool. Thank ya kindly.

Koolaid_Man
01-10-2016, 04:28 PM

I would have never thought to use words like intractable, autonomy, unanimity, proclivity, and codicil...they teach you white guys well....:lol

Killakobe81
01-10-2016, 04:53 PM

Duncan > Magic
Duncan = Kareem
Duncan > Wilt

Lol no way he is equal to or greater than magic or Karerm stop smoking dat shit

Obstructed_View
01-10-2016, 05:24 PM
The Kobe coat-tailing knows has no boundaries, and knows no shame!

ambchang
01-10-2016, 05:44 PM
helps LMAO!!!

---------

---------

Wasn't the game almost over? Not over over.

Thread
01-10-2016, 06:24 PM
Wasn't the game almost over? Not over over.

It was over-over.

DMC
01-10-2016, 06:24 PM

You need to get out of the house more. Those cheap romance novels are fucking your mind up.

ambchang
01-10-2016, 06:32 PM
It was over-over.

But they did almost win, did they?

Reck
01-10-2016, 07:52 PM
Key words here are "When I was a kid watching."

Before the AIDS and the coming out.

lefty
01-10-2016, 08:01 PM
Yeah. They were stacked. And also with the league taking care of Houston for the, they were unstoppable.
Too bad that Rocks team was short lived

Lakers's kryptonite tbh

Thread
01-10-2016, 08:10 PM
But they did almost win, did they?

No, you did win. That's how you ended up with a 2nd 5th.

K...
01-10-2016, 08:17 PM

legit q......Why the second fifth and not the 6th 5th. Also why not the 2nd 4rth. The first 4rth is the most traumatic of the spurs fans exp.

HemisfairArena
01-10-2016, 08:24 PM
Magic and Kareem are top 5 of all time,,,its to bad laker fan cant be as unbiased and see Duncan is as well,,,,

midnightpulp
01-10-2016, 09:12 PM
No troll material here, Kool.

Spurfan typically respects Magic and Kareem.

Kawhitstorm
01-10-2016, 09:18 PM
I'm gonna let you fix this glaring mistake yourself....on second thought...yes MJ and Kobe both won without Phil whereas Tammy did not..you figure this one out :lol

Kobe & Jorn both missed the playoff without Phil plus Pop NEVER won a playoff series without Tim.....actually he was in the lotto before Tammy arrived.:lol

"When he doesn't think he can, he'll stop. It might be in the middle of a game. I can see him walking of the court saying 'Nah, I'm not pulling my weight anymore, I'm gone.' And he'll walk. And I'll be right behind him, like this. No pride, no nothing."-Pop

daslicer
01-10-2016, 09:22 PM
Kobe & Jorn both missed the playoff without Phil plus Pop NEVER won a playoff series without Tim.:lol

Pretty much and Pop was a mediocre coach when Tim first arrived. What people don't know if it wasn't for Tim, Pop would have been fired after the Spurs 6-8 start during the lockout season in '99. Duncan was the guy who went to management and told them not to fire Pop. Pop became a great coach over time but he wasn't great at the beginning.

Ice009
01-10-2016, 09:31 PM

Yeah, I do not understand that at all. Tim was basically the finals MVP. He put the team in position to win it all and his teammates choked while he had to watch it from the bench cause that f#c#wit Pop decided to bench him not once, but twice. As far as I am concerned, Tim put himself in the top 5 players of all time in 2013 and then cemented himself there in 2014.

HemisfairArena
01-10-2016, 09:36 PM
Yeah, I do not understand that at all. Tim was basically the finals MVP. He put the team in position to win it all and his teammates choked while he had to watch it from the bench cause that f#c#wit Pop decided to bench him not once, but twice. As far as I am concerned, Tim put himself in the top 5 players of all time in 2013 and then cemented himself there in 2014.

Been sayin' this about Popobitch,,,he is wayyyy overrated,,,

Thread
01-10-2016, 10:41 PM
Kobe & Jorn both missed the playoff without Phil plus Pop NEVER won a playoff series without Tim.....actually he was in the lotto before Tammy arrived.:lol

"When he doesn't think he can, he'll stop. It might be in the middle of a game. I can see him walking of the court saying 'Nah, I'm not pulling my weight anymore, I'm gone.' And he'll walk. And I'll be right behind him, like this. No pride, no nothing."-Pop

& it's chickenshit and it's common.

Thread
01-10-2016, 10:51 PM
legit q......Why the second fifth and not the 6th 5th. Also why not the 2nd 4rth. The first 4rth is the most traumatic of the spurs fans exp.

Your 1st 5th was in the fucking case, K. They were selling your shit on the TV, stringing your ropes for the trophy presentation. It was over. Over-over. Go back and look at any video from your arena there in San Antonio.

You're gonna have to live with this. You got nary other choice. Christ, so what, it's part of your history, it's who you are. It's right in there with the rings, and all your other ups & downs. You're fine.

HemisfairArena
01-10-2016, 10:58 PM
Its all semantics,,,the lakers had the 2004 trophy in the case as the largest NBA Finals favorite of all time against Detroit,,,they lost 4-1 and lakers have 5 stolen titles from Minneapolis,,,,but Thread is a suns fan so all is good,,,,

ambchang
01-10-2016, 11:03 PM

You just said they almost did it two days ago.

Porzingis almost porked the Spurs.

That's how you ended up with a 2nd 5th.

TDMVPDPOY
01-10-2016, 11:05 PM
lol cant go a day without td rent free....

Thread
01-10-2016, 11:07 PM
You just said they almost did it two days ago.

No. You said "almost."

ambchang
01-10-2016, 11:12 PM
No. You said "almost."

You bolder it.

Thread
01-10-2016, 11:15 PM
You bolder it.

You said it. Live with it.

ambchang
01-10-2016, 11:23 PM
You said it. Live with it.

You bolded it and applied it to the fifths. Tough beans.

Thread
01-10-2016, 11:33 PM

You said it. You live with it.

midnightpulp
01-10-2016, 11:38 PM

At home, Cub?

Thread
01-10-2016, 11:40 PM
At home, Cub?

Home, road, it doesn't matter, we disgrace ourselves.

ambchang
01-11-2016, 07:00 AM

Thread
01-11-2016, 07:24 AM
^^^

Killakobe81
01-11-2016, 10:01 AM
Home, road, it doesn't matter, we disgrace ourselves.

truth. A sad state indeed ...

ambchang
01-11-2016, 12:27 PM
^^^

Thread
01-11-2016, 12:30 PM
^^^

Spurtacular
01-11-2016, 03:39 PM

I hate the Lakers. But I respect most the showtime Lakers to one degree or another. Except, Byron Scott is/was a c*nt, tbh.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-11-2016, 03:50 PM

Which means he wasn't a favorite at all considering he never played with any other team.

Kidd K
01-11-2016, 08:09 PM
Nothing wrong with respecting old Lakers back when that team was still respectable (pre-Stern assist, pre daily ESPN verbal fluffing). Prime Duncan vs prime Kareem would be a fun matchup to watch. Probably edge to Kareem though due to size, but Duncan has some pretty effective moves to go to but Kareem I'll never knock as being anything but a legendary player. He's my pick for best center ever pretty easily.

I laugh though at all these Lakers fans trying to pretend people remember Wilt for shit he did as a Laker (his last and 5 worst statistical seasons) instead of the nearly 10 years before that which is what he's mostly known for. lol

Wilt's not known for being a Laker. The Lakers are known for buying Wilt. Wilt is mostly known for his huge statistical seasons pre-Lakers.

ambchang
01-11-2016, 10:03 PM
^^^

Thread
01-11-2016, 10:09 PM
^^^

DMC
01-11-2016, 10:09 PM
No troll material here, Kool.

NBA fan typically respects Magic and Kareem.

FIFY

DMC
01-11-2016, 10:11 PM
Which means he wasn't a favorite at all considering he never played with any other team.

Sorry. Non spur.

ambchang
01-12-2016, 11:51 AM
^^^

Thread
01-12-2016, 01:27 PM
^^^

Mitch
01-12-2016, 01:49 PM
Cub in his comfort zone now, Chang being the stubborn racist like usual. Wonder who will win :lol

ambchang
01-12-2016, 08:03 PM
^^^

ambchang
01-12-2016, 08:03 PM
Cub in his comfort zone now, Chang being the stubborn racist like usual. Wonder who will win :lol

Racist?

Koolaid_Man
01-12-2016, 08:04 PM
Nothing wrong with respecting old Lakers back when that team was still respectable (pre-Stern assist, pre daily ESPN verbal fluffing). Prime Duncan vs prime Kareem would be a fun matchup to watch. Probably edge to Kareem though due to size, but Duncan has some pretty effective moves to go to but Kareem I'll never knock as being anything but a legendary player. He's my pick for best center ever pretty easily.

I laugh though at all these Lakers fans trying to pretend people remember Wilt for shit he did as a Laker (his last and 5 worst statistical seasons) instead of the nearly 10 years before that which is what he's mostly known for. lol

Wilt's not known for being a Laker. The Lakers are known for buying Wilt. Wilt is mostly known for his huge statistical seasons pre-Lakers.

Suck det Laker DICK....Suck suck suck it BITCH:lol

Mitch
01-12-2016, 08:05 PM
Racist?

Yeah, Chang.

We've been through this, you're a racist. I mean you compared a black guy to a gorilla for christ sakes.

Kidd K
01-12-2016, 08:06 PM
Suck det Laker DICK....Suck suck suck it BITCH:lol

You really are gay as fuck, aren't you?

ambchang
01-12-2016, 10:25 PM
Yeah, Chang.

We've been through this, you're a racist. I mean you compared a black guy to a gorilla for christ sakes.

Kobe is a race?

Mitch
01-12-2016, 10:28 PM
Kobe is a race?

Sorry, chingchang ya racist, not going to play the game tonight - I've not the interest.

ambchang
01-13-2016, 08:37 AM
Sorry, chingchang ya racist, not going to play the game tonight - I've not the interest.

What game? Since when is Kobe a race, or even a remote facsimile of a representation of any race?