PDA

View Full Version : Nets: Hollins fired, Billy King steps down

spursistan
01-10-2016, 12:00 PM

we play this dumpster fire team tomorrow.

DMC
01-10-2016, 12:15 PM
Hollins could end up in Phoenix.

Thread
01-10-2016, 12:15 PM

we play this dumpster fire team tomorrow.

Here's my chance for a coup. For 1 day. For 1 game everybody is trying to impress.

Barrel time?

spursistan
01-10-2016, 12:20 PM
Here's my chance for a coup. For 1 day. For 1 game everybody is trying to impress.

Barrel time?
meh..after the Knicks escape, i expect sharper Spurs...

spursistan
01-10-2016, 12:22 PM
anyway, wonder who is going to take those jobs. the Nets have no immediate future after throwing away their picks..only desperate types would want to coach/run that team for next 3-4 years..

DMC
01-10-2016, 12:24 PM

Barrel time?
That's what I was thinking.

DMC
01-10-2016, 12:26 PM
anyway, wonder who is going to take those jobs. the Nets have no immediate future after throwing away their picks..only desperate types would want to coach/run that team for next 3-4 years..
lol

Desperate types? A multi-million dollar a year job? Anyone will take it. Only coaches who write their own ticket, aka retired out of their choice, would balk at it. There's a line of niggas from here to Brooklyn for that job. What's Thibs doing?

But lol another black coach fired.

spursistan
01-10-2016, 12:29 PM
lol

Desperate types? A multi-million dollar a year job? Anyone will take it. Only coaches who write their own ticket, aka retired out of their choice, would balk at it. There's a line of niggas from here to Brooklyn for that job. What's Thibs doing?

But lol another black coach fired.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYX_WD3UwAAjTvP.png:large

Nets draft picks :lmao..

only 4-year guaranteed contract will get me there as Top coach/GM..

DMC
01-10-2016, 12:40 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYX_WD3UwAAjTvP.png:large

Nets draft picks :lmao..

only 4-year guaranteed contract will get me there as Top coach/GM..

You can have success without having high draft picks. The Spurs haven't had a decent draft number pick since Tim Duncan. I think KL is the lowest they've had since then. They still drafted great players and signed others from abroad. Why do people think colleges and high schools are producing better players than the NBA is producing? You take a guy like Wiggins or Jabari Parker. You can find guys in the league that play as good as either of these two who weren't close to top 5 draft picks plus they understand NBA level basketball.

As a coach I'd prefer working with guys who understand the NBA game and not be Brett Brown'ed.

spursistan
01-10-2016, 12:46 PM

this guy :lol

vander
01-10-2016, 02:55 PM
You can have success without having high draft picks. The Spurs haven't had a decent draft number pick since Tim Duncan. I think KL is the lowest they've had since then. They still drafted great players and signed others from abroad. Why do people think colleges and high schools are producing better players than the NBA is producing? You take a guy like Wiggins or Jabari Parker. You can find guys in the league that play as good as either of these two who weren't close to top 5 draft picks plus they understand NBA level basketball.

As a coach I'd prefer working with guys who understand the NBA game and not be Brett Brown'ed.

there are basically 5 contenders right? and every single one of them is led by a top 7 pick, and have other important lottery picks on the roster. the Spurs are the severe anomaly and even then still go nowhere without TD...

apalisoc_9
01-10-2016, 03:00 PM
Expectations. If ownership is expecting much in the next 3 years, its best for GMs and Coaches to stay away from these jobs. Its terrible.

If they can be committed to a 5 year proccess to fix the franchise then by all.means take the job.

Killakobe81
01-10-2016, 04:51 PM
there are basically 5 contenders right? and every single one of them is led by a top 7 pick, and have other important lottery picks on the roster. the Spurs are the severe anomaly and even then still go nowhere without TD...

Yep

Killakobe81
01-10-2016, 04:52 PM
Actually only 4 legit contenders ...Dubs, Spurs, Cavs
Darkhorse OKC

spurraider21
01-10-2016, 04:52 PM
best story is if Prokhorov steps in and assumes GM and head coach duties

spurraider21
01-10-2016, 04:53 PM
there are basically 5 contenders right? and every single one of them is led by a top 7 pick
parker was the 28th pick

Ice009
01-10-2016, 09:36 PM
best story is if Prokhorov steps in and assumes GM and head coach duties

I didn't even know that he still owns the team. I thought that he was trying to sell it a year or two ago?

HemisfairArena
01-10-2016, 09:37 PM
Lakers would be smart to hire Hollins,,,,lets hope they don't,,,,

TDMVPDPOY
01-10-2016, 10:01 PM
say they are in the lotttery, are those picks protected or belong to someone else?

with the increase cap, nets should look at stealing european players who can make the transition to the nba, u telling me a european roster cant compete in the nba when half the teams in the league are utter shit

Mal
01-11-2016, 04:46 AM
Marc Jackson is being considered :lmao

Molotov
01-11-2016, 05:28 AM

That annoying faggot? Really?

Mal
01-11-2016, 05:44 AM
That annoying faggot? Really?

He still thinks that Warriors under him would be the same team as under Kerr/Walton :lmao

Molotov
01-11-2016, 05:53 AM
He still thinks that Warriors under him would be the same team as under Kerr/Walton :lmao

omg, what a delusional fucking idiot :lmao:lmao

SupremeGuy
01-11-2016, 11:24 AM
best story is if Prokhorov steps in and assumes GM and head coach duties:lol

Marc Jackson is being considered :lmao:lmao

Trainwreck2100
01-11-2016, 01:11 PM

thats not lolworthy please let that happen get him off tv again

Thread
01-11-2016, 01:23 PM

It's arguable.

TDMVPDPOY
01-11-2016, 08:18 PM
prov should hire messina

dunno the nets cap situation, but whatver it is....u telling me you cant build through FA in europe?

thos dud european players who failed to live up the hype in the nba gets a 2nd chance, since the nets will have no system and roles for players to fight for...

some of them former nba players never got the chance cause they played on stacked teams or teams already set with the system and roles, then there are some who couldnt hack it to work themselves up the rotation...

with the way the shitty easts now and certain teams out wests eating a piece of shit, u t elling me a team constructed of european players cant be competitive in the nba?

DMC
01-11-2016, 10:14 PM

this guy :lol

Any GM is better than King. He doesn't need RC but yeah, that's a good one. He should reach out to Mitch actually. I hear he might be looking soon.

DMC
01-11-2016, 10:15 PM
prov should hire messina

dunno the nets cap situation, but whatver it is....u telling me you cant build through FA in europe?

thos dud european players who failed to live up the hype in the nba gets a 2nd chance, since the nets will have no system and roles for players to fight for...

some of them former nba players never got the chance cause they played on stacked teams or teams already set with the system and roles, then there are some who couldnt hack it to work themselves up the rotation...

with the way the shitty easts now and certain teams out wests eating a piece of shit, u t elling me a team constructed of european players cant be competitive in the nba?

Them Brooklyn niggas aint gonna pay to see a bunch of jump shooting floppers from a 3rd world country play ball. Wait, that's what they have now.

DMC
01-11-2016, 10:16 PM
thats not lolworthy please let that happen get him off tv again
And in 4 years Matt Bonner takes the Nets to the Finals and rings b2b.