PDA

View Full Version : Boban trolling Pop

Kawhitstorm
01-11-2016, 11:34 PM
Spurs' Boban Marjanovic -- the kind 7-foot-3 Serbian who wears a size 19 shoe -- had fans at Barclays Center going crazy as he recorded 13 points in San Antonio's blowout victory over Brooklyn: "I enjoy it every time," he said. "They give me support and some energy. It's good. I don't drink Red Bull, but they give me wings.":lmao

GSH
01-11-2016, 11:38 PM
Spurs' Boban Marjanovic -- the kind 7-foot-3 Serbian who wears a size 19 shoe -- had fans at Barclays Center going crazy as he recorded 13 points in San Antonio's blowout victory over Brooklyn: "I enjoy it every time," he said. "They give me support and some energy. It's good. I don't drink Red Bull, but they give me wings.":lmao

What a cool guy. I don't know that he was intentionally trolling Pop. He just seems so positive about everything he sees. But hopefully he will associate all this positive reaction to playing with the Spurs, and he'll want to stay here next year.

ChumpDumper
01-11-2016, 11:39 PM
It sounded like genuine applause and appreciation tonight for the most part. Surprising.

YGWHI
01-11-2016, 11:49 PM
He said "I don't drink BIG Read Bull..." it's obvious he was trolling Pop AND Bonner.

GSH
01-11-2016, 11:55 PM
It sounded like genuine applause and appreciation tonight for the most part. Surprising.

I quit reading all the bullshit threads after Pop gave that quote in the post game. Do you really think it's surprising when people are genuinely applauding Boban? That most of the time they have been treating him "like an odd thing"? I've never seen it that way, but if you do, I'd be curious why.

We had some people over this weekend who are more casual fans, but they're crazy over Boban. I think a lot of them believe he can dunk the ball every play, so he's like some kind of Superman to them. But I don't thin they're looking at him like a circus sideshow so much as an unstoppable force they can cheer for.

ChumpDumper
01-11-2016, 11:58 PM
I quit reading all the bullshit threads after Pop gave that quote in the post game. Do you really think it's surprising when people are genuinely applauding Boban? That most of the time they have been treating him "like an odd thing"? I've never seen it that way, but if you do, I'd be curious why.

We had some people over this weekend who are more casual fans, but they're crazy over Boban. I think a lot of them believe he can dunk the ball every play, so he's like some kind of Superman to them. But I don't thin they're looking at him like a circus sideshow so much as an unstoppable force they can cheer for.It was a road game in Brooklyn, so yes -- I found it to be surprising.

Mel_13
01-12-2016, 12:06 AM
It was a road game in Brooklyn, so yes -- I found it to be surprising.

My daughter was at the game. Said it was like being at a home game, more San Antonio fans than Brooklyn fans.

GSH
01-12-2016, 12:08 AM
It was a road game in Brooklyn, so yes -- I found it to be surprising.

I understand. I heard a pretty good contingent at the end of the game shouting "Go Spurs Go". But I had friends who saw him play in Philly, and they said that people just love the guy. I don't know, maybe thinking a guy is the Incredible Hulk is seeing him as odd. But I don't think it's a bad thing. That was the part of Pop's comment, that it bothered him, that I didn't understand.

ChumpDumper
01-12-2016, 12:12 AM
I don't think Pop had any objection to the fans RE: Boban tonight.

GSH
01-12-2016, 12:21 AM
I don't think Pop had any objection to the fans RE: Boban tonight.

I was surprised that he ever did. That's probably more attention than the subject deserves.

Anyway, he seems to be a likeable guy, and you can't teach tall.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-12-2016, 12:40 AM
I was surprised that he ever did. That's probably more attention than the subject deserves.

Anyway, he seems to be a likeable guy, and you can't teach tall.
When he catches it in the paint, it's 2 points and/or a foul. Automatic. But he needs to work on using that body to dominate in the post, too, and that doesn't mean dribbling in once and taking a tough 12 foot hook shot (that's playing into the hands of the defense).

Obstructed_View
01-12-2016, 12:45 AM

We had some people over this weekend who are more casual fans, but they're crazy over Boban. I think a lot of them believe he can dunk the ball every play, so he's like some kind of Superman to them. But I don't thin they're looking at him like a circus sideshow so much as an unstoppable force they can cheer for.

I agree. I think it's shitty that people jump to conclusions about why fans like him. The truth is, he's really fucking good, he's immensely entertaining, and he's a skilled big man who is VERY big, both of which are a rarity. I guess some shortsighted fans and certain coaches are the only ones who fail to see that.

ChumpDumper
01-12-2016, 12:54 AM
I think Pop's objection was to the MVP chants. No need to read anything else into it.

ceperez
01-12-2016, 05:42 AM
My daughter was at the game. Said it was like being at a home game, more San Antonio fans than Brooklyn fans.

This typically happens in major cities with crappy teams. That was Spurs fans that were cheering him on.

It's just not as obvious in Booklyn considering they also use Black.

Spurtacular
01-12-2016, 09:01 AM

She exaggerates or was sitting too close a contingent of fans to differentiate. But the game at Philly last season, I do believe there were actually more Spurs fans in the house.

bklynspursfan
01-12-2016, 09:04 AM

I was there and can agree to this. Their crowd was depressing overall, and probably with good reason... Boban definitely had the loudest cheers, and as the 4th quarter went on, there were Nets fans just cheering for him cause everyone else was.

Mel_13
01-12-2016, 09:08 AM
I was there and can agree to this. Their crowd was depressing overall, and probably with good reason... Boban definitely had the loudest cheers, and as the 4th quarter went on, there were Nets fans just cheering for him cause everyone else was.

:toast

MarCowMar
01-12-2016, 09:13 AM
The Spurs 2nd and 3rd units are turning garbage time into some pretty awesome basketball. I tell my dad to wake my tired ass up when Boban comes in.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-12-2016, 09:18 AM
The Spurs 2nd and 3rd units are turning garbage time into some pretty awesome basketball. I tell my dad to wake my tired ass up when Boban comes in.

Huge reason why our point differential is so high this year, we're used to our 3rd unit stinking it up and losing points off the lead just about every time

tmtcsc
01-12-2016, 10:15 AM

Pop's schtick gets old. He needs to get over himself too. Fucking stop the preaching, lest you get accused of seeing Boban as an "odd thing". The guy is great to watch because he's a giant and he's good at basketball.

Dre_7
01-12-2016, 12:30 PM
I think Pop's objection was to the MVP chants. No need to read anything else into it.

Exactly. People read into things way too much.

Dre_7
01-12-2016, 12:30 PM
Pop's schtick gets old. He needs to get over himself too. Fucking stop the preaching, lest you get accused of seeing Boban as an "odd thing". The guy is great to watch because he's a giant and he's good at basketball.

Other than his quote about the MVP chants, what schtick are you talking about?

hater
01-12-2016, 01:15 PM

Yup. The MVP chants for Boban are insulting and disgusting. Those fans should be taken to the nearest cliff and pushed off.

Chinook
01-12-2016, 01:54 PM

I was lucky enough to catch what was probably the best game ever played a Barclay's a few years ago. It was rocking then, I guess the losing has driven the team spirit down that much?

bklynspursfan
01-12-2016, 03:07 PM
I was lucky enough to catch what was probably the best game ever played a Barclay's a few years ago. It was rocking then, I guess the losing has driven the team spirit down that much?

I think I remember that one... Last year was exciting too, though we did end up losing. It went into OT and the place was pretty into it.

Losing has definitely brought them down. They've got a lot of work to do

Chinook
01-12-2016, 03:43 PM
I think I remember that one... Last year was exciting too, though we did end up losing. It went into OT and the place was pretty into it.

Losing has definitely brought them down. They've got a lot of work to do

Well, I was talking about that Pistons game a few years ago that ended on a JJ buzzer-beater in 2OT or 3OT. I was in NYC visiting some college friends, and we went to that game on a whim. Nice place, but steep-ass climb to our seats.

DeRozan m8
01-12-2016, 04:13 PM
The Nets have lost 10 in a row at home and have Joe Johnson as a draw card.

They also have no future because they gave it away.

You wouldn't go aye

bklynspursfan
01-12-2016, 04:40 PM
Well, I was talking about that Pistons game a few years ago that ended on a JJ buzzer-beater in 2OT or 3OT. I was in NYC visiting some college friends, and we went to that game on a whim. Nice place, but steep-ass climb to our seats.

Ahhh ok. I remember that one. Yea the arena is very odd with those steps and just in general.. it's nice, just a lil different.