spurraider21
01-12-2016, 09:23 PM
its just 1 game, but it might end up costing him a starting allstar bid tbh

loveforthegame
01-12-2016, 09:25 PM
Yup. He's been an embarrassment all season long. :td

cjw
01-12-2016, 09:29 PM
He's in a funk. Whatever. He's looking ahead to Thursday against Lebron.

DeRozan m8
01-12-2016, 09:31 PM
OP....you are the definition of a f@ggot and sound like you should be a Lakers fan.

Rot in hell, you piece of shit

Mr. Body
01-12-2016, 10:12 PM
Shitty game. That's why you have other players.

Leetonidas
01-12-2016, 10:13 PM
Kawhi will probably shit on James on Thursday now. Hopefully

PopTheGOAT
01-13-2016, 12:12 AM
He's in a funk. Whatever. He's looking ahead to Thursday against Lebron.
Could be true tbh

Spurtacular
01-13-2016, 12:22 AM
I'm not a big fan of Parker taking 19 shots. He shot well tonight; but he needs to learn how to pass the torch, tbh.

PopTheGOAT
01-13-2016, 12:32 AM
I'm not a big fan of Parker taking 19 shots. He shot well tonight; but he needs to learn how to pass the torch, tbh.
I'm ok with it in days like today. Parker had it going and Kawhi clearly didn't. When things go back to the norm, not so much. Parker sometimes has games where he thinks he's still 28. I'm not a player fan, just a Spurs fan that likes the players on the team. I can objectively say Kawhi needs the ball wayyy more. Develop this dude. He's the next 10 years of the franchise.

I feel like us Spurs fans are getting greedy with Kawhi, though. He's gone from role player to top 5 player in the league in his 5th season and we want more :lol

100%duncan
01-13-2016, 12:36 AM
Trade this fuck. SMH

PopTheGOAT
01-13-2016, 01:04 AM
Trade this fuck. SMH
Srsly...finals MVP and DPOY, sure...but only 20.6 ppg. Fucking cabbage

100%duncan
01-13-2016, 01:33 AM
Srsly...finals MVP and DPOY, sure...but only 20.6 ppg. Fucking cabbage

not enuf

DenialTwist
01-13-2016, 01:37 AM
First I'm worried about Danny and now it's Kawhi. Sheesh. Kawhi really looked out of it.
And...after watching Kyrie play against Dallas tonight, I am now expecting him to go off on the spurs on Thursday. Kyrie looks like he is back to his old self again after coming back from that knee injury.
Good luck to the spurs.

steeledl
01-13-2016, 01:54 AM
No doubt Kawhi is a great player but the MVP talks and best player in the league talks needed to be tempered.

Kawhi has a lot of developing to do offensively as far as being a better creator and ball handler before he reaches that status.

Hopefully he can bounce back against King James.

Nathan89
01-13-2016, 02:01 AM
There is only one player with a more credible case for MVP than Kawhi. He had an off night and doesn't amp up the volume to try to make the night look decent going by raw stats. 1 game or a couple doesn't offset 30+ games of impeccable basketball. Dude has 50,50,90 shooting splits for the month of December and gets dragged through the mud after one night. SMDH

steeledl
01-13-2016, 02:06 AM
There is only one player with a more credible case for MVP than Kawhi. He had an off night and doesn't amp up the volume to try to make the night look decent going by raw stats. 1 game or a couple doesn't offset 30+ games of impeccable basketball. Dude has 50,50,90 shooting splits for the month of December and gets dragged through the mud after one night. SMDH

Depends on your criteria for MVP. If the best player on the best teams carries most of the weight for your opinion then I can see Kawhi there. Kawhi doesn't do a lot of the things the other top guys do though so its hard for me to say.

Spurtacular
01-13-2016, 02:32 AM
I'm ok with it in days like today. Parker had it going and Kawhi clearly didn't. When things go back to the norm, not so much. Parker sometimes has games where he thinks he's still 28. I'm not a player fan, just a Spurs fan that likes the players on the team. I can objectively say Kawhi needs the ball wayyy more. Develop this dude. He's the next 10 years of the franchise.

I feel like us Spurs fans are getting greedy with Kawhi, though. He's gone from role player to top 5 player in the league in his 5th season and we want more :lol

I'm not a player fan either. The Porker vs. Matt Barnes Bitch stuff is not my thing. Perhaps, I'm being too critical of a guy who shot 13-19. I just think Parker is resistant to someone stealing his thunder though. He's given some lip service; but I constantly see him using Kawhi like he's a third option when he's running the offense.

kaji157
01-13-2016, 02:58 AM
Let me put it this way, if the MVP voters considers both sides of the court, there are only two players that can fight for it, LeBron and Kawhi.

Now, the reality states that the MVP is "The best offensive player of one of the winningest teams", so in that regard, while Kawhi is the leading scorer of a top team, he is not by any means the best offensive player.
He has to improve in many areas, as of now, his passing and his overall ofensive arsenal is doubtfull.

Kawhi, while effective, has few moves and is not able to exploit the attention he gets, thatīs why he is not the MVP.

dabom
01-13-2016, 02:59 AM
Kawhi is the best offensive player on this team though...

ajh18
01-13-2016, 03:22 AM
I'm not a player fan either. The Porker vs. Matt Barnes Bitch stuff is not my thing. Perhaps, I'm being too critical of a guy who shot 13-19. I just think Parker is resistant to someone stealing his thunder though. He's given some lip service; but I constantly see him using Kawhi like he's a third option when he's running the offense.

I still think the Spurs function much better if ANY player who is hot/has a mismatch has the freedom to exploit that mismatch, and the offense allows for it. I want Kawhi/LMA as the first options when all things are equal, but the beauty of the Spurs' offense is that it can hit an opponent from so many different angles. Force-feeding Kawhi because he's "the guy" at the expense of an offense that probes for and exploits weaknesses wouldn't be good for this team in the long run.

spurs10
01-13-2016, 04:03 AM
I'm not sure if people are just having fun and trolling or they are truly ignorant when they attack Kawhi when he has a game that isn't over the top. We are a team. When Kawhi is off a bit and Tony and LMA can cover....great!! That's the name of the game!

pookenstein
01-13-2016, 05:36 AM
Kiwi is far and away the best player on our squad. He had a mediocre game tonight, that's all. Happens to everybody. An with TP having a great night I like that KL took the backseat tonight.

Bender
01-13-2016, 07:29 AM
He had a mediocre game tonight

I would call it closer to putrid.

Russo21
01-13-2016, 08:33 AM
Well aren't we a lucky team

Leonard is averaging 20.2ppg and 7rpg, last 5 games Leonard is averaging 16.4ppg and 6rpg while shooting 47%from the field
Aldridge is averaging 16.2ppg and 9rpg, last 5 games Aldridge is averaging 20.6ppg and 10.6rpg while shooting 55% from the field and the Spurs are 5-0 in this span.

Last 5 games they have pretty much swapped offensive stats, both playing D really well, both rebounding fantastic and adapting to their new roles really well. So is Tim and Tony. I'm kind of expecting LMA to overtake Kawhi in PPG by years end. Who gives a shit about that anyway, Spurs are 34-6 while incorporating a new all-star starter who averaged 23ppg last year, withstanding a starter sucking (DG) and adding some new blood to the bench. It's a nasty team from top to bottom. Adding Simmons, West and Boban to the bench has been huge. West's nastiness and experience, Simmons energy and athleticism and a skillful Big Friendly (but fkn intimidating) giant. A great team off to a 34-6 start and they haven't gotten close to reaching their potential. Oh and i haven't even mentioned the fossils on the team Manu and Tim are doing fantastic in limited minutes. Only 1 player on the team averaging over 30 mpg (Kawhi at 33.1 and LMA next at 29.8) All good stuff for SA! :)

BillMc
01-13-2016, 08:41 AM
I'm not sure if people are just having fun and trolling or they are truly ignorant when they attack Kawhi when he has a game that isn't over the top. We are a team. When Kawhi is off a bit and Tony and LMA can cover....great!! That's the name of the game!
:toast

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-13-2016, 08:50 AM
He just had to go against one of the most physical SF in the game in Melo and held him to 5-15 shooting the night before. And Melo was 2-12 before hitting his last 3 shots. You can tell Kawhi was exhausted. He kept losing his dribble and was not sharp at all last night. Despite that, Kawhi was still stellar on D. He just didn't have enough gas to play both sides of the court last night.

TheMulletMan3000
01-13-2016, 09:22 AM
control panel > edit ignore list > op > okay

look_at_g_shred
01-13-2016, 09:45 AM
This shall be bumped Thursday night :hat

NameLess Scrub
01-13-2016, 09:51 AM
Kawhi did look tired. As did other Spurs last night.

I think I heard the commentators talking about some changes in their flights the previous night.
If that's right, paired with a b2b, that could have been the reason for their struggles and it's great they still won.

spurs10
01-13-2016, 10:04 PM
Kawhi did look tired. As did other Spurs last night.

I think I heard the commentators talking about some changes in their flights the previous night.
If that's right, paired with a b2b, that could have been the reason for their struggles and it's great they still won. Travel, jet lag, and delays can wear you down...great we got the win!

TheGreatYacht
02-02-2016, 01:24 PM
17 PPG here we come

spursistan
02-02-2016, 02:57 PM
I don't understand why Pop thought it would be cool fucking with his minutes like some 35 yo (on nights when he is not matched up with guys like Lebron/Butler etc)...From playing entire first quarters in November he's been lately getting subbed at 3 minutes mark of Q only to comeback for at 8-7 minutes of the next one--enough for him lose rhythm and for certain teams to gather offensive momentum..

Kawhitstorm
02-02-2016, 03:55 PM
I don't understand why Pop thought it would be cool fucking with his minutes like some 35 yo (on nights when he is not matched up with guys like Lebron/Butler etc)...From playing entire first quarters in November he's been lately getting subbed at 3 minutes mark of Q only to comeback for at 8-7 minutes of the next one--enough for him lose rhythm and for certain teams to gather offensive momentum..

Do you think Pop cares about disrupting individual players rhythm?:lmao

SAGirl
02-02-2016, 04:30 PM
Pop is developing guys for the postseason. He has too many guys to play, and this particular past game, Pop let guys in there longer who got the job done. He was subbing in guys left and right, looking for some combination of players that could get it done. I thought he was going to play 30 minutes anway, but in the 3rd and 4th Q an unlikely unit got hot and madea run that opened the game, and I think Pop didn't want to screw up with them when they got rolling.

spursistan
02-02-2016, 04:54 PM
Pop is developing guys for the postseason. He has too many guys to play, and this particular past game, Pop let guys in there longer who got the job done. He was subbing in guys left and right, looking for some combination of players that could get it done. I thought he was going to play 30 minutes anway, but in the 3rd and 4th Q an unlikely unit got hot and madea run that opened the game, and I think Pop didn't want to screw up with them when they got rolling.
Pop subbed him out/in way too early in 1st quarter and way too late in the second, enough for the Magic to whittle down an 18 point lead to 8..In absence of TD, Kawhi should actually get more minutes for his impact on D.. It would great if he makes a concentrated effort to hit the glass more as we are getting killed without Duncan..you just don't develop at the expense of your best player who happens to be a spring chicken himself when the game is still not out of reach yet..

loveforthegame
02-02-2016, 05:30 PM

It's nice to get some guys minutes to develop but we're screwed if Leonard is playing 25 minutes in the post season.

SAGirl
02-02-2016, 06:00 PM
It's nice to get some guys minutes to develop but we're screwed if Leonard is playing 25 minutes in the post season.
He wont. He will be screwed too if he has no support or just veterans who may be injured or not rise to the occasion.

loveforthegame
02-02-2016, 06:28 PM
He wont. He will be screwed too if he has no support or just veterans who may be injured or not rise to the occasion.

How do you see the playoff minutes assuming all are healthy? Right now Leonard and Green are being monitored as if they're the 39 year old with knee pain. Manu seems to be at his average. So if Leonard and Green go back up in minutes during post season who's minutes are dialed back for Simmons and Anderson?

Leonard could use some minutes to work out some things. Ball handling, P/R, P/P, etc... His development shouldn't be dismissed either. He doesn't need to play 40 minutes but these 25 minute games are a bit tiresome.

Mnky
02-02-2016, 06:38 PM
How do you see the playoff minutes assuming all are healthy? Right now Leonard and Green are being monitored as if they're the 39 year old with knee pain. Manu seems to be at his average. So if Leonard and Green go back up in minutes during post season who's minutes are dialed back for Simmons and Anderson?

Leonard could use some minutes to work out some things. Ball handling, P/R, P/P, etc... His development shouldn't be dismissed either. He doesn't need to play 40 minutes but these 25 minute games are a bit tiresome.

Those 25 minutes are a lot longer when you play defense and offense the way he does.

hater
02-02-2016, 07:18 PM
Except he hasn't played good defense in a couple of weeks.

Absence of Duncan is exposing him tbqh

loveforthegame
02-02-2016, 09:59 PM

If he would only follow MVParkers defense we wouldn't be in this mess.

Ice009
02-02-2016, 10:31 PM

That's interesting. Legit question, do you guys think that Tim makes him look better defensively than he actually is? He definitely does help a perimeter defender look better by being in that last line of defense protecting the rim, but how much of a difference do you guys think it makes?

I still keep referring back to something Pippen said back in the day. He said that Bruce was a pretty good defender, but Tim backing him up was the main reason he looked great. When I originally read that years ago, I thought Pippen was being a bit of a hater, but maybe he was right. Pippen said something along the lines of that he'd be the best defender in the world too if he had Tim Duncan behind him backing him up. I'd love to read that article again. Don't remember where I read it though.

ParadoxEN
02-02-2016, 11:10 PM
That's interesting. Legit question, do you guys think that Tim makes him look better defensively than he actually is? He definitely does help a perimeter defender look better by being in that last line of defense protecting the rim, but how much of a difference do you guys think it makes?

I still keep referring back to something Pippen said back in the day. He said that Bruce was a pretty good defender, but Tim backing him up was the main reason he looked great. When I originally read that years ago, I thought Pippen was being a bit of a hater, but maybe he was right. Pippen said something along the lines of that he'd be the best defender in the world too if he had Tim Duncan behind him backing him up. I'd love to read that article again. Don't remember where I read it though.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14153

"Pip awards" lol

SAGirl
02-03-2016, 12:23 AM

I actually see his minutes just as he has played them against elite competition. He will likely play the 37-40 minutes, but he will not get the toughest defensive assignments the whole game. Just my opinion that Pop wants to spare his energy a little bit. Which means, he needs to get Danny and Simmons hopefully able to handle some guys. I mean Pop has really given Simmons' tough assignments, part of it is getting him ready to contribute, but I wonder if we will see switching a lot, and other things we are not seeing now in the RS, and he needs to get Simmons ready. Kyle is more of a mystery to me. I don't think he will have his real role until Manu retires, but as we have faced elite competition or have encountered games where we need come backs from behind, Kyle has been coming off the bench very aggressive with leadership and looking to make plays for himself or others. He has taken care of the ball, and just made heady decisions that have gotten himself and others rolling. I think has been emboldened by Pop calling plays for him and putting him in spots to lead. So I think Kyle's performance can't be ignored either. What that turns into, I don't know. It certainly takes a bit of pressure off Manu and makes the team better.

So I don't think Pop is monitoring Kawhi or Danny to "preserve" them or anything. He's really just developing guys. He has played these guys enough in garbage time already, and they just blow out other teams' benches not matter who you put around them, so they have earned their chance to see if they can hang with the real starters in other teams. In order to test them, some guys have to give up some minutes. To me that is all it is.

02-03-2016, 12:49 AM

I still keep referring back to something Pippen said back in the day. He said that Bruce was a pretty good defender, but Tim backing him up was the main reason he looked great. When I originally read that years ago, I thought Pippen was being a bit of a hater, but maybe he was right. Pippen said something along the lines of that he'd be the best defender in the world too if he had Tim Duncan behind him backing him up. I'd love to read that article again. Don't remember where I read it though.His lateral quickness is above average at best, but he has the physical attributes/instincts to recover and stay in the play to contest, and he's smart enough as a defender to know how to funnel his man baseline or into the big behind him(no middle) when he gets beat. Nevertheless, he looks a lot better when it's Tim behind him and not DWest. Kawhi is slightly overrated as an on ball defender(he's not bad or average by any means, just not as good as people would like to believe), but we've always known he was better off the ball, using his IQ to play the passing lanes and help off his man.

YGWHI
02-03-2016, 11:30 AM
So I don't think Pop is monitoring Kawhi or Danny to "preserve" them or anything. He's really just developing guys. He has played these guys enough in garbage time already, and they just blow out other teams' benches not matter who you put around them, so they have earned their chance to see if they can hang with the real starters in other teams. In order to test them, some guys have to give up some minutes. To me that is all it is.

Nah...Why the Spurs should care to develop a player who will play 35-40 mpg in the postseason when they can develop two guys who at least will play 5-8 mpg in the playoffs??

You know that Kawhi's a "finished product", he doesn't need to develop his ball handling, PnR, he excels at those situations...Put the attention on the other guys and not in the future face of the franchise...It makes a ton of sense.

YGWHI
02-03-2016, 11:45 AM

:lol

Kawhi has still the best numbers on defense. The best DBPM among perimeter players...FG% opponents, PPP...

Since Kawhi plays a lot more of minutes than Tim per game...

He has to cover not only his man but take care of work on Parker/Mills man...

And helping Diaw/West with their rebounding and defensive struggles...I'd say he's doing a great job on that end

SAGirl
02-03-2016, 12:19 PM
Nah...Why the Spurs should care to develop a player who will play 35-40 mpg in the postseason when they can develop two guys who at least will play 5-8 mpg in the playoffs??

You think they will not play and you are probably mistaken in that. There is a purpose to Pop's madness and us getting blown out by elite teams is not a good sign. Manu gave an interview saying their time is not mere gifts by Pop. They have have earned their current spots and role and they are still getting better. In fact, he also mentioned we have too many players and so guys have been in and out of the rotation, than in reality have the talent to play on a nightly basis.

This one is also maybe the last season for Manu, if you don't think Kawhi will need other good players to support him, then you are definitely being a blind player fan and thinking selfishly about your guy and in an unspursy fashion.

loveforthegame
02-03-2016, 12:36 PM
I'm not sure what's more alarming. That we may be looking to Simmons and Anderson to be different makers in the playoffs or that we're looking at them as being part of the core to carry the Spurs post big 3 era.

YGWHI
02-03-2016, 01:20 PM
This one is also maybe the last season for Manu, if you don't think Kawhi will need other good players to support him, then you are definitely being a blind player fan and thinking selfishly about your guy and in an unspursy fashion.

If you don't think that Kawhi needs playing time to develop the areas of his game where he didn't have the opportunity before because this team was too reliant on Parker/Manu in those situations...

And if you don't think that Kawhi's improvement will more important for the Spurs than any Kyle/Simms improvements they can make...

You're definitely a blind Kyle player fan and thinking selfishly about your guy in an unspursy fashion.

YGWHI
02-03-2016, 01:21 PM
I'm not sure what's more alarming. That we may be looking to Simmons and Anderson to be different makers in the playoffs or that we're looking at them as being part of the core to carry the Spurs post big 3 era.

The two things are alarming, tbh.

SAGirl
02-03-2016, 01:28 PM
If you don't think that Kawhi needs playing tim to develop the areas of his game where he didn't have the opportunity before because this team was too reliant on Parker/Manu in those situations...

And if you don't think that Kawhi's improvement will more important for the Spurs than any Kyle/Simms improvements they can make...

You're definitely a blind Kyle player fan and thinking selfishly about your guy in a unspursy fashion.
He is already a 5 year veteran with playoff experience, and he plays 40 minutes in close contests, plus as he should he plays every game he's healthy a good amount. First, his minutes have suffered because there has been a lot of garbage time.

Second, we are at a stage of the season where garbage time is now not sufficient to develop young players that you expect to help you in the postseason. You are being naive and blind thinking these two guys are not important and will not help in the postseason. Everyone has a different agenda here. But Pop has flat out said, he's putting them in these situations to get them ready. Danny has given up a lot of his minutes on the sake of their development, and Kawhi much much less. He still gets his minutes against elite teams and at least 30. I think he didn't get the 30 against Magic bc frankly Pop was seeing other units. This is to be expected at this stage of the season. I think you will see a much tigther rotation in March and April, but perhaps the guys that you see getting minutes and the combinations have already been archived for different scenarios in the postseason.

YGWHI
02-03-2016, 01:41 PM
He is already a 5 year veteran with playoff experience, and he plays 40 minutes in close contests, plus as he should he plays every game he's healthy a good amount. First, his minutes have suffered because there has been a lot of garbage time.

But you won't put him to develop his ball-handling/driving/PnR in big games situations. If it's a close game Pop won't call new things for Kawhi, and with +20 lead or -20 loss, Pop will put Simms/Kyle there.

So when Kawhi can have the opportunity? He should have it in the first half and 3rd quarter of games against non-playoffs teams. Sadly, that let the other guys in garbage time. You say it isn't enough, but if I have to choose between to develop Kawhi or develop Simms/Kyle, I should choose the player who is one of the best players in the league and will give more benefits to the team.

YGWHI
02-03-2016, 01:50 PM
It's funny. After Warriors/Cavs losses people said that Kawhi has to be more aggressive, but after one win people said that Kawhi has to be on the bench to allow other players' development.

So he has to have the minutes to make an impact on the game or should be benched for the young guys?

When Kawhi will have the opportunity to try new things, to stay aggresive on the offensive end? Parking in the corner three and staying on the bench? That makes sense.

SAGirl
02-03-2016, 01:52 PM
But you won't put him to develop his ball-handling/driving/PnR in big games situations. If it's a close game Pop won't call new things for Kawhi, and with +20 lead or -20 loss, Pop will put Simms/Kyle there.

So when Kawhi can have the opportunity? He should have it in the first half and 3rd quarter of games against non-playoffs teams. Sadly, that let the other guys in garbage time. You say it isn't enough, but if I have to choose between to develop Kawhi or develop Simms/Kyle, I should choose the player who is one of the best players in the league and will give more benefits to the team.
Listen I get your point, and I like Kawhi, but he has chances to develop every game, every conceivable situation. He's been on the spot against elite teams, close games, the whole gamut.
The other two guys are limited in opportunities by the depth of the team. I don't think they will chip at Kawhi's minutes at all... but I really see the combination of Tony/Patty and Manu as a vulnerability in the playoffs.

Here I may come off one some hate crew wagon, but I am not. Patty is a real liablity if he's not hitting shots. He's very inadequate defensively. Tony has been better, but he's not stopper, and he has gotten dinged up and not come through in the playoffs recently and he's aging. Ray for example was in the rotation last game and he showed some real defensive toughness. Manu is really old for a guard. I personally don't think he can give you quality above 20 minutes in a high up tempo game that requires a lot of energy on both ends. Either his legs will give way to him bricking, or his decision making will be compromised bc he's old. We have a very questionable backcourt. So Pop wanted to see Ray and Simmons handle defending guards, and Ray has really not played much. You can never say with certainty that these guys will not play bc Tony has already had to leave games in the playoffs due to injury and behind him there is only Patty (really scary) and then Ray who has barely played.

So yes, Simmons and Anderson are your likely guys to step up and give some minutes, and maybe even Ray... I mean before that game we had hardly seen him.

YGWHI
02-03-2016, 02:05 PM
Listen I get your point, and I like Kawhi, but he has chances to develop every game, every conceivable situation.

No. Most of times, he won't run a pick and roll with LMA if Parker's on the court. Neither with Manu on the court. In the last games Pop called a lot more plays for LMA, so it reduces Kawhi's opportunities too.

Now, he should play less minutes and wait to develop his game because we're developing other guys...

I'd like to give Kyle/Simms more minutes, but not at the expense of Kawhi's development.

SAGirl
02-03-2016, 02:25 PM
No. Most of times, he won't run a pick and roll with LMA if Parker's on the court. Neither with Manu on the court. In the last games Pop called a lot more plays for LMA, so it reduces Kawhi's opportunities too.

Now, he should play less minutes and wait to develop his game because we're developing other guys...

I'd like to give Kyle/Simms more minutes, but not at the expense of Kawhi's development.
That is on Pop... he has minutes. If he's not doing the PNR with LMA its not bc of lack of opportunities.

dabom
02-03-2016, 02:31 PM
Patty Mills last 3 playoffs WS/48

:lmao

Patty is cash during the playoffs. Ya can shut the fuck up about him being a liability you stupid fucks. Go watch basketball next time. :lmao

dabom
02-03-2016, 02:36 PM
This regular season. .143. :lmao

dabom
02-03-2016, 02:40 PM
I just can't stand low IQ posters sometimes. :lol

YGWHI
02-03-2016, 02:45 PM
That is on Pop... he has minutes. If he's not doing the PNR with LMA its not bc of lack of opportunities

He plays most of his minutes with the ST players-Parker on the floor. With a ball dominant PG/proven great PnR player I wouldn't say Kawhi has a lot of opportunities in those minutes.

SAGirl
02-03-2016, 02:52 PM
He plays most of his minutes with the ST players-Parker on the floor. With a ball dominant PG/proven great PnR player I wouldn't say Kawhi will have a lot of opportunities in those minutes.
That is the real issue then, not Ray/Anderson/Simmons getting minutes playing. The issue is that he gets minutes but you don't get to see the plays you want to see.

Personally, I think Tony doesn't fit a system around Kawhi very well. I think Tony needs to pass more and shoot more 3s, when post players get doubled teamed, he has to be ready to fire that 3 but he doesn't. Having Tony off the ball is really a detriment.

I have rarely watched the player others call D'Bust this season (only our two games against him) but he's 6'5'', a passer, and was a shooter with range in college. He's only 19, in a terrible situation in LA, with a lot of disfunction and probably not even being developed well. A guy like that is probably a PG that would be ideal to develop for us. I just envision us needing a better passing and shooting PG than we have.

Heck I like Schroder a lot but I don't think he's the best fit either. He's like Tony in that he's a slasher and needs the ball, and also not the best passer.

If Pop is not putting Kawhi in the situations you want to see, it has to do with other guys beside Ray/Anderson/Simmons getting minutes

YGWHI
02-03-2016, 02:57 PM
That is the real issue then, not Ray/Anderson/Simmons getting minutes playing. The issue is that he gets minutes but you don't get to see the plays you want to see.

No. If he plays 25 minutes like last game he doesn't getting minutes.

Personally, I think Tony doesn't fit a system around Kawhi very well. I think Tony needs to pass more and shoot more 3s, when post players get doubled teamed, he has to be ready to fire that 3 but he doesn't. Having Tony off the ball is really a detriment.

I have rarely watched the player others call D'Bust this season (only our two games against him) but he's 6'5'', a passer, and was a shooter with range in college. He's only 19, in a terrible situation in LA, with a lot of disfunction and probably not even being developed well. A guy like that is probably a PG that would be ideal to develop for us. I just envision us needing a better passing and shooting PG than we have.

Heck I like Schroder a lot but I don't think he's the best fit either. He's like Tony in that he's a slasher and needs the ball, and also not the best passer.

If Pop is not putting Kawhi in the situations you want to see, it has to do with other guys beside Ray/Anderson/Simmons getting minutes

I want to see? Most Spurs fans should want to see those plays because those situations can help his development. But agree with your take on Parker-Kawhi. I said before, they aren't a duo and won't never play like one. Their games don't seem very compatible on the court.

SAGirl
02-03-2016, 03:01 PM
No. If he plays 25 minutes like last game he doesn't getting minutes.

I want to see? Most Spurs fans should want to see those plays because those situations can help his development. But agree with your take on Parker-Kawhi. I said before, they aren't a duo and won't never play like one. Their games don't seem very compatible on the court.
We'll just have to disagree. I think this past game he was meant to play his 30 minutes, but didn't bc a second unit featuring Anderson/Patty/Ray/Danny made a run and got us a lead in the game and Pop was riding the hot hand. Even if he got the 4-5 additional minutes you were not going to see the plays you wanted to see, as you admitted that they don't run those plays for him with Tony there.