PDA

View Full Version : LOL I'm for curing cancer *applause*

CosmicCowboy
01-12-2016, 09:35 PM
This state of the union is funny as hell.

CosmicCowboy
01-12-2016, 09:38 PM
I made gas under $2 a gallon .

CosmicCowboy
01-12-2016, 09:43 PM
we should go after terrorist networks *applause*

MultiTroll
01-12-2016, 09:47 PM
Looking at all the pouty Repugs is comedy.

CosmicCowboy
01-12-2016, 09:50 PM
WE stopped ebola! *applause* a couple million lives were saved!

MultiTroll
01-12-2016, 09:55 PM
Barry dropping truth bomb after truth bomb.

CosmicCowboy
01-12-2016, 09:55 PM
We should shut down Guantanamo because it targets people for race and religion. *applause*

MultiTroll
01-12-2016, 09:59 PM
The Pugs brought in that kuunt Clerk who refused to issue a license? :lmao

MultiTroll
01-12-2016, 10:00 PM
The Pugs brought in that kuunt Clerk who refused to issue a license?
He said it's too expensive and breeds recruiting material for the Unislamic sickos.
It does.
Stop making shit up.

Spurminator
01-12-2016, 10:03 PM
Let the record show that Republicans invited Kim Davis to the SOTU, and Democrats did not invite Clock Boy. Point for the Dems.

baseline bum
01-12-2016, 10:06 PM
How the fuck are you guys watching that stupid shit when the Spurs are on? smh

Spurminator
01-12-2016, 10:08 PM
League Pass on second screen, yo.

baseline bum
01-12-2016, 10:10 PM
League Pass on second screen, yo.

I wouldn't turn that bullshit on unless Hillary and Michelle Obama started clamsmacking right there on the podium.

MultiTroll
01-12-2016, 10:11 PM
I ain't paying for League Pass and none of you has shown me how to hork it -yet.

CosmicCowboy
01-12-2016, 10:13 PM

blowout

baseline bum
01-12-2016, 10:14 PM
I ain't paying for League Pass and none of you has shown me how to hork it -yet.

Are you hoping Bernie pays for your League Pass or some shit?

baseline bum
01-12-2016, 10:15 PM
blowout

It got pretty close in the fourth.

MultiTroll
01-12-2016, 10:16 PM
Are you hoping Bernie pays for your League Pass or some shit?
Bernie will shake down these ripoff pro sports teams but no.

baseline bum
01-12-2016, 10:17 PM
Fuck Obama's speech, I'm starting up Fallout.

Ball Buster
01-12-2016, 10:32 PM
Fuck Obama's speech, I'm starting up Fallout.

It was actually a pretty good speech. Talked about alot of stuff that gets discussed on this forum.

Th'Pusher
01-12-2016, 10:46 PM
Is Nikki Haley's jaw wired shut?

pgardn
01-12-2016, 10:59 PM
I wouldn't turn that bullshit on unless Hillary and Michelle Obama started clamsmacking right there on the podium.

Oh the Humanity...

Thanks for the nightmares.

DMX7
01-12-2016, 11:43 PM
He's such a boring speaker. I can't even watch more than a few minutes without becoming bored and he's talking about topics that mostly interest me.

DMX7
01-12-2016, 11:45 PM

Da fuck?? That's a sick mind you got there.

baseline bum
01-12-2016, 11:50 PM
Da fuck?? That's a sick mind you got there.

I would love watching that shit, it would be amazing tv. Hillary could jump up on the podium and ask why she has to be bipartisan and can't just be bi, and then she take Michelle right there, all the way up to the elbow while Barack sits there crying. Now that would be a State of the Union address.

Nbadan
01-13-2016, 01:44 AM
I would love watching that shit, it would be amazing tv. Hillary could jump up on the podium and ask why she has to be bipartisan and can't just be bi, and then she take Michelle right there, all the way up to the elbow while Barack sits there crying. Now that would be a State of the Union address.

:lol your funny BB...

Nbadan
01-13-2016, 01:46 AM
Is Nikki Haley's jaw wired shut?

Yeah, that was a weird jaw line right? It was like she bought teeth that were 2 sizes to big for her mouth....how the fuck does she eat?

Reck
01-13-2016, 04:21 AM
He's such a boring speaker. I can't even watch more than a few minutes without becoming bored and he's talking about topics that mostly interest me.

Funny wording.

Are you saying it was boring, or that Obama himself is boring because Trump just happened to said the SOTU was boring?

You were made for a Trump like candidate.

boutons_deux
01-13-2016, 07:07 AM
Denial, paranoia and bigotry: Obama warns against Republican ugliness and they immediately prove him right

on the substantive issues, Haley made sure the conservative base knew that the Republican Party fully supports this vortex of bigotry and paranoia they’ve been sucked into. And in doing so, she proved Obama right.

For instance, Obama’s point about how it’s irresponsible to exaggerate the dangers of terrorism or to imply that he’s secretly working for the other side? Haley did just that: “Even worse, we are facing the most dangerous terrorist threat our nation has seen since 9/11, and this president appears either unwilling or unable to deal with it.”

Or Obama’s warning about exploiting anti-Muslim bigotry to pander to bigots? Oh yeah, Haley did that, too: “And in this age of terrorism, we must not let in refugees whose intentions cannot be determined.” (Her implication that we do so is a flat-out lie. Refugees have a lengthy process, of an average of 18-24 months, of vetting to get into this country.)

Perhaps the worst part of her speech, however, was when Haley exploited the hate crime committed in her state — a mass shooting at a black church that took the lives of nine people — to pander to racists who want to believe the Black Lives Matter movement is deliberately instigating riots: “We didn’t have violence, we had vigils. We didn’t have riots, we had hugs.”

Haley is praised for her conciliatory rhetoric but that line reveals how much she’s also perfected the use of dog whistles.

In his speech, Obama warned about those who promise “to restore past glory if we just got some group or idea that was threatening America under control.”

It’s not just Donald Trump. The woman the Republicans flagged to offer their official rebuttal used her speech to do just that. Haley used her speech to take swipes at refugees, at immigrants, and at protesters who are trying to reduce police violence.

She went about as low as you can go, weaponizing the loss of innocent lives to chastise people who are trying to stop the loss of more innocent lives. She was exactly the threat to “rational, constructive debates” that Obama warned about.

http://www.salon.com/2016/01/13/denial_paranoia_and_bigotry_obama_warns_against_re publican_ugliness_and_they_immediately_prove_him_r ight/

Spurminator
01-13-2016, 11:02 AM
I thought it was funny how the Paul Ryan Twitter account tweeted, 30 minutes into the speech, a prepared statement on how poorly the speech was going so far.

DarrinS
01-13-2016, 11:05 AM
I thought it was funny how the Paul Ryan Twitter account tweeted, 30 minutes into the speech, a prepared statement on how poorly the speech was going so far.

You follow Ryan's twitter?

Spurminator
01-13-2016, 11:10 AM
You follow Ryan's twitter?

It was retweeted by someone I follow.

But I do follow some accounts that I don't agree with. It's the same as visiting a message board that has posters you don't agree with.

angrydude
01-13-2016, 12:18 PM
somebody actually watched that? It's not even being covered in the news, lol

boutons_deux
01-13-2016, 12:22 PM

even Fox News carried it.

DMX7
01-13-2016, 01:33 PM
Funny wording.

Are you saying it was boring, or that Obama himself is boring because Trump just happened to said the SOTU was boring?

You were made for a Trump like candidate.

No, I voted for Obama. I think he is a smart guy with good judgement (generally speaking). However, he has always been an unimpressive and a highly overrated speaker in my opinion. Stylistically, he is boring. He takes too many unnecessary pauses between sentences... sometimes even words within a sentence. His statements are also full of boilerplate messages. They are things you'd expect his press secretary to say. They don't seem new, uniquely intelligent or thought provoking. I can recite dozens of lines from great presidents like FDR, Eisenhower, Lincoln, and others. I can't recite anything really meaningful and memorable that Obama has said that really connected with me. As far as the artistry of oration goes, he is what Jackson Pollock is to the visual arts -- people who want to see brilliance will see it, others though just see paint splattered on the wall.

Th'Pusher
01-13-2016, 02:13 PM

Where do you get your news?

MultiTroll
01-13-2016, 02:17 PM
Hater Pugs are beyond pathetic.

Side note here is a similarity.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYkQIjJUQAArvZ5.jpghttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYkQIKMVAAAdN6V.jpg:small

DMX7
01-13-2016, 02:18 PM
Hater Pugs are beyond pathetic.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYkQIjJUQAArvZ5.jpghttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYkQIKMVAAAdN6V.jpg:small

:lol

I knew he reminded me of someone. I just couldn't figure out who.

boutons_deux
01-13-2016, 03:15 PM
Paul Ryan struggles to explain Obama-era economy

are Republicans prepared to give the president some credit for the improved economy and for rescuing the country from the Great Recession? The nation’s top GOP official confronted the issue (http://thehill.com/policy/finance/265542-ryan-obama-doesnt-deserve-credit-for-economy) yesterday.

Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) launched a broad critique of President Obama’s economic record hours before the president delivers his final State of the Union address.

Instead of crediting Obama for any of the economic gains that have occurred in the last seven years, Ryan argued that the Federal Reserve’s policies pushed the recovery.

According to the transcript, via Nexis, a reporter asked Ryan if he believes the president “deserves any credit at all” for economic improvements. The Republican Speaker responded, “I think the Federal Reserve has done more. And by the way, I think the Federal Reserve has given us, in combination with Obama policies, more regulations, higher taxes, more uncertainty; has given us trickle-down economics.”

I realize that much of the Beltway political establishment considers Paul Ryan some kind of numbers-wiz policy wonk, but his answer yesterday was a reminder that the Wisconsin congressman really doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

We can just skip over the fact that, if a President Romney had cut the unemployment rate from 10% to 5%, Ryan would be organizing parades in his honor. That’s not important.

What is important is that Ryan’s explanation is gibberish. Consider the Speaker’s argument broken down into its component parts:

1. Paul Ryan opposes the Fed’s recent monetary policies.

2. Paul Ryan believes the Fed’s recent monetary policies are bad for the economy.

3. Asked about positive economic developments, Paul Ryan credits the policies he doesn’t support.

About a year ago, Paul Krugman described Ryan’s understanding of monetary policy as “craziness (http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/02/10/theres-something-about-money-implicitly-wonkish/).” The assessment continues to be fair.

As for the GOP leader’s complaints about “trickle-down economics,” this really is through-the-looking-glass rhetoric, even by 2016 standards.

We’re talking about a lawmaker whose claim to fame is a budget plan that rewards the very wealthy with massive tax breaks – while slashing domestic spending – in the hopes that prosperity will eventually reach everyone once the rich has even more money in their pockets.

Paul Ryan doesn’t get to complain about trickle-down economics; Paul Ryan is a champion of trickle-down economics.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/paul-ryan-struggles-explain-obama-era-economy?cid=sm_fb_maddow