PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi last chance at All star game start vs Cavs..

spursistan
01-12-2016, 10:21 PM
Not that is big deal, but he needs statement game on national TV (TNT) to sway the last votes, otherwise it is Raymond's slot..

I hope he is OK, but that was genuinely the worst i have seen Kawhi play basketball in years..I thought he was due a mini-slump shooting but not this total lack of energy and complete dumbfuckery he pulled in this game..

Even in the latter part of Clippers series, he was still hustling and boarding when his shot wasn't falling..He seemed shook and out of it across the board tonight for whatever reasons..

As a supposedly Top 5 player in the league, you are due bad game here and there but not a stretch of consecutive ones, a month or two...

ducks
01-12-2016, 10:23 PM
Player agenda fan

loveforthegame
01-12-2016, 10:24 PM
Green has all ready won it. The PR is in overdrive for him and the fans have responded.

hooperflash
01-12-2016, 10:24 PM
He's been one of the most consistent players on both ends of the floor this year, it's just one game. Cheers to a great game for Kawhi on Thursday.

Obstructed_View
01-12-2016, 10:25 PM
If Kawhi scores 50 and holds Lebron to 10 points he still won't start.

Tully365
01-12-2016, 10:25 PM
The krew are like angry terrorists, ready to turn on anyone whenever the mood strikes them.

SpurPadre
01-12-2016, 10:27 PM
If Kawhi scores 50 and holds Lebron to 10 points he still won't start.

:lol Good one and probably true.

DAF86
01-12-2016, 11:05 PM
LMA could also help his case to make the asg, tbh. Do you think he will make it?

Kawhitstorm
01-12-2016, 11:18 PM
When was the last time Kawhi didn't showup against an elite wing player?:hat

PopTheGOAT
01-13-2016, 12:04 AM
True. He just needs an opponent that doesn't put him to sleep

cjw
01-13-2016, 12:43 AM
LMA could also help his case to make the asg, tbh. Do you think he will make it?

This is the more likely outcome. Both LMA and Kawhi at ASG vs. Kawhi starting and being sole Spur.

bic50
01-13-2016, 12:57 AM
Seeing how kawhi is in a bit of a slump. We'll just have to be glad that he's atleast a lock to be an all star this season. Hopefully aldridge can get in also. He's been a huge part of the spurs success this season.

SAGirl
01-13-2016, 01:47 AM
What surprised me was that he passed out of shots. He had possible dunks in transition, but didn't sprint, or passed out to Patty one time, for a contested shot by Patty that was worse than his own chance. He only took 7 shots, the only one he made was the alley oop from TD, but he had other possible shots, he just passed them up. He wasn't aggressive in this game. Something was off mentally, maybe something personal. It was unusual.

DenialTwist
01-13-2016, 01:56 AM
I am looking daily on the warriors twitter and facebook, honestly Draymond is a lock to be a starter, not just because he is playing well lately but the GSW PR is on fire. They are getting literally 6-7k per day on retweets from Dubs fans and bandwagoners lol. As long as KL makes the team it's good enough, even better if Aldridge makes it too but I don't know if he'll beat out Griffin for the coaches vote.

TheDoctor
01-13-2016, 10:53 AM
Kobe injured his achilles last night. Spurs' fans too lazy to vote but at least the Universe's doing its part.

SpursFan86
01-13-2016, 11:03 AM
Green has all ready won it. The PR is in overdrive for him and the fans have responded.

To be fair, he's been killing it lately.

Draymond in January: 18/13/8 on 70 TS%
Kawhi in January: 17/6/1 on 61 TS%

Obviously Kawhi has been better over the course of the season, but unfortunately these things have a lot of recency bias. Kawhi was ahead of Draymond after the 1st voting returns but then Draymond started going off and overtook him.

Still a month to go, though, so if Kawhi heats back up and has a few huge games, he could still get that spot.

look_at_g_shred
01-13-2016, 11:05 AM
Kobe injured his achilles last night. Spurs' fans too lazy to vote but at least the Universe's doing its part.
LOL. Did it look serious?

Spurtacular
01-13-2016, 11:19 AM

Yea, I guess Barnes isn't elite, after all.

T Park
01-13-2016, 11:36 AM

No it's sore. It's what's held him out of previous games. Nothing to keep him from hamming it up and going full attention whore in February though.

loveforthegame
01-13-2016, 11:38 AM
Still a month to go, though, so if Kawhi heats back up and has a few huge games, he could still get that spot.

Voting ends Monday. Tomorrow they'll release the last returns. The starters will be announced on TNT a week from tomorrow. The reserves announced a week after that.

Obviously, Green has been on a terror but the GS PR is really pimping for him. They do a few tweets a day that get 2k within an hour. The Spurs do a tweet or two and Leonard is lucky to get 2k in a day. After the first returns and Green was down, Curry tweeted to vote for his boy and it got over 6k tweets. The Spurs are not going to go the distance that GS is. They never have and won't start now.

It's a much bigger deal for the GS fans to see their players in the all-star game than it is for SA. Look how many people here are hoping none of them go. Or don't bother voting because they won't watch because they think it's a joke of a game. Which is fine.

TheDoctor
01-13-2016, 12:58 PM

Nah (I think), just "sore" they said. But at 37 y/o a sore repaired achilles could be... problems.
http://asset-e.soupcdn.com/asset/1522/8105_ea29.gif

Tully365
01-13-2016, 01:07 PM
Kawhi is getting added to the all star team by the coaches. He's in, so it doesn't matter what the voting numbers are.

hater
01-13-2016, 01:15 PM
Player agenda fan

TheDoctor
01-13-2016, 01:48 PM
Kawhi is getting added to the all star team by the coaches. He's in, so it doesn't matter what the voting numbers are.

We know Tully, Kawhi being an All-Star is not the issue. It is whether he starts or not hence Kobe's injury topic. I'm 99% sure NBA's vote system is rigged.

Kawhitstorm
01-13-2016, 02:03 PM
Yea, I guess Barnes isn't elite, after all.

Once he dropped a career high on Barnes he became disinterested.

SpursFan86
01-13-2016, 02:11 PM
Voting ends Monday. Tomorrow they'll release the last returns. The starters will be announced on TNT a week from tomorrow. The reserves announced a week after that.

Obviously, Green has been on a terror but the GS PR is really pimping for him. They do a few tweets a day that get 2k within an hour. The Spurs do a tweet or two and Leonard is lucky to get 2k in a day. After the first returns and Green was down, Curry tweeted to vote for his boy and it got over 6k tweets. The Spurs are not going to go the distance that GS is. They never have and won't start now.

It's a much bigger deal for the GS fans to see their players in the all-star game than it is for SA. Look how many people here are hoping none of them go. Or don't bother voting because they won't watch because they think it's a joke of a game. Which is fine.

Ahh damn, I didn't realize voting ended so soon. In that case, yeah, unfortunately he probably does have it locked up barring some otherworldly performance tomorrow against LeBron and the Cavs.

Spurtacular
01-13-2016, 03:57 PM
Once he dropped a career high on Barnes he became disinterested.

Disinterested in rings? In back to backs? Wow, some hero you've chosen.

spursistan
01-13-2016, 07:20 PM
It is not only the shooting part that's starting to regress to the mean; Kawhi has more turnovers (5) than assists (1) in the last 3 games..His focus and energy have been missing bit..hopefully he breaks out of it in this game..

Brazil
01-13-2016, 07:46 PM
Kawhi is fine tbh

i hope he will make the asg, if not by votes it will be coaches. Dat selection will be well deserved and a nice personal recognition

Mnky
01-13-2016, 07:53 PM
I'm not a big draymond green fan. I don't like players that only talk when they're on top, but don't exist otherwise. Chump persona to me.

That being said, he's easily ahead of Kawhi in deserving that starting spot. He has been a monster the last month, and did so with a banged up or missing curry.

daslicer
01-13-2016, 07:59 PM
I'm not a big draymond green fan. I don't like players that only talk when they're on top, but don't exist otherwise. Chump persona to me.

That being said, he's easily ahead of Kawhi in deserving that starting spot. He has been a monster the last month, and did so with a banged up or missing curry.

I wouldn't go that far and I'm one of Kawhi's biggest critics on here but there is no way Draymond is more deserving of that spot than Kawhi. Draymond won a game or two without Curry that doesn't mean shit in the scheme of things. If Curry wasn't able to play for a stretch of 10-20 games I guarantee you the Warriors record would be crap. Great teams can win games without their superstar for a short period of time. Draymond is an integral part of the Warriors success but Kawhi is the MVP of the Spurs without Kawhi the spurs record would not be as good.

Venti Quattro
01-13-2016, 08:00 PM

Also helps that he backs up the hype with his play on the court

Obstructed_View
01-13-2016, 08:10 PM
Pop's coaching, right?

Obstructed_View
01-13-2016, 08:10 PM
Also helps that he backs up the hype with his play on the court

Yeah, that boy good.

Venti Quattro
01-13-2016, 08:14 PM
Yeah, that boy good.

He opens his mouth a lot but he also plays very well. Fair enough

bic50
01-13-2016, 08:14 PM
It is not only the shooting part that's starting to regress to the mean; Kawhi has more turnovers (5) than assists (1) in the last 3 games..His focus and energy have been missing bit..hopefully he breaks out of it in this game..

It is a bit concerning but I can't help but to think this is just a slump he's in. It was bound to happen at some point. He did the same thing last season and played like garbage for a stretch of games then broke out of it and went off.
I hope the same happens again. I can't imagine him playing like this the rest of the season.

YGWHI
01-13-2016, 08:18 PM
Disinterested in rings? In back to backs? Wow, some hero you've chosen.

Well, it's not like the Spurs had a great history in back to back championships during Duncan prime/Era...And trust me, you can't choose a better hero than Tim Duncan.

YGWHI
01-13-2016, 08:25 PM

Of course he deserves the spot for one month over a guy who has being consistently great during almost half of season, except the last two games.

Mnky
01-13-2016, 08:36 PM
Of course he deserves the spot for one month over a guy who has being consistently great during almost half of season, except the last two games.

That's when the voting changed, not half a year ago.

Mnky
01-13-2016, 08:38 PM
I wouldn't go that far and I'm one of Kawhi's biggest critics on here but there is no way Draymond is more deserving of that spot than Kawhi. Draymond won a game or two without Curry that doesn't mean shit in the scheme of things. If Curry wasn't able to play for a stretch of 10-20 games I guarantee you the Warriors record would be crap. Great teams can win games without their superstar for a short period of time. Draymond is an integral part of the Warriors success but Kawhi is the MVP of the Spurs without Kawhi the spurs record would not be as good.

That's all fine and dandy, but this is the all star game, not mvp voting. All stars are people who stand out for their flashy plays, not their greatness which is another reason why I don't care much for it.

Draymond has been a very flashy player, and to your point, it can be argued without him that the warriors would struggle just the same. The majority of what they do runs through him and curry.

YGWHI
01-13-2016, 08:42 PM
That's when the voting changed, not half a year ago.

Voting changes aren't the same that "he's easily ahead of Kawhi in deserving that starting spot"

tonight...you
01-13-2016, 08:43 PM
That's all fine and dandy, but this is the all star game, not mvp voting. All stars are people who stand out for their flashy plays, not their greatness which is another reason why I don't care much for it.

Draymond has been a very flashy player, and to your point, it can be argued without him that the warriors would struggle just the same. The majority of what they do runs through him and curry.
Not arguing with you, but both the All-Star vote and MVP votes are pure bull until its the coaches that are the exclusive voters (I guess along with certain, respected former/current GM's).
Fan votes and media votes are garbage. I have no idea why the league doesn't have coach/GM votes for awards.

Mnky
01-13-2016, 09:21 PM
Not arguing with you, but both the All-Star vote and MVP votes are pure bull until its the coaches that are the exclusive voters (I guess along with certain, respected former/current GM's).
Fan votes and media votes are garbage. I have no idea why the league doesn't have coach/GM votes for awards.

I've thought about that, I can see it causing issues in house, if a player felt he deserved recognition and then didn't get any votes.. maybe he would feel unappreciated by his staff? Situations like that, with today's diva attractions seems like it would be an issue. Otherwise yea, fan voting definitely doesn't make much sense for all categories.

Mnky
01-13-2016, 09:24 PM
Voting changes aren't the same that "he's easily ahead of Kawhi in deserving that starting spot"

He out flashed Kawhi last month, and over took him in flashy votes last month. As its a popularity contest, draymond is the coolest kid at the moment. Not sure what you're missing tbh.

Obstructed_View
01-13-2016, 09:32 PM

Deserve is a funny word for an all star game when Kobe's in like his second or third in a row being either awful or absent.

r0drig0lac
01-13-2016, 09:41 PM
GSW looking like shit without Dray today, it may be more important for GSW offense than Curry at this time

Mikeanaro
01-13-2016, 09:56 PM
So he must make a statement to get a starting spot? what about Korpsbe?

daslicer
01-13-2016, 10:35 PM

Pretty stupid response considering Draymond is not a flashy player. Draymond is costing off the popularity of being associated with Curry that's pretty much all there is to it. Again you are deflecting Draymond is not the best player on the Warriors that is Curry whereas Kawhi is the best player on the Spurs. There is simply no comparison. If Kawhi ever gets injured and is out for a period of time the Spurs will struggle as it was the case last year when he was out for 10-15 games. I just don't see the Warriors struggling if Draymond is out for 10-15 games.

cd98
01-13-2016, 10:36 PM
Who cares about the all star game?!?! We need him to have a great game to beat the Cavs. While I think we can exploit some matchups with GS, I think the Cavs, when healthy, match up well against us. This is going to be a tight game because both teams want to show everyone their the best and both teams have clutch performers in the big lights.

tonight...you
01-14-2016, 12:06 AM
I've thought about that, I can see it causing issues in house, if a player felt he deserved recognition and then didn't get any votes.. maybe he would feel unappreciated by his staff? Situations like that, with today's diva attractions seems like it would be an issue. Otherwise yea, fan voting definitely doesn't make much sense for all categories.
Good point. The vote would have to be anonymous, but there are always leaks, somehow... or speculation called "leaks", or "sources".
It's just so hard to validate such voting by these people who, for the most part, have no idea what is truly going on.

Mnky
01-14-2016, 12:11 AM
Pretty stupid response considering Draymond is not a flashy player. Draymond is costing off the popularity of being associated with Curry that's pretty much all there is to it. Again you are deflecting Draymond is not the best player on the Warriors that is Curry whereas Kawhi is the best player on the Spurs. There is simply no comparison. If Kawhi ever gets injured and is out for a period of time the Spurs will struggle as it was the case last year when he was out for 10-15 games. I just don't see the Warriors struggling if Draymond is out for 10-15 games.

Pretty stupid response considering everything.

Just kidding, don't get upset.
Draymond has been awesome the last month, people arguing otherwise, are probably not watching the games. He stands out on his team, and is usually the one who gets them back on top when they start slipping. It's not a coincidence ESPN has been showing more love to green than curry lately, green has been going off. He has played amazing, on both ends of the court.

The spurs would miss Kawhi, yea, no doubt. Would they miss him as much as the warriors miss Green? Spurfan vision is being blurred by their favoritism. The spurs bench differential is amazing this year. The spurs are winning by 20 pts a game on a regular basis. Let's take that Kawhi 20ppg average and they're still winning. :lol
Obviously he's the best defensive player of the NBA, but that's not what the all star game is about. Kawhi is a top 5 player, green isn't (in my opinion). Green still flashed much more than Kawhi in December. This the change in votes. Its not hard to correlate the two.

For future reference, giving reason for proposed statements, is not deflecting, it's called supporting.

daslicer
01-14-2016, 02:41 AM
Pretty stupid response considering everything.

Just kidding, don't get upset.
Draymond has been awesome the last month, people arguing otherwise, are probably not watching the games. He stands out on his team, and is usually the one who gets them back on top when they start slipping. It's not a coincidence ESPN has been showing more love to green than curry lately, green has been going off. He has played amazing, on both ends of the court.

The spurs would miss Kawhi, yea, no doubt. Would they miss him as much as the warriors miss Green? Spurfan vision is being blurred by their favoritism. The spurs bench differential is amazing this year. The spurs are winning by 20 pts a game on a regular basis. Let's take that Kawhi 20ppg average and they're still winning. :lol
Obviously he's the best defensive player of the NBA, but that's not what the all star game is about. Kawhi is a top 5 player, green isn't (in my opinion). Green still flashed much more than Kawhi in December. This the change in votes. Its not hard to correlate the two.

For future reference, giving reason for proposed statements, is not deflecting, it's called supporting.

Green is flashy really I haven't seen any youtube Green mixes out there or Green highlight reels. Again his popularity is due to association with Curry and not FLASH. Green is having a good season but don't give me that shit about flash. Flashy players are guys who are either super athletic like Griffin,Westbrook,Lebron, or guys who do amazing tricks on the court like Curry. Draymond is neither. I think the correct term to describe Draymond is hype and yes ESPN has given him a lot of hype this month.

Also you can't just assume the spurs still win those games if you take away Kawhi's 20 points the spurs still win games due to their large margin of victory this month. Kawhi is one of the major reason they are winning by huge margins without his production the games would be close and result in more losses. The bench would have to over exert itself without Kawhi so your logic is very faulty when it comes to that argument. Your logic is like basically telling someone "Hey your body doesn't need its Kidneys it can function without it the other organs will be able to take its place ."

UNT Eagles 2016
01-14-2016, 10:16 AM
I think Dray Dray deserves it more, he's the most complete utility player in the NBA that we've seen in a LONG time.

Mr. 1-7/7 points/1 assist/3 turnovers in 35 minutes can ride the pine.

loveforthegame
01-14-2016, 11:47 AM
Leonard just came off an historic month posting a 50-50-90. Let's not act like his 1-7 night against Detroit has been the norm for him this season.

Rain Man
01-14-2016, 11:55 AM
Kawhi will be an all star. You guys just have to get off the starter train. He won't be on it. The problem is San Antonians are just too damn lazy. Either that or their greasy sausage fingers keep slipping and they have been voting for Meyers Leonard. Either way, he is going to be a sub.

Mnky
01-14-2016, 05:00 PM
Green is flashy really I haven't seen any youtube Green mixes out there or Green highlight reels. Again his popularity is due to association with Curry and not FLASH. Green is having a good season but don't give me that shit about flash. Flashy players are guys who are either super athletic like Griffin,Westbrook,Lebron, or guys who do amazing tricks on the court like Curry. Draymond is neither. I think the correct term to describe Draymond is hype and yes ESPN has given him a lot of hype this month.

Also you can't just assume the spurs still win those games if you take away Kawhi's 20 points the spurs still win games due to their large margin of victory this month. Kawhi is one of the major reason they are winning by huge margins without his production the games would be close and result in more losses. The bench would have to over exert itself without Kawhi so your logic is very faulty when it comes to that argument. Your logic is like basically telling someone "Hey your body doesn't need its Kidneys it can function without it the other organs will be able to take its place ."

You seriously don't watch his games. The guy does things you would not expect a big boy to do. He has a ridiculous shot when he's hot, he makes full court perfect assists, gets big time blocks and dunks. Brings a lot of passion to the game, He plays at a very high level constantly, which is why I expect him to simmer in the playoffs tbh. They haven't had that short off season before, and then playing like this.. I duno if it's sustainable.

Anyway.. It's okay that you don't agree, anyone that actually watches the game, knows the dude is flashy tho, for the same reasons you described that makes someone flashy. You should seriously watch their games before acting like you know what you're talking about. Just my two cents.

bic50
01-14-2016, 05:39 PM
Leonard just came off an historic month posting a 50-50-90. Let's not act like his 1-7 night against Detroit has been the norm for him this season.

bic50
01-14-2016, 05:39 PM
Kawhi will be an all star. You guys just have to get off the starter train. He won't be on it. The problem is San Antonians are just too damn lazy. Either that or their greasy sausage fingers keep slipping and they have been voting for Meyers Leonard. Either way, he is going to be a sub.

:lol

Rain Man
01-14-2016, 05:47 PM
You seriously don't watch his games. The guy does things you would not expect a big boy to do. He has a ridiculous shot when he's hot, he makes full court perfect assists, gets big time blocks and dunks. Brings a lot of passion to the game, He plays at a very high level constantly, which is why I expect him to simmer in the playoffs tbh. They haven't had that short off season before, and then playing like this.. I duno if it's sustainable.

Anyway.. It's okay that you don't agree, anyone that actually watches the game, knows the dude is flashy tho, for the same reasons you described that makes someone flashy. You should seriously watch their games before acting like you know what you're talking about. Just my two cents.

Finally! Someone with some sense. Spurfan just watches Spurs play and is oblivious to even great teams. Just like Lakerfan. So much in common and they don't even know it.

It's like the Pop and Lebron article. It's a mirror of Spurfan and Lakerfan. Spurfan is all scruffy and has a couple of taco and big red stains on their shirts but have 5 titles. Lakerfan has the dbag look and nothing between the ears but has 5 (recent) titles as well. Might as well just have sloppy gay sex together.

daslicer
01-14-2016, 08:31 PM

Actually I do watch the games and he's not flashy. He's an important part of what the Warriors do but I wouldn't say he's flashy. I said that in a previous post he's a good player but not better than Kawhi but then again your reading comprehension is garbage. Your definition of flashy means good player then Lamarcus is also flashy by your retarded logic. Again current players that are flashy in the nba I would say is Wesbrook,Griffin,Irving when healthy, Curry,Lebron. I don't see how Draymond is flashy like those guys. I think the majority of people would agree with me but again I'm tired of arguing with you so I'm done.

loveforthegame
01-14-2016, 08:33 PM
That Leonard defense. :worthy:

Mnky
01-14-2016, 11:04 PM
Finally! Someone with some sense. Spurfan just watches Spurs play and is oblivious to even great teams. Just like Lakerfan. So much in common and they don't even know it.

It's like the Pop and Lebron article. It's a mirror of Spurfan and Lakerfan. Spurfan is all scruffy and has a couple of taco and big red stains on their shirts but have 5 titles. Lakerfan has the dbag look and nothing between the ears but has 5 (recent) titles as well. Might as well just have sloppy gay sex together.

That's a good comparison for spurfan on this board. It's crazy how delusional they just because someone is a spur. People literally thought splitter was a better for the spurs than LMA. :lol

Atl Spur
01-14-2016, 11:33 PM
Welcome to the Kawhiian Island Mr. James!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/Kawhiian-Island-1435164310117755/

midnightpulp
01-14-2016, 11:34 PM
Made a big case tonight. Played a great all-around game.

ElNono
TNT surely hyped the shit out of him

Atl Spur
https://www.facebook.com/Kawhiian-Island-1435164310117755/

raybies
01-14-2016, 11:35 PM
Made a big case tonight. Played a great all-around game.

Chuck hyping him up helped too no doubt

Atl Spur
01-15-2016, 12:09 AM
Once Kyle Anderson can get some confidence........watch out league! He just seems uncomfortable to me out there. Simmons, Anderson,Beast (leonard) is a nice core.

Kawhitstorm
01-15-2016, 12:19 AM
Kobrick's achilles might snap before February so Draymond/Kawhi might BOTH start.:toast

Spurtacular
01-15-2016, 01:27 AM
I don't care how many triple doubles Raymond puts up in the Warriors inflated regular season offense; Kawhi looks like the best player in the league, and it'd be an embarrassment for him to not be starting.

bic50
01-15-2016, 09:29 AM
I don't care how many triple doubles Raymond puts up in the Warriors inflated regular season offense; Kawhi looks like the best player in the league, and it'd be an embarrassment for him to not be starting.