PDA

View Full Version : Patty Mills is shooting 24% from the field ( 30% 3PT) in 2016

spursistan
01-12-2016, 11:39 PM
Just another Spur who broke his shot god knows where and how :sleep..

Makes you share TD 21 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=17781)'s fretting about the team need for another volume 3 point shooter now that Kawhi is coming back down to earth..

dabom
01-12-2016, 11:41 PM
Patty Mills is straight cash money in the playoffs.

MultiTroll
01-12-2016, 11:43 PM
Got to wonder if the surgery did jack him up.
If it's all mental, then ya what is going on with him and Green?

bic50
01-12-2016, 11:46 PM
Got to wonder if the surgery did jack him up.
If it's all mental, then ya what is going on with him and Green?

That's right. He hasn't been the same since that surgery.

jehawk81
01-12-2016, 11:48 PM
Patty Mills is straight cash money in the playoffs.

Stfu already, no one wants to see u post anymore

Mr. Body
01-12-2016, 11:48 PM
It's a surprise when a shot goes in.

dabom
01-12-2016, 11:50 PM
That's right. He hasn't been the same since that surgery.

:lol

RD2191
01-12-2016, 11:51 PM
Mills has always been trash. Chucker and a shit defender.

Sean Cagney
01-13-2016, 12:03 AM
He had a bad year last year because of that injury but this year he is just flat out shooting horrible.

Kawhitstorm
01-13-2016, 12:39 AM
TBH, Patty/Danny need to lock themselves in the GYM during the all-star break & put up as many shots as possible. Wouldn't mind Simmons/Fathead/Ray crashing the party. Manu on the other hand should just chill & save his legs.

timtonymanu
01-13-2016, 12:57 AM
His shot looked broken last year but not in the playoffs.

Not worried about Patty right now.

SpursIndonesia
01-13-2016, 01:11 AM
Patty is shitty shooting wise away from home, and lately has been in a slump. I hope he can regain his shooting touch soon, because we are going to need it as the competition getting tougher.

Kawhitstorm
01-13-2016, 01:12 AM
Patty is shitty shooting wise away from home, and lately has been in a slump. I hope he can regain his shooting touch soon, because we are going to need it as the competition getting tougher.

He has been terrible on defense too, I wouldn't mind experimenting w/ Ray just like Simmons.

tmtcsc
01-13-2016, 01:22 AM
Numbers don't lie but his shooting hasn't seemed that bad to me. Winning can do that.

SAGirl
01-13-2016, 01:27 AM
TBH, Patty/Danny need to lock themselves in the GYM during the all-star break & put up as many shots as possible. Wouldn't mind Simmons/Fathead/Ray crashing the party.
I am with you. :lol

ceperez
01-13-2016, 06:10 AM
Several games now, Patty isn't shooting out of rhythm. He may be thinking too much because his shot isn't as fluid as it used to be.

It's not like he's just missing shots, they are off the mark.

Green seems to have the same problem. Wide open shot and he misses badly. However a shot where he's covered, he makes it.

What sets GSW apart is that every 3 point shot is a good shot. Spurs need to have a mind set that if they are open at the 3 that they need to make use of that opportunity. Teams that are desperate to win have that mentality. That's why you see teams that are trailing knock in a lot of 3's when they didn't even bother to try the entire game.

Oh well.... still got a lot of time to fix.

100%duncan
01-13-2016, 06:14 AM
Yeah 2016. We have had like what 5 games?

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-13-2016, 08:35 AM
Please. Mills is in a shooting slump. Everyone goes through it. I remember last year there was like a 10 game spell where Manu couldn't hit the side of a barn. He just resorted to passing and was like avg 6 apg during that stretch.

Green has been shooting better the past couple of weeks, so yeah, its making up for Mills slump. And also Diaw has been scoring the ball more as a result. The thing is, the Spurs have so many weapons they aren't reliant on one player. Kawhi has 7 points last night and the Spurs still won by 10.

Quit bitching about players. First TP, then West, then Green, now Mills. TP is having a great season thus far (has a few moments were he reverts back to old TP ways, Knicks game). West is finally in playing shape and has been playing very well this past month. Green seems to coming out of his slump this past week. Just like these guys, Mills will break out of his slump as well.

Old School 44
01-13-2016, 08:53 AM
Unfortunately, a teams 3-ball shooting can be like a teams free throws. I've seen games where a team comes out and misses their first few free throws, next thing you know the whole team has the "yips" and have a poor shooting night at the line. Hopefully, this doesn't spread throughout the team and Patty and Danny can get back to knocking down threes more consistently.