PDA

View Full Version : Games like the past two nights

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-13-2016, 08:44 AM
Games like the past two nights were games the Spurs lost last year. Knicks storming back from a double digit decifit and almost beating the Spurs, happen last year.

Pistons coming back from 18 points down to cut it to five. Funny thing is, its the same exact lead the Spurs blew back in SA last year. The announcers were saying the Spurs went 4-10 before finishing 5-12 in 4th quarter. That's nothing, the Spurs went 2 for freaking 11 last year against the Piston down the stretch and 2-9 in the last 50 seconds of that game before it went to OT. That game is the one game I never forgot from last season.

Games like these were the reason the Spurs weren't the 2nd seed last year. Winning games like these this year is the reason the Spurs are going to be at least the 2nd seed this year.

34-6. I'll out on a limb and say the Spurs win on Thurs for payback for last year and Irving doesn't go off for 50+ points. If anyone said the Spurs would be 35-6 at the midway point of the season, anyone would take that. And considering how many new players the Spurs have implemented in their rotation, this is pretty awesome to have that record.

BillMc
01-13-2016, 08:46 AM
Games like the past two nights were games the Spurs lost last year. Knicks storming back from a double digit decifit and almost beating the Spurs, happen last year.

Pistons coming back from 18 points down to cut it to five. Funny thing is, its the same exact lead the Spurs blew back in SA last year. The announcers were saying the Spurs went 4-10 before finishing 5-12 in 4th quarter. That's nothing, the Spurs went 2 for freaking 11 last year against the Piston down the stretch and 2-9 in the last 50 seconds of that game before it went to OT. That game is the one game I never forgot from last season.

Games like these were the reason the Spurs weren't the 2nd seed last year. Winning games like these this year is the reason the Spurs are going to be at least the 2nd seed this year.

34-6. I'll out on a limb and say the Spurs win on Thurs for payback for last year and Irving doesn't go off for 50+ points. If anyone said the Spurs would be 35-6 at the midway point of the season, anyone would take that. And considering how many new players the Spurs have implemented in their rotation, this is pretty awesome to have that record.
:toast

look_at_g_shred
01-13-2016, 09:38 AM
In before product of an easy schedule, or Spurs are just beating teams because the nba is so weak this year. "They wouldn't have this record if they would have played the thunder/warriors/clips twice already."

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-13-2016, 10:05 AM
In before product of an easy schedule, or Spurs are just beating teams because the nba is so weak this year. "They wouldn't have this record if they would have played the thunder/warriors/clips twice already."

Probably not, and that is because they needed time to gel. But even then the ECF teams have been playing great of late. They have a 106-109 record against the West right now, best in YEARS. Even Phillies 4 wins have come against WCF teams.

The the top ten teams out East have a 81-58 against the WCF. Spurs have an 8-2 record against those teams thus far. Could be 9-2 tomorrow. Two loses came against Tor and Chi on the road.

Its not like the Spurs have had a completely easy schedule. But in a couple of weeks the Spurs have a tough stretch. We will see what they are truly are made of.

turb0time
01-13-2016, 10:11 AM
That Simmons denial on the Big Banger dunk was :wow. My God, this team is stacked.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-13-2016, 10:17 AM

You have that one all wrong, lol. Our largest 2nd half lead was 7 points at the beginning of the 2nd half... it was the Spurs who rallied from 10 down late in the 3rd, the Pistons led most of the 4th, and that game didn't go into OT.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-13-2016, 10:28 AM
You have that one all wrong, lol. Our largest 2nd half lead was 7 points at the beginning of the 2nd half... it was the Spurs who rallied from 10 down late in the 3rd, the Pistons led most of the 4th, and that game didn't go into OT.

http://www.nba.com/games/20150106/DETSAS/gameinfo.html?ls=eref:google:1b:post

They had an 18 point lead in the 1st quarter. Then they had a 7 point lead with like 50 seconds to go, 104-97. The reason the Piston came back was they missed a ton of FTs down the stretch. You're right the the game didn't go to OT, but it was an epic meltdown by the Spurs. I forgot the game ended with a TO by the Spurs, but it probably wouldn't have made difference as they were choking their FTs at that point anyways.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-13-2016, 10:31 AM
http://www.nba.com/games/20150106/DETSAS/gameinfo.html?ls=eref:google:1b:post

They had an 18 point lead in the 1st quarter. Then they had a 7 point lead with like 50 seconds to go, 104-97. The reason the Piston came back was they missed a ton of FTs down the stretch. You're right the the game didn't go to OT, but it was an epic meltdown by the Spurs. I forgot the game ended with a TO by the Spurs, but it probably wouldn't have made difference as they were choking their FTs at that point anyways.
Click the "play-by-play" tab. We never had more than a 3 point lead in the 4th quarter.

Shoot again.

JeffDuncan
01-13-2016, 10:34 AM
That Simmons denial on the Big Banger dunk was :wow. ...

You are rightness itself. It was a stellar block. Cosmological.

And the OP speaks truth. The Spurs might very well have lost that game last year.

SouthernFried
01-13-2016, 10:47 AM
Good observation (and that's serious fan there, lol.) And very true.

And just for the record...Warriors had just as easy a schedule as the Spurs. And I think the rest of the way is just as hard as the Spurs, maybe harder.

SouthernFried
01-13-2016, 10:49 AM
That Simmons denial on the Big Banger dunk was :wow. My God, this team is stacked.

I don't think I've seen a better block...ever. That was amazing.

Simmons always seems to hang in the air longer than physics would normally allow. He'll just hang there and wait for opponents to do things first before committing to his move...while hanging...in the air...contemplating
...lol

SAGirl
01-13-2016, 02:01 PM
Good post cowboy. I'll point out that Lamarcus show ed up for these games. It's a big difference to have him for sure.
:bobo

GSH
01-13-2016, 02:08 PM

You're dead-on. And in most seasons, it would mean the Spurs are the #1 seed, not #2. Can't do anything about the Dubs until the playoffs. We'll see if the Spurs record suffers any from the tougher second half schedule. But that game last night is one that they could have lost easily, and they scrapped it out. The Pistons didn't lose it - the Spurs players too it away from them.

Good points, good thread.

hater
01-13-2016, 02:10 PM
Spurs just have a couple of more gears this season. Last season we barely had 5 gears. Thus season we possibly have 7 gears like a goddamed race car

raybies
01-13-2016, 02:48 PM
Spurs running a clinic on how to integrate players

Nathan89
01-13-2016, 02:53 PM
Is definitely nice to see LMA hit some big shots from mid-range distance.