PDA

View Full Version : finally watched Mad Max Fury Road

hater
01-13-2016, 02:14 PM
Holy shit! What a baddass movie.

Sure I was pretty blazed and maybe that helped tbh. What an old fashioned kick ass road movie tbqh. The part of the big car with the drummers and the guitar dude blew my mind like no recent movie. I think most recent movie that ble my mind like that was 3D gravity tbh.

Gonna watch it again today in blu ray mode and full blast volume.

leemajors
01-13-2016, 02:48 PM
:tu

Mitch
01-13-2016, 03:27 PM
:td

Boogie Munster
01-13-2016, 10:34 PM
Best movie of 2015 :bobo

benefactor
01-13-2016, 10:36 PM
Yep...louder and bigger the screen the better. Saw it three times in the theater.

Avante
01-13-2016, 10:46 PM
One of the best..........LOUD, BANG, CLANG, A LOT OF NOISE, ACTION, BOOM~~~~~~~~~~ movies ever. Great stuff if that's where ya wanted to go, and I did.

Jacob1983
01-14-2016, 01:14 AM
Guitar player barbarian is epic.

The movie should get nominated for Best Picture.

And I have said this before but Charlize Theron looked sexy as hell with the shaved head and the grease on her face.

Reck
01-14-2016, 01:18 AM
Best movie? LOL

There is no substance to this movie other than explosions, car fights and violence. There is so much you can take away from that.

Its an entertaining movie but far from oscar worthy.

If we were to hand awards for movies like this than Michael Bay would be one bad ass motherfucker.

Also, 300 should have win an oscar. Bad ass movie

Avante
01-14-2016, 02:57 AM
Best movie? LOL

There is no substance to this movie other than explosions, car fights and violence. There is so much you can take away from that.

If we were to hand awards for movies like this than Michael Bay would be one bad ass motherfucker.

King Kong in 1933 is the best movie ever made about a giant ape. That's what it is. It's not to be confused with anything else. If you aren't into giant apes................

hater
01-14-2016, 08:37 AM
Best movie? LOL

Not every movie needs to be gone with the wind tbqh.

I can't think of anything I could have done to make this movie better. Aside from showing those chicks completely naked the whole movie of course.

This movie runs circles around star wars or the hunger shit games. This movie is a masterpiece and will be a cult movie for the rest of history. It's almost a perfect movie. Needed some naked chick scenes imo and ot would be top 10 movie in history

hater
01-14-2016, 08:39 AM
This movie reminds me of Flash Gordon. Same kind of over the top avant garde style.

Boogie Munster
01-14-2016, 08:58 AM
Well it got nominated for best picture along with Director, Visual Effects, Sound Editing, cinematography, and more. Even if they lose, it's huge they even got nominated for a balls to the wall action movie.

Reck
01-14-2016, 09:13 AM
Not every movie needs to be gone with the wind tbqh.

I can't think of anything I could have done to make this movie better. Aside from showing those chicks completely naked the whole movie of course.

This movie runs circles around star wars or the hunger shit games. This movie is a masterpiece and will be a cult movie for the rest of history. It's almost a perfect movie. Needed some naked chick scenes imo and ot would be top 10 movie in history

You'll get no arguements from me about this movie being 10x better than Star Wars and hunger games. It is.

But this year's contenders for best movie is stout. (Serious, hard hitting themes)

I think it's The Revenant and everyone else.

Leo should also get best actor but seem as how it's the oscars, he'll get cucked again.

AlexJones
01-14-2016, 09:42 AM
DiCaprio's getting cucked by that autistic little fag Redmayne

Thread
01-14-2016, 12:41 PM
Best movie? LOL

Not with a gun to their heads.

We're (whites/conservatives) just lucky the gd thing got onto celluloid & screen.

hater
01-14-2016, 01:18 PM
You'll get no arguements from me about this movie being 10x better than Star Wars and hunger games. It is.

But this year's contenders for best movie is stout. (Serious, hard hitting themes)

I think it's The Revenant and everyone else.

Leo should also get best actor but seem as how it's the oscars, he'll get cucked again.

Watching the Revenant tomorrow. Will post my thoughts on where it stacks then.

Btw I never said Mad Max should b movie of the year but its definitely in the top 5

in2deep
01-14-2016, 04:42 PM
Guitar player barbarian is epic.

lefty
01-15-2016, 10:27 AM
Fuck I have yet to watch it

BRB downloading

leemajors
01-15-2016, 11:56 AM
fury road had way more substance than 300, unless your idea of substance is lots of ripped shirtless dudes.

Xevious
01-15-2016, 06:15 PM
300 sucked.

As for Fury Road, I admit that I just don't get it. It's certainly well made. But I get action fatigued before too long and I lose interest. I've tried watching it twice.

chunticakes
01-15-2016, 07:23 PM
300 sucked.

As for Fury Road, I admit that I just don't get it. It's certainly well made. But I get action fatigued before too long and I lose interest. I've tried watching it twice.

I agree. I saw it once in theaters and while it was entertaining it didn't stay with me like other films I've seen.

I will admit, yesterday we were drunk and high at a friend's house and Fury Road was on. The graphics were seemingly better than I recall them being in the theater. :lol

hater
01-16-2016, 10:29 AM
Saw Revenant. Good moví. Well made. But it definitely not in another league as Mad Max. Both are about at the same level.

Revenant reminded me of Johnny Depps Dead Man. Imo it pays homage to that even to the main characters fur coat.

Revenant is very slow. Especially towards the end. It just slugs on for 2 and 1/2 hours. And the last part seems rushed and doesn't fit in with the rest of the movie. K give it 3 and 1/2 stars.

Mad Max gets 3 and 1/2 stars from me too.. I'll go ahead and say Mad Max is a hair better overall movie.

Also Dicaprios performance was not all that. I hope he doesn't win the Oscar as he doesn't deserve it this time.

jeebus
01-16-2016, 10:37 AM
300 hasn't aged well. I tried watching it again a few months ago...turned that bag of horse shit right off the tv. Though I can see why guys with hardcore gay fantasies would enjoy it.

Kim Jong-il
01-16-2016, 12:05 PM
Saw Revenant. Good moví. Well made. But it definitely not in another league as Mad Max. Both are about at the same level.

Revenant reminded me of Johnny Depps Dead Man. Imo it pays homage to that even to the main characters fur coat.

Revenant is very slow. Especially towards the end. It just slugs on for 2 and 1/2 hours. And the last part seems rushed and doesn't fit in with the rest of the movie. K give it 3 and 1/2 stars.

Mad Max gets 3 and 1/2 stars from me too.. I'll go ahead and say Mad Max is a hair better overall movie.

Also Dicaprios performance was not all that. I hope he doesn't win the Oscar as he doesn't deserve it this time.
Wasn't particularly impressed by DiCaprio either. He wasn't bad, but his performance was basically the same as the guy from Mel Gibson's Jesus movie. Is it really Oscar worthy to watch a guy get the shit kicked out him for 2 hours? Nowhere near Leo's best performance, but he'll win because "it's his time" which is bullshit.

InRareForm
01-16-2016, 04:06 PM
Overrated movie. I need a plot.

~O~
01-16-2016, 10:15 PM
I agree. I saw it once in theaters and while it was entertaining it didn't stay with me like other films I've seen.

I will admit, yesterday we were drunk and high at a friend's house and Fury Road was on. The graphics were seemingly better than I recall them being in the theater. :lol
:lol

Pauly D
01-16-2016, 10:37 PM
Overrated movie. I need a plot.

It had a plot. It doesn't have to have deep themes or be relatable but it easily had enough to make you invested in the action and keep it moving while making sense

Reck
01-16-2016, 11:08 PM
It had a plot. It doesn't have to have deep themes or be relatable but it easily had enough to make you invested in the action and keep it moving while making sense

The "plot" consisted of getting 3 chicks away from the baddie. That's lame.

And the only reason why that was even there was to set up the chase which is all this movie is about. It barely has a narrative.

Enjoyed it but its just dumb, mindless fun.

gambit1990
01-17-2016, 12:15 AM
loved it the first time but liked it less the second. just wasn't as thrilling i guess. then again, i bet most things are more thrilling the first time :lol

Pauly D
01-17-2016, 01:40 AM

And the only reason why that was even there was to set up the chase which is all this movie is about. It barely has a narrative.

Name any movie and I'll sum it up in the same stupid, simplistic way you just did.

Reck
01-17-2016, 01:50 AM
Name any movie and I'll sum it up in the same stupid, simplistic way you just did.

Are you really going to argue that point you fucking homosexual?

This movie is basically car chase, no plot 95% of the movie. That's a hardcore fact for you.

There are a lot of movies like these, nothing wrong with that but for you to say name any movie and I'll apply the same rules is idiotic.

hater
01-17-2016, 09:30 AM

Dicapuchino gets attacked by a bear.that's lame.

He survives to avenge the murder of his son. Which takes 2 hours. :rolleyes

Reck
01-17-2016, 09:53 AM
Dicapuchino gets attacked by a bear.that's lame.

He survives to avenge the murder of his son. Which takes 2 hours. :rolleyes

Its like an old western...on ice.

It was a good one. Better one.

Reck
01-17-2016, 09:56 AM
As a matter of fact, I will reccomend you to watch this one on Netflix. You'll thank me later..

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/61/The_Dark_Valley_poster.jpg

Pauly D
01-17-2016, 11:03 AM
Are you really going to argue that point you fucking homosexual?

This movie is basically car chase, no plot 95% of the movie. That's a hardcore fact for you.

There are a lot of movies like these, nothing wrong with that but for you to say name any movie and I'll apply the same rules is idiotic.

Do you really have such a shallow definition of "plot", you fucking pleb? The story and characters evolve throughout. It doesn't take calm, pure dialogue scenes to create a plot. It's a shame so many morons like you were distracted by the pretty colors and explosions

Pauly D
01-17-2016, 11:05 AM
This isn't a Revenant thread, you stupid fucks

I'm outta here till after I see it tomorrow

SpursforSix
01-17-2016, 12:01 PM
This isn't a Revenant thread, you stupid fucks

I'm outta here till after I see it tomorrow

Don't forget your ear horn and spectacles.

Capt Bringdown
01-17-2016, 12:03 PM
I couldn't get past the hollow, stilted and utterly unconvincing voice-over in the exposition.

Reck
01-17-2016, 09:08 PM
Do you really have such a shallow definition of "plot", you fucking pleb? The story and characters evolve throughout. It doesn't take calm, pure dialogue scenes to create a plot. It's a shame so many morons like you were distracted by the pretty colors and explosions

:lol

I like Mad Max. But let's not make it out to be some masterpiece movie like The Godfather or Memento.

Fury Road is a glorified parade with crashes and fire. Kind of like NASCAR on crack. :lol

hater
01-17-2016, 11:55 PM
Nobody said it was at that level tbh.

But lets be honest. The Revenant is not at that level at all either.

The revenant is a bit lame and wont age well. Like Eastwoods Unforgiven

Pauly D
01-18-2016, 07:38 PM
They could've done away with about half of the dream sequences and the ending was underwhelming and kinda generic. Still really good tho

hater
01-19-2016, 07:59 AM
Agreed

Pick of Destiny
01-21-2016, 10:26 AM
Nobody said it was at that level tbh.

But lets be honest. The Revenant is not at that level at all either.

The revenant is a bit lame and wont age well. Like Eastwoods Unforgiven

:rolleyes These are man movies for sure. Unforgiven is a classic. The Revenant was very well done and if you were bored you didn't understand it. I've fallen asleep twice watching Fury Road.

Pauly D
01-21-2016, 12:25 PM
:rolleyes These are man movies for sure. Unforgiven is a classic. The Revenant was very well done and if you were bored you didn't understand it. I've fallen asleep twice watching Fury Road.

You're so cerebral

hater
01-21-2016, 12:35 PM

I loved Unforgiven. But I'm an old cuck

show that movie to a 20 year old emo faggot and he will say what the fuck is this shit?

IMO same thing will happen with Revenant

Reck
01-21-2016, 08:57 PM

show that movie to a 20 year old emo faggot and he will say what the fuck is this shit?

No wonder Pauly's favorite movies are The Lord of The Rings.

Faggot thinks those are the best movies ever made. Fucking millennials. :lmao

benefactor
01-21-2016, 10:15 PM

Unforgiven is awesome. One of my favorite "modern" westerns. Open Range is up there on my list too.

Pauly D
01-21-2016, 11:40 PM
No wonder Pauly's favorite movies are The Lord of The Rings.

Faggot thinks those are the best movies ever made. Fucking millennials. :lmao

You keep up with me enough to know I love LotR but not that I love Lawrence of Arabia or The Godfather or Ben Hur or Doctor Zhivago or The Graduate? Yeah, only fast paced and action packed for me, please!

Btw, I'm 26 and unless you're over 35 you're a millennial too, faggot

Reck
01-21-2016, 11:52 PM
You keep up with me enough to know I love LotR but not that I love Lawrence of Arabia or The Godfather or Ben Hur or Doctor Zhivago or The Graduate? Yeah, only fast paced and action packed for me, please!

Btw, I'm 26 and unless you're over 35 you're a millennial too, faggot

Dude, who could forget your old name where you sucked Jackson's cock on the daily here.

Who knew your name choosing could get worse? :lmao

BTW, registrations are open. Get a new one, fag.

Silver&Black
01-22-2016, 01:18 AM
Comes on tomorrow night (Fri.) on HBO...

For anybody who hasn't seen it already.

leemajors
01-22-2016, 08:08 AM
Unforgiven is awesome. One of my favorite "modern" westerns. Open Range is up there on my list too.

it's good, but almost a reworking of Pale Rider.

DisAsTerBot
01-22-2016, 02:41 PM
Dude, who could forget your old name where you sucked Jackson's cock on the daily here.

Who knew your name choosing could get worse? :lmao

BTW, registrations are open. Get a new one, fag.

:rollin