PDA

View Full Version : Man-law regulation of splitting/switching fandoms?

TrainOfThought5
01-14-2016, 02:57 PM
When, if ever, is it okay to switch/split fandoms.

A friend of mine switched from a Bucks fan (dont ask) to a Warriors fan 2 years ago. I think 20 years of terrible team play is a reason to call it quits, most marriages dont make it 3 years, tbh.

And now the raiders would/could possibly be moving to SA. I love SA. Born in SA. and am only a Cowboys fan because of the triplets (20 years ago). Would it be right to split fandom. Be a huge fan of cowboys in NFC and the Tex-Mex AFC Raiders?

Avante
01-14-2016, 03:16 PM

A friend of mine switched from a Bucks fan (dont ask) to a Warriors fan 2 years ago. I think 20 years of terrible team play is a reason to call it quits, most marriages dont make it 3 years, tbh.

And now the raiders would/could possibly be moving to SA. I love SA. Born in SA. and am only a Cowboys fan because of the triplets (20 years ago). Would it be right to split fandom. Be a huge fan of cowboys in NFC and the Tex-Mex AFC Raiders?

It is kinda funny, there I was...that damn Deion Sanders when he was a Cowboy to, alright Deion, when he was a Niner. If my Niners (my team since the early 60's) were to move I'd have a hard time keeping the faith. I want to brag on a Cali team, being a Cali-ite.

I like the Chiefs in the AFL/AFC, they are one of the more interesting teams if ya know the history. So when Joe Montana and Alex Smith left the Niners for the Chiefs...cool.

I'd become a SA Raider fan in your situation.

spurraider21
01-14-2016, 03:21 PM
i dont think it makes sense to ever switch teams/fandoms unless ur just a fan of the city and change teams upon relocation

your favorite team has such a strong emotional grip on you, i cant imagine just being like "ok i like this team now, bye"

then again most of us here are pretty die hard sports fans. casual fans can do casual things (aka most LA sports fans)

SpursforSix
01-14-2016, 03:41 PM

Perfect situation. Since you live in SA, you have the inherent right to root for the Raiders (if they move). But you also have your grandfathered Cowboy rooting rights since you've been with them for so long. At some point, you might have to choose but in the meantime, you can continue to root for the Cowboys and quietly trail the Raider bandwaggon and hop on should they become worth rooting for.

baseline bum
01-14-2016, 04:48 PM
I'll drop my first team of whoever is playing Dallas if the Raiders come tbh

chunticakes
01-14-2016, 07:08 PM
I'd switch to the SA Raiders lol. Too bad Jerry Jones will never allow it.

TrainOfThought5
01-14-2016, 10:48 PM
Perfect situation. Since you live in SA, you have the inherent right to root for the Raiders (if they move). But you also have your grandfathered Cowboy rooting rights since you've been with them for so long. At some point, you might have to choose but in the meantime, you can continue to root for the Cowboys and quietly trail the Raider bandwaggon and hop on should they become worth rooting for.

This sounds pretty good to me. Just need one or two great player personalities to fall in love with.

JoeTait75
01-14-2016, 11:02 PM
Never considered switching teams after the Browns went to Baltimore. I sure as hell wasn't going to root for the Bengals or the Steelers. Even had I not known the Browns would be coming back in '99, I don't even know if I would have adopted a team. For me it's Cleveland or nothing at all, in every sport.