PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Only 3 Games Behind Warriors With Season Half Over, Biatches

UNT Eagles 2016
01-14-2016, 11:13 PM
35–6, tied with 2010-11 for the best start through the first half of the season. :toast

Half the season to go... it's going to be a hell of a ride. Really impressed with the resiliency of this team, coming back to take charge of the game after being down 17 in the second quarter. Not quite "I love this team :cry" level, but I'm starting to like this team... a lot. Not even gonna complain if we lose one of the road games against Cleveland or Golden State later this month, because I'm finally confident in our team after tonight even though we didn't even play close to our best ball. Go Spurs Go!

:flag:

BanditHiro
01-14-2016, 11:14 PM
hopefully we go on our own 20+ game winning streak

SanAntonioSpurs23
01-14-2016, 11:16 PM
Op is a faggot

UNT Eagles 2016
01-14-2016, 11:16 PM
hopefully we go on our own 20+ game winning streak

Even if we don't, I'm f***ing proud of this team for showing grit and heart tonight. Looked a lot like 6, except Manu couldn't buy a kill shot. :bang

UNT Eagles 2016
01-14-2016, 11:17 PM
Op is a faggot

Why the hate? :(

Spurtacular
01-14-2016, 11:17 PM
Boasting about being behind? <Scoffs>

UNT Eagles 2016
01-14-2016, 11:19 PM
Boasting about being behind? <Scoffs>

Behind your wife's lady parts, tbh.

GSH
01-14-2016, 11:19 PM
Am I missing something? As of right now, the Spurs are 2 games behind. And this is the kind off night lightning could strike and the W's could lose to the Lakers. They just took a lead at the beginning of the 2nd quarter. It would be hilarious, and the Spurs would be 1 1/2 back.

rastaspur
01-14-2016, 11:21 PM
If shots were falling in the first half this could have turned into a 15 to 20 point win. There is no ceiling for this team. They keep improving and gelling and they could be one of the best teams ever come playoff time. The second half of this season is going to be amazing.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-14-2016, 11:22 PM
Am I missing something? As of right now, the Spurs are 2 games behind. And this is the kind off night lightning could strike and the W's could lose to the Lakers. They just took a lead at the beginning of the 2nd quarter. It would be hilarious, and the Spurs would be 1 1/2 back.

L column bro :toast

Trainwreck2100
01-14-2016, 11:23 PM
just want them keep the pressure on GS so they can't take any nights off, sooner or later they'll break.

SanAntonioSpurs23
Why the hate? :(

Wrong thread Nigga, my fault.

SpurPadre

Lol, Dubs aren't losing to the Lakers. They were up against us in the second quarter too and look how that ended up.

UNT Eagles 2016
If shots were falling in the first half this could have turned into a 15 to 20 point win. There is no ceiling for this team. They keep improving and gelling and they could be one of the best teams ever come playoff time. The second half of this season is going to be amazing.

As long as we keep holding serve at home... we don't have another tough one at home for quite awhile

Kawhitstorm
01-14-2016, 11:24 PM
Worriers getting cucked by the Lackers:lmao

UNT Eagles 2016
01-14-2016, 11:25 PM
Worriers getting cucked by the Lackers:lmao

2nd quarter bruh. But we can always hope for a vintage Kobe night :lol

r0drig0lac
01-14-2016, 11:26 PM

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/bobo.gif

Chinook
01-14-2016, 11:26 PM
Wait so OP is really GD27? That explains so much.

SAGirl
01-14-2016, 11:30 PM
35–6, tied with 2010-11 for the best start through the first half of the season. :toast

Half the season to go... it's going to be a hell of a ride. Really impressed with the resiliency of this team, coming back to take charge of the game after being down 17 in the second quarter. Not quite "I love this team :cry" level, but I'm starting to like this team... a lot. Not even gonna complain if we lose one of the road games against Cleveland or Golden State later this month, because I'm finally confident in our team after tonight even though we didn't even play close to our best ball. Go Spurs Go!

:flag:
I do remember you stating that as long as they got this win, you weren't going to complaint about shizz from anyone. Lived up to your word.
:bobo

GSH
01-14-2016, 11:31 PM
L column bro :toast

LOL... then say that. Three games back in the loss column means something different than 3 games back. But, yeah, against a team that isn't losing hardly any games, you have to keep an eye on the L column difference.

Right now, though, the Dubs are thinking about that 2 games back. If it goes to 1 1/2, you can bet they would be hearing the footsteps. I know how bad the Lakers are, and that they need to tank to get that pick. But they would love to knock off Golden State. And all it would take is for Draymond to tweak an ankle, or Curry to get that leg hit. I'm not wishing for an injury, just saying that sometimes things fall together.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-14-2016, 11:35 PM
LOL... then say that. Three games back in the loss column means something different than 3 games back. But, yeah, against a team that isn't losing hardly any games, you have to keep an eye on the L column difference.

Right now, though, the Dubs are thinking about that 2 games back. If it goes to 1 1/2, you can bet they would be hearing the footsteps. I know how bad the Lakers are, and that they need to tank to get that pick. But they would love to knock off Golden State. And all it would take is for Draymond to tweak an ankle, or Curry to get that leg hit. I'm not wishing for an injury, just saying that sometimes things fall together.

Yeah, with elite teams/at the top, you only ever focus on the L column because L's come at a high premium... this year is an extreme example, too. You can make up wins, but you can't un-lose games.

Some people will look at W column for the bubble teams and it depends... but I only really look at the W column if you're looking at a team going for draft position/ping pong balls, tbqh.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-14-2016, 11:36 PM
I do remember you stating that as long as they got this win, you weren't going to complaint about shizz from anyone. Lived up to your word.
:bobo
I always do. :toast

I won't even complain if we lose the one in Cleveland in a couple weeks. We got our 1/2 split which is enough to ask. Not gutless worms if we drop the one there... I don't think we've ever won on our Finals opponent's home court in the regular season in championship years, tbh.

Spurtacular
01-14-2016, 11:42 PM
Behind your wife's lady parts, tbh.

About being second best, tbtfh.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-14-2016, 11:44 PM
About being second best, tbtfh.

Oh. I thought you were calling me a homo with your first post ITT. Meh. Better 2nd best than to get cucked at home by LeCuck :lol

exstatic
01-14-2016, 11:47 PM
GS was supposed to rest Raymond both games of this B2B, but played him tonight because they lost last night.

LOL

UNT Eagles 2016
01-14-2016, 11:48 PM
GS was supposed to rest Raymond both games of this B2B, but played him tonight because they lost last night.

LOL
Still think Dray Dray deserves that spot over Kawhi, tbh.

jARS mEsH sEt
01-14-2016, 11:48 PM
ESPN just did a comparison between the 95-96 Bulls and the 15-16 Warriors side by side, except they totally used the Spurs point differential of +14.1 (which is what it was prior to tonight's Cavs game) instead of Golden State's point differential of +11 :lmao

UNT Eagles 2016
01-14-2016, 11:49 PM
ESPN just did a comparison between the 95-96 Bulls and the 15-16 Warriors side by side, except they totally used the Spurs point differential of +14.1 (which is what it was prior to tonight's Cavs game) instead of Golden State's point differential of +11 :lmao

Ours went down, theirs will most certainly go up after tonight. :bang

Kawhitstorm
01-14-2016, 11:49 PM
2nd quarter bruh. But we can always hope for a vintage Kobe night :lol

Curry getting shook by Clarkson & Russell/Clarkson/RandLe outplaying the Splash Bros/Draymond:lmao. If only Hibbert was half as good as Boban...:bang

Kawhitstorm
01-14-2016, 11:50 PM
Ours went down, theirs will most certainly go up after tonight. :bang

Lou Williams has been going off in the 2nd half the past couple of game so there is still hope as long as Kobrick doesn't start heroballin':lol

UNT Eagles 2016
01-14-2016, 11:52 PM
Lou Williams has been going off in the 2nd half the past couple of game so there is still hope as long as Kobrick doesn't start heroballin':lol
Hibbert is awful. Boban would have grabbed it and dunked it, maybe drawing a foul in the process. What ails Boban is when he's got a man on him and tries to back him in from 15 feet and ends up taking some awful turnaround hook shot.

Kawhitstorm
01-14-2016, 11:54 PM
Hibbert is awful. Boban would have grabbed it and dunked it, maybe drawing a foul in the process. What ails Boban is when he's got a man on him and tries to back him in from 15 feet and ends up taking some awful turnaround hook shot.

Boban just needs to work on his sky hook & he could one day lead the league in scoring.:lol

UNT Eagles 2016
01-14-2016, 11:55 PM
Boban just needs to work on his sky hook & he could one day lead the league in scoring.:lol

Or, simpler, just use his size and brute force to back the poor chap's ass down deep into the paint (using all body, no arms) and dunk the ball over his head. Like Shaq or something. Only he shoots 75% from the line instead of 50%.

Kawhitstorm
01-15-2016, 12:01 AM
Or, simpler, just use his size and brute force to back the poor chap's ass down deep into the paint (using all body, no arms) and dunk the ball over his head. Like Shaq or something. Only he shoots 75% from the line instead of 50%.

Boban has UPPER body strength rather than lower body strength & b/c of his height he doesn't have a low center of gravity. It's easier for him to seal then power-up rather than back his man down.

Kawhitstorm
01-15-2016, 12:23 AM
Curry might break the single game 3 point record against the Lakers shitty defense:lol

TheDoctor
01-15-2016, 12:32 AM

LOL

Actually that's really good. More wear and tear :king

$pursDynasty
01-15-2016, 12:37 AM
Actually that's really good. More wear and tear :king
So much for their incredible depth, they can't even rest a starter, against the Lakers at home. Those 40 point Dubs wins seem to be a thing of the past and their margin for error seems to be steadily declining.

TheDoctor
01-15-2016, 12:44 AM
So much for their incredible depth, they can't even rest a starter, against the Lakers at home. Those 40 point Dubs wins seem to be a thing of the past and their margin for error seems to be steadily declining.

Agreed. I can easily imagine Raymond almost imploring to play tho'. As Manu usually do.

It was said he was playing with some ankle soreness. Dunno how true that was. He seems fine.

spursistan
01-16-2016, 10:42 PM
2 games..starting to get interesting..

https://i.imgur.com/rJye5Cf.gif