PDA

View Full Version : Does Simmons replace Green in the starting line up this year?

Cklbmk
01-15-2016, 09:01 AM
Green doesn't look like an NBA caliber player this year tbh

100%duncan
01-15-2016, 09:06 AM
Green's confidnce is a big thing, benching him wont do you any good. Simmons as good as he has been, is still better at going against the bench of the other team. Im not sure why anyone thinks this, you're basically putting unnecessary pressure on both guys.

ceperez
01-15-2016, 09:14 AM
Problem with Simmons is that he has yet to have a reputation of being a credible threat at 3 point range.

This makes the starting lineup unable to space the floor.

Cklbmk
01-15-2016, 09:24 AM
Problem with Simmons is that he has yet to have a reputation of being a credible threat at 3 point range.

This makes the starting lineup unable to space the floor.

That would only effect a couple games if he keeps his 40% shooting

boutons_deux
01-15-2016, 09:32 AM
Simmons plays too much out of control. His physical talent surpass his BBIQ, and with Spurs BBIQ is more important than physical talent.

ceperez
01-15-2016, 09:36 AM
That would only effect a couple games if he keeps his 40% shooting

I would like him to play more minutes to build up that reputation.

wildbill2u
01-15-2016, 10:33 AM
I thought it was interesting that Pop put Simmons in for Green in the closing seconds when Cleveland was shooting FTs. It probably was just that Pop thought Simmons is quicker and can really sky so he might have a better chance if there is a rebound. But putting a rookie into that situation at the close of a close game used to be unthinkable. And there was another option in Boban for rebounding.

cd98
01-15-2016, 10:46 AM
Simmons won't replace Green. He's unproven and can be turnover prone. Green has been awful (and turnover prone), but he's had big games on big stages, so unless Simmons does something amazing over the last half of the season, Pop will stick with Green.

BackHome
01-15-2016, 04:39 PM
I don't know I was surprised when he put in Simmons when gave the ball up two times in a row. I wish Green the best but if he does not improve you will see his minutes being taken by Simmons or Carter. By saying that I don't think he will not start I just think Pop will not tolerate more days like yesterday