PDA

View Full Version : Lebron so happy after the game

SpursforSix
01-15-2016, 10:18 AM
If I'm a Cavs fan, I'd like to see him a little more upset after a road loss to a contender. He was all smiles, laughing and joking with the Spurs and Pop. Either he's putting on a show that it doesn't bother him or it really doesn't bother him. Either way, that's not the message I would want my team "leader" to convey.

Killakobe81
01-15-2016, 10:27 AM
If I'm a Cavs fan, I'd like to see him a little more upset after a road loss to a contender. He was all smiles, laughing and joking with the Spurs and Pop. Either he's putting on a show that it doesn't bother him or it really doesn't bother him. Either way, that's not the message I would want my team "leader" to convey.

agree. it seems like he has accepted they just cant beat the Spurs ... remember his explanation after he left the court after a series loss without shaking hands? has his competitive spirit died after the two rings?

coachmac87
01-15-2016, 10:29 AM
LeBron respects the Spurs more than any other team. It's ok to do that....you don't see him doing it with the Warriors lol

SpursFan86
01-15-2016, 10:38 AM
Might have something to do with the fact it's mid-January :lol

Mel_13
01-15-2016, 10:43 AM
Might have something to do with the fact it's mid-January :lol

Exactly. Lots of history between LeBron, Pop, and the Big 3. Cavs are still the overwhelming favorites to win the East. This game was a nice midseason treat, but it's ultimately meaningless for Cleveland and worth nothing more than one game in the standings to San Antonio.

vander
01-15-2016, 10:43 AM
Merely a regular season away game and they were probably just feeling out the spurs, looking for exploits and weaknesses. And after having found them, saw no reason to show their hand by trying to win the game.

SouthernFried
01-15-2016, 10:57 AM
Doesn't bother me. I like LeBron when he's smiling after a loss. Nice guy. :)

Still, I never understood why that is looked at inappropriately by so many. If you play well and still lose...well, you just gotta smile. Wtf does it hurt?

elbamba
01-15-2016, 11:00 AM
Can't fault a guy for enjoying a job that pays you so much to play a game. You can't question his desire during the game. He played hard.

Dex
01-15-2016, 11:03 AM
And then there's this:

http://i.imgur.com/EPX3W0O.png

hater
01-15-2016, 11:09 AM
Lebron is a 30 year old veteran. His days are numbered. Of course he's trying to enjoy the ride

Ocotillo
01-15-2016, 11:38 AM
When his skills begin to erode, maybe he can come down here and be a part of this.

Old School 44
01-15-2016, 11:43 AM
It's always interesting to see how the big three (and in particular Tim) and Pop are received by other teams/players after games. Maybe I'm just biased, because this is the team I watch the most, but I don't consistently see the same kind of respect in other games between other teams.

SpursforSix
01-15-2016, 11:44 AM
Lebron is a 30 year old veteran. His days are numbered. Of course he's trying to enjoy the ride

Yeah...I get that. But I think he sometimes misses the boat in his role as a leader. No doubt he works his ass off. But I think there are times when he doesn't recognize his other responsibilities. There was a sequence last night (and I've seen it in other games) where KI was trying to talk to him about a shot he took. That 3 that Manu got a piece of. It was obvious that LeBron wasn't happy with it but as KI was trying to talk to him about it, LeBron just ignored him. Instead of discussing it with him. He's done it before.

NameLess Scrub
01-15-2016, 12:15 PM
I think is good he did that instead of storming out of the court angry.

I don't like Lebron, but I thought that was nice. Hope it was sincere.

NameLess Scrub
01-15-2016, 12:17 PM
Yeah...I get that. But I think he sometimes misses the boat in his role as a leader. No doubt he works his ass off. But I think there are times when he doesn't recognize his other responsibilities. There was a sequence last night (and I've seen it in other games) where KI was trying to talk to him about a shot he took. That 3 that Manu got a piece of. It was obvious that LeBron wasn't happy with it but as KI was trying to talk to him about it, LeBron just ignored him. Instead of discussing it with him. He's done it before.

I noticed that too. Not sure if he ignored Irving, but he seemed uninterested.

NameLess Scrub
01-15-2016, 12:18 PM
When his skills begin to erode, maybe he can come down here and be a part of this.

I'd take him old and humbled :lol

GSH
01-15-2016, 12:23 PM

http://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/396/252/1252396.jpg

SpursforSix
01-15-2016, 12:29 PM
http://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/396/252/1252396.jpg

your mom is looking old

thiste
01-15-2016, 12:31 PM
It was funny seeing him hug and talk with Tim, then hug Manu, then almost ignoring Simmons passing by him and then seeing Tony and going to hug him.

lol

peacemaker885
01-15-2016, 12:39 PM
Lebron is probably the best pass first player ever in NBA history. IMO he gets too much flack because everything now is real time. I think he's the first of the new breed of super stars - nothing really to hate on them except that you can't beat them. Same with Steph Curry and his pals - Klay and Draymond - exceptional players without the usual premadonna persona. Did I mention Kawhi? I think this is just the way the NBA is going with its star players.

sasaint
01-15-2016, 12:45 PM
Lebron is probably the best pass first player ever in NBA history. IMO he gets too much flack because everything now is real time. I think he's the first of the new breed of super stars - nothing really to hate on them except that you can't beat them. Same with Steph Curry and his pals - Klay and Draymond - exceptional players without the usual premadonna persona. Did I mention Kawhi? I think this is just the way the NBA is going with its star players.

:downspin: Huh?!?!?! :nope

NameLess Scrub
01-15-2016, 01:38 PM
:downspin: Huh?!?!?! :nope

I think we might want to take Draymond out of that list :lol

Lebron: "I'm the best player in the world"

Tully365
01-15-2016, 01:52 PM
I've always liked LeBron, and never understood the criticism he gets. I'll take a LeBron personality over a Kevin Garnett Personality any day. Garnett gets a lot of praise for his "intensity," but he's still going to finish his career with fewer rings than "nice guys" like LeBron, Tim, & Kawhi...

exstatic
01-15-2016, 02:20 PM

Don't know what planet you're from, but Raymond is the biggest ass in the league. Klay also thinks WAY to highly of himself.

DPG21920
01-15-2016, 03:00 PM
agree. it seems like he has accepted they just cant beat the Spurs ... remember his explanation after he left the court after a series loss without shaking hands? has his competitive spirit died after the two rings?

Yes. That competitive spirit died as evidenced by him dragging the Cavs back to the finals last season and nearly winning it by himself. Seriously?

ceperez
01-15-2016, 04:44 PM

CIA Pop at work. Never agitate the opponent, better yet, make the opponent like you.

ceperez
01-15-2016, 04:47 PM
Merely a regular season away game and they were probably just feeling out the spurs, looking for exploits and weaknesses. And after having found them, saw no reason to show their hand by trying to win the game.

Indeed interesting if Cavs weren't showing their hand in the 2nd half.

Spurs exposed a weakness in their defense, that is Kevin Love unable to keep up with quicker players.

I wonder of course about the lack of motion in the Spurs offense. Were they also trying to hide their play?

ChumpDumper
01-15-2016, 04:47 PM
OP is full of shit, but it is noteworthy that James just seemed to enjoy the hell out of playing such a intense, hard fought but ultimately pretty clean game. Dude was embarrassed when he gave Duncan that rib-bruising chicken wing in the second half.

ceperez
01-15-2016, 04:50 PM

I agree with this. LeBron and them GSW are class acts.

r0drig0lac
01-15-2016, 04:52 PM
Yes. That competitive spirit died as evidenced by him dragging the Cavs back to the finals last season and nearly winning it by himself. Seriously?

skulls138
01-15-2016, 04:52 PM
If I'm a Cavs fan, I'd like to see him a little more upset after a road loss to a contender. He was all smiles, laughing and joking with the Spurs and Pop. Either he's putting on a show that it doesn't bother him or it really doesn't bother him. Either way, that's not the message I would want my team "leader" to convey.I would agree normally but not in this instance. The Cavs just got a devastating loss handed to them so the best thing to do is lighten up and forget about it.

skulls138
01-15-2016, 05:10 PM
Lebron is probably the best pass first player ever in NBA history. IMO he gets too much flack because everything now is real time. I think he's the first of the new breed of super stars - nothing really to hate on them except that you can't beat them. Same with Steph Curry and his pals - Klay and Draymond - exceptional players without the usual premadonna persona. Did I mention Kawhi? I think this is just the way the NBA is going with its star players.Ill take Magic or Bird anyday over Lebron. Those guys knew when the right time to pass and the right time to score was. Sometimes Lebrons passes look more like he doesnt want the responsibility of scoring. I dont hate on Lebron as a person though, I mean other than crowning himself King before stepping on an NBA court and the debacle of "the decision", not to mention saying he was going to win six championships, I like the guy, no sarcasm. What I dont like about him even today is his game. It lacks fundamentals. Hes a phenom physically in strength and speed but doesnt post up and he gives up the dribble too easily and jacks up fade away threes with plenty of time on the clock. He wants to be the leader but doesnt want to do the hard stuff. IMO he couldve used some college ball experience

exstatic
01-15-2016, 06:54 PM
It was funny seeing him hug and talk with Tim, then hug Manu, then almost ignoring Simmons passing by him and then seeing Tony and going to hug him.

lol

He really only spoke to the BigThree plus Kawhi. I not sure he knows many of the other players except maybe Boris and Patty.

100%duncan
01-15-2016, 07:30 PM
Good thing you are not a cavs fan then.

tholdren
01-15-2016, 08:56 PM

Cause he and green are going clubbin

soxxx
01-16-2016, 12:36 AM
Yes. That competitive spirit died as evidenced by him dragging the Cavs back to the finals last season and nearly winning it by himself. Seriously?Lebron is a monster, the guy gives it 100%, plays nearly the whole game, plays both sides of the court, defends very good, distributes the ball, rebounds, etc.

People need to realize it is a team game.

cutewizard
01-16-2016, 10:52 AM
i really dont get it why people idolize lebron

he is nothing .....

example, physically he is nothing compared to Chamberlain or Sabonis

mentally, Da Vinci and Jose Rizal of the Philippines say HI

spiritually, lets not even get into it.....its beyond the brains of lebron

so what is lebron??

here is the answer:

LEBRON JAMES IS ANOTHER DOG WHO SHALL BE FORGOTTEN IN A HUNDRED YEARS!

PERIOD. END OF STORY.

Russo21
01-16-2016, 11:11 AM
LeBron is gracious in defeat, especially to Tim Duncan. It's one loss out of an 82 game season, you can't get all super pissed off after each loss or a player will go insane. It's good to be humble in defeat and he has a great history with Pop, Duncan and the Spurs. Watched plenty of Spurs losses where TD and Pop are all gracious in defeat. They are adults, not school kids. Also LeBron respects Tim and Pop greatly, he loves playing against the Spurs, win or lose, as it is such good competition played the right way. Would you prefer Bron to walk off the court with fumes coming out of his head all pissed off? He's a grown man. It's January and a great team lost to a great team, It's the way it is. Plus, if they both don't make it to the finals, Bron knows this very well may be the second last time he ever goes head to head with the Great Big Man. Why be pissed?