PDA

View Full Version : I'm behind Parker

FkLA
01-15-2016, 10:20 AM
The Frenchman is ballin and the Spurs need him, it's undeniable at this point. Looks rejuvenated and is actually busting his ass on defense...the scoring was nice but his defense yesterday is why he won me over. As a sign of good faith I will no longer exclusively refer to him as Rique/Enrique.

Here's to him staying healthy and being a major contributor to 6. :bobo

DisAsTerBot
01-15-2016, 10:23 AM
is this real life?

jag
01-15-2016, 10:27 AM
:cry so much class :cry

littlecoyotecoin
01-15-2016, 10:31 AM
Parker's behind you. Givin' it to you hard in each game.

$pursDynasty
01-15-2016, 10:31 AM
The Frenchman is ballin and the Spurs need him, it's undeniable at this point. Looks rejuvenated and is actually busting his ass on defense...the scoring was nice but his defense yesterday is why he won me over. As a sign of good faith I will no longer exclusively refer to him as Rique/Enrique.

Wow, if you are being sincere I am very impressed (if not, well played). Nice to see all of ST band together against the world (the rest of the NBA and the media covering it) as the Spurs return to the mountain top. Valid criticism is valuable, while trolling and bashing while good for a few laughs never really raises the bar or changes minds.

SpursFan86
01-15-2016, 10:35 AM
I don't even care about calling him Enrique, or even Porker :lol Just enough with the incessant bashing and thread-making every time he does something you don't like. Hell, make an "Official Porker is freezing out Kawhi" thread and just bump it every time you think he's holding Kawhi back. Would rather have that than new threads about the same thing every game.

TXstbobcat
01-15-2016, 10:40 AM
I loved his comment in the interview after the game that he only cares about winning championships.

$pursDynasty
01-15-2016, 10:41 AM
I don't even care about calling him Enrique, or even Porker :lol Just enough with the incessant bashing and thread-making every time he does something you don't like. Hell, make an "Official Porker is freezing out Kawhi" thread and just bump it every time you think he's holding Kawhi back. Would rather have that than new threads about the same thing every game.
If there was just one thread that got bumped every time MVParker did something people didn't like it would be 3 times larger than that silly Jimmer thread I can't believe keeps growing, and growing. :bangThat being said better one giant thread you can choose to avoid like the aforementioned Jimmer thread; instead of 20 new treads a day.

Spurs9
01-15-2016, 10:43 AM
Called it last year when everyone was hating on him. Knew he would put the work in and come back stronger than ever tbh :lol

spurraider21
01-15-2016, 10:48 AM
He had one possession where he was switched onto LeBron and pestered him into giving the ball up in an isolation possession. Physically he doesn't have what it takes to play good defense regularly , but it was good to see effort.

spurraider21
01-15-2016, 10:51 AM
He already contributed to 6

littlecoyotecoin
01-15-2016, 10:53 AM
Called it last year when everyone was hating on him. Knew he would put the work in and come back stronger than ever tbh :lol

Don't worry. You think you were fighting this battle alone. If you would have bothered to look to your left and right, you would have noticed an army beside you. You weren't even one of the generals. And, the opponent was a circled group of mongrels.

midnightpulp
01-15-2016, 11:06 AM
:tu

I'm all for dishing criticism when it's due. Last year, Parker was terrible. Not sure if it was because of injury, spacing issues with the Tiago/Tim frontcourt, etc, but criticism was warranted.

This year is some of the best basketball he's ever played. Granted, he's not averaging 20ppg, but he's picking his spots like a surgeon. Rarely do we see "dribble, dribble, dribble" from him. And the defense he's playing :wow

Pop does have to be careful with him, though. Can't burn him out.

hater
01-15-2016, 11:10 AM
We were all behind him when he put us up 3 with 30,seconds to go and then Evita crashed the bus

TheGreatYacht
01-15-2016, 11:14 AM
:pop: Am I getting punk'd?

lefty
01-15-2016, 11:17 AM
I have to admit, I was impressed by Parker showing up in a regular season game vs some Leastern conference scrubs

RD2191
01-15-2016, 11:22 AM
OP dropping nukes.

FkLA
01-15-2016, 11:26 AM

This is my only concern since he's really busting his ass on both sides. OTOH he took a month off last year and was terrible after. Pop has the find the right balance for him.

littlecoyotecoin
01-15-2016, 11:27 AM

I'm all for dishing criticism when it's due. Last year, Parker was terrible. Not sure if it was because of injury, spacing issues with the Tiago/Tim frontcourt, etc, but criticism was warranted.

This year is some of the best basketball he's ever played. Granted, he's not averaging 20ppg, but he's picking his spots like a surgeon. Rarely do we see "dribble, dribble, dribble" from him. And the defense he's playing :wow

I think it's fair to observe, but criticizing a guy that was often obviously playing injured is not only not warranted, it's deplorable. Hard to believe that his injury status is still somehow a secret or otherwise up for debate. He was overplayed through many of his own nagging injuries during Patty's absence for recovery after surgery. Manu was, too.

Parker's had two bouts of hamstring issues that we are aware of. At least one back injury. Multiple ankle issues. The hamstring issue, alone, is enough to give him a pass.

The over-dribbling is sometimes a problem. He mentioned in an interview that he thought Steve Nash was deadly about not giving up his dribble after an initial probe of the lane failed. He modeled some of his game based upon that. A lot of times, he choses to take the bail-out shot, making him look like a bit of a ball-hog, or he passes the ball to someone and gets lambasted for dumping the possession on someone to bail him out. Truthfully, he's just not as good at it as Steve Nash was, but who is? Nash was pretty damn good. Because Parker isn't as good as Nash at it doesn't mean he's bad. Parker, when healthy, is still really damn good.

We can agree on the "can't burn him out" aspect. I would like to see him play at 100% in the playoffs.

SpursforSix
01-15-2016, 11:28 AM

I was sitting there watching as he took over in the first half thinking that's still a bad dude. Maybe even more impressive than his speed and quickness in the early 90's.
His ability to play at this level and develop the footwork and shooting. He looks damn near close to a $15,000,000 per year player.

SpursforSix
01-15-2016, 11:39 AM
I think he also needs to be given a lot of credit for not using the injury as an excuse. I think the fact that he didn't mention it much might have led to the perception that he really wasn't that hurt and that he was slacking.
He's way tougher mentally and physically than I've ever given him credit for. Possibly his seemingly playboy jet setting lifestyle colored my perception.

His performance this season leads me to believe that he works way harder on his game and puts in way more time than the public sees.

And I guess the fact that he's so well respected by his teammates and FO should have been a clue. Hindsight is 20/20 but the fact that Tim and Manu supported him so much...I don't think they would have done that with a slacker.

In Pop I trust. He's made some questionable in game decisions but he remains the the best personnel guy the league has ever seen.

SanDiegoSpursFan
01-15-2016, 11:39 AM
If everyone goes to the other side the ship is gonna capsize, be careful.

littlecoyotecoin
01-15-2016, 11:44 AM

Made me chortle.

littlecoyotecoin
01-15-2016, 11:47 AM
I think he also needs to be given a lot of credit for not using the injury as an excuse. I think the fact that he didn't mention it much might have led to the perception that he really wasn't that hurt and that he was slacking.
He's way tougher mentally and physically than I've ever given him credit for. Possibly his seemingly playboy jet setting lifestyle colored my perception.

His performance this season leads me to believe that he works way harder on his game and puts in way more time than the public sees.

And I guess the fact that he's so well respected by his teammates and FO should have been a clue. Hindsight is 20/20 but the fact that Tim and Manu supported him so much...I don't think they would have done that with a slacker.

In Pop I trust. He's made some questionable in game decisions but he remains the the best personnel guy the league has ever seen.

Agree on the not talking about injury. Pop, he, and others would mention it. But, never really used it as an excuse. Didn't make a lot of it. He played. That's what you want from a teammate. So, he didn't whine about injuries like you hear some other players do, and they get lambasted for whining. He go the other side of the coin. Criticized for poor play.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-15-2016, 12:04 PM
OP dropping nukes.
Faggot you're not off the hook

Pauleta14
01-15-2016, 12:05 PM
I was sitting there watching as he took over in the first half thinking that's still a bad dude. Maybe even more impressive than his speed and quickness in the early 90's.
His ability to play at this level and develop the footwork and shooting. He looks damn near close to a $15,000,000 per year player.

:lol

DAF86
01-15-2016, 12:12 PM
Huge game by Parker, if not for him the Spurs would have lost in a blowout.

Only problem I had with him yesterday was when Kawhi was asking for the ball in the low block after that huge putback he had and Tony denied him the ball to call his own number and turn it over. Our young star was clearly full of confidence after the great play he made in the previous possession and was asking for the ball; you have to feed him the ball in that circumstance. Specially if you are the experienced starting PG of the team.

Cry Havoc
01-15-2016, 12:14 PM

Huge difference between wanton criticism of a player and wishing them injury. That shit is bad enough when it's on a rival team, but on your own?

GSH
01-15-2016, 12:21 PM

How many threads do the same fucking loons have to make on the same fucking subject?

From Downtown
01-15-2016, 12:32 PM
He's been great this season :toast

lefty
01-15-2016, 12:33 PM
He's been great this regular season :toast

AFMadison
01-15-2016, 12:43 PM
Beat him with a stick when he's down. Ride him like Seabiscuit when he's up. I'm with the TEAM 100% of the time. This indecisiveness reminds me of my girlfriend when she's on her period.... That time of the month?

Kool Bob Love
01-15-2016, 12:46 PM
Parker's behind you. Givin' it to you hard in each game.

:lmao

houston spurs fan
01-15-2016, 12:46 PM
TP taking a big wet poo on you and all the haters. You should go bandwagon with Warrior and Cavs fans and leave this forum to those who support the team through thick and thin. Wishing an injury on TP is past the point of anyone giving a fuck of you being behind Parker or not...tbh

LongtimeSpursFan
01-15-2016, 01:07 PM
Bandwagon fans.

DPG21920
01-15-2016, 01:09 PM

Definitely looks injury related last year.

AFMadison
01-15-2016, 01:13 PM

Criticism is one thing, what these guys were dishing was not criticism.

SpursforSix
01-15-2016, 01:18 PM
Criticism is one thing, what these guys were dishing was not criticism.

there was a wide range of what was being dished. much of it warranted and/or at least understandable. And a lot of it was just internet piling on and having a laugh
I don't know who wished an injury to Parker but my guess is that if a Spurs fan said it, it was in jest.

there was also plenty on the other side that wouldn't acknowledge that he was a day over 25.

littlecoyotecoin
01-15-2016, 01:36 PM
there was also plenty on the other side that wouldn't acknowledge that he was a day over 25.

Agree with everything but this. Just plain ol' BS. Just about anything outside of tongue in cheek praise of Parker was done with temper towards his advancing age. While it will be quite easy to find trashing of him, it will be quite difficult for you to manifest over-exaggerated praise of his ability from any reasonable number of posters to support your claim that it was "plenty". IMHO.

AFMadison
01-15-2016, 01:36 PM
there was a wide range of what was being dished. much of it warranted and/or at least understandable. And a lot of it was just internet piling on and having a laugh
I don't know who wished an injury to Parker but my guess is that if a Spurs fan said it, it was in jest.

Having a laugh? Yea I'm sure it was all for giggles. The "other side" also didn't post bs daily on this forum and also didn't bash players. Just an honest observation.

r0drig0lac
01-15-2016, 01:39 PM

great

SpursforSix
01-15-2016, 01:44 PM
Agree with everything but this. Just plain ol' BS. Just about anything outside of tongue in cheek praise of Parker was done with temper towards his advancing age. While it will be quite easy to find trashing of him, it will be quite difficult for you to manifest over-exaggerated praise of his ability from any reasonable number of posters to support your claim that it was "plenty". IMHO.

IDK. I'm sure it was in response to the constant bashing but any legitimate comments about his age were often categorically denied. That was my point.
I agree that there probably wasn't plenty of exaggerating his ability. Just that there was a lot of denial that he does have some weaknesses in his game.

littlecoyotecoin
01-15-2016, 01:48 PM
I guess we can leave it there. I usually defend him, but always acknowledge his limitations, and just never see what you saw in any significant amount approaching even a fraction of the negative criticism. Drawing and sort of parallel equivalence seems more that just wrong.

SAGirl
01-15-2016, 01:51 PM
This is a good idea. Like the Gutless Worms threads. It actually becomes a pun joke and its not annoying to anyone else not on the bandwagon. I still get chuckles when I see Gutless Worms bumped up lol

FkLA
01-15-2016, 02:23 PM
Wishing an injury on TP is past the point of anyone giving a fuck of you being behind Parker or not...tbh

I don't really care what you think. The pastor of the Church of Parker aka Brazil welcomed me back with open arms and that's all that matters tbh.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256213&p=8373657#post8373657

steeledl
01-15-2016, 02:54 PM
This will last til he has a bad game or a bad stretch of games... Which is inevitable and okay at his age.

he has proved that last seasons struggles were a result of being injured and unable to stay in shape though. The important thing is that he has showed he can still do a lot of the things that have made him great for so long which we will need him to do a few times per series come playoff time. Try not to be short sighted about his importance to this team in the mean time .

spursistan
01-15-2016, 02:55 PM
Too much peace in this thread...staying in the spirit of ST, i still have something to nitpick at: TP should stop taking the final FTs supposedly to ice the game..:bang

Gib Kiwi the ball, he earned that right with 88% FT shooting..we seriously dodged a bullet in the Wolves/Cavs game :lol..

steeledl
01-15-2016, 02:57 PM
Really impressed with how he competed on defense last night as well... But if he competes like that every night he will burn himself out by the playoffs. Lets try not to kill him for not competing like that on a nightly basis and rest comfortably knowing that he can put that effort in meaningful playoff games.

Brazil
01-15-2016, 03:41 PM
TP taking a big wet poo on you and all the haters. You should go bandwagon with Warrior and Cavs fans and leave this forum to those who support the team through thick and thin. Wishing an injury on TP is past the point of anyone giving a fuck of you being behind Parker or not...tbh

It's an open church tbh... it's nice to see people that were on the dark side cheering for him again

Spurs are winning, Kawhi became a superstar, Manu / Tim continue to play great ball, Bobo is in shape, LMA get acclimated fast.... and Tony P is succeding in transforming his game, living up his contract... it's celebration time. Let's all enjoy the ride

Now I'm not stupid enough to think some will not throw him under the bus again at the first sign of bad stretch... but the genuine fans rooting for their team and the players will always be grateful... that's what matters

To be fair I had serious doubts about his capacity to remodel his game, to go back to the gym, to work his ass off again after an awful Euro but Parker continues to surprise us

FkLA
01-15-2016, 03:50 PM
It's an open church tbh... it's nice to see people that were on the dark side cheering for him again

Spurs are winning, Kawhi became a superstar, Manu / Tim continue to play great ball, Bobo is in shape, LMA get acclimated fast.... and Tony P is succeding in transforming his game, living up his contract... it's celebration time. Let's all enjoy the ride

Now I'm not stupid enough to think some will not throw him under the bus again at the first sign of bad stretch... but the genuine fans rooting for their team and the players will always be grateful... that's what matters

To be fair I had serious doubts about his capacity to remodel his game, to go back to the gym, to work his ass off again after an awful Euro but Parker continues to surprise us

https://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/2015-04/3/20/enhanced/webdr12/anigif_enhanced-buzz-8902-1428108026-21.gif

Brazil
01-15-2016, 03:53 PM
https://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/2015-04/3/20/enhanced/webdr12/anigif_enhanced-buzz-8902-1428108026-21.gif

sure bra

Amen

ChumpDumper
01-15-2016, 03:54 PM

Here's to him staying healthy and being a major contributor to 6. :bobolol backtracking shit poster

dabom
01-15-2016, 03:55 PM
lol backtracking shit poster

What would we do without you? :lmao

ChumpDumper
01-15-2016, 03:59 PM
What would we do without you? :lmaoYou're lucky the site doesn't charge per emoticon.

You busy engineering today?

Raven
01-15-2016, 03:59 PM
this year's spurs don't NEED anybody. We have so much depth and talent we can cope with any injury. That said, he is playing great as he should, let's hope he keeps it up in the playoffs.

FkLA
01-15-2016, 04:00 PM
sure bra

Amen

lol backtracking shit poster

:rolleyes

dabom
01-15-2016, 04:01 PM
You're lucky the site doesn't charge per emoticon.

You busy engineering today?

No "lol" for me? :lmao

ChumpDumper
01-15-2016, 04:01 PM

:rolleyesYou were wrong.

All of you.

Just take the L.

ChumpDumper
01-15-2016, 04:02 PM
No "lol" for me? :lmaoSo no engineering.

OK.

Take the L.

houston spurs fan
01-15-2016, 04:03 PM

Whatever man. Until he has a couple bad games and then he will be hoping he pulls a hamstring again so what Mills can start???

dabom
01-15-2016, 04:03 PM
So no engineering.

OK.

Yes I spent all the morning hours on ST. :lmao

FkLA
01-15-2016, 04:08 PM
You were wrong.

I realize that, genius. Hence this thread. Not my fault you can't stop flinging shit even after I concede that.

houston spurs fan
01-15-2016, 04:09 PM
No "lol" for me? :lmao
Dead serious. If there is an engineering job out there that allows you to spend 18 hours a day on the Internet, call people faggots incessantly (may be too big a word feel free to use google) and write at a first grade level please post the job. I'm in. Unless you and robdiaz have taken the only two out there I'm calling bullshit.

ChumpDumper
01-15-2016, 04:09 PM
I realize that, genius. Hence this thread. Not my fault you can't stop flinging shit even after I concede that.Just take the L and quit being a bitch about it. You deserve every piece of shit being shoved down your throat right now.

Live with it. The Kanadian Klown Krew apparently couldn't.

FkLA
01-15-2016, 04:10 PM
Anyways hopefully the short bus follows suit and starts giving Kawhigod his due. That's probably asking for too much from those retards though tbh.

FkLA
01-15-2016, 04:11 PM
Just take the L and quit being a bitch about it. You deserve every piece of shit being shoved down your throat right now.

Live with it. The Kanadian Klown Krew apparently couldn't.

Damn dude relax. It's just a message board. :lol

houston spurs fan
01-15-2016, 04:17 PM
Anyways hopefully the short bus follows suit and starts giving Kawhigod his due. That's probably asking for too much from those retards though tbh.
Those fuckers who dog Kawhi, call him a role player and all that shit need to go be a Warriors fans too. The Mavs are hiring too.

ChumpDumper
01-15-2016, 04:19 PM
Damn dude relax. It's just a message board. :lolAfter you just begged me to ease up on you.

Were you serious about that?

dabom
01-15-2016, 04:25 PM
I have never seen any chump take in my life. Just comes 3 months late with an "lol" :lmao

dabom
01-15-2016, 04:26 PM
I described chump as that kid that stays quiet in class because he doesn't wanna say anything stupid for fear of being laughed at. :lmao

ChumpDumper
01-15-2016, 04:26 PM
I have never seen any chump take in my life. Just comes 3 months late with an "lol" :lmaoMan, you're really hurt by all this.

Just take the L and quit drawing attention to your embarrassment.

dabom
01-15-2016, 04:27 PM
I have to search for some old parker threads. :lmao

ChumpDumper
01-15-2016, 04:28 PM
My take all along was that you and the krew were wrong about Tony.

Now you have to take the L.

dabom
I described chump as that kid that stays quiet in class because he doesn't wanna say anything stupid for fear of being laughed at. :lmao

ChumpDumper
I have to search for some old parker threads. :lmaoLike your "Can we waive tony and spread the contract over a larger time?"
Only way I see the spurs in contention next couple of years. We need that cap space for NBA players. Highest paid player to do absolutely shit. I wish I was joking when I said that.

dabom
01-15-2016, 04:29 PM
He didn't change roles and we lost the playoffs. :lmao

skulls138
01-15-2016, 04:29 PM
To the OP, feel free to jump in and out of the bandwagon anytime you feel. If you were disloyal once youll be disloyal again so your words mean squat.

dabom
01-15-2016, 04:30 PM
To the OP, feel free to jump in and out of the bandwagon anytime you feel. If you were disloyal once youll be disloyal again so your words mean squat.

Is OP Tony? :lol

ChumpDumper
01-15-2016, 04:30 PM
He didn't change roles and we lost the playoffs. :lmaoWhy are you trying to distance yourself from your "Can we waive tony and spread the contract over a larger time?" thread?

Only way I see the spurs in contention next couple of years. We need that cap space for NBA players. Highest paid player to do absolutely shit. I wish I was joking when I said that.

dabom
01-15-2016, 04:32 PM
Why are you trying to distance yourself from your "Can we waive tony and spread the contract over a larger time?" thread?

I'm not. This team would go nowhere with Enrique. Role player Tony is a good player for this team. Next time I'll put all my post into one mega post so you get the hint. :lmao

Brazil
01-15-2016, 04:32 PM
Whatever man. Until he has a couple bad games and then he will be hoping he pulls a hamstring again so what Mills can start???

he said he was wrong... nothing more you can ask for... I respect people that can say, ok I was wrong, I thought dude was done and a liability but he is still alive and contributes positively to our team and follow by giving the player props

ChumpDumper
01-15-2016, 04:33 PM
I'm not. This team would go nowhere with Enrique. Role player Tony is a good player for this team. Next time I'll put all my post into one mega post so you get the hint. :lmaoThat isn't what you said.

This is what you said:

dabom
01-15-2016, 04:35 PM
I said both things faggot. How can you just omit what you don't want to read? :lmao

ChumpDumper
01-15-2016, 04:38 PM
I said both things faggot. How can you just omit what you don't want to read? :lmaoThey're your words. It was the "only way" you saw it.
Only way I see the spurs in contention next couple of years. We need that cap space for NBA players. Highest paid player to do absolutely shit. I wish I was joking when I said that.Take the L.

dabom
01-15-2016, 04:40 PM
I said both things faggot. How can you just omit what you don't want to read? :lmao

ChumpDumper
01-15-2016, 04:42 PM
If you didn't think it was the only way, you shouldn't have said it was the only way.

Take the L.

dabom
01-15-2016, 04:43 PM

ChumpDumper
01-15-2016, 04:44 PM
Only way I see the spurs in contention next couple of years. We need that cap space for NBA players. Highest paid player to do absolutely shit. I wish I was joking when I said that.So you didn't think it was the only way and you were joking?

dabom
01-15-2016, 04:47 PM
So you didn't think it was the only way and you were joking?

Good thing he changed roles just like I always wanted. :lmao

ChumpDumper
01-15-2016, 04:49 PM
Good thing he changed roles just like I always wanted. :lmaoYou didn't answer the question.

dabom
01-15-2016, 04:54 PM
You didn't answer the question.

Parker isn't playing like Enrique though so my statement wasn't wrong.

Spurs lost in the first round with "highest paid player to do absolutely shit" (playing as Enrique).

ChumpDumper
01-15-2016, 04:56 PM
Parker isn't playing like Enrique though so my statement wasn't wrong.

Spurs lost in the first round with "highest paid player to do absolutely shit" (playing as Enrique).You didn't answer the question.

dabom
01-15-2016, 05:00 PM
My statement isn't wrong. We can't be contenders with Tony doing absolutely shit faggot. :lmao

ChumpDumper
01-15-2016, 05:01 PM
My statement isn't wrong. We can't be contenders with Tony doing absolutely shit faggot. :lmaoYou didn't answer the question.

dabom
01-15-2016, 05:01 PM
Hold this L :lmao

dabom
01-15-2016, 05:02 PM
I said we can't contend with Tony doing absolutely shit. Which part don't agree with faggot? :lmao

ChumpDumper
01-15-2016, 05:03 PM
I said we can't contend with Tony doing absolutely shit. Which part don't agree with faggot? :lmaoYou didn't answer the question.

From your thread: "Can we waive tony and spread the contract over a larger time?"

K...
01-15-2016, 05:04 PM
Nice trick dabom. Instead of taking the loss like fkla you just redefine "role player" Tony to be a guy who runs the offense and can lead the team in scoring every third game or so. Definitely prigoni like play.

I don't know, though, I see vintage Parker more than prigoni. Maybe you are just wrong

dabom
01-15-2016, 05:06 PM
You didn't answer the question.

From your thread: "Can we waive tony and spread the contract over a larger time?"

Hold this L faggot. :lmao

Always stay losing vs me. :lmao

ChumpDumper
01-15-2016, 05:08 PM
Hold this L faggot. :lmao

Always stay losing vs me. :lmaoIt's really a simple question. No need to meltdown.

dabom
01-15-2016, 05:09 PM
Nice trick dabom. Instead of taking the loss like fkla you just redefine "role player" Tony to be a guy who runs the offense and can lead the team in scoring every third game or so. Definitely prigoni like play.

I don't know, though, I see vintage Parker more than prigoni. Maybe you are just wrong

I even made a Tony Appreciation thread in 2014. I'm a Tony fan. Don't like Enrique though. I've always wanted a lesser role for Tony. I'm glad he is doing it now.

dabom
01-15-2016, 05:11 PM
It's really a simple question. No need to meltdown.

I can always tell you were wrong when you always changing your question when one doesn't work. Hold this L. :lmao

ChumpDumper
01-15-2016, 05:13 PM
I can always tell you were wrong when you always changing your question when one doesn't work. Hold this L. :lmaoIt's the exact same question; that's why it's easy to repeat it when you try to dodge it:

dabom
01-15-2016, 05:16 PM
I said we can't contend with Tony doing absolutely shit. Which part don't agree with faggot? :lmao

I can always tell you were wrong when you always changing your question when one doesn't work. Hold this L. :lmao

ChumpDumper
01-15-2016, 05:18 PM
It's the exact same question I have been asking you all along. You've tried all along to avoid answering it and are desperately trying to answer a question no one asked:

dabom
01-15-2016, 05:22 PM
Let me move the sentence around So you understand better.

"Only way I see the spurs in contention next couple of years. We need that cap space for NBA players. Highest paid player to do absolutely shit. I wish I was joking when I said that."

"Highest paid player to do absolutely shit. Only way I see the spurs in contention next couple of years."

Spurs don't contend with Tony doing absolutely shit. :lmao

ChumpDumper
01-15-2016, 05:23 PM
Let me move the sentence around So you understand better.

"Only way I see the spurs in contention next couple of years. We need that cap space for NBA players. Highest paid player to do absolutely shit. I wish I was joking when I said that."

"Highest paid player to do absolutely shit. Only way I see the spurs in contention next couple of years."

Spurs don't contend with Tony doing absolutely shit. :lmaoWhy would you completely leave out the topic of your thread?

dabom
01-15-2016, 05:25 PM
Why would you completely leave out the topic of your thread?

"Can we waive tony and spread the contract over a larger time? Highest paid player to do absolutely shit. Only way I see the spurs in contention next couple of years."

It's the same thing faggot.

dabom
01-15-2016, 05:26 PM
Hold this L faggot while you backtrack. :lmao

ChumpDumper
01-15-2016, 05:26 PM
"Can we waive tony and spread the contract over a larger time? Highest paid player to do absolutely shit. Only way I see the spurs in contention next couple of years."

The only way you saw the Spurs contending was waiving Tony.

Your words.

ChumpDumper
01-15-2016, 05:27 PM
lol trying to reverse engineer your own sentences.

dabom
01-15-2016, 05:28 PM
The only way you saw the Spurs contending was waiving Tony while he doing absolutely shit

Your words.

Don't omit things faggot. :lmao

ChumpDumper
01-15-2016, 05:30 PM
Don't omit things faggot. :lmaoYou tried to omit the topic of your thread.

Silver&Black
:tu Great job OP

Always a spot open for you in the Diaw 2.0 Player Fan Krew....you just need apply.

dabom
You tried to omit the topic of your thread.

Hold this L chump. :lmao

ChumpDumper
01-15-2016, 05:32 PM
Hold this L chump. :lmaoWhy can't you just admit you were completely wrong?

You're wrong quite a bit -- should be used to it by now.

ChumpDumper
01-15-2016, 05:33 PM

dabom
01-15-2016, 05:34 PM
Why can't you just admit you were completely wrong?

You're wrong quite a bit -- should be used to it by now.

I don't even know why you try to start with me. You haven't been right on anything. We just need RobDiaz to call you a faggot and laugh at you. :lmao

dabom
01-15-2016, 05:35 PM

Trying this again after you confirmed I replied. :lmao

ChumpDumper
01-15-2016, 05:35 PM
I don't even know why you try to start with me. You haven't been right on anything. We just need RobDiaz to call you a faggot and laugh at you. :lmaoGeez, now you're explicitly begging for help.

dabom
01-15-2016, 05:36 PM

ChumpDumper
01-15-2016, 05:36 PM
Trying this again after you confirmed I replied. :lmaoYou didn't answer my question at all. You tried to change what you posted. The actual post is below. Please answer for what you actually wrote:

dabom
01-15-2016, 05:37 PM
You even backtracked. So gold. :lmao

ChumpDumper
01-15-2016, 05:37 PM
Same question, never answered by you.

spurraider21
01-15-2016, 05:39 PM
You were wrong.

All of you.

Just take the L.
pretty sure he's aware. he made this thread, after all

dabom
01-15-2016, 05:39 PM
I'm done with you chump. You getting better since the offseason. :toast

Hold this L though. :lmao

ChumpDumper
01-15-2016, 05:41 PM
I'm done with you chump. You getting better since the offseason. :toastYou're getting worse.

Hold this L though. :lmaoYou're the one who has been squirming for four pages.

dabom
01-15-2016, 05:43 PM

I'm done with you chump. You getting better since the offseason. :toast

Hold this L though. :lmao

ChumpDumper
01-15-2016, 05:46 PM
Waiving was still the "only way" according to you

Here is what you actually posted.

Kidd K
01-15-2016, 06:39 PM
It's nice to see more Spurs fans noticing and appreciating how well Parker's doing this year. I was starting to feel like the only poster giving the guy props for awhile.

Lot of guys are doin well now. I actually think our potential is higher than the Warrior's. Imo they seem like they can't get any better (steadily less production) while we're better.

100%duncan
01-15-2016, 07:41 PM
:wow

Nice to see everyone finally on the Spurs boat tbh. I hope TP doesnt get burned out by april though. Danny needs to start hitting, lma needs to start being consistent, and kawhi needs to keep playing like the mvp level player that he is.

01-15-2016, 07:51 PM
:wow in on jinx thread

We were all behind him when he put us up 3 with 30,seconds to go and then Evita crashed the bus
5 wasn't it? 3 on Bron then steal+layup...

benefactor
01-15-2016, 08:01 PM
OP never hated Parker. He admitted to me years ago.

100%duncan
01-15-2016, 08:07 PM
Its funny even Brazil and Mid know that the criticism last year was warranted and that Parker is a different man this season yet some guys here act like they were cucked on too much emotion for a message board imho

midnightpulp
01-15-2016, 10:22 PM
I think it's fair to observe, but criticizing a guy that was often obviously playing injured is not only not warranted, it's deplorable. Hard to believe that his injury status is still somehow a secret or otherwise up for debate. He was overplayed through many of his own nagging injuries during Patty's absence for recovery after surgery. Manu was, too.

Parker's had two bouts of hamstring issues that we are aware of. At least one back injury. Multiple ankle issues. The hamstring issue, alone, is enough to give him a pass.

The over-dribbling is sometimes a problem. He mentioned in an interview that he thought Steve Nash was deadly about not giving up his dribble after an initial probe of the lane failed. He modeled some of his game based upon that. A lot of times, he choses to take the bail-out shot, making him look like a bit of a ball-hog, or he passes the ball to someone and gets lambasted for dumping the possession on someone to bail him out. Truthfully, he's just not as good at it as Steve Nash was, but who is? Nash was pretty damn good. Because Parker isn't as good as Nash at it doesn't mean he's bad. Parker, when healthy, is still really damn good.

We can agree on the "can't burn him out" aspect. I would like to see him play at 100% in the playoffs.

How is it deplorable? If you're injured to the point that you perform at an all-time terrible level (Parker's series last year against the Clippers was one of the worst series played in league history for a stater per a variety of metrics), I think the commendable thing to do is remove yourself from the lineup. Yes, I know these guys are competitors, "warriors," etc, but it was obvious to everyone that Parker just wasn't right. Patty was playing better ball, so Parker should've ceded his role/more minutes to Patty.

I'm a fan of Parker probes! "Dribble, dribble, dribble," is when he just dribbles around the perimeter for 10 seconds and forces a bad 18 footer or passes it off to a teammate (who will usually be in a bad position).

Tully365
01-15-2016, 10:29 PM
I'm sure if Parker saw this thread alongside your 2,365 negative, insulting posts he'd forgive you. Though he might think you're a little bit excessive and emotional.

littlecoyotecoin
01-16-2016, 01:01 AM
How is it deplorable? If you're injured to the point that you perform at an all-time terrible level (Parker's series last year against the Clippers was one of the worst series played in league history for a stater per a variety of metrics), I think the commendable thing to do is remove yourself from the lineup. Yes, I know these guys are competitors, "warriors," etc, but it was obvious to everyone that Parker just wasn't right. Patty was playing better ball, so Parker should've ceded his role/more minutes to Patty.

I'm a fan of Parker probes! "Dribble, dribble, dribble," is when he just dribbles around the perimeter for 10 seconds and forces a bad 18 footer or passes it off to a teammate (who will usually be in a bad position).

Sheesh. You don't remove yourself. This doesn't happen in a vacuum. Based upon his health, they decided he was still their best option, and he gave what he had. As if fuckin' Patty, who I love, could fill the shoes.

AFMadison
01-16-2016, 04:46 AM
The death of Dabom, FkLA already admitted to defeat. This dude is laying dead getting beat with a stick. FkLA can only hope we show mercy, applesauce is not a factor, dabom has no basketball knowledge and just won't admit he's wrong even though there is evidence. Guy took the biggest L of all time. Honestly should just create another alt.

Brazil
01-16-2016, 07:52 AM

It is not really on him tho... Pop is in charge of who is playing or not. Part of last year problem is probably not just physical, He lost confidence on his shot, was mentally gassed and on a in between area about his role. Not sure of how he managed his offseason but you can see that he is mentally sharper, decided to focus more on defense, physically ready. IMO he talked a lot with Tim and Pop. they surely cleared up what team is expecting from him.

cd021
01-16-2016, 08:05 AM

I think the spacing issues was an underrated factor. Duncan really hasn't been able to shoot from mid range since the 12-13 season. Leonard shot poorly for most of the first half of last season (from 3 ) and Diaw had a poor year shooting the ball from outside of the paint.

AFBlue
01-16-2016, 09:13 AM
Just setting you up for the fall. Waiting for the other shoe to drop, the straw to break the camel's back, etc. it will not last.

littlecoyotecoin
01-16-2016, 09:56 AM
Just setting you up for the fall. Waiting for the other shoe to drop, the straw to break the camel's back, etc. it will not last.

You're probably right, because Patty really isn't as good as billed, and Manu is too old, so we'll overplay Parker again, he'll get a nagging hammy or ankle, and his production will drop off, and then everyone will say he sucks again. So, I agree with you there. It's only a matter of time. He's peaking in January in regular season games. Probably won't end well. But, not for reasons attributed. He'll be an injured shell of his badass self.

Blake
01-16-2016, 10:02 AM
I'd hate to be behind Tony at a buffet amirite

AFBlue
01-16-2016, 10:25 AM
You're probably right, because Patty really isn't as good as billed, and Manu is too old, so we'll overplay Parker again, he'll get a nagging hammy or ankle, and his production will drop off, and then everyone will say he sucks again. So, I agree with you there. It's only a matter of time. He's peaking in January in regular season games. Probably won't end well. But, not for reasons attributed. He'll be an injured shell of his badass self.

Hoping I'm wrong tbqh. McCallum sucks, but maybe they've found something in Simmons and Anderson that they can piece together distributor/playmaker lineups and not tax the old guys. Guess we'll see.

Silver&Black
01-16-2016, 10:50 AM
The death of Dabom, FkLA already admitted to defeat. This dude is laying dead getting beat with a stick. FkLA can only hope we show mercy, applesauce is not a factor, dabom has no basketball knowledge and just won't admit he's wrong even though there is evidence. Guy took the biggest L of all time. Honestly should just create another alt.

Biggest L of all time is Narutoluva...

Amirite benefactor ???

Russo21
01-16-2016, 10:59 AM
TP is playing bloody well this season, Kudos. We need him big time to win the Chip

spurraider21
01-16-2016, 04:31 PM
Its funny even Brazil and Mid know that the criticism last year was warranted and that Parker is a different man this season yet some guys here act like they were cucked on too much emotion for a message board imho
The criticism was definitely valid. It's the shtick that was the problem

pgardn
01-16-2016, 08:12 PM

You voted to wish him injured this season.
In your own poll.