PDA

View Full Version : If I run into Parker at HEB

SpursforSix
01-15-2016, 10:41 AM
I'm going to tell him I was dead wrong. The drop off last year was obviously due to injury. He's still one of the quickest PG in the league and has superior footwork and post up moves. His defense is also damn good. There was a sequence last night where KI was trying to break him down and Tony was staying in front step for step.

And on nights like last night, when the rest of the offense is slumping and no one is hitting shots, he has the ability to carry the team on his shoulders and seemingly create his own shot at will.

Looks like he's in great shape and he obviously is giving 100% this year.

So I'll tell him I was wrong and that he's doing a great job. I'll probably remind him not to sleep with teammates wives. We'll share a laugh and maybe he'll buy me one of those freshly made seafood meals.

GSH
01-15-2016, 10:45 AM
He'll be thrilled to hear all that. Be sure and tell him that your rich fantasy life includes running into him at HEB. And ask if you can share your insight with Pop, to give him props with the boss.

littlecoyotecoin
01-15-2016, 10:49 AM
I don't know that we should recognize "Healthy players play better than injured players." As a legit epiphany.

spurraider21
01-15-2016, 10:49 AM
I guess he finally washed that molasses off

SpursforSix
01-15-2016, 11:03 AM
I don't know that we should recognize "Healthy players play better than injured players." As a legit epiphany.

my epiphany was more than that. I had written him off due to age. Constantly lamenting not trading him several years ago before the one trick pony lost his step. Then the contract.
In my mind, the best case was that he'd just be able to come in this year and just not be so bad that he'd bring the team down. Just wanted him to hit an occasional open shot and make good passes.
I'm honestly shocked at how good he's been. And I give him a ton of credit for the hard work he's put in to this season.

FkLA
01-15-2016, 11:10 AM
Yep totally agree with OP. That defensive possession against Irving stood out to me as well. Top of the key, Parker kept jumping forward/backwards rather than sliding his feet. There was also the LBJ possession. At times he looked like a rabid dog on defense tbh.

littlecoyotecoin
01-15-2016, 11:53 AM
my epiphany was more than that. I had written him off due to age. Constantly lamenting not trading him several years ago before the one trick pony lost his step. Then the contract.
In my mind, the best case was that he'd just be able to come in this year and just not be so bad that he'd bring the team down. Just wanted him to hit an occasional open shot and make good passes.
I'm honestly shocked at how good he's been. And I give him a ton of credit for the hard work he's put in to this season.

Age, injury, recovery time...all overlapping shades of grey.

SpursforSix
01-15-2016, 11:57 AM
Age, injury, recovery time...all overlapping shades of grey.

sure but all exacerbated if the player is complacent.

Spurtacular
01-15-2016, 12:07 PM

Except for that was not his epiphany.

littlecoyotecoin
01-15-2016, 12:14 PM
Except for that was not his epiphany.

Essentially. Yes. It was. Go back to your Jimmer thread.

AFMadison
01-15-2016, 01:04 PM
Yep totally agree with OP. That defensive possession against Irving stood out to me as well. Top of the key, Parker kept jumping forward/backwards rather than sliding his feet. There was also the LBJ possession. At times he looked like a rabid dog on defense tbh.
Unlike OP though you wished the same Tony you're praising to get injured.

cjw
01-15-2016, 01:21 PM
Being able to run more of the offense through LMA and Kawhi is going to keep him and Manu fresher too as the season wears on.