PDA

View Full Version : Ive never seen a more hyped out team in the last 20 years than Goldeb State.

apalisoc_9
01-15-2016, 05:22 PM
Detroit, Lakers, spurs and not even Miami or threepeat lakers hhad this much sausgae fest.

Its disgusting as fuck. To think the spurs have a chance to have the same record by allstar break and onyl 1 have allstar and these faggots have three.

Fuck these clowns...not even the threepeat lakers had their cock sucked by the media this much..even though it was bad too.

ChumpDumper
01-15-2016, 05:24 PM
How terrible for you.

Spur|n|Austin
01-15-2016, 06:19 PM
Are the kids saying 'hyped out' instead of 'hyped up' these days?

Rain Man
01-15-2016, 06:35 PM
Then you weren't around for Jordan's Bulls. "Goldeb" state is so hyped because they are the real deal. Only an idiot wouldn't get excited about a team playing at this level.

houston spurs fan
01-15-2016, 06:35 PM
Are the kids saying 'hyped out' instead of 'hyped up' these days?
Filipino thing...

lilbthebasedgod
01-15-2016, 06:52 PM
Because they're on pace to set a new record for wins in a season and are the most fun to watch team in the league.

GSH
01-15-2016, 06:52 PM
Spurs played a good game last night and the fucking attention whores are out in full force.

Lookit me! Lookit me!

cjw
01-15-2016, 06:56 PM
Dray absolutely deserves it.

Klay isn't playing at an All Star level - he's a scorer and little else, and not even uber-efficient. He's basically a slightly higher usage, less efficient JJ Redick, or a lower usage, more efficient CJ McCollum this year.

Curry, Westbrook, Paul, and Harden are locks, and Lillard will likely be there unless they're dinged too much for their record. That said, based purely on team accomplishment, Thompson will be the sixth guard. If Atlanta got four people in last year, no reason GS shouldn't get three.

Also, there's no reason the Spurs should only get one. Parker and Ginobili's counting stats are down too much, but both have had far better seasons than Thompson. Guard is already crowded, so it's likely LMA or even Duncan.

Rain Man
01-15-2016, 07:01 PM
Champs getting champ treatment

Speak truth

Tully365
01-15-2016, 10:37 PM
That same media is saying Kawhi is an mvp candidate.

I don't see anything wrong with covering a record start to a season unmatched by any other team in the history of the NBA. Not covering it would be really bad journalism.

ElNono
01-15-2016, 10:43 PM
They're having an historical season, tbh.... I know the Spurs are also, but that doesn't mean the dubs don't deserve the praise, despite some unlikeable characters there

baseline bum
01-15-2016, 10:46 PM
They're having an historical season, tbh.... I know the Spurs are also, but that doesn't mean the dubs don't deserve the praise, despite some unlikeable characters there

Only player I don't like on that team is Barbosa, that guy's a faggot.

SpursFan86
01-15-2016, 10:47 PM
Maybe I just haven't been paying attention, but it seems it's died down a bit...or at least, more people are recognizing what the Spurs are doing and admitting that the Warriors aren't locks to win it all.

ElNono
01-15-2016, 11:03 PM
Only player I don't like on that team is Barbosa, that guy's a faggot.

For me it's that ugly ass nigga Speights...

ducks
01-15-2016, 11:19 PM
Can not stand curry

DenialTwist
01-15-2016, 11:48 PM
My goodness, have you even watched them? They are the best team in the NBA, look at their record. Curry can score 20+ in a quarter easily. Spurs have a better bench but they will have a hard time imo. Draymond, Klay and Curry are hard to beat.

houston spurs fan
01-15-2016, 11:54 PM
Bogut. Ugly ass troll that thinks he is a badass. Hope he's in the gym practicing his free throws cause hackabogut is coming.

99 Problems
01-15-2016, 11:55 PM
They the champs, they deserve it. But they know what's coming. They see Westy monstering bench bigs, they see TP tearing it up looking like playoff MVPatty, they see KL. Spurs are hunting this season. The foots to the floor.

theman21
01-16-2016, 12:18 AM
This place is going to go on epic meltdown if we lose on the 25th.

Too many people here are in denial, Warriors are a formidable opponent, unlike many of the teams we have played.

SouthernFried
01-16-2016, 12:34 AM
So what?

Solid D
01-16-2016, 12:55 AM
They are worthy of the hype tbh. The Warriors compete like crazed lunatics.

sexinthatsx
01-16-2016, 01:50 AM
Spurs will win by 18 points against the Dubs. You heard it here first.

jag
01-16-2016, 02:23 AM
Spurs will win by 18 points against the Dubs. You heard it here first.

This is why we can't have nice things here at ST

AFMadison
01-16-2016, 04:32 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/webkit-fake-url://72ff2503-cd75-4adc-9e50-48acc985231c/imagejpeg
You know what else is disgusting? You wanna sleep with your aunt...

ceperez
01-16-2016, 06:34 AM

Too many people here are in denial, Warriors are a formidable opponent, unlike many of the teams we have played.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Spurs lose. The Spurs offense isn't as potent enough and they absolutely need to get on the drawing board. A loss will force them to mix it up.

I'm glad they are over hyped. It's like any long foot race, it is always best to the guy right behind the lead runner. You want to be right behind him until you hit the final bend, then you out kick him.

Uriel
01-16-2016, 06:41 AM
Well, one reason why Golden State gets plenty of publicity while San Antonio doesn't is because their players have personalities that welcome media attention, while our players actively shun it (see: Leonard, Kawhi & Duncan, Tim).

r0drig0lac
01-16-2016, 09:07 AM
The ONLY reason for advertisement gsw is that they are one of the most dominant teams ever (104-18) since the start of last season, they are proving in court that has been spoken

Kikoluna
01-16-2016, 09:39 AM
Seems everyone forgot the first several years of Currys NBA career when he was slightly above average. Now he's just a great shooter. Nothing more. He's nowhere near leonard, lebron.

100%duncan
01-16-2016, 09:40 AM

Meh its an expected L for the reason that its played in oracle. Of course its gonna be blown out of proportion by both sides: spurs fan going on mass hysteria and warriors fan proclaiming that they can beat the Spurs and the cavs easily.

tholdren
01-16-2016, 11:10 AM
Meh its an expected L for the reason that its played in oracle. Of course its gonna be blown out of proportion by both sides: spurs fan going on mass hysteria and warriors fan proclaiming that they can beat the Spurs and the cavs easily.

But that's the fun of a message board

BD24
01-16-2016, 12:54 PM
For me it's that ugly ass nigga Speights...
Yep, Speights and that faggot Draymond. Have hated that piece of shit since his MSU days.

TXstbobcat
01-16-2016, 12:57 PM
They are the defending champions and they get the hype. That won't change until someone takes them out in the playoffs

BillMc
01-16-2016, 01:28 PM
How terrible for you.
:lol

Tully365
01-16-2016, 01:33 PM
:lol Every single poster disagrees with OP's take. Somewhere on a Golden State Warrior website, some player fan homer is posting that he's sick of hearing about what a great defender Kawhi Leonard is... Same schtick, different favorite team.

SouthernFried
01-16-2016, 01:38 PM
This is why we can't have nice things here at ST

lol

quentin_compson
01-16-2016, 02:06 PM
Part of it, I think, is that this is kind of a Cinderella story. With the exception of this one famous playoff series against the Mavs, the Warriors were pretty much bottom dwellers for almost twenty years. Then more or less suddenly, they start becoming relevant again, make the playoffs for two years before emerging as a great team in 14/15 and winning the championship.
It's not the Lakers or Spurs or Celtics or Pistons or Bulls, it's an entirely different franchise ploughing through the league, so it's a welcome novelty for casual fans and the media alike.

And by the way, they're a having a fantastic season so far.

sexinthatsx
01-16-2016, 02:21 PM
The competition this season has been weak to be honest. Aside from the Warriors, Cavs, and Spurs, there really is no other contenders in the upper echelon. The only difference between Spurs and Warriors thus far is that we're willing to give a few games away once in a while to the Knicks and other scrub teams to teach the team a lesson of not being too comfortable no matter how good they are and learning how to lose and bounce back.

I do agree with a previous poster's comment that a loss can help us, but honestly when I see the Warriors losing a game or two in the season or the playoffs, they'll have a bigger epic meltdown compared to us lol.

spursistan
01-16-2016, 03:43 PM
the Warriors insufferable media lovefest has subsided lately..Actually this season ESPN assigned a Spurs beat writer for the first ever time(Micheal C Wright) i think..Team success and star-power (Kawhi rise/LMA signing) plays a role in this; for example they have clearly scaled down their Miami coverage (Heat index etc.. )..As a small market with anti self promotion culture, Spurs will never attract or ask for that kind of hype..

wait 10 years from now when we become Bucks West with 2 national TV games (all on NBA TV) :lol..

kaji157
01-16-2016, 04:36 PM
The Dallas team that won 70 games and lost to the Warriors was more undeservedly hyped.

This warriors team in fun to watch and they are nba champs still.

steeledl
01-16-2016, 05:17 PM
Is op really Filipino ? The Mexicans that wanna be Asian.

Spurtacular
01-16-2016, 05:22 PM
OP being his faggoty self, tbh.

BD24
01-16-2016, 05:32 PM
The Dallas team that won 70 games and lost to the Warriors was more undeservedly hyped.

Which mavs team would that be?

Spurtacular
01-16-2016, 05:46 PM
Is op really Filipino ? The Mexicans that wanna be Asian.

:lmao

kaji157
01-16-2016, 06:00 PM
Which mavs team would that be?

BD24
01-16-2016, 06:06 PM
Thats odd, because there wasn't a 70 game winner in 07

apalisoc_9
01-16-2016, 06:09 PM
the Warriors insufferable media lovefest has subsided lately..Actually this season ESPN assigned a Spurs beat writer for the first ever time(Micheal C Wright) i think..Team success and star-power (Kawhi rise/LMA signing) plays a role in this; for example they have clearly scaled down their Miami coverage (Heat index etc.. )..As a small market with anti self promotion culture, Spurs will never attract or ask for that kind of hype..

wait 10 years from now when we become Bucks West with 2 national TV games (all on NBA TV) :lol..

Lol, I cant imagine San Anotio being this good once Kawhi retires.

cjw
01-16-2016, 09:13 PM

69 wins, and that counts their two postseason victories.

ohmwrecker
01-16-2016, 09:25 PM
Goldeb

daslicer
01-16-2016, 11:03 PM
Thats odd, because there wasn't a 70 game winner in 07

The Mavs won 67 games that year during the regular season.

Mikeanaro
01-17-2016, 12:34 AM
:lmao Iguonada, Festivus Pesteli, Bugut, Rabbi Clay Thompsonberg, Chimicurry, Babosa, Rouge, Grind.

BD24
01-17-2016, 10:10 AM
Yes I know that was my point I was trying to make. The other poster was to thick and didn't understand though.

kaji157
01-17-2016, 10:45 AM
Yes I know that was my point I was trying to make. The other poster was to thick and didn't understand though.

Well that one.

coachmac87
01-17-2016, 11:00 AM
Pretty sure the Heat had a lot of hype...didn't they have their own show??

BD24
01-17-2016, 01:15 PM
Pretty sure the Heat had a lot of hype...didn't they have their own show??
And that heat index. The 2012 lakers team got a ton of preseason hype as well

houston spurs fan
01-17-2016, 04:16 PM
I know a long shot but how awesome would it be for Dirk to return the favor and fuck the Bay Area this year in the first round...

BD24
01-17-2016, 04:17 PM
I know a long shot but how awesome would it be for Dirk to return the favor and fuck the Bay Area this year in the first round...
I would approve of that. :toast

moisaenz
01-17-2016, 07:11 PM
They might be, but they are the champs and more accessible than the spurs. People forget the NBA exists to sell.

Kidd K
01-18-2016, 08:16 AM
Every year after a Lakers' title since 2001 was at least as bad. Not only did they get hyped up as much and arguably more, but any time they blew a game the excuse-making would be out in full force. ESPN didn't even hide the fact they were cheering for the Lakers.

This year's GSW team being hyped so much doesn't really bother me since the GSW team has been bad for most of it's existence, but their on court arrogance and lack of professionalism and sportsmanship can get pretty irritating.

Sec24Row7
01-18-2016, 09:41 AM
Every year after a Lakers' title since 2001 was at least as bad. Not only did they get hyped up as much and arguably more, but any time they blew a game the excuse-making would be out in full force. ESPN didn't even hide the fact they were cheering for the Lakers.

This year's GSW team being hyped so much doesn't really bother me since the GSW team has been bad for most of it's existence, but their on court arrogance and lack of professionalism and sportsmanship can get pretty irritating.

So spoiled watching the spurs class... I was actually laughing last night, Is Pop going to doghouse Boban for the non-spur mean mug tech?

That's how ridiculous the culture here in SA is vs the flash and dash everywhere else.

boutons_deux
01-18-2016, 09:52 AM
we'll see if, how TNT commentators skew tonight

Old School 44
01-18-2016, 10:31 AM
Since the dismantling of the Heat in the Finals, I notice the Spurs being consistently praised, almost worshipped more than any team in the league. The amazing thing is it's coming from everybody...the media, the coaches, the front offices and most importantly the players. You hear phrases like "the gold standard", "that's what they do", "the Spurs way", and even "Dynasty". Remember when some people were reluctant to use that word, because the Spurs never, and still haven't, won back-to-back titles. It just doesn't matter anymore.

Hats off to the Warriors for their great season so far. For those of you wanting a 70+ season for the Spurs, or even the Warriors, neither will get there without the other pushing them.

still.focused
01-18-2016, 11:13 AM
They play a very entertaining, media, TV, casual & knowledgeable fan friendly brand of basketball w/ young dynamic players and well respected ex player for a coach
Lots of highlights which the media & casuals eat up, but most are born out of a great system and doubled with very very good execution for the hoop scholars
I like the Spurs more than I like any other sport but theres no way I can get down wit the GSW bashing
The only real reason to dislike GSW is if they arent your team
I think the Spurs are better but I dont get mad GSW gets the lights.
I for damn sure wouldnt want all that hype & buzz in San Antonio

K...
01-18-2016, 11:39 AM
In some ways gsw is just doing what okc was supposed to do. Build the team the right way with exciting players and decent team defense. Okc just got the short end if the stick in having to face a pre cramps LeBron and having the less mentally fortified players/coach. Okc definitely got serious hype back around their run.

What the spurs did was like the 2010 era Lakers, take a declining team and adding an all star quality talent. The spurs did that without tanking or free agency. It just doesn't happen like that! People don't know what to call the spurs dominant run because there is no template.

peacemaker885
01-26-2016, 01:04 AM
Well, looked like our defense was also over hyped. GSW offense is just unstoppable.

Mr Bones
01-26-2016, 01:10 AM
Cool thread.

hater
01-26-2016, 01:10 AM
:lmao kawhi fans

TheMulletMan3000
01-26-2016, 01:12 AM
Cool thread.

Nathan89
01-26-2016, 01:14 AM
Well, looked like our defense was also over hyped. GSW offense is just unstoppable.

The defense just can't play against two great off ball players. Especially when there is nowhere to hide our pgs.