PDA

View Full Version : Welp, the Remakes Have Made it to the Final Tier of Film

Pauly D
01-16-2016, 06:28 PM
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben-Hur_(2016_film)
How the hell have I just now heard of this? This can't be happening. It's one thing to remake classics, it's another to remake classic EPICS. The odds of this even being good are practically zero. You just can't touch this, Lawrence of Arabia, or the first two Godfathers. Whenever there's been a remake over this past decade or so that pisses everyone off I always say, "well, it's not like they're remaking *plug in one of those films*." I'd have those other three films slightly ahead in prestige but no doubt this is the last line to be crossed. This is embarrassing to everyone involved. Guess I can look forward to a death due to a brain aneurysm when I hear the news of a Lord of the Rings remake 50 years from now

ChumpDumper
01-16-2016, 06:34 PM
"Classic" Ben-Hur was a remake tbh. The CGI chariot race is definitely going to suck tho.

MultiTroll
01-16-2016, 06:40 PM
The odds of this even being good are practically zero.
Will the new Ben Hur be gay or have a trans to be politically correct?

Pauly D
01-16-2016, 06:43 PM
"Classic" Ben-Hur was a remake tbh. The CGI chariot race is definitely going to suck tho.

No shit. And they remade it with color and sound and nearly 4 hours long to win 11 Oscars and have one of the best action scenes of all time that still holds up. It's done. It's in the Hall of Fame. Number retired. And how cringey is it gonna be seeing them tiptoe around the religious themes by going more " New Age" and "spiritual"

ChumpDumper
01-16-2016, 06:43 PM
Will the new Ben Hur be gay or have a trans to be politically correct?Jewish.

ChumpDumper
01-16-2016, 06:44 PM
No shit. And they remade it with color and sound and nearly 4 hours long to win 11 Oscars and have one of the best action scenes of all time that still holds up. It's done. It's in the Hall of Fame. Number retired. And how cringey is it gonna be seeing them tiptoe around the religious themes by going more " New Age" and "spiritual"I think it will be hilarious. How do you think they will tiptoe around the whole Jesus thing?

Pauly D
01-16-2016, 06:57 PM
I think it will be hilarious. How do you think they will tiptoe around the whole Jesus thing?

Like I just said. I don't know how specifically cause I didn't write the damn thing but you can guarantee there will be a completely different ending and especially a different last shot

ChumpDumper
01-16-2016, 07:13 PM
Like I just said. I don't know how specifically cause I didn't write the damn thing but you can guarantee there will be a completely different ending and especially a different last shotWhy? Crosses are crosses.

It's the best kind of religious story to film since the Jesus can be totally offscreen and there's little danger of blaspheming.

ChumpDumper
01-16-2016, 07:15 PM
At least they employed one principal middle-eastern actor.

lol

Pauly D
01-16-2016, 07:55 PM
Oh boy! AND from the director of Wanted and Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter! Well if I wasn't optimistic before...!

SpursforSix
01-16-2016, 08:49 PM
Oh boy! AND from the director of Wanted and Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter! Well if I wasn't optimistic before...!

What's your beef gramps? Time to put away the Victrola and opera glasses and enjoy what the new world has to offer. This badassness of violence and technology. Sheesh.

Pauly D
01-16-2016, 09:06 PM
What's your beef gramps? Time to put away the Victrola and opera glasses and enjoy what the new world has to offer. This badassness of violence and technology. Sheesh.

Shut up, faggot. I thought Fury Road was the best thing since The Lord of the Rings, maybe Dark Knight, in ANY category

SpursforSix
01-16-2016, 09:19 PM
Shut up, faggot. I thought Fury Road was the best thing since The Lord of the Rings, maybe Dark Knight, in ANY category

Ahhh...you bitch about kids on vacation, you bitch about smart phones, and now you bitch about new movies.

Just go back to enjoying your sasparilla and licorice whips.

Spurminator
01-16-2016, 11:12 PM
I thought Ben Hur kind of sucked. Won't see the remake.

TDMVPDPOY
01-16-2016, 11:41 PM
ben hur another fake ass jew hero never heard off

so they going to introduce new heros in this new ben hurr movie?

The Reckoning
01-17-2016, 01:44 AM
you sure that girl in your sig is of age cubansucks?

SpursforSix
01-17-2016, 11:24 AM

He's sure he doesn't care.

Pauly D
01-18-2016, 07:39 PM

He's sure he doesn't care.

kek