PDA

View Full Version : Most Difficult Road to a Title for Spurs: 2016?

spursfaninla
01-18-2016, 12:45 PM
I am just talking in terms of years the spurs had a realistic chance, btw.

If you see my analysis below, this year's champion, assuming it comes from one of the 3 top western teams, will have survived the toughest road to a championship as far back as I could find, and would easily be the toughest road for a Spurs team that managed a championship.

A well established proxy for a team's strength is average margin of victory. Using AMOV for likely teams the Spurs would have to play in the west semis, western conference finals, and finals, and comparing that average strength of opponents to other years, we can get a relative sense of how tough this road will be compared to previous years.

AMOV total of final 3 opponents:

as of today for 2016:
okc, gsw, cleveland: 25.98!!
1999: Portland,Lakers, Knicks: 10.27
2003: lakers, mavs, nets: 15.33
2005: seattle, phx, det: 13.28
2007: phx, utah, cleveland: 13.55
2014: port, okc, miami: 15.09

In the last 20 years, the closest I came to this year was the Bulls 1997, which came to 19.72.

Bottom line, this team is arguably performing the best of any tim duncan-led team, but will be facing the toughest opponents of any spurs team to date, assuming no upsets of the top 4 teams, if we get to the finals.

spursistan
01-18-2016, 01:15 PM
It is going to be really challenging, tbh..going through potentially Harden/Dwight, CP3/Blake or Durant/Westbrrok, Curry/Green, Lebron/Kyrie is some gauntlet to run..

Spurs have upgraded the in-their-prime talent, but we probably still fall short of matching 4 or all of the above teams in that department. It is going to take our ageing Big 3 and key role players stepping up to fill the gap

SpursforSix
01-18-2016, 01:17 PM

If you see my analysis below, this year's champion, assuming it comes from one of the 3 top western teams, will have survived the toughest road to a championship as far back as I could find, and would easily be the toughest road for a Spurs team that managed a championship.

A well established proxy for a team's strength is average margin of victory. Using AMOV for likely teams the Spurs would have to play in the west semis, western conference finals, and finals, and comparing that average strength of opponents to other years, we can get a relative sense of how tough this road will be compared to previous years.

as of today for 2016:

In the last 20 years, the closest I came to this year was the Bulls 1997, which came to 19.72.

Bottom line, this team is arguably performing the best of any tim duncan-led team, but will be facing the toughest opponents of any spurs team to date, assuming no upsets of the top 4 teams, if we get to the finals.

I don't know if average margin of victory is a good metric to use this season. There doesn't seem to be a lot of mid level strength in the West. And the East just sucks. I think you have to include the first series as well. Especially in the West. 2014 to me was the best run imo. Having to go through Dallas and Portland just to get to OKC. Then the Miami Big 3. But we'll see how this season plays out.

buttsR4rebounding
01-18-2016, 01:26 PM
That, of course, is assuming the Spurs don't get the #1 seed. I for one believe they will and would likely play the Clippers instead of OKC in the 2nd round. That also assumes there are no upsets in the playoffs like when the Knicks came from a low seed to win the East in 1999.

ceperez
01-18-2016, 01:30 PM
I don't know if average margin of victory is a good metric to use this season. There doesn't seem to be a lot of mid level strength in the West. And the East just sucks. I think you have to include the first series as well. Especially in the West. 2014 to me was the best run imo. Having to go through Dallas and Portland just to get to OKC. Then the Miami Big 3. But we'll see how this season plays out.

The last game against the Mavs was completely amazing because they blew away the Mavs by nearly 30 points even when the big 3 barely played well and the 3 point shots weren't falling.

Parker 0-4, Duncan 0-4, Green 2-8, 0-4 (from 3), Manu 0-3 (from 3), Mills 0-2 (from 3) yet Spurs win by 29 points.

That looks like pure and simple dominance where you just impose your will on an opponent.

My only remaining question is whether they can impose their will on GSW.

Kawhitstorm
01-18-2016, 01:44 PM

03' for the West since the Suns were just as much a pain in the ass as the '14 Mavs then having to go through the Lakers & Mavs while Tim was the only All-Star on the team. The Nets were also pretty competitive in the Finals. The 2014 Blazers were essentially swept so '14 doesn't compete w/ '03.

ElNono
01-18-2016, 01:52 PM
I think peeps underestimate how hard was it to win in 2014... we didn't have HoFs in their prime anymore, and the West was much more competitive than this year.

But that team was on a mission and shown amazing resilience. IMO, best lobt so far.

Seventyniner
01-18-2016, 02:01 PM
If the Spurs are playing like this in the playoffs, they'll lose 1 game max in the first round and 2 max against the Thunder. This team is damn scary.

Still, the toughest road will involve the Thunder in round 2, Warriors in WCF and Cavs in the Finals.

spursistan
01-18-2016, 02:05 PM
I think peeps underestimate how hard was it to win in 2014... we didn't have HoFs in their prime anymore, and the West was much more competitive than this year.

But that team was on a mission and shown amazing resilience. IMO, best lobt so far.

Agreed, and it won't be topped because of 6..But also this one looks to be extremely daunting : a combo of a historic team GSW + Cleveland on mission (that city sport hex is bound to end one day, no?), not to mention the stacked at top talents of OKC/Clips..

BillMc
01-18-2016, 02:11 PM
Best scenario is if we get the inexperienced Jazz (round 1), Clips(2), and winner of Warriors/OKC in the conf. finals. Of course, that requires us to get the number 1 seed. But I think we'd do well against the Clipps this year. So only the conf finals and finals would be truly daunting.

houston spurs fan
01-18-2016, 02:18 PM
Nothing could possibly be more difficult than 2014. The mental fortitude to win after 2013, nothing will ever touch it in my opinion...

keeferob25
01-18-2016, 02:53 PM
Best scenario is if we get the inexperienced Jazz (round 1), Clips(2), and winner of Warriors/OKC in the conf. finals. Of course, that requires us to get the number 1 seed. But I think we'd do well against the Clipps this year. So only the conf finals and finals would be truly daunting.

I agree with this except I would actually much rather face the Grizzlies in the first round...now this is ONLY if Gobert is healthy by then and I don't know his situation. Gobert is the type of player that lowers Parker's value significantly as well as Duncan and others because the paint and rim are CLOSED and we begin to play scared inside. He's Ibaka-esque but with vastly superior length and range. While Utah isn't much beyond that I just don't want to deal with that headache. But Memphis is just done and a complete nonthreat any way you slice it. Their style is dated significantly in this day and age and they aren't gritty or grindy any more than they were years ago and we smoked them then. They are older and softer and have too little skill players. They are terrible coming from behind and can't generate the points it would take to beat us. ANd they can't defend us at all. We would sweep them guaranteed. But your overall path suggested is correct!

spurs10
01-18-2016, 03:26 PM

But that team was on a mission and shown amazing resilience. IMO, best lobt so far. Yep!

Best scenario is if we get the inexperienced Jazz (round 1), Clips(2), and winner of Warriors/OKC in the conf. finals. Of course, that requires us to get the number 1 seed. But I think we'd do well against the Clipps this year. So only the conf finals and finals would be truly daunting. This is my train of thought!

Nothing could possibly be more difficult than 2014. The mental fortitude to win after 2013, nothing will ever touch it in my opinion... Yes, people will take success for granted. We shut our mouths, put our heads down and showed the world the meaning of the word 'determination!' By 'we' I mean as our in-game announcer says "Our San Antonio Spurs!"

BillMc
01-18-2016, 03:27 PM
I agree with this except I would actually much rather face the Grizzlies in the first round...now this is ONLY if Gobert is healthy by then and I don't know his situation. Gobert is the type of player that lowers Parker's value significantly as well as Duncan and others because the paint and rim are CLOSED and we begin to play scared inside. He's Ibaka-esque but with vastly superior length and range. While Utah isn't much beyond that I just don't want to deal with that headache. But Memphis is just done and a complete nonthreat any way you slice it. Their style is dated significantly in this day and age and they aren't gritty or grindy any more than they were years ago and we smoked them then. They are older and softer and have too little skill players. They are terrible coming from behind and can't generate the points it would take to beat us. ANd they can't defend us at all. We would sweep them guaranteed. But your overall path suggested is correct!

I'd be fine with the Grizz. :toast

Budkin
01-18-2016, 03:37 PM

Same here. Considering what happened the year before, 2014 can't ever be topped tbh

Kawhitstorm
01-18-2016, 03:45 PM

Peeps are underestimating how mediocre the 2003 supporting cast was...:rolleyes

BatManu20
01-18-2016, 03:54 PM

Definitely felt the best, all things considered. That's for sure.

BatManu20
01-18-2016, 03:56 PM
Could be. Getting the #1 seed and playing a team like the Jazz or Kings in the 1st round would help a lot. Any other seed will be really tough.

ElNono
01-18-2016, 04:16 PM
Peeps are underestimating how mediocre the 2003 supporting cast was...:rolleyes

Prime Tim Duncan, man... plus DRob, Bowen, Kerr, young TP, Manu, Stephen Jackson. Very little need to rest guys, especially Tim who was a beast no matter who you put next to him.

Not a deep team, but in hindsight, fairly loaded, tbh. It's true though that the competition was possibly stronger then, with Don Nelson's Mavs and the threepeat Lakers.

timtonymanu
01-18-2016, 04:20 PM
Meh, this team is very elite. All they have to worry about is GS (potentially historic team) and the Clippers (bad matchup). Spurs would do fine against any other playoff team, IMO.

I agree with Nono. 2014 was the toughest path we've had but we were also a historic team that season.

houston spurs fan
01-18-2016, 04:28 PM
Prime Tim Duncan, man... plus DRob, Bowen, Kerr, young TP, Manu, Stephen Jackson. Very little need to rest guys, especially Tim who was a beast no matter who you put next to him.

Not a deep team, but in hindsight, fairly loaded, tbh. It's true though that the competition was possibly stronger then, with Don Nelson's Mavs and the threepeat Lakers.
People forget just how good TD was back then. You go back and watch games and he literally was the point guard out there from the high and low post...Not to mention the defensive anchor. Love TD, love that he's stil out there today just kind of gives you a calmness like everything's going to be okay. But, it's still a little sad in the Jordan Wizard type of way...

sasaint
01-18-2016, 04:33 PM
'05 team will always rank right with the '14 squad in my mind. Beating a very talented, tough defending champion in game 7 on its home floor was incredible. That team also showed some serious determination and mental toughness after the LA Disappointment the year before. Great memory of that '05 team.

Kawhitstorm
01-18-2016, 04:37 PM

2014 Spurs would have trashed the 2003 Suns:wakeup

kaji157
01-18-2016, 04:41 PM

as of today for 2016:

I completelly disagree, as of today there are not enough teams to make a path "difficult" for us, 2014, 2005 and 2003 where and will be tougher than this year no matter if we do clinch 6th or not.

The reasoning is very simple, while AMOV is a good measure of teams in general, the AMOV value is based on the difference between teams vs competition. And while this year competition is shit, plain and simple, that AMOV value that teams have is inflated because 95% of the teams in this league are shit right now. Even top teams are shit compared to 3 or 4 years ago.
For example, i would think that 2012 could have been the tougher year it could have gotten for us, but Kawhi, Danny and all the scrubs shitted their bed against OKC so we couldn't win it all.
While this year top 4 teams are very identifiable they are by not means tougher than in previous years, except maybe GS, which i really donīt think is that much better, just became a good team in a moment that the league, as said, is trash.
If you want you can go team by team or equivalent.

OKC is worse than a few years ago.
Clippers are worse.
Cleveland is not stronger than Miami was, and i dare say itīs worse than 2012-2013.
Pacers a few years ago were much better than any East second team.
Memphis is worse as a 4th fiddler, Portland doesnīt exist, the Mavs have regressed and Houston has always been a laugh.

Mikeanaro
01-18-2016, 05:31 PM
2014 was the hardest and the sweetest, what the hell are you talking about?
Yes GSW is the team to beat, the other teams already beat themselves see the standings.

spursfaninla
01-18-2016, 06:20 PM
I completelly disagree, as of today there are not enough teams to make a path "difficult" for us, 2014, 2005 and 2003 where and will be tougher than this year no matter if we do clinch 6th or not.

The reasoning is very simple, while AMOV is a good measure of teams in general, the AMOV value is based on the difference between teams vs competition. And while this year competition is shit, plain and simple, that AMOV value that teams have is inflated because 95% of the teams in this league are shit right now. Even top teams are shit compared to 3 or 4 years ago.
For example, i would think that 2012 could have been the tougher year it could have gotten for us, but Kawhi, Danny and all the scrubs shitted their bed against OKC so we couldn't win it all.
While this year top 4 teams are very identifiable they are by not means tougher than in previous years, except maybe GS, which i really donīt think is that much better, just became a good team in a moment that the league, as said, is trash.
If you want you can go team by team or equivalent.

OKC is worse than a few years ago.
Clippers are worse.
Cleveland is not stronger than Miami was, and i dare say itīs worse than 2012-2013.
Pacers a few years ago were much better than any East second team.
Memphis is worse as a 4th fiddler, Portland doesnīt exist, the Mavs have regressed and Houston has always been a laugh.

I appreciate the thoughtful response. I am interested to hear how you can back up your assertion that:

the league is worse that it was 3-4 years ago;
okc, clippers, etc. are worse today than years ago.

It would be great to hear something other than an anecdotal opinion, though. For instance, yes, intuitively I think the clippers are not as good as they were last year; however, they are in the 4-5 bracket, and currently would play the 1st seed warriors, so I was not concerned with them. Hence, the "top 4" teams.

For OKC, are you talking harden thunder in 2012? Sure, they look stacked looking back, but the spurs had a better offensive and defensive efficiency than OKC that year. Spurs rolled the clippers that year. Westbrook is MUCH better this year, and they have better front court talent now than they did at that time.

I doubt it is possible to objectively compare teams from year to year other than using tools like defensive/offensive efficiency and AMOV. Anything else is going to be a very subjective "eyeball test" that honestly people suck at; having accurate intuitive evaluations is very hard to do.

Comparing what you remember from years ago about how teams played over a whole playoffs, or even a season, to your overall sense for how those teams or players play this year, is what it sounds like you are trying to use as your method.

That is hard for computers to do, much less people.

Splits
01-18-2016, 06:29 PM

Spurtacular
01-18-2016, 07:28 PM

as of today for 2016:

The first opponent doesn't count? Tell that to the 2014-15 Spurs.

100%duncan
01-18-2016, 07:47 PM
Man 2016 might be the hardest but 2014 will always be the sweetest.

01-18-2016, 07:50 PM
The East actually doesn't suck this year

SASdynasty!
01-18-2016, 08:05 PM
Nothing could possibly be more difficult than 2014. The mental fortitude to win after 2013, nothing will ever touch it in my opinion...
One thing I always forget about the 2014 Finals is that Miami took home court in G2. What we did to them in Miami two straight games was truly remarkable. That series could have easily gone 6 or 7.

houston spurs fan
01-18-2016, 10:18 PM
One thing I always forget about the 2014 Finals is that Miami took home court in G2. What we did to them in Miami two straight games was truly remarkable. That series could have easily gone 6 or 7.
One of the greatest achievements in sports history. Unbelievable. That said the fire and focus you see right now in people like TP, Manu, even David West. To me, seems very reminiscent of the 2014 team. Call me a homer but I think we have something very special brewing here in 2016....

GSH
01-18-2016, 11:24 PM
This is a better team than 2014. I don't think that there is another team in the NBA that can stand up to them in a 7 game series - except for Golden State. There are some teams that would be a lot more physical, obviously. But unless someone got injured, I'm not even worried about any of those teams wearing the Spurs down in a first or second round series.

I think it's time to believe that this team is special. We watched the '10-11 Spurs riding a 70 game pace, and then just go to shit in March. Again, barring injury, that's not going to happen to this team. It's possible that they are a great team that could lose to a historic team. But I really don't think that it matters what route they take to reach the Warriors. The only important thing is those 7 games.

Kikoluna
01-19-2016, 12:22 AM
People forget just how good TD was back then. You go back and watch games and he literally was the point guard out there from the high and low post...Not to mention the defensive anchor. Love TD, love that he's stil out there today just kind of gives you a calmness like everything's going to be okay. But, it's still a little sad in the Jordan Wizard type of way...
I think it's not a correct comparison. Td is way more productive and vital than mj was to wizards. Matter of fact, td us arguably one of the best defenders at 40. Top 10 easy.

Aztecfan03
01-19-2016, 01:14 AM
looks like their win vs cleveland put warriors back ahead.

What's weird is the spurs chance to win a title is the same as their chance to get the top seed. Both at 30. warriors are at 70 for top seed and 37 for a title.

Kawhitstorm
01-19-2016, 02:29 AM
looks like their win vs cleveland put warriors back ahead.

What's weird is the spurs chance to win a title is the same as their chance to get the top seed. Both at 30. warriors are at 70 for top seed and 37 for a title.

That's b/c they are factoring in "Restgate" & the FACT that the Warriors are trying to secure the #1 seed by all means necessary. Plus, the the Warriors have a higher chance of winning a title b/c they are projected to have home-court otherwise it would probably be down by a couple of percentage points ~5%.

Kawhitstorm
01-19-2016, 02:32 AM

The series was over once Boris was inserted into the starting lineup in Gm 3 which resulted in a 20 pt blowout.:lol

ajh18
01-19-2016, 02:45 AM
This is a better team than 2014.

I think this team is more talented, with a higher ceiling, than 2014. But we haven't played as well as the 2014 Spurs played in that finals yet. Right now, that team playing that way would beat this Spurs team. Of course, I think that Spurs team playing the way they played in those finals would beat most teams historically...

playbonner15
01-19-2016, 03:24 AM
I agree that this team is better and has a 'unique' personality this year. I just hope Pop gives more minutes to Simmons, Anderson, Boban in the playoffs. He has a stubborn habit of shortening the leash and putting too much trust on Parker and Manu even when they don't work in the matchups

Uriel
01-19-2016, 03:36 AM
Good post OP. :tu

That said, there's no way that the Warriors, OKC, and CLE (or even the Spurs) maintain their current point differential. All elite teams will see their AMOV go down before the season ends, so that 25.98 figure will amost certainly be lower.

Also, there's a decent probability that we won't have to go through all three teams that you mentioned. For instance, we could end up being the #1 seed and not have to face OKC, or LeBron could tear his ACL and the Cavs could get upset in the 2nd round. You never know.

kaji157
01-19-2016, 09:28 AM
I appreciate the thoughtful response. I am interested to hear how you can back up your assertion that:

the league is worse that it was 3-4 years ago;
okc, clippers, etc. are worse today than years ago.

It would be great to hear something other than an anecdotal opinion, though. For instance, yes, intuitively I think the clippers are not as good as they were last year; however, they are in the 4-5 bracket, and currently would play the 1st seed warriors, so I was not concerned with them. Hence, the "top 4" teams.

For OKC, are you talking harden thunder in 2012? Sure, they look stacked looking back, but the spurs had a better offensive and defensive efficiency than OKC that year. Spurs rolled the clippers that year. Westbrook is MUCH better this year, and they have better front court talent now than they did at that time.

I doubt it is possible to objectively compare teams from year to year other than using tools like defensive/offensive efficiency and AMOV. Anything else is going to be a very subjective "eyeball test" that honestly people suck at; having accurate intuitive evaluations is very hard to do.

Comparing what you remember from years ago about how teams played over a whole playoffs, or even a season, to your overall sense for how those teams or players play this year, is what it sounds like you are trying to use as your method.

That is hard for computers to do, much less people.

Pretty simple to me, eye test.

Do you think this year GS team is better than any of those teams... probably yes.
Do you think the Spurs are better, probably yes.. (or at least Kawhi, Danny and the other wont piss the bed this year)
Do you think Cleveland is better than 2012-13 Miami, i dont.
Do you think Clippers are better than last year? I donīt see them better, they have problems inside their team and are noticed.
Do you think there are any teams, other than the top 4 of the west and cleveland on the level Portland and Memphis were when healthy a few years back? Any east team on Pacers level? Or Thibbs Chicago? Do you?

Thatīs my argument, most "index" cannot be used because they will always be measured against that year competition. You just have to try to trust your judgment, if you think the NBA today, removing the best 6 teams, is better than the last 3-4 years, then we agree to disagree.

AFMadison
01-19-2016, 10:29 AM
Nothing could possibly be more difficult than 2014. "The mental fortitude to win after 2013", nothing will ever touch it in my opinion...
- Pop

I. Hustle
01-19-2016, 10:46 AM
One of the greatest achievements in sports history. Unbelievable. That said the fire and focus you see right now in people like TP, Manu, even David West. To me, seems very reminiscent of the 2014 team. Call me a homer but I think we have something very special brewing here in 2016....

This. TP seems to be super focused so far this season. I really think that this team might be better than that 2014 team. To the point that we are able to play a guy like Boban some good minutes on some nights. I know the guy is good but we are giving some of these end of the bench guys some good minutes against good teams.

The way they are playing as a team, I don't know if Kawheezy gets that 2nd FMVP for sure. Not saying that he won't but anyone could have a good series if we get all the way to the end.

I was at the Dallas game and boy that was fun to watch. Especially the Boban staredown. The crowd was going crazy every time he did anything.

To make Pop feel better, we shouted Boban instead of MVP.

ElNono
01-19-2016, 11:00 AM
This is a better team than 2014. I don't think that there is another team in the NBA that can stand up to them in a 7 game series - except for Golden State. There are some teams that would be a lot more physical, obviously. But unless someone got injured, I'm not even worried about any of those teams wearing the Spurs down in a first or second round series.

I think it's time to believe that this team is special. We watched the '10-11 Spurs riding a 70 game pace, and then just go to shit in March. Again, barring injury, that's not going to happen to this team. It's possible that they are a great team that could lose to a historic team. But I really don't think that it matters what route they take to reach the Warriors. The only important thing is those 7 games.

I get the same feeling, especially this team having a higher ceiling. But, as almost everything in sports, results have a lot of weight on perception. So far, with regular season results, this team looks like the real deal. Playoffs bring a different intensity and require a different fortitude. Barring injuries, there's still some new pieces that will have to show they can step up to the challenge. If they do, this team will be very hard to beat.

team-work
01-19-2016, 11:15 AM
Lurking a lot these days without posting. This year's team added talent while establishing chemistry. So didn't see Pop doing mad scientist experiment on rotation often this season. Hope this continue and we can dictate matchups. Chances are good against anybody.

lil'mo
01-19-2016, 12:49 PM
2005 was easily the toughest

BOHOLANO#21
01-19-2016, 10:39 PM
'05 team will always rank right with the '14 squad in my mind. Beating a very talented, tough defending champion in game 7 on its home floor was incredible. That team also showed some serious determination and mental toughness after the LA Disappointment the year before. Great memory of that '05 team.
Spurs won that series here in SA.

sasaint
01-20-2016, 11:45 AM
Spurs won that series here in SA.

My bad. Yes, Spurs blew out the Pistons at home in the first two games, and we were thinking "sweep," only to go to Detroit and get blown out in the first two games there. Game 5 we bounced back heroically to win in Detroit only to lose game 6 at home. Game 7 was also very close until some clutch play at the end sealed the victory - at home, as you say. But we had a tough road and a hard series against a very good and very physical defending champion. Thanks for gently correcting my faulty memory of one of my favorite championships.

NameLess Scrub
01-20-2016, 02:55 PM
Imagine this:

Manu doesn't get injured in 2011
Thunder get a little less ref help and Spurs go with a good matchup to the finals in 2012
Spurs make 1 FT in 2013
Spurs win 1 more RS game and go healthy in 2015

Spurs could have a 5peat, and Lebron could have 0 titles, mentally preparing to join the Spurs as a last resort.

Kawhitstorm
01-20-2016, 04:08 PM
Imagine this:

[QUOTE] Manu doesn't get injured in 2011

Westbrook got injured in 2013

Thunder get a little less ref help and Spurs go with a good matchup to the finals in 2012

Kawhi/Danny weren't ready for Bron/Wade who didn't have excessive wear & tear on their body. (Same with Bosh not being beatup)

Spurs make 1 FT in 2013

Turnobili:bang

Spurs win 1 more RS game and go healthy in 2015

Bruh, Tony/Tiago were dead meat in 2015.

Spurs could have a 5peat, and Lebron could have 0 titles, mentally preparing to join the Spurs as a last resort

LeBron should have won in 2011 if he could have outscored Barea in the 4th quarter:lol

Agloco
01-20-2016, 09:04 PM

I'm not seeing what he's talking about

Splits
01-20-2016, 10:05 PM
I'm not seeing what he's talking about

Tweet was before they blew out the Cavs. Link is outputs from his forecast model after each night's games

NameLess Scrub
01-21-2016, 08:03 AM
[QUOTE=NameLess Scrub;8381334]Imagine this:

Westbrook got injured in 2013

Kawhi/Danny weren't ready for Bron/Wade who didn't have excessive wear & tear on their body. (Same with Bosh not being beatup)

Turnobili:bang

Bruh, Tony/Tiago were dead meat in 2015.

LeBron should have won in 2011 if he could have outscored Barea in the 4th quarter:lol

I loved what Barea and the Mavs did to them :lol.
Which is why I think the Spurs could have taken on them in 2012.

Westbrook's injury really impacted those 2013 playoffs too.

But my point is that in recent seasons alone, health and 1 FT could have made the difference between 1 or 3-5 titles, rest of the league staying the same.