PDA

View Full Version : Would Affalo have been a better fit than Danny?

Kawhitstorm
01-18-2016, 04:26 PM
I always liked Affalo's game & I felt like he got the raw deal after he was acquired mid-season by the Blazers but folks completely trashed him b/c of his playoff performance despite his injuries when Lillard/LMA/Batum were also horrific.

Affalo isn't the defender he used to be since he has focused more on being a scorer but overall he's a better player than Danny. The Knicks got him for a bargain & he could have been a better fit that Danny in the new offense since he can create his own shots/post up like Kawhi.

In any case, the only way to acquire him would have been via a sign & trade w/ the Blazers but I'm not sure they would have agreed to the deal b/c of the LMA ordeal.:lol (They gave Aminu 8mill so they probably would have offered Danny 12 mill or so)

raybies
01-18-2016, 04:33 PM
I was pretty consistent at the time to look at different options for cheaper deal because I knew Danny is limited, even thought it might be worth taking a risk on Tokoto, but right now it's one of those things like hindsight is 20/20. Sure afflalo would have been nice but we couldn't of got him. As for the question, Danny fits better when he's making shots. We have enough post players.

SquawkinHawkBigCock
01-18-2016, 04:34 PM
Can't defend anyone. Spurs without wingstop are left with Kawhi by his lonesome on perimeter defense. That's not good.

Chinook
01-18-2016, 04:35 PM
Afflalo's been bad for years. I know Danny's slumping something major, but the Spurs shouldn't regret their decision at all.

spursistan
01-18-2016, 04:36 PM
Anybody who can play a lick of D and takes a dribble without looking like disaster waiting to happen is an upgrade over DG at this point..

If he keeps playing like this, which is more than likely as we are way past an occasional slump, we might have to ask Tony to talk Batum into a paycut after unloading Roger Mason 2.0..LMA /Diaw/TP cans make a good pitch, IMO..

SupremeGuy
01-18-2016, 04:40 PM
Anybody who can play a lick of D and takes a dribble without looking like disaster waiting to happen is an upgrade over DG at this point..

If he keeps playing like this, which is more than likely as we are way past an occasional slump, we might have to ask Tony to talk Batum into a paycut after unloading Roger Mason 2.0..LMA /Diaw/TP cans make a good pitch, IMO..Adding Batum wouldn't even be fucking fair, tbh. :lol

spursistan
01-18-2016, 04:45 PM
Adding Batum wouldn't even be fucking fair, tbh. :lol

Upon hearing of LMA to the Spurs..

SpursIndonesia
01-18-2016, 05:50 PM
Adding Batum wouldn't even be fucking fair, tbh. :lol

If we can add Batum to the roster, i wouldn't even be afraid if Pizzaface betacuck decided to join those gay area faggots in free agency next summer.

itzsoweezee
01-18-2016, 05:53 PM
Danny is lightyears better than Afflalo.

SAGirl
01-18-2016, 06:02 PM
Actually I think Pop likes Afflalo a whole lot. After Portland traded for him midseason, among a whole lot of other playoff teams that got players in trades last crazy trade season, someone asked Pop about all the trades and players that went to playoff teams, if he thought any of those teams improved. Pop went around the question with his usual sarcasm, but the only player I remember him mention was Afflalo and he said that was a big addition for Portland.

Seventyniner
01-18-2016, 06:05 PM
Afflalo was always best as a volume scorer. The Spurs have 3 of those already.

His defense has never been near Danny Green's level either.

DarrinS
01-18-2016, 07:06 PM
I think DG has been playing great D tbh.

BanditHiro
01-18-2016, 07:09 PM
I think DG has been playing great D tbh.

he has...it is the only reason he is still starting

dabom
01-18-2016, 07:38 PM
Afflalo's been bad for years. I know Danny's slumping something major, but the Spurs shouldn't regret their decision at all.

OP a stupid fuck. :lmao

AFBlue
01-18-2016, 07:44 PM
Danny will find his stroke, just have to ride out the slump. He's too important on D, especially against the elite teams with multiple dynamic guards/wings.

TheGreatYacht
01-18-2016, 08:11 PM
Danny is lightyears better than Afflalo.
Lol no.

TheDoctor
01-18-2016, 08:13 PM
Danny's defense is light years ahead of AA D. Also Danny's an IronMan and one of the key pieces to beat the Worriers.

100%duncan
01-18-2016, 08:15 PM
As much as how Danny has been sucking, for better or for worse, we'll need him against the worriers.

Kawhitstorm
01-18-2016, 08:20 PM
Afflalo was always best as a volume scorer. The Spurs have 3 of those already.

His defense has never been near Danny Green's level either.

He might be a playoff choker like Klay but the guy has shot in the high 40s when he was a 3 & D guy during his first stint with Denver. He became a "volume scorer" when he was playing for lotto teams like Stephen Jackson.:lol

Mnky
01-18-2016, 09:17 PM
Hes still a bargain tbh.

apalisoc_9
01-18-2016, 09:21 PM
Op is a great poster but affalo has consistently been bad playing for relevant teams. Danny is going through a rough slump but hes a proven playoff commoditiy.

cjw
01-18-2016, 11:08 PM
Was Afflalo even an option? Got $8 million per from the Knicks, which is $400-$500k higher than DG's cap hold. Afflalo sucks defensively but has been pretty good as a shooter for the Knicks this year.

jag
01-19-2016, 08:26 AM

If he keeps playing like this, which is more than likely as we are way past an occasional slump, we might have to ask Tony to talk Batum into a paycut after unloading Roger Mason 2.0..LMA /Diaw/TP cans make a good pitch, IMO..

Sad times for Danny.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-19-2016, 08:28 AM
I was an advocate for Affalo if the price tag for Danny Green was too high. I thought he would be a good 2nd option. Quit saying his decent sucks. Affalo D is decent, but nothing to write home about.

With that said, last night showed exactly why you need a defender like Green if you are going to get past a team like GSW. Klay for the most part, shots horribly when Green is defending him.

RC and co. were able to make everything work and had the best Spurs offseason ever. Green has been struggling offensively this year. But most night's, he is still playing great D.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-19-2016, 08:31 AM
Roger Mason 2.0.

Mason D was never close to be on Danny's level. Even Affalo is a better defender than RMJ. I just realize that the Spurs need to stay clear of players with R and J in their initials.

Russo21
01-19-2016, 08:53 AM
It's hard to imagine a record breaking NBA Finals 3 point shooter won't get his shot back at some stage soon, I mean he has to right, right?

2011 43.6%
2012 42.9%
2013 41.5%
2014 41.8%
This year 32.6%

His overall FG% this year is 35.7%, even lower than his shitty rookie year in Cleveland. His steals and blocks are his lowest since 2011 also. What's up with Danny. Did we luck out on his best stretch of basketball he's capable of which helped us to 2 straight NBA Finals and now we are seeing the real DG? Please come back, play some D and hit some open 3s grr.