PDA

View Full Version : Charles Barkley Thinks Manu is from Southeast Asia

BillMc
01-19-2016, 03:25 PM
Observe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGaotz8d6Hw

For the impatient the Manu reference is about 2:28.

raybies
01-19-2016, 03:31 PM
" a couple miles off" lol

SAGirl
01-19-2016, 03:31 PM
Observe:

For the inpatient the Manu reference is about 2:28.
Wow! Did that guy go to school? lol
:lmao

Fireball
01-19-2016, 03:44 PM
and Kawhi is the best BBall player in da world :(

BatManu20
01-19-2016, 03:47 PM
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Keith-Olbermann-Charles-Barkley.png

TXstbobcat
01-19-2016, 04:11 PM
Wow! Did that guy go to school? lol

Looks like the Alabama public shool system and Auburn University did a great job teaching Chuck Geography.

Mikeanaro
01-19-2016, 04:40 PM
Barkley knows

Gagnrath
01-19-2016, 04:44 PM
On an unlabled map I will honestly admit that I will generally get the general vicinity and continent but will be off on a lot of the individual countries especially in central Asia and Africa.

wildcardX
01-19-2016, 04:47 PM
Barkley needs to go on SNL's Celebrity Jeopardy as himself.

EVAY
01-19-2016, 05:06 PM
Looks like the Alabama public shool system and Auburn University did a great job teaching Chuck Geography.

Don't blame Auburn...guy played ball for them but didn't get anywhere near a degree.

Canyonero
01-19-2016, 05:27 PM
:depressed

thiste
01-19-2016, 05:34 PM
I've only ever seen Americans be so wrong at Geography. Not pointing fingers, just an observation...

BillMc
01-19-2016, 05:34 PM
:depressed

Sorry man. :depressed

BillMc
01-19-2016, 05:47 PM
I like how he initially places the Congo in Sweden. But, its understandable, the countries are so similar. Easy to confuse.

kaji157
01-19-2016, 05:47 PM
Observe:

For the inpatient the Manu reference is about 2:28.

I donīt get why that is funny, what is funny for me is that ignorant people are examples for your society.

I am from argentina, and i went to a middle of the pack school and i could set all of those countries, or at least be right with the continents.

BillMc
01-19-2016, 05:55 PM
I donīt get why that is funny, what is funny for me is that ignorant people are examples for your society.

I am from argentina, and i went to a middle of the pack school and i could set all of those countries, or at least be right with the continents.

It is funny in the sense it is so embarrassing. Barkley went to college, went to the Olympics, interacted with people from around the globe, but clearly has learned very little about the world. To place Argentina in Asia is just sad.

littlecoyotecoin
01-19-2016, 05:59 PM
It is funny, in the sense it is so embarrassing. Barkley went to college, went to the Olympics, interacted with people from around the globe, but clearly has learned very little about the world. To place Argentina in Asia is just embarrassing.

It is disgraceful, to Argentina, and the rest of the Baltic countries, I apologize for Barkley on behalf of the rest of us Americans.

BillMc
01-19-2016, 06:01 PM
It is disgraceful, to Argentina, and the rest of the Baltic countries, I apologize for Barkley on behalf of the rest of us Americans.

Ha ha, good one. :lol I'm sure it has something to do with Riga time...

Mikeanaro
01-19-2016, 06:01 PM

Because when you live in the supposedly best country in the world you dont need to know about other countries, its a cultural thing they dont like to watch foreign subbed movies they always say SPEAK ENGLISH is the most used language (thats Chinese).
I watched a documental like 5 years ago and lots of North Americans think Argentina is some part of Brazil, of course there are lots of smart tourists here who knows the maps outside USA but that shows how lazy is most of the North American population.

Mikeanaro
01-19-2016, 06:03 PM
It is funny in the sense it is so embarrassing. Barkley went to college, went to the Olympics, interacted with people from around the globe, but clearly has learned very little about the world. To place Argentina in Asia is just sad.
I think he knows very well where Argentina is but he is just playing his character and to me is so funny always looking like a dumb brute fatty.

littlecoyotecoin
01-19-2016, 06:07 PM
Ha ha, good one. :lol I'm sure it has something to do with Riga time...

Ahh, the gorgeous capital city of Argentina. Don't forget to roll the Spanish Rrrriga!

TXstbobcat
01-19-2016, 06:15 PM
Don't blame Auburn...guy played ball for them but didn't get anywhere near a degree.

I wonder if if he actually attended a class in his three years at Auburn.

Canyonero
01-19-2016, 06:19 PM
Sorry man. :depressed

Nah it's fine. I bet 80% of Americans don't know where Argentina is in a map, we're kinda irrelevant to the world tbh.

BillMc
01-19-2016, 06:25 PM
Nah it's fine. I bet 80% of Americans don't know where Argentina is in a map, we're kinda irrelevant to the world tbh.

We Americans are terrible with geography (though Charles is a worst case example). I live in Latvia, and my own father, a well-educated Air Force grad, asks me "How's Russia?" every time I talk to him.:depressed

pgardn
01-19-2016, 06:25 PM
Holy fuck...

I guess I like maps and Charles does not.

TXstbobcat
01-19-2016, 06:29 PM

Chuck didn't even know where Jamaica is located and didn't know that it is an Island.

pgardn
01-19-2016, 06:42 PM

Maybe living in San Antonio for most of my life has made it fun to travel outside of Texas and the US. Even business.

Maybe if one lived in LA or NYC...maybe one thinks that's all there is.
Other than that, I don't get it. The people I hang around know where these places are. It's astounding...

Nahhh. I don't get it.

Aztecfan03
01-19-2016, 06:59 PM

That is a poor example of America. I would have got them all except for possibly Georgia but would have still been close on it.

EVAY
01-19-2016, 07:01 PM
I wonder if if he actually attended a class in his three years at Auburn.

Pretty much doubt it. It's an engineering school. He certainly doesn't sound as though he ever went to an English class.

Canyonero
01-19-2016, 07:11 PM
We Americans are terrible with geography (though Charles is a worst case example). I live in Latvia, and my own father, a well-educated Air Force grad, asks me "How's Russia?" every time I talk to him.:depressed

That's what you get for being a communist.

This topic reminded me of:

http://k33.kn3.net/taringa/3/7/5/4/9/0/manthony_gt/E9D.jpg

Still closer than Barkley tho

spurs10
01-19-2016, 07:23 PM
He is a jock who wanted to and did make millions playing basketball. He obviously knew nothing about geography, back then, which is never taught much in public schools in the U.S. I'd say I could probably be stumped about certain Middle Eastern countries with bizarre names pretty easily.

I didn't know where Riga was until I read a book by the Swedish writer Henning Mankell. So it's all relative...I reckon. I bet he was really embarrassed and would do much better now.

SpurPadre
01-19-2016, 08:01 PM
Well, he'd still beat George W. Bush, Palin, and Trump at this game, tbh. Still sad, though, even if it's staged.

Uriel
01-19-2016, 09:16 PM
Charles Barkley is a jock. His skill lies in basketball, not academics.

We may be 10x smarter than Barkley, but he's 100x better than us at basketball. He's still a far more successful human being (if you define success by socio-economic standing) than all of us here in SpursTalk will likely ever be.

pgardn
01-19-2016, 10:07 PM
Charles Barkley is a jock. His skill lies in basketball, not academics.

We may be 10x smarter than Barkley, but he's 100x better than us at basketball. He's still a far more successful human being (if you define success by socio-economic standing) than all of us here in SpursTalk will likely ever be.

That was academics we were watching?

Just knowing where a frggn country is? That's middle school memorization.

Sybok
01-19-2016, 10:35 PM
They don't say shit "he's close, he had the right idea". You say that to a 5 year old, not a 50 year old.

nowitzkikopf
01-20-2016, 12:20 AM
damn- how old is this video?

spurs10
01-20-2016, 12:25 AM
damn- how old is this video? Old

Spurtacular
01-20-2016, 03:18 AM
For a guy who has had to travel as much as he does and who at least broaches geo-politics, this is turrible.

nadie
01-20-2016, 06:06 AM
How can he miss it? Argentina is in South America which is below North America.

SpursIndonesia
01-20-2016, 07:23 AM
That's what you get for being a communist.

This topic reminded me of:

http://k33.kn3.net/taringa/3/7/5/4/9/0/manthony_gt/E9D.jpg

Still closer than Barkley tho

That's Colombia, right ? Right next to Venezuela, Peru, Ecuador, and the land of Mr. Pineapple face who was invaded by you know who, if i am not mistaken.

hater
01-20-2016, 07:25 AM
Manu a Filipino nurse :lmao

hater
01-20-2016, 07:28 AM
US Imperialist school system does this on purpose. You can't be mad if you don't know who the fuck we bombing :lol

Canyonero
01-20-2016, 07:33 AM
That's Colombia, right ? Right next to Venezuela, Peru, Ecuador, and the land of Mr. Pineapple face who was invaded by you know who, if i am not mistaken.

Yes, that's Colombia

Splits
01-20-2016, 08:09 AM

I lived in Switzerland for a few years and will be moving back at some point. Over Christmas my dad, a very well read man, asked me "So when are you moving back to Sweden"? smh

MB20
01-20-2016, 09:45 AM
Funny. Non issue

bic50
01-20-2016, 10:28 AM
:lol its Charles Barkley so it's no surprise.

bic50
01-20-2016, 10:30 AM
and Kawhi is the best BBall player in da world :(

thankfully he's not as clueless about basketball as he is geography.

maverick1948
01-20-2016, 12:03 PM
So glad Charles went to Auburn otherwise he would have never made the NBA. Any where else and he would have been shoveling coal in Birmingham.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-20-2016, 12:30 PM
Charles should hook up with this chick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww