PDA

View Full Version : Will Boban or Simmons play in the Rising Stars All-Star weekend event?

Old School 44
01-19-2016, 04:04 PM
That would be entertaining. I'd tune in for that. Rising Stars used to be the Rookie/Sophomore game. Last year, they did Team World vs. Team US.

BillMc
01-19-2016, 04:07 PM
And does Kyle have a shot at the sophomore team?

I'm guessing its a long shot for all 3. Boban is the only one that got any press, but the rookie class has no shortage of bigs.

timtonymanu
01-19-2016, 04:10 PM
Doubtful. They don't get enough minutes. If any of them were to have a shot though, it would be Simmons

lilbthebasedgod
01-19-2016, 04:18 PM
They never get ranked in the rookie power rankings even though there's players that score less than 2 a game on there.

I'd say no.

Old School 44
01-19-2016, 04:27 PM
Doubtful. They don't get enough minutes. If any of them were to have a shot though, it would be Simmons
Thinking the same thing, but Boban is so popular, and if they did US versus International, Boban would be a great choice. Can you imagine a Porzingis/Marjanovic frontline?

raybies
01-19-2016, 05:16 PM
Thinking the same thing, but Boban is so popular, and if they did US versus International, Boban would be a great choice. Can you imagine a Porzingis/Marjanovic frontline?

That's what I was thinking. Boban would help ratings. People love watching him. He's a giant with real skills. But if its rookies sophomores juice has his best chance, if it's world USA then boban has his best chance imo

From Downtown
01-19-2016, 05:16 PM
I think Jokic would deserve that spot tbh

BatManu20
01-19-2016, 05:17 PM
Negative.

SAGirl
01-19-2016, 07:42 PM
All 3 are quality players and fun to watch but one is a regular in the rotation. Simmons didn't really start playing in the rotation until mid Dec and Pop has still pled Anderson some games. The 3 of them have been in and out.

I could however definitely see appeal in Boban. He's been very popular every time he plays, specially in USA vs World teams.

tonight...you
01-19-2016, 07:46 PM
If Bobi played the Rook/Soph game and his mates fed him: he would score 30+, depending on minutes, but the efficiency would be ridiculous.
30 on 18 attempts, I would say- given the opportunities...

Bobi would dominate the sophs.

Mamuza94
01-19-2016, 08:13 PM
I think Jokic would deserve that spot tbh

+1.

But still, there is a place for Boban too.