PDA

View Full Version : Thunder: Spursfan, has Pop found the blueprint to beat a healthy OKC team?

RsxPiimp
01-19-2016, 05:10 PM
I've ran into quite a number of Spurs fans who have expressed little to no concern about the Thunder this season which instead placing all of their worry into the NBA World Champions Golden State Warriors but check this...

Since 2013-14, the Spurs have beaten the Warriors six of the seven games they've played.

Since 2013-14, the Spurs have lost to the Thunder six of the eight regular season games they've played. The Spurs did win a playoff series 4-2, but remember, Serge Ibaka missed the first two games of that series and was not 100% in the last four games of the series.

In a couple of seasons, we're going to be another of San Antonio's worries, but for now, are y'all still praying you don't matchup with OKC in the postseason?

Sybok
01-19-2016, 10:29 PM
Spurs have a tendency to start really slow, and any team with a streaky shooting, break-neck speed PG who plays up-tempo offense can bury them by 20 really quick. Spurs can dig out, but you only get away with that so many times before your team stalls. You have to come out with energy and keep the game competitive enough to tire the other team out. You cannot let Russ get going, but the Spurs will. They allow almost every flashy PG to get going.

Cry Havoc
01-19-2016, 10:57 PM
:lol I'm really not scared of a team playing guys like Singler big minutes.

The Thunder bench is fucking abysmal.

TDMVPDPOY
01-19-2016, 11:00 PM
when u have enrique on ur team, the other team always has a chance of winning

01-19-2016, 11:09 PM
OKC couldn't beat us on our home floor, with or without Ibaka.

Reck
01-19-2016, 11:22 PM
If this was 2012 then I'd be worried.

BD24
01-19-2016, 11:40 PM
Wanting to max out derozan:lol

Kawhitstorm
01-19-2016, 11:56 PM
Since 2013-14, the Spurs have lost to the Thunder six of the eight regular season games they've played. The Spurs did win a playoff series 4-2, but remember, Serge Ibaka missed the first two games of that series and was not 100% in the last four games of the series.

#1) OKC hasn't beaten the Spurs at home (BOTH during the regular season or playoffs) WITH Kawhi in the line-up since Jan 2014 (he has missed a bunch of games against OKC). :sleep
#2)The Spurs will have home court thus OKC is fucked.:wakeup
#3) OKC lost Reggie Jackson who was a torn in the Spurs side just like Harden & replaced him w/ Dion Butters:lol
#4) Their 4th quarter defense has been atrocious under Billy Donovan:lol
#5) Roberson/Singler is the WORST wing rotation in the league:lol
#6) Their best lineup is w/ Kanter but he can't guard anyone like Love:lol

#7) "Ibaka was injured" whaaaaaa-whaaaaa:cry; you bitch ass haters need to understand that Parker was playing INJURED & missed the 2nd half of the closeout game
#8) OKC blewout the Spurs in OKC w/ the so called "injured" Ibaka looking just fine then the series shifted to the Alamo for Gm 5 & OKC got blown the fuckout.
#9) Pop checkmated OKC in Gm 6 by attacking Durant w/ Diaw when they tried to play him at the 4 & the Spurs blew them out at OKC.:sleep
#10) Kawhi can NOW neutralize Durant for an ENTIRE series:hat

Work on you're straw-man narrative & quit using mainstream media BS to affirm your wishful thoughts. :wakeup

Hint:
-Clippers are the last team to beat the Spurs more than once at the Alamo since 2015 & they did it THREE times
-Kawhi has zero steals in the past 5 games against the Clippers
-Blake/CP3 are the best mid-range pick-n-pop duo & the Spurs defense concedes mid-range shots
-Austin Rivers owns Patty
-Clippers are only one of the two teams the Spurs have trailed in the 4th quarter at AT&T the entire season
-JJ ReDick has been the most consistent SG in the entire league & gives the Spurs trouble b/c Danny isn't a good off ball defender

Now, runteldat!:wakeup

StrengthAndHonor
01-20-2016, 12:22 AM
At their best, OKC really do come close to unguardable and just like the Spurs they are fundamentally, an unselfish team. OKC not Golden State are playing the second best basketball in the league and the scary thing about OKC is they are just warming up unlike the Warriors who appears to have reached playoff form not even halfway into the season.

Clippers shouldn't be much of a concern for the Spurs this year. We'll see if the tweaks Doc made to rework the roster will payoff come playoff time. I won't be singing praises, yes we're winning but like I've said before it's a pretty soft schedule.

Kawhitstorm
01-20-2016, 12:33 AM
At their best, OKC really do come close to unguardable and just like the Spurs they are fundamentally, an unselfish team. OKC not Golden State are playing the second best basketball in the league and the scary thing about OKC is they are just warming up unlike the Warriors who appears to have reached playoff form not even halfway into the season.

Your takes are as terrible as the Cripples in crunch time :lmao

Jenks
01-20-2016, 12:44 AM
Since that 2012 series OKC may have lost Harden and Sefolosha, but they've still got Joey Crawford on the last year of his contract so you can never count them out.

StrengthAndHonor
01-20-2016, 12:53 AM
Your takes are as terrible as the Cripples in crunch time :lmao
Check the stats, OKC has been outplaying the Warriors for the last 3 weeks.

HemisfairArena
01-20-2016, 01:09 AM
If my fellow Spurs fans aren't concerned about the Thunder, they better get concerned real soon,,,Once Durant came back healthy that changed everything. I think they thought Durant was gonna have lingering effects from his injury for the rest of his career,,,

Mnky
01-20-2016, 01:53 AM
Durant and Westbrook can be unstoppable alone, let alone together. That makes them a threat. I've said before, I think the thunder can pose a risk to the warriors. They have bigs and length, which is what always bothers the warriors and the spurs, bucks, and Detroit have shown. They also got two high time scorers that can keep pace with anyone. I like them, but I like the spurs more. That depth plays big in the playoffs when people are wearing out, and you have to beat coaches actually gameplanning against you.

SAGirl
01-20-2016, 01:59 AM
#1) OKC hasn't beaten the Spurs at home (BOTH during the regular season or playoffs) WITH Kawhi in the line-up since Jan 2014 (he has missed a bunch of games against OKC). :sleep
#2)The Spurs will have home court thus OKC is fucked.:wakeup
#3) OKC lost Reggie Jackson who was a torn in the Spurs side just like Harden & replaced him w/ Dion Butters:lol
#4) Their 4th quarter defense has been atrocious under Billy Donovan:lol
#5) Roberson/Singler is the WORST wing rotation in the league:lol
#6) Their best lineup is w/ Kanter but he can't guard anyone like Love:lol

#7) "Ibaka was injured" whaaaaaa-whaaaaa:cry; you bitch ass haters need to understand that Parker was playing INJURED & missed the 2nd half of the closeout game
#8) OKC blewout the Spurs in OKC w/ the so called "injured" Ibaka looking just fine then the series shifted to the Alamo for Gm 5 & OKC got blown the fuckout.
#9) Pop checkmated OKC in Gm 6 by attacking Durant w/ Diaw when they tried to play him at the 4 & the Spurs blew them out at OKC.:sleep
#10) Kawhi can NOW neutralize Durant for an ENTIRE series:hat

Work on you're straw-man narrative & quit using mainstream media BS to affirm your wishful thoughts. :wakeup

Hint:
-Clippers are the last team to beat the Spurs more than once at the Alamo since 2015 & they did it THREE times
-Kawhi has zero steals in the past 5 games against the Clippers
-Blake/CP3 are the best mid-range pick-n-pop duo & the Spurs defense concedes mid-range shots
-Austin Rivers owns Patty
-Clippers are only one of the two teams the Spurs have trailed in the 4th quarter at AT&T the entire season
-JJ ReDick has been the most consistent SG in the entire league & gives the Spurs trouble b/c Danny isn't a good off ball defender

Now, runteldat!:wakeup
Excellent analysis!!!! Completely agree. Clippers are always a headache exactly for the reasons you state, then you add in Pop and his hack-JOrdan schemes which can backfire on our own rhythm and those games are a veritable pain in the neck.

Kawhitstorm
01-20-2016, 03:23 AM
Check the stats, OKC has been outplaying the Warriors for the last 3 weeks.

Which playoff team did OKC beat during those 3 wks? Heat/Grizz:lmao; Mavs without any of their starters:sleep

Losses since Christmas:
-Bulls (@OKC):wakeup
-Kings (@OKC):lol
-Blazers (gave up 20 pts in the final 3 minutes):lol

Close calls (last shot missed):
-Lakers:lmao
-Suns:lmao
-Wolves:lmao

Conclusion: You're a degenerate STAT-WHORE!:wakeup

Kawhitstorm
01-20-2016, 03:35 AM
Durant and Westbrook can be unstoppable alone, let alone together. That makes them a threat. I've said before, I think the thunder can pose a risk to the warriors. They have bigs and length, which is what always bothers the warriors and the spurs, bucks, and Detroit have shown. They also got two high time scorers that can keep pace with anyone. I like them, but I like the spurs more. That depth plays big in the playoffs when people are wearing out, and you have to beat coaches actually gameplanning against you.

Warriors are going to run a train on Kanter just like Love & they won't guard Roberson just like Tony Allen.:wakeup

Besides, WestBrick has been terrible against the Warriors but Durant owns Iggy.

Mnky
01-20-2016, 04:06 AM
Warriors are going to run a train on Kanter just like Love & they won't guard Roberson just like Tony Allen.:wakeup

Besides, WestBrick has been terrible against the Warriors but Durant owns Iggy.

Weren't you the one who I had to post westbrooks ridicouls triple double on the warriors for?
No one stops Westbrook but Westbrook.

Kawhitstorm
01-20-2016, 04:28 AM
Weren't you the one who I had to post westbrooks ridicouls triple double on the warriors for?
No one stops Westbrook but Westbrook.

Triple double while shooting 33% & turning it over 6 times.:lmao

TDMVPDPOY
01-20-2016, 05:15 AM
popabitch already knows the answer, dont play enrique, its already proven...yet his scared of doing that move again....

Horse
01-20-2016, 01:57 PM
The concern with okc has always and will always be the thunderefs

Kawhitstorm
01-20-2016, 02:05 PM
The concern with okc has always and will always be the thunderefs

No homecourt = no ThunderRefs

Mnky
01-20-2016, 03:41 PM
Triple double while shooting 33% & turning it over 6 times.:lmao

The idea of strategy, is you adjust when your plan isn't working. His shot wasn't falling so he got nearly 20 rebounds and assists.

Can't stop him from having an impact. Keep up your tirade against Westbrook somehow being a "negative" tho. Sure that will pan out eventually....maybe.

RsxPiimp
05-11-2016, 04:06 PM
OKC couldn't beat us on our home floor, with or without Ibaka.
False:lmao

when u have enrique on ur team, the other team always has a chance of winning

True

DMC
05-11-2016, 04:13 PM
Spurs have a tendency to start really slow, and any team with a streaky shooting, break-neck speed PG who plays up-tempo offense can bury them by 20 really quick. Spurs can dig out, but you only get away with that so many times before your team stalls. You have to come out with energy and keep the game competitive enough to tire the other team out. You cannot let Russ get going, but the Spurs will. They allow almost every flashy PG to get going.
This Vulcan knows of that which he speaks.

RsxPiimp
05-11-2016, 04:14 PM
This Vulcan knows of that which he speaks.

yah that was spot on tbh

05-11-2016, 04:18 PM
False:lmao

My post was in response to this part of your post

The Spurs did win a playoff series 4-2, but remember, Serge Ibaka missed the first two games of that series and was not 100% in the last four games of the series.

I thought we would obviously be favored against either OKC or Clippers in the second round, seeing as we had HCA, but I wanted the Clippers over OKC. i thought they would be the easier matchup by far, and we wouldve had the revemge factor.

Before this series I said OKC in 6/Spurs in 7 and stuck with it after game 1 too :wakeup

StrengthAndHonor
05-12-2016, 09:08 PM
Which playoff team did OKC beat during those 3 wks? Heat/Grizz:lmao; Mavs without any of their starters:sleep

Losses since Christmas:
-Bulls (@OKC):wakeup
-Kings (@OKC):lol
-Blazers (gave up 20 pts in the final 3 minutes):lol

Close calls (last shot missed):
-Lakers:lmao
-Suns:lmao
-Wolves:lmao

Conclusion: You're a degenerate STAT-WHORE!:wakeup

shut up :lol

Kawhitstorm
05-13-2016, 12:20 AM
shut up :lol

They decimated a team w/ a Diaw/West frontline:lol

TDMVPDPOY
05-13-2016, 02:43 AM
he tried that shit by not playing that faggot pos in the 4th quarter, buut the damage this pos has done in t he first half was too large for the rest to overcome a 23pt deficit :(

lol upstairs brigade dont want to trade this pos cause his crew knows kawhi or green will expose that faggot every h2h matchup, just like all the former spurs and backup pgs who take a shit on him anytime and anywhere....

lol loyalty to a coat rider, what a fkn joke ass coach and management, get rid of that pos seriously