PDA

View Full Version : Arizona can cause Carolina major problems... but will it be enough?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-20-2016, 11:12 AM
I've been watching Arizona highlights the past few days extensively and have been able to get a good idea of what they are going to try against Carolina after Seattle mini-exposed the DB's that have been stranded by injuries.

For those that don't know, Arizona has three main receivers Fitzgerald (1,200 yards, 9 TD), Brown (1,000 yards, 7 TD) and Floyd (850 yards, 6 TD). Brown and Floyd are real speedsters, something that has been the achilles heel of this DB unit even at it's best. Although somewhat limited, OBJ, Julio Jones and Cobb (all speed receivers) have been able to get big plays on the Carolina D.

I'm convinced that Arizona will try to load the box with 8 on defense and blitz Newton very often. On offense I think they are going to look to pass early and often to Floyd and Brown on long verticals to open up the defense before dumping underneath often to Fitz. I think Norman will be able to keep one in check throughout the game, but it's a lot to ask to keep this high-powered offense in neutral for a full game.

So Arizona can exploit some serious weaknesses.. but will that be enough?

Carolina has shown that their offense is probably the most explosive offense in the league. They steamroll teams early in the games (Packers, Seattle, NYG, Washington), but they have had trouble finishing. Losing Allen will be a tough loss if he doesn't play considering he has actually played very well these past two games. Add that in to the fact that Palmer has looked shaky in the playoffs and his finger injury, I think Carolina is rightfully the slight favorite in the game. Newton has played very well this year, and I'm convinced if he's at his best (which he didn't need to be nearly at all against Seattle) then there's no way any team beats Carolina. There's just so many ways Carolina can beat you.

It remains to be seen if Arizona can stop the Carolina run game, but that will be the key. The DB's against the Cardinals WR's is an important match, but I also think it's key that our front 6-7 keep pressure often and early.

Mal
01-20-2016, 11:25 AM
Carolina`s lack of depth at CB could hurt them.

But again, Palmer is well known choker

Avante
01-20-2016, 01:05 PM
The football Gods appear to be smiling down on the Panthers in 2015. That ridiculous schedule....wow!

No need to see things change now.

While stats/trends aren't all that in the playoffs, there is one.....TO margin. The Panthers lead the league with a plus 20, the Cards at plus 9. That is huge. So I expect to see Palmer throw a couple picks, a big special teams play for the Panthers and a fumble for the Cards.

Panthers should win this with TO's/special teams being the difference.

Just so ya know...NE plus 7, Denver a minus 4.......that's a biggie.

Turnovers the single most important thing in any football game other than home/road and injuries.

Seattle lost because of what.....turnovers.

SuperCam
01-21-2016, 10:06 AM
The field is gonna be shit again, with the speed of our LBs they will be forced to run N-S runningback action instead of side to side. We will shut that down. Their WR routes are usually extremely disciplined and timed but they are used to executing them on on turf and semi-domed conditions. With the field looking to be even worse with the snow flurry this is going to disrupt the timing of their routes big time and favor our physical ground and pound run first game. I think we run out to a two score lead and even though they cut it to 10 or 7 late in the 4th, we still win comfortably, then cam goes on to dab on brady's corpse in the SB :hat

Thread
01-22-2016, 08:49 PM
Christ, I hope the Panthers win. I've about had enough of this shit here.

Put an end to it. Please.