PDA

View Full Version : Pounding the Rock: Can the Spurs Finish With the Best Record in the League?

BillMc
01-20-2016, 01:15 PM
Too long to paste here but here's the link:

http://www.poundingtherock.com/2016/1/20/10792722/can-the-spurs-finish-with-the-best-record-in-the-league

Other topics in this article include:

LaMarcus Aldridge
What Spurs will make the All Star Game
Playoff Boban?
Positives and Negatives from the Cavs game

BillMc
01-20-2016, 01:22 PM
By the way Erler is really depressing me. In short his answers to the 5 questions are:

1. Spurs have less than a 15% chance to claim the top spot and only if Curry or Green get hurt.
2. LMA has been merely ok and has already lost athleticism.
3. Timmy is likely to retire after this year. :depressed
4. Few playoff minutes for Boban
5. Warriors beat Cavs by more than us (and he implies that means something.)

Not saying all this is wrong, just what a party pooper...

RD2191
01-20-2016, 01:26 PM
Stopped reading at Pounding the..

TheDoctor
01-20-2016, 01:32 PM
By the way Erler is really depressing me. In short his answers to the 5 questions are:

1. Spurs have less than a 15% chance to claim the top spot and only if Curry or Green get hurt.

Erler is PtC's Debbie Downer. And not by coincidence, but by design. They have a script and that's his part.

BillMc
01-20-2016, 01:41 PM
Erler is PtC's Debbie Downer. And not by coincidence, but by design. They have a script and that's his part.

Really? I had no idea it was so staged.

jhfenton
01-20-2016, 01:46 PM
Erler was definitely the Debbie Downer. I definitely disagree with 2, 3, and 5. I have to agree on 1 and 4. Boban is probably match-up specific for this season. I won't be surprised to see Kyle and Boban in spots in the post-season; I just don't expect to see them a consistent 10+ minutes per game (unless we're talking first-round blowouts).

jhfenton
01-20-2016, 01:46 PM

Hah. I was a bit slow with the same label.

Raven
01-20-2016, 01:58 PM
no

Sybok
01-20-2016, 04:27 PM
You folks need to get Boban the fuck out of your minds. He's a garbage time player.. fuckin' PERIOD. I don't give two shits if he dominates the fuck out of every D leaguer in the world, he's not seeing a minute in the playoffs.

DJR210
01-20-2016, 04:41 PM
You folks need to get Boban the fuck out of your minds. He's a garbage time player.. fuckin' PERIOD. I don't give two shits if he dominates the fuck out of every D leaguer in the world, he's not seeing a minute in the playoffs.

Baynes was used sparingly in the playoffs.. just saying

EVAY
01-20-2016, 04:41 PM
Conceivably the Spurs could finish with the best record in the league, but we all know that is not Pop's primary concern. If he has to throw some games to keep players rested and healthy, he will do it. Not sure the other teams are ready to do that.

Sybok
01-20-2016, 05:09 PM
Baynes was used sparingly in the playoffs.. just saying
While Tony was used repeatedly by everyone on the Clippers.

SAGirl
01-20-2016, 05:47 PM

I have never liked Erler. He has a funny/witty writing style, but he's arrogant in his takes and very often wrong for a guy so arrogant and opinionated. He makes for entertaining reading, but he's one if those guys that is always looking fir something to criticize without appreciating positives. I really don't like him at all. I suppose if you agree with him you would've liked him bc he has talent as a writer but his basketball takes are often trash. IMO. And to whoever differs: suit yourself! To each his own!
I remember a very detailed piece of analysis( er, trash) where he concluded there was no way we would get Aldridge.

apalisoc_9
01-20-2016, 05:48 PM
Stopped reading at Pounding the..

I swear writers on that website steal opinions and stuff from posters in spurstalk.

SAGirl
01-20-2016, 05:52 PM
I do think this is Timmy and Manu's last season, but that is my own opinion and observation. Nothing to do with Erler.

SAGirl
01-20-2016, 05:53 PM
And what a bad design, since he's very often their most prolific writer.