PDA

View Full Version : There's no playoff games on Monday...

ElNono
01-20-2016, 10:08 PM
Sure, it's an exciting game between the two best teams in the league, but the winner doesn't get a :lobt: and the loser isn't 'done'.

It's very likely neither coach will show their hands either, or go heavily into matchups. That stuff is for April/May.

Enjoy the game.

Mugen
01-20-2016, 10:09 PM
Nono throwing in the white towel already.... I agree tbh, Warriors by double digits.....

RD2191
01-20-2016, 10:11 PM
Fuck that. Season over if the Spurs lose. Blow it up. Rebuild imo.

r0drig0lac
01-20-2016, 10:12 PM
does not matter, ST will in complete collapse mode after the game

100%duncan
01-20-2016, 10:14 PM
The fact that it's played in Oracle...

SpurPadre
01-20-2016, 10:28 PM
Yet, it will still end up being a better game than the Super Bowl, tbh. I'll be at the game, either way.

Benoit
01-20-2016, 10:30 PM
I agree, it will be a fun game that doesn't mean a lot.

This forum is obsessed with the Warriors though. If you guys lose, it's going to get ugly here.

Mugen
01-20-2016, 10:41 PM
The meltdown is going to be epic tbh, really looking forward to it :lol

SupremeGuy
01-20-2016, 10:43 PM
The meltdown is going to be epic tbh, really looking forward to it :lolThis. :lol

Mel_13
01-20-2016, 10:52 PM

:lol

There are many adjectives that can be used to describe ST, unpredictable isn't one of them.

dabom
01-20-2016, 11:10 PM

SAGirl
01-20-2016, 11:16 PM
Sure, it's an exciting game between the two best teams in the league, but the winner doesn't get a :lobt: and the loser isn't 'done'.

It's very likely neither coach will show their hands either, or go heavily into matchups. That stuff is for April/May.

Enjoy the game.
:toast
But since we are throwing the game, what about throwing smokescreens. Play Anderson/Boban/Simmons TBH.

ironman2886
01-20-2016, 11:16 PM
Spurs are 5-1 against the Warriors the last 2 seasons. Spurs match up with them. Warriors look better than last year, but the Spurs look better than last year. The team that wins on Monday will gain even more confidence(funny because each team has been obliterating the competition.)

I worry about the Spurs' slow starts. Golden State likes to blist the opposition in the first quarter, and the opposing team starts turning the ball over, and jacking up low percentage shots. If the Spurs starters can hold on and keep it competitive in the 1st qtr, then it's anyone's game. Spurs start playing better as the game progresses.

Curry and Thompson are great, but Green is the player that concerns me the most. The guy is doing it all.

Golden State is special. We have to admit it. Spurs have wingstop, and a set of bigs that can give the Warriors problems. If Parker plays well, and Danny can hit some threes, Spurs might just surprise us like last years' first regular season meeting against the Warriors, and handle Golden State comfortably.

I guarantee 2 things. If the Spurs lose, there will be the figurative wrist cutting. 2, if the Spurs win, there will be Spurs fans joyfully jerking each other off.

SAGirl
01-20-2016, 11:17 PM
By the way, Danny will be icy. He will be the scapegoat.

Old School 44
01-20-2016, 11:29 PM
This. We need some proposed thread titles to prep us for the meltdown.

I'll start - "Spurs value drops below 1 billion after 30 point blowout by Warriors"

BatManu20
01-20-2016, 11:32 PM

UNT Eagles 2016 might not be alive by the end of the game tbh.

RD2191
01-20-2016, 11:39 PM

SpursFan86
01-20-2016, 11:50 PM
Yeah, either way people here (and the media too) will jump to conclusions off of one game. Warriors win and people here freak out and question whether we have a chance against them in the playoffs. Spurs win and people will act like the Warriors are no threat at all and are some fraud team.

houston spurs fan
01-20-2016, 11:50 PM
It's okay, he'll still have his 7.3 inch vagina...

dabom
01-20-2016, 11:52 PM
It's okay, he'll still have his 7.3 inch vagina...

:wtf

Kawhitstorm
01-20-2016, 11:52 PM
Worriers are going to get a reality check when West hip checks Curry into the announcers booth.:lol

Spurtacular
01-21-2016, 12:24 AM

Enjoy the game.

This forum is obsessed with the Warriors though. If you guys lose, it's going to get ugly here.

It means a lot. The playoffs has already started. Both teams are playing for the pivotal home court advantage. Coaches ain't gonna be worried about pulling their punches.

SpurPadre
01-21-2016, 12:32 AM
:toast
But since we are throwing the game, what about throwing smokescreens. Play Anderson/Boban/Simmons TBH.

I didn't pay prime seating to watch just the B/C team, and certainly not sandwich boy. But if we lose and lose big, I'm going down with the ship and won't leave til the very end of the game.

SAGirl
01-21-2016, 12:42 AM
I didn't pay prime seating to watch just the B/C team, and certainly not sandwich boy. But if we lose and lose big, I'm going down with the ship and won't leave til the very end of the game.
Mostly joking bc I don't really think we are "throwing" the game. I don't think Pop gets experimental per se... but I would not discard seeing Anderson TBH, he could potentially have advantages, and Pop already played him against the Cavs... so I would say its not a given, but also not impossible. Simmons is in the rotation as it is, and is a freak athlete that is fun to watch anyways.

Well if we are down by a whole lot, why not throw Boban there like CoJo against OKC.

SpurPadre
01-21-2016, 12:45 AM
Mostly joking bc I don't really think we are "throwing" the game. I don't think Pop gets experimental per se... but I would not discard seeing Anderson TBH, he could potentially have advantages, and Pop already played him against the Cavs... so I would say its not a given, but also not impossible. Simmons is in the rotation as it is, and is a freak athlete that is fun to watch anyways.

Well if we are down by a whole lot, why not throw Boban there like CoJo against OKC.

We can definitely use Simmons in this matchup but I do not trust Anderson at all in this matchup. They're way too fast for him.

ParadoxEN
01-21-2016, 12:51 AM
What do you guys think of Livingston? I see a lot of teams get burned trying to play Patty-sized PGs on him...

Who's going to check him?

Kawhitstorm
01-21-2016, 01:09 AM
We can definitely use Simmons in this matchup but I do not trust Anderson at all in this matchup. They're way too fast for him.

The Nuggets were heavily dependent on Gallo who isn't faster than Fathead although he has a quicker first step.:lol

Kawhitstorm
01-21-2016, 01:11 AM

Simmons hopefully won't try to dribble around Iggy b/c he's going to get ripped.:lol

SpurPadre
01-21-2016, 01:17 AM
Simmons hopefully won't try to dribble around Iggy b/c he's going to get ripped.:lol

That could end up like Udrih-level bad if he isn't careful.

SpurPadre
01-21-2016, 01:19 AM
The Nuggets were heavily dependent on Gallo who isn't faster than Fathead although he has a quicker first step.:lol

He has a quicker release than Anderson, too. I do not want him out there in this match up, even in garbage time.

LaMarcus Bryant
01-21-2016, 01:20 AM
too late for ugly

it's already morbidly obese, acne scarred, bald-spotted and living in abuelita's basement ugly

Hyeah splitting a 5 guys burger and blunt with Big Zak and mouse

Matty2Cool
01-21-2016, 01:22 AM
Spurs will play typical Spurs ball in a big regular season game. We will come out rattled and shook GSW will probably get out to a quick lead on a few turnovers and we will look "nervous". Typical spur ball with this type of game. We will dig ourselves in a hole and it will be an uphill battle till late. This is only compounded by the fact we are playing on the road and at the O none the less. Pop will give a weak opening speech to the players reminding them it's only one rs game. Spurs won't wake up till they are feeling GSW pounding away. It'll be a close game Spurs win or we lose in blowout. Take the chalk first half. $. Anyone who has been watching the Spurs 15+ years will agree we always come
out "shook" in "irrelevant" rs games against contenders. Just look at cavs game a few days ago.

SAGirl
01-21-2016, 01:31 AM
We will see. Only way to find out is to test him. I won't be dissappointed if he doesn't play bc I am not expecting him to, but it's also not an impossibility. He already played against them some last year in a game we won. Since you are so adamant against him I would look it up fir you but won't bother. I will let slo mo do the talking with his play Tbh. He may not play bc he's out of the rotation but he's already fooled Livingston once. Nov 2014.

GSH
01-21-2016, 02:02 AM
Worriers are going to get a reality check when West hip checks Curry into the announcers booth.:lol

The most un-Spurslike move ever. Worse than the Horry hipcheck. Worse than the Bowen Ball-Buster. Worse than the Parker Cuckold Express. Worse than... The Stare.

West could become a permanent part of Spurs legend.

Kawhitstorm
01-21-2016, 02:04 AM
He has a quicker release than Anderson, too. I do not want him out there in this match up, even in garbage time.

The Worriers don't play at a high pace when Curry/Draymond are out of the game & Livingston is running the point. He can play when they have Rush/Livingston/Barbosa/Ezeli/Speights on the court b/c they don't really run PnRs but rather postup Livingston or isolate Iggy/Barbosa.

If Patty is getting bullied by Barbosa (ala Austin Rivers) then it's best to put Fathead on Livingston & Simmons on Barbosa (Manu on Rush).

Uriel
01-21-2016, 02:42 AM
These are the two best teams in the league, and they're both playing their best basketball of the season. This is going to be an epic game.

Fireball
01-21-2016, 02:46 AM
Agree with OP ... still sucks that the Spurs will lose

Joseph Kony
01-21-2016, 02:51 AM
As long as the Spurs don't get crushed by 20+ I won't be upset

HarlemHeat37
01-21-2016, 03:02 AM
These are the two best teams in the league, and they're both playing their best basketball of the season. This is going to be an epic game.

I bet it's going to be a shitty game, tbh:lol..most hyped regular season game since Lebron's return to Cleveland..these games rarely live up to it..

SAGirl
01-21-2016, 03:25 AM
I wonder at what point Patty' s inadequacy on defense becomes a worse option than Anderson TBH. Specially if Patty is cold. The more I think about how things can get out if hand with guys in the regular rotation, the mire I think Slow-mo has a chance to play in this game.

But it's speculation. The suns are a mess but they are fast paced. It's possible that is a test for Anderson.

SAGirl
01-21-2016, 03:27 AM
I bet it's going to be a shitty game, tbh:lol..most hyped regular season game since Lebron's return to Cleveland..these games rarely live up to it..
Makes me think we'll play passing lanes and completely disrupt a whole lot of their pace. Trust the klaw. They will make threes bc hello! But we are not the Cavs-Bulls defense.

HarlemHeat37
01-21-2016, 03:33 AM
Makes me think we'll play passing lanes and completely disrupt a whole lot of their pace. Trust the klaw. They will make threes bc hello! But we are not the Cavs-Bulls defense.

Ya, I'm not going to take anything from this game from a matchups/tactical perspective, but I'll be interested in seeing what kind of style the Spurs will employ, re: pace..

#2 pace in the NBA vs. #22
#1 in the league in transition points vs. #5 in the NBA in transition points allowed
#2 in the league in 3-point attempts % vs. #26

Spurs are #5 in the NBA in points scored in the paint vs. the team that allows the 2nd most interior points

Quite the contrast, stylistically..

100%duncan
01-21-2016, 03:44 AM
I wonder at what point Patty' s inadequacy on defense becomes a worse option than Anderson TBH. Specially if Patty is cold. The more I think about how things can get out if hand with guys in the regular rotation, the mire I think Slow-mo has a chance to play in this game.

But it's speculation. The suns are a mess but they are fast paced. It's possible that is a test for Anderson.

Never :lol

Arcadian
01-21-2016, 06:31 AM
Let's get through Thursday and Friday first.

PrimeMinister
01-21-2016, 07:08 AM
Pussies

Chinook
01-21-2016, 07:40 AM
We'll probably get a sense of how the match-ups are going to go, tbh. We'll be able to see Green and LMA match up. Draymond's ability to check LMA one-on-one is what the series will hinge on.

Kikoluna
01-21-2016, 07:41 AM
Lol

Horse
01-21-2016, 07:49 AM

Enjoy the game.

This is true but should the Spurs win at golden state in jan. before they've even hit their stride Gs may have so big concerns.

From Downtown
01-21-2016, 07:52 AM
#TankForBenSimmons

z0sa
01-21-2016, 08:11 AM
Knowing Pop, 4 starters will be resting.

jag
01-21-2016, 08:12 AM

Midnightpulp and the rest of ST finna go in on Tony

baseline bum
01-21-2016, 08:16 AM
Man the semen cloud here is going to be insane if the Spurs walk out of Oracle with a W.

NASpurs
01-21-2016, 08:17 AM
Is it too early to bump the "Gutless Worms" thread? :lol

Texas_Ranger
01-21-2016, 08:18 AM
i don't really care if the Spurs lose. Just don't be as pathetic as Cleveland or Chicago. ohh and I do think the Warriors will win by 10-15. They are still the best team in the NBA, lets just see by how much.

Kidd K
01-21-2016, 08:38 AM
The fact that it's played in Oracle...

. . .makes it irrelevant for the Spurs but everything for the Warriors.

Warriors lose = huge blow to their confidence. Spurs lose, doubt they care since road game. All the pressure should be on GSW imo.

100%duncan
01-21-2016, 08:45 AM
. . .makes it irrelevant for the Spurs but everything for the Warriors.

Warriors lose = huge blow to their confidence. Spurs lose, doubt they care since road game. All the pressure should be on GSW imo.

But we know everyone's gonna blow it up.

Canyonero
01-21-2016, 09:02 AM
The loser will win the championship.

bklynspursfan
01-21-2016, 09:08 AM
I could see Kerr returning that night to give his team added motivation & fire

DMC
01-21-2016, 09:09 AM

Enjoy the game.

The Warriors will treat it like it's game 7 of the NBA Finals. You'll see.

Agloco
01-21-2016, 09:19 AM
:wtf

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256267&p=8376494&viewfull=1#post8376494

EVAY
01-21-2016, 09:22 AM
Yeah, either way people here (and the media too) will jump to conclusions off of one game. Warriors win and people here freak out and question whether we have a chance against them in the playoffs. Spurs win and people will act like the Warriors are no threat at all and are some fraud team.

Pretty good summary, tbh. You've been paying attention, haven't you? lol

NameLess Scrub
01-21-2016, 10:24 AM

Well.. if the Spurs lose it can be seen like the Spurs won't win the title if they don't have HCA.
Not that I don't suspect that already.

I won't say I won't be upset if they lose. But if they do I'd like to see some sort of good news on how the matchup will play out.

midnightpulp
01-21-2016, 10:45 AM
Midnightpulp and the rest of ST finna go in on Tony

I've been an advocate of him this year. And I think a healthy Tony is a big weapon to have against GS, since he's outplayed Curry more often than not. Tony loves attacking teams with no shotblockers.

Embedded
01-21-2016, 11:10 AM
I like being the road team in this game, I think there will be more pressure on Golden State. I'm torn between beating their asses and not showing them our true hand. Okay, I've made my decision: let's beat their asses.

gameFACE
01-21-2016, 11:12 AM
I can easily see the Spurs starting 5 coming out lethargic. Could be a bit much for the second unit to catch up with the Dubs. But fuck it, the Spurs can win at GS. If they do get the W (no pun intended) I think the Dubs will win in SA.

Kidd K
01-21-2016, 12:16 PM

Yeah no doubt. The game probably means more to trolls than the actual fans of the teams besides the really emotional ones.

spursistan
01-21-2016, 12:21 PM
I can easily see the Spurs starting 5 coming out lethargic. Could be a bit much for the second unit to catch up with the Dubs. But fuck it, the Spurs can win at GS. If they do get the W (no pun intended) I think the Dubs will win in SA.
That's my fear, and before you know it it is 18 point-game with 5 minutes left in 1st Q..This has been a bad habit for SL the past couple of weeks..You aren't clawing back from that defeicit against a team with Warriors firepower..

I just want a close game deep in the fourth no regardless of the outcome....

steeledl
01-21-2016, 03:07 PM
I think we will lose. I just don't wanna get crushed .that would fuck me up... But it's possible.

would like to see lmalpha and kawhi play well even if we lose a close one that will increase my confidence

dabom
01-21-2016, 03:33 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256267&p=8376494&viewfull=1#post8376494

:lmao

$pursDynasty
01-21-2016, 03:37 PM

Hey Benoit my all time favorite in ring wrestler, regardless of how he ended up. Back to the point but just imagine if we win and snap the Dubs home game win streak, no doubt the Dubs forum will melt down and will be plotting revenge when they visit us in San Antonio.

spurs10
01-21-2016, 06:48 PM

Enjoy the game. Yeah I think they will just play each other straight up and not use any tricky dicky strategy and tip their hands to any playoff gameplan for sure! That being said the meltdown will be epic indeed! :eyebrows

Silver&Black
01-21-2016, 06:51 PM

#BringBackCoJo

spurs10
01-21-2016, 06:52 PM
I like being the road team in this game, I think there will be more pressure on Golden State. I'm torn between beating their asses and not showing them our true hand. Okay, I've made my decision: let's beat their asses. Now I don't think not tipping our hand and winning the game are mutually exclusive! :toast

RD2191
01-21-2016, 07:07 PM
#BringBackCoJo

Unbold and bold this man but twice as dark.

theman21
01-21-2016, 07:51 PM
1) Fans for the winning team will be entertained
2) Losing team will dig deeper and use it as motivation to improve.
3) Not a good test of a playoff match since energy and injuries are too hard to predict this early.
4) Are the Spurs going to be motivated? I know the Warriors have been having to read article after article all week about the Spurs finally being #1 in power rankings and being on top of the league with the champion Warriors, but are the Spurs bringing an equal amount of motivation?

Personally I think a loss could do the Spurs a favor to keep them motivated and reminded that they can't just coast to a championship.

boutons_deux
01-21-2016, 08:12 PM
" neither coach will show their hands either, "

Pop has said REPEATEDLY that everybody knows everybody else 100%. can't hide anything.

CGD
01-21-2016, 10:27 PM
But only if the Spurs lose. If they win they'll sweep the Warriors on their way to playing the Cavs for the championship.