PDA

View Full Version : Will LMA score in double digits vs. GSW?

ParadoxEN
01-20-2016, 10:16 PM
Here's to hoping he doesn't go for 6 again.

exstatic
01-20-2016, 10:23 PM
He'll feast, especially on the O glass.

All Mighty Janitor
01-20-2016, 10:29 PM
Bogut might be hurt. If so, that changes everything. We might see a lot of small ball.

Kawhitstorm
01-20-2016, 11:06 PM
LMA plays well against undersized defenders i.e. Draymond

dabom
01-20-2016, 11:12 PM
LMA plays well against undersized defenders i.e. Draymond

Tony manu and tim too. Length gives manu tim and tony problems.

exstatic
01-20-2016, 11:13 PM
Bogut might be hurt. If so, that changes everything. We might see a lot of small ball.

In other news, water is wet, and the sun is bright.

The Warriors adapted to small ball because Bogut is almost constantly hurt. He's honestly worse than Splitter.

MultiTroll
01-20-2016, 11:16 PM
Do we get a door prize?

Kawhitstorm
01-20-2016, 11:16 PM
Tony manu and tim too. Length gives manu tim and tony problems.

Manu doesn't have much of an issue w/ length, he actually toys w/ tall defenders. In any case, length is an asset on defense.

dabom
01-20-2016, 11:20 PM
Manu doesn't have much of an issue w/ length, he actually toys w/ tall defenders. In any case, length is an asset on defense.

I'm just saying tony most of the time played shit vs gasol and bynum or any tall defender in general. Undersized big men get taken to school by tony.

All Mighty Janitor
01-20-2016, 11:32 PM
In other news, water is wet, and the sun is bright.

The Warriors adapted to small ball because Bogut is almost constantly hurt. He's honestly worse than Splitter.

I know he's injury prone. I'm just pointing it out for this upcoming match-up specifically. If he does play he can guard LMA.

Kawhitstorm
01-20-2016, 11:41 PM
I know he's injury prone. I'm just pointing it out for this upcoming match-up specifically. If he does play he can guard LMA.

If he does play then Pop is going to hack him along w/ Ezeli.:lol

exstatic
01-21-2016, 12:08 AM

If he plays, we can play Duncan (on Bogut) AND LMA and match LMA up on Raymond.

All Mighty Janitor
01-21-2016, 01:31 AM
If he plays, we can play Duncan (on Bogut) AND LMA and match LMA up on Raymond.

I talking about the warriors on D. They may prioritize stopping LMA over Duncan if he's killing them even if it draws Bogut away from the rim. He's one of the better post defenders and if Dray can't check LMA (or if they just want to mix up the coverage) Bogut can give LMA problems one-on-one.

Spurtacular
01-21-2016, 03:53 AM
How many all-star level players does GSW hold to single digits, tbh?

BG_Spurs_Fan
01-21-2016, 04:00 AM
Here's to hoping he doesn't go for 6 again.

He went for 6 against GSW? When was that?

will_spurs
01-21-2016, 04:21 AM
He's supposed to abuse Green on O so he'd better score in the double digits.

z0sa
01-21-2016, 07:26 AM
As long as he contributes to a Spurs win, I am not concerned with his stat line.

exstatic
01-21-2016, 07:43 AM
I talking about the warriors on D. They may prioritize stopping LMA over Duncan if he's killing them even if it draws Bogut away from the rim. He's one of the better post defenders and if Dray can't check LMA (or if they just want to mix up the coverage) Bogut can give LMA problems one-on-one.

Bogut slows their offense, so they can go for it. In addition, he only plays 20 minutes per game, and is still breaking down.

Obstructed_View
01-21-2016, 07:49 AM
Actually, I hope Pop is smart enough to sub out to match their small lineups, and to do it as a decoy. I don't want the Warriors realizing how badly Duncan and Aldridge will tear them up in the playoffs.

Horse
01-21-2016, 08:00 AM

Well then Duncan will score over green. Or the lane will be open.

z0sa
01-21-2016, 08:10 AM
Actually, I hope Pop is smart enough to sub out to match their small lineups, and to do it as a decoy. I don't want the Warriors realizing how badly Duncan and Aldridge will tear them up in the playoffs.

Pop is an amazing coach but his insatiable desire to go full Don Nelson should be strongly curbed :lol :tu

Obstructed_View
01-21-2016, 08:15 AM
Pop is an amazing coach but his insatiable desire to go full Don Nelson should be strongly curbed :lol :tu

I just don't want to leave this season with the impression that Pop intentionally tipped his hand to the Warriors so he'd have an excuse to abandon the Duncan-Aldridge front line when it mattered most.

ParadoxEN
01-21-2016, 08:41 AM
He went for 6 against GSW? When was that?

Cleveland, IMO

ceperez
01-21-2016, 09:40 AM
I just don't want to leave this season with the impression that Pop intentionally tipped his hand to the Warriors so he'd have an excuse to abandon the Duncan-Aldridge front line when it mattered most.

Hard to tell exactly what Pop will do, but he definitely is going to keep his cards very close to his chest.

will_spurs
01-21-2016, 09:58 AM
Hard to tell exactly what Pop will do, but he definitely is going to keep his cards very close to his chest.

I said just that in the "Spurs from a Dubs forum perspective" thread and few people agreed.

Obstructed_View
01-21-2016, 10:29 AM
I said just that in the "Spurs from a Dubs forum perspective" thread and few people agreed.

I want to agree with this, but I simply don't trust him. He's ducked out of a lot of big games in the past by sitting players and he's made questionable personnel decisions that cost the team dearly in the playoffs. I'm firmly in the "I really hope you're right" camp. :)

will_spurs
01-21-2016, 10:35 AM
I want to agree with this, but I simply don't trust him. He's ducked out of a lot of big games in the past by sitting players and he's made questionable personnel decisions that cost the team dearly in the playoffs. I'm firmly in the "I really hope you're right" camp. :)

I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing. I'd say Pop cares about this game just as much as about a game against the Lakers or 76ers. It's regular season, he's going to go for basic plays, regular minutes, weird line-ups. The whole point being not to show them anything about the way he's expecting to play them in the playoffs. He's doing that all the time. Just remember all the "that team swept the regular season against the Spurs" just to be destroyed in the playoffs.

Obstructed_View
01-21-2016, 10:50 AM
I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing. I'd say Pop cares about this game just as much as about a game against the Lakers or 76ers. It's regular season, he's going to go for basic plays, regular minutes, weird line-ups. The whole point being not to show them anything about the way he's expecting to play them in the playoffs. He's doing that all the time. Just remember all the "that team swept the regular season against the Spurs" just to be destroyed in the playoffs.

It's a little of both. He kind of overthinks situations like this sometimes. It's literally as important as a game against the Lakers or 76ers, and you should just put your lineups out there, tell them to play hard, and just do your thing and see how you match up. This is exactly what I want to happen.

For my part, I worry that an outcome in a meaningless game could cause him to overreact. For example, let's say the Spurs come out flat like they did against Cleveland and they get blown out by 30 points, but Pop decides that the only way to play the Warriors from now on is by using small lineups and keeping Duncan or Aldridge on the bench at all times. Hopefully it's impossible, but it's still my nightmare. :)

will_spurs
01-21-2016, 10:55 AM
For my part, I worry that an outcome in a meaningless game could cause him to overreact. For example, let's say the Spurs come out flat like they did against Cleveland and they get blown out by 30 points, but Pop decides that the only way to play the Warriors from now on is by using small lineups and keeping Duncan or Aldridge on the bench at all times. Hopefully it's impossible, but it's still my nightmare. :)

You mean like keeping Splitter nailed to the bench because he needed to get over himself? :D

All Mighty Janitor
01-21-2016, 11:49 AM
Well then Duncan will score over green. Or the lane will be open.

But will LMA score more than 10? :lol

Nathan89
01-21-2016, 12:49 PM
LMA has a strength advantage and height advantage vs Draymond so I expect him to perform well.

Obstructed_View
01-21-2016, 07:17 PM
You mean like keeping Splitter nailed to the bench because he needed to get over himself? :D

I hate putting thoughts in Pop's head, but decisions like that perplex the shit out of me, and I can't imagine the real reason being less ridiculous than that.

ParadoxEN
01-25-2016, 11:09 PM
:(