PDA

View Full Version : T-Wolves: Karl-Anthony Towns..

HarlemHeat37
01-21-2016, 03:13 PM
27 points, 17 rebounds, 6 blocks, 3 assists, last night:wow..youngest player in league history to put up those types of numbers in a game..

21 PER, 16 PPG, 10 RPG, 1.8 BPG..playing on a horribly constructed team with one of the 2 worst coaches in the league, too..

Only Shaq, Duncan and Anthony Davis put up the same type of numbers as rookies in the same age range(so, excluding Robinson-types that began late)..has Towns surpassed Davis, Cousins and Drummond as the big man you would choose to build your team around, or no?

Raven
01-21-2016, 03:16 PM
what do these 4 bigs have in common? neither will ever win a title as a top 2 option.

HarlemHeat37
01-21-2016, 03:17 PM
what do these 4 bigs have in common? neither will ever win a title as a top 2 option.

So, which big would you choose to build around? Porzingis?

01-21-2016, 03:21 PM
:lol Lakers

spursistan
01-21-2016, 03:44 PM
Why these elite bigs with greatness potential keep falling into Western teams ? :lol..Thankfully the Lakers whiffed on Porzingis...

Chinook
01-21-2016, 03:59 PM
Yeah, KAT has that It-factor that Davis lacks.

Killakobe81
01-21-2016, 04:02 PM
27 points, 17 rebounds, 6 blocks, 3 assists, last night:wow..youngest player in league history to put up those types of numbers in a game..

21 PER, 16 PPG, 10 RPG, 1.8 BPG..playing on a horribly constructed team with one of the 2 worst coaches in the league, too..

Only Shaq, Duncan and Anthony Davis put up the same type of numbers as rookies in the same age range(so, excluding Robinson-types that began late)..has Towns surpassed Davis, Cousins and Drummond as the big man you would choose to build your team around, or no?

Only guy I truly regret missing out on in this year's draft. Porzingis is also doing well like him too ... but I love KAT and told everyone here he would be better than Oak.

Killakobe81
01-21-2016, 04:03 PM
:lol Lakers

This is truly worthy of the LOLz ...When oak drops an empty 20 ... doesnt make me feel shit. Watching KAT flash Ducanesque two way game ...does.

Raven
01-21-2016, 05:14 PM
So, which big would you choose to build around? Porzingis?

Perhaps.. anyway, its a sf league, you build around a sf.

apalisoc_9
01-21-2016, 05:18 PM
I made a thread a month and half ago that KAT is probably going to be the best big or even the best player in the league 3-5 years from now. Hes in a shitty situation right now though. Gotta get rid of mitchell and lavine though.

HarlemHeat37
01-21-2016, 05:35 PM
Yeah, KAT has that It-factor that Davis lacks.

He also has a much better frame for playing his position, too..Davis' frame has always been a concern, he's extremely injury-prone..

daslicer
01-21-2016, 05:41 PM
I think he passed 3 out of those 4 guys and with Davis its very close right now. One thing he has over all those guys is that he's already a very good two way player. He also has a back to the basket game which is why I see him passing Davis pretty soon. When he reaches his potential he's going to be an amazing player both him and Porzingis within a few years will be legit superstars.

TheSanityAnnex
01-21-2016, 05:55 PM
I think he passed 3 out of those 4 guys and with Davis its very close right now. One thing he has over all those guys is that he's already a very good two way player. He also has a back to the basket game which is why I see him passing Davis pretty soon. When he reaches his potential he's going to be an amazing player both him and Porzingis within a few years will be legit superstars.You'd pass on building around Cousins who's 4th in the league in scoring and rebounding?

apalisoc_9
01-21-2016, 06:11 PM
Bigs id build around if an expansiom team had the option to pick one player

KAT
Davis
porzi
cousins

daslicer
01-21-2016, 06:17 PM
You'd pass on building around Cousins who's 4th in the league in scoring and rebounding?

He shoots a horrible percentage for a big at 44 percent. Plus he's a toxic player to build a team around. His career is going to go one of two ways. He's going to have a JR Rider type of ending where he gets himself thrown out of the league for being a malcontent or he's going to be like Sheed in the sense of having to get traded to a title team for him to get his head straightened out.

TheSanityAnnex
01-21-2016, 06:33 PM
He shoots a horrible percentage for a big at 44 percent. Plus he's a toxic player to build a team around. His career is going to go one of two ways. He's going to have a JR Rider type of ending where he gets himself thrown out of the league for being a malcontent or he's going to be like Sheed in the sense of having to get traded to a title team for him to get his head straightened out.

I don't get where this toxic thing comes from. Sure he's emotional on the court but I haven't heard anything negative from his teammates.

The question was who do you build a team around not who you want to have a cosmopolitan with. 4th leading scorer and rebounder trumps your feels every time.

BD24
01-21-2016, 07:04 PM
:lol at dumb asses who tried to tell me Okafor is better and will be better :lol

Mnky
01-21-2016, 07:32 PM
So many people desperate to be acknowledged for saying the best player in the draft might turn out to be the best player in the draft... :lol

That kid is fun to watch. Hopefully they get something going on Minnesota. I like their youth, think they need more veterans to help. Should have went after thibs

BD24
01-21-2016, 07:33 PM
So many people desperate to be acknowledged for saying the best player in the draft might turn out to be the best player in the draft... :lol

That kid is fun to watch. Hopefully they get something going on Minnesota. I like their youth, think they need more veterans to help. Should have went after thibs
Nope not at all. More laughing at the dumb asses who thought that anyone else in the draft was better. He went number 1 for a reason, it should of been obvious why.

daslicer
01-21-2016, 07:36 PM
I don't get where this toxic thing comes from. Sure he's emotional on the court but I haven't heard anything negative from his teammates.

The question was who do you build a team around not who you want to have a cosmopolitan with. 4th leading scorer and rebounder trumps your feels every time.

That's the thing he's too emotional unstable to be a franchise player and that's one of the reasons I would not pick him to build a team around. Like I said before he shoots a horrible percentage for a bigman to me he's like a taller black Kevin Love on the defensive end.

TheSanityAnnex
01-21-2016, 08:10 PM
That's the thing he's too emotional unstable to be a franchise player and that's one of the reasons I would not pick him to build a team around. Like I said before he shoots a horrible percentage for a bigman to me he's like a taller black Kevin Love on the defensive end.
Your comment on his defense shows you don't actually watch him play. He's a good defender now, very good actually. And the amount of charges he takes don't show up in stats but are more valuable than blocks. I get that you don't like his attitude on the court but it's obvious you haven't seen him play this year.

Killakobe81
01-21-2016, 08:56 PM
:lol at dumb asses who tried to tell me Okafor is better and will be better :lol

Yep. It wasnt that its a surprise he is the best but it was just so many were quick to annoint oak especially in college. He still has better postvgame but Kat does almost everything else at a higher level.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-22-2016, 02:26 AM
Demarcus Cousins :rollin

UNT Eagles 2016
01-22-2016, 02:32 AM
Isiah Rider smoked too much weed, but with Sheed it was his temper tantrums more than anything else. Note::: he didn't participate in the Malice brawl.

01-22-2016, 03:08 AM
Jump shooting bigs are notoriously more difficult to build around so I would take KAT over AD or Porzingis(although I like Porzingis' game), but it's hard to say if I'd take him over Cousins. On one hand, Cousins hasn't won over 30 games in his career, but otoh maybe if he was in a better situation, on a better...things might have been different. Cousins can shoot, post up, rebound and handle the ball well for a big. Hard to take KAT's potential over that, but Cousin's seems like the type to fold under playoff pressure anyway(too emotional) so I suppose I would.

Mal
01-22-2016, 05:16 AM
Demarcus Cousins :rollin

Apart from mental issues this guy is a fucking beast.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-22-2016, 12:20 PM
Apart from mental issues this guy is a fucking beast.
A lot of weaknesses in his game besides his temper. There's a reason he's never won in the 30s or even sniffed the playoffs as the #1 option on the team. No in-between game, settles too much, doesn't play out of the double team well, is a black hole in the post... yeah he can overpower people in the low block and force his way to the rim, but that's if he actually gets there. And, his defensive awareness is pretty low and he fouls a lot taking himself out of games. Never been too impressed with him... not to mention he won't even respect the all-time greats like TD.

Thread
01-22-2016, 12:21 PM
A lot of weaknesses in his game besides his temper. There's a reason he's never won in the 30s or even sniffed the playoffs as the #1 option on the team. No in-between game, settles too much, doesn't play out of the double team well, is a black hole in the post... yeah he can overpower people in the low block and force his way to the rim, but that's if he actually gets there. And, his defensive awareness is pretty low and he fouls a lot taking himself out of games. Never been too impressed with him... not to mention he won't even respect the all-time greats like TD.

He's a loser. He's just in a winner's circle.

It happens.

Cry Havoc
01-22-2016, 12:25 PM

Unequivocally.

As high as I still am on Davis, KAT now should have not only the franchise tag applied to him (which might be fading slightly from Wiggins), he should have the Next Great Big label affixed.

He is one of the most mobile true bigs I've ever seen, and that's saying a lot. As a rookie he doesn't even appear to have a lot of holes in his offensive game, although obviously his defense isn't stellar yet.

TheSanityAnnex
01-24-2016, 03:58 PM
Demarcus Cousins :rollinfirst center to score 48 points since Shaq in '03

01-24-2016, 04:48 PM
first center to score 48 points since Shaq in '03
I haven't watched much of him this year..is he moving further away from the basket, while still being a beast on the block, or has he essentially become more of a shooting big that occasionally posts his man?

HarlemHeat37
01-24-2016, 05:00 PM
I haven't watched much of him this year..is he moving further away from the basket, while still being a beast on the block, or has he essentially become more of a shooting big that occasionally posts his man?

He was doing some of everything, last night..he was posting up Myles Turner whenever he guarded him, then he would take Jordan Hill off the dribble from the top of the key..he's becoming unstoppable, offensively..

Arcadian
01-24-2016, 05:02 PM
Will he surpass his current "mentor" Garnett? Prime Garnett was such a complete player.

01-24-2016, 05:03 PM
He was doing some of everything, last night..he was posting up Myles Turner whenever he guarded him, then he would take Jordan Hill off the dribble from the top of the key..he's becoming unstoppable, offensively..
Most complete offensive big in the league easily, maybe even player. I definitely have to catch more Kings games, the 44% fgs percentage is a little concerning.

HarlemHeat37
01-24-2016, 05:07 PM
Ya, he needs to get his TS% up to 56% or so..

TheSanityAnnex
01-24-2016, 05:46 PM
just does it all

TheSanityAnnex
01-24-2016, 05:49 PM
Ya, he needs to get his TS% up to 56% or so..
I think he could if he camped out down low. I'm not concerned with his numbers as he plays like a guard half the time. I love his game, flaws included, fun to watch as a fan.

HarlemHeat37
01-24-2016, 05:53 PM
I think he could if he camped out down low. I'm not concerned with his numbers as he plays like a guard half the time. I love his game, flaws included, fun to watch as a fan.

Actually, his TS% in January has been 59% and in November it was 57%..he had a really bad December, where his % was a horrendous 47, which kills his total number..

Overall, he's actually been pretty efficient, this year..if he continues at this rate, he's going to finish the season shooting a nice %..

apalisoc_9
01-24-2016, 06:23 PM
I wonder if minesota recognzis the fact that KAT is a superior talent than wiggins.

TheCultOfPersonality
01-24-2016, 07:47 PM
I wonder if minesota recognzis the fact that KAT is a superior talent than wiggins.

I don't know if they do, but I do. Wiggins is a one trick pony player.

HarlemHeat37
01-24-2016, 07:51 PM
They have a very poorly built team, tbh..

Wiggins and Shabazz are 1-trick players that don't positively affect their teams, Rubio's style of play kills an offense, Pekovic doesn't play D, and they're still playing Tayshaun Prince in the rotation:lol

TheSanityAnnex
01-24-2016, 08:11 PM
Actually, his TS% in January has been 59% and in November it was 57%..he had a really bad December, where his % was a horrendous 47, which kills his total number..

Overall, he's actually been pretty efficient, this year..if he continues at this rate, he's going to finish the season shooting a nice %..
1st in rebounds and points for January. Pretty impressive for a cancer.

Kawhitstorm
01-25-2016, 12:15 AM

He's basically a less efficient/over-sized version of Barkley.

HemisfairArena
01-25-2016, 12:51 AM
I have a bet with Elk over who will win the rook of the year between Towns and Okafor and I got Okafor and I may win but over the long haul Towns is the beast,,,,he looks great and has proven me wrong,,,

TheSanityAnnex
01-25-2016, 01:46 PM
He's basically a less efficient/over-sized version of Barkley.

In the month of January Cousins has 7 games of 30pts/10 rbs...no other player has more than one.

JohnnyMax
01-25-2016, 10:21 PM
I think he is under utilized.

HemisfairArena
01-25-2016, 10:43 PM
Towns is a beast,,,,

HarlemHeat37
02-10-2016, 10:36 PM
33 points-11 rebounds-3 blocks and killing it in clutch time vs. a solid Raptors team

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2016, 12:03 AM
Game winner on the road vs. Portland..he's ridiculously nice, tbh..

Best rookie since Duncan?

UNT Eagles 2016
04-10-2016, 12:12 AM

That'd be a good comparison if Garnett was like 5 or 7 years younger to be his D-Rob, tbh.

apalisoc_9
04-10-2016, 12:20 AM

Not sure if better than griffin "rookie" year.

Kawhitstorm
04-10-2016, 03:39 AM
Not sure if better than griffin "rookie" year.

Blake played 2 years in college & basically red shirted what would have been his 1st year in the NBA.

Canyonero
04-10-2016, 09:18 AM
He's the most Duncan player since Tim. Spurs must go after him in 4 years.