PDA

View Full Version : Spurs' Playoff Appearance Streak

Horry Hipcheck
01-21-2016, 08:04 PM
Hits 19 this year. At 19 consecutive seasons, they become tied for fourth with Boston. 20 would tie them for third, 21 ties them for second, 22 ties them for first with - of all franchises - Philadelphia. Depending on how the post-Duncan/Manu era goes with LMA and Kawhi, the Spurs could set the new NBA record for playoff appearances in a row with the 2020 playoffs.

I'll be curious to see how long the Spurs can sustain their playoff team status, if not their title contender status. Figured in what is turning out to be a very historic season for the franchise, noting their climb up the ladder of record holders is worthwhile.

lilbthebasedgod
01-21-2016, 08:14 PM
How do we know spurs will make playoffs this year?

will_spurs
01-21-2016, 08:17 PM

40 games to play, 20+ games ahead of 9th place in the West. I like our chances :lol

Horry Hipcheck
01-21-2016, 08:19 PM

Gonna save this for when the Spurs close the season on a 42-game losing streak.

FromWayDowntown
01-21-2016, 09:01 PM

Power rankings, tbh.

wingster
01-21-2016, 09:10 PM
If we keep everyone else once we lose Timmy and Manu...I think we'll still have the playoff streak.
What may go is our 50+ streak.

SAGirl
01-21-2016, 10:24 PM
If we keep everyone else once we lose Timmy and Manu...I think we'll still have the playoff streak.
What may go is our 50+ streak.
AS I see it, the toughest to replace is TD's defense.
No one will replace the whole package that is Manu, but plenty guys can give you scoring, and we have some promising young guys, and maybe not a single guy is ever as potent as Manu, but collectively they will be good enough for a bench. The rim protection TD provides though. . . that is probably what has really kept this team afloat through injuries to other guys all these past seasons.

benefactor
01-21-2016, 10:32 PM
Hits 19 this year. At 19 consecutive seasons, they become tied for fourth with Boston. 20 would tie them for third, 21 ties them for second, 22 ties them for first with - of all franchises - Philadelphia. Depending on how the post-Duncan/Manu era goes with LMA and Kawhi, the Spurs could set the new NBA record for playoff appearances in a row with the 2020 playoffs.

I'll be curious to see how long the Spurs can sustain their playoff team status, if not their title contender status. Figured in what is turning out to be a very historic season for the franchise, noting their climb up the ladder of record holders is worthwhile.
Mentioned this a couple of weeks ago.

I think a better question would be how long can the Spurs consecutive playoff streak go? This will be the 19th season. They should pass a quarter of a century pretty easily(longest streak of all time is 22 held by the Sixers). It's amazing to think that there are some people on this site who weren't even alive the last time the Spurs missed the playoffs.

Horry Hipcheck
01-21-2016, 11:41 PM
Mentioned this a couple of weeks ago.

Always a risk of that I suppose. This came from a bored afternoon of Internet surfing and I only went back so many pages before becoming satisfied that it hadn't been discussed recently.