PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker should be an All-Star, tbh..

HarlemHeat37
01-22-2016, 02:22 AM
He probably won't get in, but this Spurs team should have 2+ All-Stars(considering they're having a historic season), and he has easily been the 2nd best player on the team, so far(you could argue for Tim and Manu, but Duncan has missed 3 more games than TP, and Manu has played 300 less minutes)..

Do you guys think he will get in? Or not enough hype?

dabom
01-22-2016, 02:25 AM
Not enough raw production. Bill and Sean pulling for LMA just like me before the game.

spurraider21
01-22-2016, 02:25 AM
snowball's chance in heaven tbh

will_spurs
01-22-2016, 02:29 AM
I could see both Parker and LMA getting in. Actually the West is relatively weak this year so far, there are only few teams with great records or with players posting great seasons stats-wise.

Tully365
01-22-2016, 02:30 AM
Do you guys think he will get in? Or not enough hype?[/QUOTE]

By not enough hype, are you referring to your 200 posts about how he sucks?

dabom
01-22-2016, 02:31 AM
If I see 3 Spurs making it, it would be Duncan and LMA.

HarlemHeat37
01-22-2016, 02:51 AM

By not enough hype, are you referring to your 200 posts about how he sucks?[/QUOTE]

I haven't said a negative thing about Parker since last April:lol..

apalisoc_9
01-22-2016, 02:54 AM
Hes had a bigger impact than Lamarcus this year. He really should be the token spur not named leonard to make the team. Lamarcus will probably make it over him as the wildcard player though.

if the Allstar game was based on actual gameplay and contribution this year.

Curry
Kawhi
Westbrook
Durant
Green
Paul
Davis
Nowitzki
Parker
Harden
Cousins
Hayward

apalisoc_9
01-22-2016, 02:56 AM
Aldridge-Thompson etc barely made it.

The Jazz are floating in a playoff race whilst missing favors and Gobert significant time. They are playing Trey lyles, Neto etc significant minutes..jesus what an ugly roster.

Hoops Czar
01-22-2016, 03:02 AM
All-star game is a gimmick. Cal me selfish but, Hopefully Parker misses the cut. He needs to rest up and be ready for the second half because the Spurs are going to need his production.

01-22-2016, 03:02 AM
No, and he shouldn't. Curry, Paul and Westbrook are more deserving.

All Star games are popularity contests anyway, so if the fans wanted him in he would be there.

Should he make an All-NBA team would be a better discussion.

Tully365
01-22-2016, 03:07 AM
The krew in full effect tonight:lol

Tully365
01-22-2016, 03:08 AM
By not enough hype, are you referring to your 200 posts about how he sucks?

I haven't said a negative thing about Parker since last April:lol..[/QUOTE]

You're full of shit.

HarlemHeat37
01-22-2016, 03:14 AM
I haven't said a negative thing about Parker since last April:lol..

You're full of shit.[/QUOTE]

Nope..I've been speaking positively about him since Pop said he was going to work on his body during the off-season..I have to show love to an older player putting the work in to improve his body and counter decline..

Tony has always been one of my favourite players, I've been one of his biggest supporters here throughout the years..unlike most here, though, I don't have biases, I call it how it is..Parker got paid more than anybody on the Spurs, last year, yet let himself go and was way overweight..real Spurs fans like myself, apo, dabom, fkla, etc aren't cool with that..

Respect to TP for putting the work in and having an All-Star caliber 1st half of the season..

Galileo
01-22-2016, 03:15 AM
All-star subs projected by Galileostradamus

West:

Harden, CP3, Parker; G
Raymond Green, LMA; F
DJord, Pachulia; C

East:

Butler, Isaiah2, DeRozan; G
Milsap, Bosh; F
Whiteside, Drummond; C

Ginobili3
01-22-2016, 03:33 AM
I wonder if Manu will make it, its a crime against humanity he only has 2 appearances

HarlemHeat37
01-22-2016, 03:42 AM
I wonder if Manu will make it, its a crime against humanity he only has 2 appearances

Manu is the most unselfish star in league history, tbh..

SAGirl
01-22-2016, 03:42 AM
I think he should. He has come through in some important games. He's definitely been the cog that unites the SL, since Kawhi/LMA don't have a lot of chemistry, LMA has been inconsistent and he's a new guy in this system, he struggled out of the gates. Timmy has had a declining role... had a famous 0fer for the first time in his career, is playing less minutes, scoring less, and on a good game for everyone, the 4th option on offense. Defensively he's a star, but that is not the criteria for all-star.
Although, popularity-wise, hes a GOAT PF, one of the best players ever, and joy to watch, so he could get in. Just this season, Tony has been super important getting everyone to gel and picking his spots wisely.

The best offensive players have been Kawhi/Tony... I voted for him.

ceperez
01-22-2016, 06:52 AM
I think he should. He has come through in some important games. He's definitely been the cog that unites the SL, since Kawhi/LMA don't have a lot of chemistry, LMA has been inconsistent and he's a new guy in this system, he struggled out of the gates. Timmy has had a declining role... had a famous 0fer for the first time in his career, is playing less minutes, scoring less, and on a good game for everyone, the 4th option on offense. Defensively he's a star, but that is not the criteria for all-star.
Although, popularity-wise, hes a GOAT PF, one of the best players ever, and joy to watch, so he could get in. Just this season, Tony has been super important getting everyone to gel and picking his spots wisely.

The best offensive players have been Kawhi/Tony... I voted for him.

It will be odd that a team with Spurs record has just one all-star. GSW will likely have three or four all-stars.

Chinook
01-22-2016, 07:22 AM
Spurs will probably get Kawhi and Pop. and that's it. Hoping Lillard makes it so Portland has to pay him the Rose-max on his upcoming extension.

Brazil
01-22-2016, 07:22 AM
Spurs should have at least 2/3 players in this selection... They are historically good and if not for crazy GSW run would lead the NBA in their first year with a whole reshaped roster [BTW Pop is COTY and it is not even close]. What put them in such position has been so far Defense even tho offense is getting there slowly but surely.

From there Kawhi is a well deserved starter, you pick Tim because he is leading all defense metrics among Cs and PFs and has been best defensive big in the league [again Pop but also LMA deserve credits too]. Then you give third spot to LMA or TP, both have a case. Even tho TP is suffering on raw production compared to other PGs he is big part of Spurs record and is working his ass off on defense. LMA is suffering also on raw stats due to a slow start which is quite normal but he is a major reason of Duncan dominating on Defense and his offense is getting there.

SpursIndonesia
01-22-2016, 07:30 AM
LMA should be the 2nd representative of the Spurs, Parker should be happy chilling at home with his beautiful wife & lovely child, enjoying some quality time with family in the middle of basketball season while nursing any soreness & mishaps on his body.

ElNono
01-22-2016, 09:09 AM
I think one of Tony/LMA/Duncan will make it as coaches selection

houston spurs fan
01-22-2016, 09:26 AM
He probably won't get in, but this Spurs team should have 2+ All-Stars(considering they're having a historic season), and he has easily been the 2nd best player on the team, so far(you could argue for Tim and Manu, but Duncan has missed 3 more games than TP, and Manu has played 300 less minutes)..

Stop starting threads, tbh. This is about as useful as the is LaMarcus worth it after 15 games? Tbh, tbh,tbh...

EVAY
01-22-2016, 09:44 AM
I want Parker to rest. I think the coaches will pick LA or Duncan. West needs some height.

$pursDynasty
01-22-2016, 10:05 AM
If Pop is the coach I know he won't pick Tony, lol. It is a pseudo respect thing but the Spurs seem beyond it so, so am I. I would prefer all the Spurs get the rest over useless All Star Weekend, if another Spur were to make the team I would prefer it be LMA, so he knows that he didn't sacrifice all notoriety to be a Spur and get championships. For me two Spurs is enough and if they want 5 Dubs on the team let em have it. I am an Alabama fan and went to school there. We didn't get our first Heisman until Mark Ingram a few years back and got another this year but those personal awards never matter in the end it is always about championships. It's Bama's mindset, it is the Spur mindset, it's a champions mindset. No butthurt Spurs whining about snubs, just happy to have some rest, IF Duncan or TP got selected though they would never admit it, they would be secretly pissed. especially Timmy.

01-22-2016, 10:17 AM
Stop starting threads, tbh. This is about as useful as the is LaMarcus worth it after 15 games? Tbh, tbh,tbh...
Harlem just bait and double down on shit. Usually doesn't take a committed stance on something unless it's a sure fire thing. This way, if he's wrong then he can deny ever making the claim, and vice versa if he's right. Win, win.

ducks
01-22-2016, 10:31 AM
Harden no d and shots 30 perfect not an Allstar

Seventyniner
01-22-2016, 10:58 AM
If the Spurs get 3 All-Stars then the Warriors have to get 3 also. That only leaves room for 5 non-Kobe players. I'm not seeing it.

If the Spurs and Warriors had records befitting their respective point differentials (i.e. Spurs 38-5, Warriors 36-7), then I think Parker is an All-Star and the Warriors only get two. At least in my opinion, Parker has been better than Klay Thompson this season. For example, Parker's WS/48 is 0.211, Thompson's is 0.145.

Do the coaches have all the way until Thursday to make their picks for the reserves? If so, a decent to convincing Spurs win over the Warriors on Monday might tip the scales.

Seventyniner
01-22-2016, 10:59 AM
It also sucks that the Spurs and Warriors are objectively better than the teams before them that had 4 All-Stars, but these two will likely get 5 between them.

NameLess Scrub
01-22-2016, 11:15 AM
LMA should be the 2nd representative of the Spurs, Parker should be happy chilling at home with his beautiful wife & lovely child, enjoying some quality time with family in the middle of basketball season while nursing any soreness & mishaps on his body.

If Pop is the coach I know he won't pick Tony, lol. It is a pseudo respect thing but the Spurs seem beyond it so, so am I. I would prefer all the Spurs get the rest over useless All Star Weekend, if another Spur were to make the team I would prefer it be LMA, so he knows that he didn't sacrifice all notoriety to be a Spur and get championships. For me two Spurs is enough and if they want 5 Dubs on the team let em have it. I am an Alabama fan and went to school there. We didn't get our first Heisman until Mark Ingram a few years back and got another this year but those personal awards never matter in the end it is always about championships. It's Bama's mindset, it is the Spur mindset, it's a champions mindset. No butthurt Spurs whining about snubs, just happy to have some rest, IF Duncan or TP got selected though they would never admit it, they would be secretly pissed. especially Timmy.

Yes. Tony and Timmy don't need ASGs, they need rest. LMa could use one as incentive from coming to the Spurs.

If Pop somehow coaches the team he'll probably just play his old guys for less than 5 mins.

SpursFan86
01-22-2016, 11:27 AM
I'd be absolutely shocked if SA gets 3 all-stars...it'll be either Parker or LMA, and it honestly wouldn't be that shocking if neither of them make it (I'd be more surprised if both make it than if neither do). If I had to guess, I'd say Aldridge will get in.

GS will unfortunately almost certainly get 3 since people still think Klay is some massively important piece to their team...really don't think he deserves it though.

DAF86
01-22-2016, 11:30 AM
I think LA deserves it more. I also think he would care more about it. Parker is way beyond that at this point in his career, imho.

mudyez
01-22-2016, 06:43 PM
Isn't Pop a lock to coach the team?

If so, either LMA will get in, or only Kawhi.

Rain Man
01-22-2016, 06:57 PM
This is a great idea! He SHOULD be an all star. Who cares if he hurts his hip further? At least generic Spurfan will be happy to see more Spurs on the roster. Playoffs be damned!!

Galileo
01-22-2016, 06:57 PM
LMA will be an all-star pretty much for sure.

spursparker9
01-22-2016, 07:39 PM
LMA should be named a reserve over TP

gambit1990
01-26-2016, 01:31 AM
:lol

dabom
01-28-2016, 03:48 PM

lefty
01-28-2016, 04:42 PM

K...
01-28-2016, 04:46 PM
Spurs fans...gotta love em all

apalisoc_9
01-28-2016, 05:03 PM
Parker has been more instrumental this year than aldridge. Most advanced stats prove that tbh. The two players opposing teams gameplan against are parker and kawhi

Spurtacular
01-28-2016, 05:38 PM

0/10.

gambit1990
08-07-2016, 12:29 PM
this thread was made a few weeks after i made mine saying we should trade him. back when had trade value.