PDA

View Full Version : Lamarcus Aldridge " This is Kawhi's team"

apalisoc_9
01-22-2016, 03:42 AM
To be alpha..feels good tbh. I know that feeling of being Alpha, Kawhi. :toast

SAGirl
01-22-2016, 03:47 AM
He chose wisely, over being in Lillard's team, to Kawhi's team.
Lillard is salty and Portland accused him of being a diva.
He was just wise, and if he was going to be a second or third banana somewhere, he better tie his future to the best player he could find.

Wise choice Lamarcus.

hooperflash
01-22-2016, 03:48 AM
Don't play yourself, 3-0.

lil'mo
01-22-2016, 03:51 AM

:lmao

DeRozan m8
01-22-2016, 03:53 AM
Remember when Lillard acted like a legit little bitch when he didn't make All Star LMAO

Fuck playing with that.

Kawhi wants a championship, gives no fuck about this shit

hooperflash
01-22-2016, 04:03 AM
Remember when Lillard acted like a legit little bitch when he didn't make All Star LMAO

Fuck playing with that.

Kawhi wants a championship, gives no fuck about this shit

His instagram post was on some 'teenage girl crying over a break up' level kind of shit.

dabom
01-22-2016, 04:07 AM
This has always been Kawhi's team this year and last.

DeRozan m8
01-22-2016, 04:08 AM
How awkward was it when he got added due to Blakes injury LOL

ChumpDumper
01-22-2016, 04:44 AM
lol front running whore thread

DenialTwist
01-22-2016, 05:57 AM
His instagram post was on some 'teenage girl crying over a break up' level kind of shit.

Now, Lillard says he won't say anything on social media. He was embarrassed about how people perceived his instagram rant. He acted entitled and basically said thanks to the people who didn't vote for him which included the coaches and the commissioner lmao. You don't call out the coaches and Adam Silver. Big no no.

ceperez
01-22-2016, 06:20 AM
He was just wise, and if he was going to be a second or third banana somewhere, he better tie his future to the best player he could find.

Wise choice Lamarcus.

Did he actually make this comment??? That's a f*cking stupid comment for a player that isn't even consideration of being the 3rd best player on team.

DenialTwist
01-22-2016, 08:21 AM
Same interview but different reporter. From Paul Coro at AZCentral (http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nba/suns/2016/01/22/lamarcus-aldridge-calls-suns-spurs-choice-very-close/79157498/)

“Winning a ring, that’s why I’m here,” said Aldridge, who is 30 years old. “That’s my goal. That’s why I’m trying to play a new role and not be the guy that I was. I want to win a ring, get better and try to learn.”

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-22-2016, 08:41 AM
I think LMA knows, its everybody's team in San Antonio. Everybody checks their ego at the door (Parker for the most part has been doing that this year, thankfully). Kawhi is the best player. But on any given night, almost any player could be the leading scorer for the Spurs. Kawhi is just the tip of that spear.

ceperez
01-22-2016, 09:53 AM
Same interview but different reporter. From Paul Coro at AZCentral (http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nba/suns/2016/01/22/lamarcus-aldridge-calls-suns-spurs-choice-very-close/79157498/)

Stupid self-centered remark. "Not be the guy that I was".... what the hell does that mean?

I want him to play like an all-star, which incidentally he hasn't been doing.

The dude is not bringing the effort, period.

The guy has this notion that this is one player's team. That the team revolves around the play of one player. WTF is he talking about?

MultiTroll
01-22-2016, 10:27 AM
I think LMA knows, its everybody's team in San Antonio. Everybody checks their ego at the door (Parker for the most part has been doing that this year, thankfully). Kawhi is the best player. But on any given night, almost any player could be the leading scorer for the Spurs. Kawhi is just the tip of that spear.
Saw a few signs of Kawhi Kobme last night.
Forcing chit up. Double teamed, plenty of time on the shot clock and doing the fade away clanker bullshit.
Hope this can get nipped in the bud.

FromWayDowntown
01-22-2016, 10:28 AM
LA has fit in better and more quickly with the Spurs than just about any other first year guy has during the Duncan era.

His numbers are down from what they were in Portland, both because he's not playing as much and doesn't have to be *the* guy every night. When he's needed to be *the* guy, he's been that; he's been an offensive workhorse down the stretch of some tight games already and when games haven't been tight, there've been a number of instances where he's been a catalyst in blowing those games open.

He's been playable as the lone big in small-ball situations even while he learns the intricacies of defensive coverages.

He's found the spots on the floor for his offense and has become increasingly confident about just taking the shot when it's there. He's been a revelation defensively and is a big part of the reason why this team has been so strong on the defensive end.

He's going to make the All-Star team and he certainly seems to have been readily accepted by his teammates while being increasingly comfortable with them.

Of all the Spurs acquisitions by trade or free agency during the Duncan era, he is (perhaps unsurprisingly) the most immediately effective player they've brought in.

ceperez
01-22-2016, 10:32 AM
LA has fit in better and more quickly with the Spurs than just about any other first year guy has during the Duncan era. ....

Of all the Spurs acquisitions by trade or free agency during the Duncan era, he is (perhaps unsurprisingly) the most immediately effective player they've brought in.

No shit? What do you think David West is doing?

BillMc
01-22-2016, 10:36 AM

THis.

FromWayDowntown
01-22-2016, 10:42 AM
No shit? What do you think David West is doing?

David West has fit nicely. He hasn't been as impactful to the Spurs as LaMarcus Aldridge.

In my view, Aldridge's impact has exceeded the impact Boris had when he arrived mid-2012. Boris made a good team better than it had been, though that team took off because it jettisoned Richard Jefferson to bring back Stephen Jackson and open up playing time for Kawhi. Aldridge's play is like the combination of those things for this team.

Old School 44
01-22-2016, 10:45 AM

Interesting read on AZCentral about how close LMA became a Sun.

“Things change,” Aldridge said. “I’ve always enjoyed being the guy. I think working so hard in Portland to earn the right to have it be my team and to have my own team over the years and try to play at a high level, that was hard-earned. So I take pride in that. I cherish those years. I don’t want to be that guy. This team is so stacked that they really don’t need me to be that guy here.

“This is more Kawhi’s team and we all kind of fit in around him and try to make him better and try to make his life a little bit easier. I think if I was trying to be that guy still, then I should’ve not came. But I’m OK with trying to help Kawhi be great every night.”

Full Article - http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nba/suns/2016/01/22/lamarcus-aldridge-calls-suns-spurs-choice-very-close/79157498/

SupremeGuy
01-22-2016, 10:45 AM
lol front running whore threadSpeaking of salty bitches, check this one out. :lol

Seventyniner
01-22-2016, 10:50 AM

So you're an only child?

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-22-2016, 10:52 AM
Interesting read on AZCentral about how close LMA became a Sun.

“Things change,” Aldridge said. “I’ve always enjoyed being the guy. I think working so hard in Portland to earn the right to have it be my team and to have my own team over the years and try to play at a high level, that was hard-earned. So I take pride in that. I cherish those years. I don’t want to be that guy. This team is so stacked that they really don’t need me to be that guy here.

“This is more Kawhi’s team and we all kind of fit in around him and try to make him better and try to make his life a little bit easier. I think if I was trying to be that guy still, then I should’ve not came. But I’m OK with trying to help Kawhi be great every night.”

Full Article - http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nba/suns/2016/01/22/lamarcus-aldridge-calls-suns-spurs-choice-very-close/79157498/

IMO, this why we have seen the sudden transformation of Parker. It just took Parker seeing a guy that very much has a similar character in that regards to come in here and just let it go. LMA signing help the Spurs in that regards as well.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-22-2016, 10:54 AM
Forcing chit up. Double teamed, plenty of time on the shot clock and doing the fade away clanker bullshit.

I notice that too especially in the 1st quarter. Twice Boban was deep in the paint on his man but Kawhi didn't pass it to him and dribbled around before taken off balance jumpers. Those were definitely Kobe moments. I was like, WTF Kawhi.

Old School 44
01-22-2016, 10:59 AM

I notice that too especially in the 1st quarter. Twice Boban was deep in the paint on his man but Kawhi didn't pass it to him and dribbled around before taken off balance jumpers. Those were definitely Kobe moments. I was like, WTF Kawhi.

Noticed that too. But I give Kawhi a pass, I attribute it to being named a first time All-Star.

ceperez
01-22-2016, 11:01 AM
Noticed that too. But I give Kawhi a pass, I attribute it to being named a first time All-Star.

Maybe he's just not used to passing to a player in traffic.

jag
01-22-2016, 11:01 AM
IMO, this why we have seen the sudden transformation of Parker. It just took Parker seeing a guy that very much has a similar character in that regards to come in here and just let it go. LMA signing help the Spurs in that regards as well.

What the hell are you talking about?

LongtimeSpursFan
01-22-2016, 11:04 AM

Yup saw the same thing. This is why a Kawhi led team where he is the focal point on offense will struggle. Kawhi doesn't have the ability to score when a second defender is rotated to him or when he gets the ball early in offense. Parker and/or Aldridge should have the offense run through them with Kawhi picking his spots.

ceperez
01-22-2016, 11:06 AM
Yup saw the same thing. This is why a Kawhi led team where he is the focal point on offense will struggle. Kawhi doesn't have the ability to score when a second defender is rotated to him or when he gets the ball early in offense. Parker and/or Aldridge should have run the offense run through them with Kawhi picking his spots.

Kawhi just doesn't have the experience to run the offense. He'll need a couple more years to do that.

Parker really is where the offense runs through. That's a reality we have to accept.

LMA also doesn't know how to run the offense. He's got tunnel vision when the ball is in his hands.

loveforthegame
01-22-2016, 11:15 AM

He took some bad shots but why not let him work on some do's and dont's against a depleted Suns team? Let him work in the post and double teams? I was hoping Green would get some shooting practice in too.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-22-2016, 11:17 AM
What the hell are you talking about?

I already addressed this a couple of months ago. Parker transition of becoming the PG the Spurs need at this point was mental. Against the Clips, Parker was down right atrocious. Couldn't defend, pressing his shots when it wasn't there, not passing to the open man when the lanes were available.

I think he finally was able to get over that mental hump of not having to be top scorer and go to guy every night after seeing LMA, who has those same tendencies, just as he himself admitted in his interview last night, give it up. I think that was Parker needed to see and experience. To see someone just like himself change and transition as a player mentally. That is why I believe it 100% when Parker said after the Cavs game that he doesn't care about all-stars but just wants to win championships.

Gutter92
01-22-2016, 11:29 AM
I think every Spurs fan that has 2 functioning eyes knew this already...

It has to suck to be one of the people pushing Aldridge as the alpha, to hear him say something so beta tbh...soul crushing...the krew had it right once again.

K...
01-22-2016, 11:34 AM
It's funny. I was thinking last game about the horrible prospect of lma playing with the suns. Horrible for him. The worst of the Portland personality prospects with out any talent. They would obv be a good shot for the eighth seed, but lma would be so broken with the suns and the need to be the lead player every night.

Dingle Barry
01-22-2016, 11:37 AM
Stupid self-centered remark. "Not be the guy that I was".... what the hell does that mean?

The guy has this notion that this is one player's team. That the team revolves around the play of one player. WTF is he talking about?

Not self centered at all. He meant that he was a guy that was worried about his individual accomplishments, but now he is focused on being a cog in a great machine.

ceperez
01-22-2016, 11:37 AM
I think every Spurs fan that has 2 functioning eyes knew this already...

It has to suck to be one of the people pushing Aldridge as the alpha, to hear him say something so beta tbh...soul crushing...the krew had it right once again.

He's not even a Beta. More like a Gamma with an Alpha salary.

ChumpDumper
01-22-2016, 11:45 AM
Speaking of salty bitches, check this one out. :lolWho are you?

cjw
01-22-2016, 11:45 AM
It's honestly too bad that NBA voters outside of Portland and New Orleans couldn't push momentum to put Davis and Lillard into the ASG as starters. I would gladly have given up Kawhi's nominal starting spot (he was making the game anyway) to see either of those teams get f'd over by the Rose Rule and have to pay Davis and/or Lillard 30% of the cap instead of 25%.

bic50
01-22-2016, 11:50 AM
When did he say this?

GSH
01-22-2016, 11:53 AM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/95/959b6064404c36916ad01a4675b0669bb13fa07fd7835be357 282ce6fce34c80.jpg

ceperez
01-22-2016, 12:34 PM
Not self centered at all. He meant that he was a guy that was worried about his individual accomplishments, but now he is focused on being a cog in a great machine.

No, it's a BS remark. He is actually saying, "I'm not the man, so I don't have to bring maximum effort every game".

UNT Eagles 2016
01-22-2016, 12:35 PM

Wise choice Lamarcus.
:toast

Silver&Black
01-22-2016, 12:36 PM
"I don't care about any of that. I just want to win championships"

SAGirl
01-22-2016, 12:44 PM
Here is the original article, since Apalisoc didn't post it:
http://www.expressnews.com/sports/spurs/article/Another-Spurs-victory-and-no-regrets-for-6776302.php?t=88c05a9c9b927fc3fb&cmpid=twitter-premium

Quotes from Aldridge:

He was talking – reluctantly at first -- about the brief moment in July when he envisioned himself occupying the other locker room down the hall.
“It came down to Phoenix and San Antonio,” Aldridge said of the summer’s hottest free agent bonanza. “That wasn’t overplayed. That was accurate.”

“I’ve always enjoyed being the guy,” Aldridge said. “I worked hard in Portland to earn the right for it to be my team. That was hard-earned, so I take pride in that.”But, Aldridge also noted, “things change.”
“I don’t see myself being that guy here,” Aldridge said. “This is more Kawhi’s team, and we all fit in around him and try to make his life a little easier. If I was trying to be that guy still, I should have not come. I’m OK trying to help Kawhi be great every night.”

Spurminator
01-22-2016, 12:53 PM
I'll be honest, I did not see this coming. I knew Kawhi had the potential to be really good, but his ascension to the elite has been unbelievably fast.

Best player on the league's best team did not seem like a realistic expectation for him, but it's really fun to watch him prove me more and more wrong every night.

DarrinS
lol front running whore thread

fish on

SpursBig3s

My God, you nit-pick EVERYTHING about LMA don't you? Unbelievable

Chinook
It's honestly too bad that NBA voters outside of Portland and New Orleans couldn't push momentum to put Davis and Lillard into the ASG as starters. I would gladly have given up Kawhi's nominal starting spot (he was making the game anyway) to see either of those teams get f'd over by the Rose Rule and have to pay Davis and/or Lillard 30% of the cap instead of 25%.

Davis already reached it by being an All-Star or All-NBA in two separate years, I think. Lillard for sure, though. McCollum is already as good as Dame is on regular nights, though Dame does have that extra gear.

r0drig0lac
01-22-2016, 12:56 PM

lmao

AFMadison
01-22-2016, 01:08 PM
Dude you are the definition of beta. You got your family monitoring your posts

dabom
01-22-2016, 01:52 PM
Speaking of salty bitches, check this one out. :lol

You know this guy just gets mad for no fucking reason. :lol

lefty
01-22-2016, 02:03 PM
PORKER :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

skulls138
01-22-2016, 02:05 PM
Games like Phoenix is where he should really work on his game. I get the feeling he thought it would be easier and when it wasnt he didnt know what to do. Seemed nervous. Pops should run plays for him on nights like this and tell him to either score down low or go to the free throw line. Dont give up the dribble, dont cop out with a fadeaway.

And it is Kawhis team but theres definitely lots of room for him to improve and it still be Kawhis team. Actually though its still Duncans.

SAGirl
01-22-2016, 02:21 PM
Games like Phoenix is where he should really work on his game. I get the feeling he thought it would be easier and when it wasnt he didnt know what to do. Seemed nervous. Pops should run plays for him on nights like this and tell him to either score down low or go to the free throw line. Dont give up the dribble, dont cop out with a fadeaway.

And it is Kawhis team but theres definitely lots of room for him to improve and it still be Kawhis team. Actually though its still Duncans.
I will be honest: 2 things I saw against Phoenix.
The starting lineup was focused on Kawhi.
A few people commented on his Kawhobe tendencies to chuck midrange shots. He was fed the ball, and the offense was ran through him. He shot poorly and settled for bad shots, wasn't necessarily playmaking his best to begin with. The focus was clearly on him. I saw him try to work on developing his tricks out of double teams and such. The SL wasn't really playing very well. So that comment aimed at the starters was not LMA and Green (who only played 12 minutes by the way, bc he was giving of his time to new wings Simmons/Anderson), but all of them as a unit.

The second thing evident in that game was that Pop is developing the next generation Spurs. Ray, Simmons, Boban, Anderson got a lot of time and were guided by Boris at times. The focus of the game was on their progression. Boban started slow and struggling, apparently they looked at video at half time and he was much much better the second half. Anderson got free in the 4th Q to make plays and we scored 38 pts and ran over the Suns. Just a lot of the game was focused on development.

ceperez
01-22-2016, 02:34 PM

Exactly, a very stupid remark... the Spurs is Duncan's team.

will_spurs
01-22-2016, 02:36 PM

:lmao

So you're just posting here to fill the quota for comic relief?

cjw
01-22-2016, 02:38 PM
Davis already reached it by being an All-Star or All-NBA in two separate years, I think. Lillard for sure, though. McCollum is already as good as Dame is on regular nights, though Dame does have that extra gear.

I thought so too that it was two of either ASG start / All-NBA, but have been reading otherwise in a few articles. From CapFAQ, it seems that you need either two ASG starts OR two All-NBA. Can't mix and match.

However, a player may receive up to the 7-9 year maximum, which is based on 30% of the cap, if he meets any of the following criteria (called the "5th Year 30% Max criteria"):

Named to the All-NBA First, Second or Third team at least twice
Voted as a starter in the All-Star game at least twice
Named the NBA Most Valuable Player at least once

will_spurs
01-22-2016, 02:46 PM
I thought so too that it was two of either ASG start / All-NBA, but have been reading otherwise in a few articles. From CapFAQ, it seems that you need either two ASG starts OR two All-NBA. Can't mix and match.

However, a player may receive up to the 7-9 year maximum, which is based on 30% of the cap, if he meets any of the following criteria (called the "5th Year 30% Max criteria"):

Named to the All-NBA First, Second or Third team at least twice
Voted as a starter in the All-Star game at least twice
Named the NBA Most Valuable Player at least once

Even mixing and matching, both Davis and Lillard are 1x All-NBA and have never been voted as a starter to the ASG. They could get their 2nd All-NBA this year, but since they've both already signed their extension I don't know if that would change anything...

ChumpDumper
01-22-2016, 02:47 PM
fish onCalling it what it is.

ChumpDumper
01-22-2016, 02:48 PM
You know this guy just gets mad for no fucking reason. :lollol you're the meltdown king tho.

ceperez
01-22-2016, 02:51 PM
I will be honest: 2 things I saw against Phoenix.
The starting lineup was focused on Kawhi.
A few people commented on his Kawhobe tendencies to chuck midrange shots. He was fed the ball, and the offense was ran through him. He shot poorly and settled for bad shots, wasn't necessarily playmaking his best to begin with. The focus was clearly on him. I saw him try to work on developing his tricks out of double teams and such. The SL wasn't really playing very well. So that comment aimed at the starters was not LMA and Green (who only played 12 minutes by the way, bc he was giving of his time to new wings Simmons/Anderson), but all of them as a unit.

The second thing evident in that game was that Pop is developing the next generation Spurs. Ray, Simmons, Boban, Anderson got a lot of time and were guided by Boris at times. The focus of the game was on their progression. Boban started slow and struggling, apparently they looked at video at half time and he was much much better the second half. Anderson got free in the 4th Q to make plays and we scored 38 pts and ran over the Suns. Just a lot of the game was focused on development.

It looked to me that Kawhi was not involved in most of the offense in the first quarter. Aldridge and West were taking most of the shots. Lately, Leonard has been pacing himself and tends to defer offense to other players in the first quarter. He gets more involved usually in the second half.

Honestly, the "aren't enthused" remark of the starters can only be directed at LMA. Green played only 12 minutes. LMA played around the same number of minutes as West yet West fires at a 75% clip while Aldridge was at 33%. As far McCallum, Pop doesn't give a damn about him. He's just a poor orchestrator of the offense and has shown to be just an average shooter both in the NBA and the D-league.

Look at the averages for West this season and compare it to Aldridge. It is not even close. West is shooting 66%. Aldridge is shooting 52%. (numbers for January) If you watch the games, West shots always look like they might go in, but Aldridge shots tend to miss really badly. If you recall that play where Simmons catches an air-ball and dunks the ball? That air-ball was an Aldridge shot. He is a very streaky player where some games he's on a roll but other games he misses wide open shots.

So I was thinking that Aldridge would shoot well against bad teams, but based on his stats, that is 50/50. Same with good teams, half the time he is invisible.

Stabula
01-22-2016, 03:22 PM

It sucks that faggots like you weren't stillborn

skulls138
01-22-2016, 05:05 PM
West is playing free because hes into the team concept. He does whatever it takes and is rewarded for it. LA seems to have a need for things to be a certain way, like him being the guy. Not in a "Im going to secretly not try hard because Im not #1" kind of thing but he seems a bit confused that hes not the man and his game revolves around him being the man. Its a work in progress.