PDA

View Full Version : Would you trade Kawhi for LeBron?

JohnnyMax
01-22-2016, 07:50 PM
So this guy Peter Krouse believes Cleveland should trade LeBron albeit he has some valid points.

http://www.cleveland.com/opinion/index.ssf/2016/01/trade_lebron_if_only_it_were_p.html

DeRozan m8
01-22-2016, 07:57 PM
NO.FUCKING.WAY.

NEVER

EVER

Mal
01-22-2016, 07:59 PM
:lmao Cleveland is not fucking going to win shit without LeBron. And LeBron wont be traded in this league, ever.

BillMc
01-22-2016, 08:05 PM
No

hooperflash
01-22-2016, 08:09 PM
No.

rexrobinson
01-22-2016, 08:13 PM
Nah, I subscribe to the theory of "don't fix something that ain't broken."

I also subscribe to "Don't shit where you eat"

Robz4000
Not at this point. If Lebron was 2 years younger, definitely.

spursistan
No.

steeledl
01-22-2016, 08:17 PM
It would make us better for the next couple of years but would hurt us logterm .

BillMc
01-22-2016, 08:21 PM
OT, but is there anyone ST users would trade Kawhi for? Durant? Curry? Anthony Davis?

lilbthebasedgod
01-22-2016, 08:22 PM
absolutely. In a heartbeat

maverick1948
01-22-2016, 08:24 PM
No to all the trades listed. No to LeChoke, No to Curry the chucker, no to Durant and NO to Davis.

Just not worth waiting 2 years for them to catch up to where Kawhi is.

TrainOfThought5
01-22-2016, 08:32 PM
At this point in time, there is NO player in the NBA that I would trade Kawhi for. Period.

SAGirl
01-22-2016, 08:34 PM
OT, but is there anyone ST users would trade Kawhi for? Durant? Curry? Anthony Davis?
No. He came in as a wing with tremendous defensive upside. Hard work, and HoF coaching, plus all the experience he's gotten being in a good team and competing in playoffs + his own talent have made him a franchise player. Basically not born, but bred by the Spurs.

Bring in a new guy there is always the fit issue, whether they will turn out as you expected or not. I pass.

The only players that I think would be better to build around are guys like KAT and Porzingod, just bc a superstar big man will always be able to impact the game in an entirely different level, between their rim protection, defensive upside, and the rebounding... you need those things to win championships. Then if those young big men can also score from all over, inside, outside, and are agile as heck like a gazelle... watch out league.

These young big men are also younger than Kawhi, and carrying franchises younger than Kawhi is doing. Really the only guys that would make me consider it.

A.Davis... not sure TBH. He has been tremendous but has underachieved so far, and there are issues of durability with him.

wingster
01-22-2016, 08:35 PM
Nope.

Reck
01-22-2016, 08:35 PM
Johnny Max taking his shit threads upstairs now. :lol

dabom
01-22-2016, 08:37 PM
:lol

BatManu20
01-22-2016, 08:39 PM
No. But the question is moot anyways.

SAGirl
01-22-2016, 08:40 PM
For Lebron? No.
At this point I do think Lebron is starting to be overrated. He's starting to look past his prime or on the very edge of it. Him having all these back issues.... last season looking really done, like Tony when he's going through his maladies. No way I trade Kawhi for Lebron.

DeRozan m8
01-22-2016, 08:43 PM
I think people forget Kawhi is only 24

cjw
01-22-2016, 08:49 PM
If you had to rank players based on trade value based on current contracts, you'd have to put Kawhi 1st, 2nd or 3rd with Curry and Davis. Lebron and Durant are both technically pending FAs, and Westbrook is just a year away. Could argue the current few rookies based on the $10mm of additional incremental cap space that comes with them vs. a guy on a max deal, but cap isn't as important having gone up.

That said, even if you put Davis first, doesn't mean you'd trade Kawhi for him. You wouldn't dump your wife for someone just slightly debatably hotter.

PrimeMinister
01-22-2016, 08:50 PM
Kawhi is untouchable.

spursistan
01-22-2016, 08:51 PM

bic50
01-22-2016, 08:55 PM
No way

Aztecfan03
01-22-2016, 09:04 PM
No way. 1. kawhi's defense is way too valuable to us.
2. even if lebron is still better(kawhi's making a good case against that) he won't be for long
3. we have kawhi on a team-friendly contract for the future.

Aztecfan03
01-22-2016, 09:09 PM
If you had to rank players based on trade value based on current contracts, you'd have to put Kawhi 1st, 2nd or 3rd with Curry and Davis.

That said, even if you put Davis first, doesn't mean you'd trade Kawhi for him. You wouldn't dump your wife for someone just slightly debatably hotter.

YES. But Davis would be tempting if duncan retires(not for this year obviously). I think I would still want kawhi though. Need would be a big factor in that type of trade.

SpursFan86
01-22-2016, 09:11 PM
Probably not. LeBron is still better this year, but he's on the decline while Kawhi is likely to improve (or at least remain at this same level for years to come). Also, LeBron isn't nearly as good of a fit on this current squad as Kawhi. Parker/LeBron/Aldridge is pretty awful fit-wise :lol

ducks
01-22-2016, 09:15 PM
Would not two years ago
And James refuses to sign long term deals
And would James handle pop screaming at his bad play

daslicer
01-22-2016, 09:16 PM
Two things Kawhi is better then Lebron at is his defense and post up game. Kawhi's post up game is hundred times better than Lebron. With that all being said Lebron is still the better player but he is declining and you just don't know the type of nagging injuries he's dealing with.

SpurPadre
01-22-2016, 09:21 PM
No, imagine the circus after he finds out that TP fucked his mom.

daslicer
01-22-2016, 09:22 PM

Come on TP would never sleep with Lebron's mom but he would smash Lebron's wife.

SpurPadre
01-22-2016, 09:26 PM
Seriously, though, if you can get a guarantee from Cousins that he will stop his act and handle himself with class and respect for his coaches and teammates, would any of you trade Kawhi for him? At this point, that's a more intriguing proposition. I'd still stick with Kawhi, though.

SpurPadre
01-22-2016, 09:29 PM
Come on TP would never sleep with Lebron's mom but he would smash Lebron's wife.

Delonte West did. Then again, he can always ask them for menage a trois.

rasuo214
01-22-2016, 09:32 PM
Seriously, though, if you can get a guarantee from Cousins that he will stop his act and handle himself with class and respect for his coaches and teammates, would any of you trade Kawhi for him? At this point, that's a more intriguing proposition. I'd still stick with Kawhi, though.

There's no way to guarantee that, Cousins is what he is.

As for Lebron, he wouldn't fit in very well and is near the end of his prime. Plus there's no guarantee he'll stay since he signs short term deals as leverage (another reason why he wouldn't fit in with the Spurs).

baseline bum
01-22-2016, 09:39 PM

This

SpurPadre
01-22-2016, 09:39 PM
There's no way to guarantee that, Cousins is what he is.

As for Lebron, he wouldn't fit in very well and is near the end of his prime. Plus there's no guarantee he'll stay since he signs short term deals as leverage (another reason why he wouldn't fit in with the Spurs).

No one thought Rodman would change but he cut the crap when the Bulls got him. It's possible.

Pauleta14
01-22-2016, 09:50 PM
:lmao

You should have done a poll, just to see who could say yes...

rasuo214
01-22-2016, 09:52 PM
No one thought Rodman would change but he cut the crap when the Bulls got him. It's possible.

Cousins can change, but there's no way to guarantee he'll change. He can promise all he wants and it won't mean anything. Also I'm not sure Rodman changed that much but even still Rodman was in his mid 30s when he was traded to the Bulls and towards the end of his career. Cousins is still at the start of his prime, I don't see him changing anytime soon.

SpurPadre
01-22-2016, 09:57 PM
Cousins can change, but there's no way to guarantee he'll change. He can promise all he wants and it won't mean anything. Also I'm not sure Rodman changed that much but even still Rodman was in his mid 30s when he was traded to the Bulls and towards the end of his career. Cousins is still at the start of his prime, I don't see him changing anytime soon.

True but my point is that he's the only player for whom I'd entertain the notion of trading Kawhi. And under several conditions at that.

Aztecfan03
01-22-2016, 10:07 PM
Davis is also two years younger though.

100%duncan
01-22-2016, 11:55 PM
Why?

.G.
01-23-2016, 01:34 AM
Dat nigga bron is done.

.G.
01-23-2016, 01:41 AM
Maaaaaaybe consider Kawhi for Davis+Whiteside+Curry+Butler+Porzingod+lottery picks+$$$$.

But, still wouldn't be enough...so no.

GSH
01-23-2016, 01:43 AM
This also came up at the team meeting last week, and I told Pop no. He liked the idea, but after Blatt got fired, he agrees with me. Doesn't matter - I was never going to let him make the trade anyway.

Obstructed_View
01-23-2016, 01:54 AM
If he didn't fit so well with the team, probably no. With the Spurs on a 70-win pace with a 24 year old Kawhi? Faaaaaack no.

01-23-2016, 03:39 AM
He's a locker room cancer

thiste
01-23-2016, 03:59 AM
No, but I'll trade Bonner for him! Do we have a deal?

Kawhitstorm
01-23-2016, 04:09 AM
Would you trade a Tesla for a gas guzzling 2005 Escalade?

apalisoc_9
01-23-2016, 04:19 AM

Would you trade a Tesla for a gas guzzling 2005 Escalade?

spurs10
01-23-2016, 04:24 AM
First thing he would do is have Pop fired...

ego
01-23-2016, 04:49 AM
NO !

Slime Baller
01-23-2016, 02:54 PM
Who would--why--no, man, just no.

spursistan
01-23-2016, 04:33 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2016/0123/CurryKawhiLeBron.jpg

Mr Bones
01-23-2016, 05:06 PM
Kawhi's not even at his prime yet and signed to a very reasonable max deal. LeBron is 31 and aiming to cash in on the rising cap to make 30 mil/yr... I wouldn't even consider it for a second. Kawhi has already hinted that he wants to follow in the footsteps of Duncan, Robinson, Tony, and Manu and stay a Spur for his whole career... with one more masterful draft pick and another free agent, San Antonio could easily continue their playoff/ 50+ win streak for ten more years...

Spurs9
01-23-2016, 05:07 PM
Maybe for Davis

illusioNtEk
01-23-2016, 05:13 PM
2 years ago.... this thread would be so different.... how times change huh

Mr Bones
01-23-2016, 05:17 PM
Maybe for Davis

The one far-looking daydream I have is of AD getting tired of losing in New Orleans and leaving the next time he's a free agent. That would be in 2021, when Kawhi would be 30 and Davis will be 28... imagine that!

SupremeGuy
01-23-2016, 05:18 PM
If Lebron was 4-5 years younger? Maybe. Now? Yeah-fucking-right. :lol

Horry Hipcheck
01-23-2016, 05:19 PM
No, and Davis is the only one worthy of having a discussion about. Even that trade I'd turn down.

SupremeGuy
01-23-2016, 05:21 PM
:lmao Cleveland is not fucking going to win shit without LeBron. And LeBron wont be traded in this league, ever.For as much love as he has for the 'Land he really fucked them by spending his prime years in Miami. :lol He came back just to fucking tease them and shit. Kinda heartless, tbh.

Baseline21
01-23-2016, 07:43 PM
It kinda of crazy how Kawhi's game has improved by miles. As Spurs fan we would've traded him 2 years ago in a heartbeat. Now to me this guy is untradeable. Guy is just going to get better. Their would only be 2 guys I would think of Davis and curry but to me Kawhi is a no trade because look at Davis he's younger but the guy already has a shoulder injury and let's face it, he's always injured and has low pain pain tolerance. Curry has a history of ankle problems and to me Kawhi is the most healthy of them all. Yeah Kawhi had eye infection and broken thumb or thumb injury. Curry ankles are very fragile and now he has this shin problem. It's just amazing from 2years ago to now how we might have the best player in the game. No one would've said that 2yrs ago. All the credit goes to Kawhi and wanting to be the best. Kawhi isn't afraid of anyone. Before Kawhi their was no one going toe to toe with LeBron because LeBron wasn't scared of anyone until Kawhi stood toe to toe with him in 1st finals and now LeBron is scared.

Kidd K
01-23-2016, 07:51 PM
5 years ago, sure.

Now? No. He's going to be a lot less effective in a few years while Kawhi will be peaking. No point in dumping the future for LeBron now

SpursDynasty
01-23-2016, 07:53 PM
That's as bad as Dallas trading Devin Harris for Jason Kidd.

benefactor
01-23-2016, 07:54 PM
That's as bad as Dallas trading Devin Harris for Jason Kidd.
Sup LJ...how are the youngsters?

UZER
01-23-2016, 08:09 PM

Not really. The league just gave him a longer leash. When he was with SA, media was openly questioning whether he should be in the league for being dirty. Soon as he got to Chicago, he was just "crafty" and a "master" at getting in players heads. Rodman didn't change. He just became Jordans teammates.

MVPCues
01-23-2016, 08:22 PM
If lebron was also 24 and we knew he would stick around like kawhi will then yes. At 31? No. That trade would be a net gain for only a few years with no guarantee the team is truly better in the short term due to loss of defense.

random21
01-23-2016, 08:38 PM
F NO!

bic50
01-23-2016, 09:08 PM
It kinda of crazy how Kawhi's game has improved by miles. As Spurs fan we would've traded him 2 years ago in a heartbeat. Now to me this guy is untradeable. Guy is just going to get better. Their would only be 2 guys I would think of Davis and curry but to me Kawhi is a no trade because look at Davis he's younger but the guy already has a shoulder injury and let's face it, he's always injured and has low pain pain tolerance. Curry has a history of ankle problems and to me Kawhi is the most healthy of them all. Yeah Kawhi had eye infection and broken thumb or thumb injury. Curry ankles are very fragile and now he has this shin problem. It's just amazing from 2years ago to now how we might have the best player in the game. No one would've said that 2yrs ago. All the credit goes to Kawhi and wanting to be the best. Kawhi isn't afraid of anyone. Before Kawhi their was no one going toe to toe with LeBron because LeBron wasn't scared of anyone until Kawhi stood toe to toe with him in 1st finals and now LeBron is scared.

:bobo well said

tonight...you
01-23-2016, 09:11 PM
This also came up at the team meeting last week, and I told Pop no. He liked the idea, but after Blatt got fired, he agrees with me. Doesn't matter - I was never going to let him make the trade anyway.
Stand on that table GSH. I'm right there with you!
You know, spiritually and all that rot.

BillMc
01-23-2016, 11:19 PM
Even drunk RC would never make that phone call...

Mikeanaro
01-23-2016, 11:47 PM
Shitty thread, tbh.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-23-2016, 11:52 PM
Not even if you threw Bryant, Garnett, and Dirk in the deal tbh.

Chinook
01-24-2016, 02:57 AM
Lebron is one of the hardest players in the league to build around. He's still better than Kawhi, but he's not worth completely pacifying Parker and LMA so James can post up. And Kawhi's better defensive. Add in the contract, and I wouldn't even think about it. I wouldn't even do Kawhi and Tony for Kyrie and Lebron.

Mnky
01-24-2016, 03:09 AM
LeBron, no. I believe Kawhi is the better shooter at the moment, which works better in a system, and he's the best defender.

Curry, depends on other pieces.
Whether people want to admit it or not, San Antonio would have a top 5 defense with or without Kawhi. Also having the best offensive threat in the game with the best coach.. well yea. That's definitely considerable.

spursistan
01-24-2016, 01:40 PM
Once that physical decline hits another gear, Lebron fall off will be even more remarkable..He's slowly becoming putrid shooter who can only make layupps..I honestly don't picture him a top 10 player in the league at 34-35 yo..

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZdTu0ZWEAAaSnF.jpg

SPURt
01-24-2016, 02:06 PM
Hell no! Kawhi is the most skilled offensive player to win DPOY since Hakeem Olajuwon. I know Garnett won it once with the Celtics his first year there but he started falling off the year after winning. I don't think there is a player in the league I would trade Kawhi for right now. He can shoot from 3, post up, and has a great mid range fade away a la Jordan. Curry is the best shooter in the history of the league, but does Curry make any team he is traded to better than Kawhi? I don't think so. Kawhi's versatility makes him the most valuable player in the league as of today. The draft trade for Kawhi looks like it will go down as the best draft day trade ever consummated. I sent RC Buford a notarized letter offering him unlimited blow j's for life for acquiring Kawhi. I am still waiting to hear back, but if he ever does respond I will be sure to post it here.

DJR210
01-24-2016, 02:10 PM

cjw
01-24-2016, 03:26 PM
LeBron, no. I believe Kawhi is the better shooter at the moment, which works better in a system, and he's the best defender.

Curry, depends on other pieces.
Whether people want to admit it or not, San Antonio would have a top 5 defense with or without Kawhi. Also having the best offensive threat in the game with the best coach.. well yea. That's definitely considerable.

You just believe he's the better shooter? More like Lebron is one of the worst shooters in the NBA from outside the paint this year. Lebron's improved a bit in January, but Kawhi's still well ahead of him despite a down month.

Agreed that they'd have a top 5 defense with or without Kawhi (assuming he were replaced with someone competent). But they wouldn't be #1 and ranking as an all time great defensively.

gambit1990
01-24-2016, 03:36 PM
can i trade parker for lebron?

sasaint
01-24-2016, 07:55 PM
Once that physical decline hits another gear, Lebron fall off will be even more remarkable..He's slowly becoming putrid shooter who can only make layupps..I honestly don't picture him a top 10 player in the league at 34-35 yo..

Thanks for sharing the graphic. But even if I hadn't seen it, I still wouldn't trade Kawhi for LeBron.

Chinook
01-24-2016, 08:38 PM
Lebron will age well once he moves down to the four permanently. Issue is Irving isn't good enough to be the best perimeter player on a title team, and they traded their best hope for getting another such player for Love, who's obviously going to be squeezed out of the rotation once Lebron makes his move. That's why they need to stop messing around and move Love for a perimeter star or two. They shouldn't listen to James -- he has no idea how to build a title team.

Brazil
01-24-2016, 09:32 PM

No

and I don't even feel like a homer... Who knew that trading George hill for a pick would give the Spurs Kawhi

Chillen
01-25-2016, 09:19 AM
If I was a GM I would only trade Kawhi straight up for Durant and Westbrook, that's it. He is a special player now. No to LeBron, dude is a cancer at this point, he would have Pop fired and replaced with Mark Jackson.

BillMc
01-25-2016, 08:12 PM
Wasn't there some thread/article about 3 years ago where we were all discussing if it would be worth trading Kawhi and parts for Kevin Love? I remember it was quite a debate. It was after he first hinted that he wanted out of Minnesota and every team was talking about how they could get him.

Now, it's laughable...RC would hang up on the Cavs mid-sentence.

Capster
01-25-2016, 08:30 PM
Seriously? NO!!!

spursistan
06-01-2018, 03:10 PM

I can't believe how I embarrassed my self with this post :lmao..

It is definitely a combination of two factors; Lebron defying the odds for what constitutes a "player peak timeline" and Kawhi getting exposed for his softie attitude/character and health unreliability..

Texas_Ranger
06-01-2018, 03:32 PM
I'd trade half of our roster with our superstar vagina for LeBron

ducks
06-15-2018, 01:57 PM
YEP