PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Kobe Forces Building Maintenance Crew To Change Rim Height After Missing Many Shots

Koolaid_Man
01-22-2016, 10:06 PM
:lol fucking Kobe....my nigga was the realest...true narcissist pure Alpha shit..well done Kobe...well done :toast

As told by Gerald Henderson from the Players Tribune

So I’m shooting around and there’s still about 45 minutes until tip. Kobe’s on the other end, still shooting, and I’m glancing over at him. Remember, I’m a rookie. I want to see how this guy approaches warm-ups. Maybe I can learn something from him. Steal a move or two.

I looked up and he had stopped shooting. Kobe was up to something.

But it was weird: he was missing more shots than he was making. Honestly, he was missing a lot.

All of a sudden, I looked up and Kobe had stopped shooting. He was holding the ball on his hip with one hand — and motioning to the sideline with the other.

Then all sorts of commotion started.

A crew of maintenance guys showed up from out of nowhere. It looked like a hockey line change — maintenance guys rushing on and off the court. Kobe was saying something to them and gesturing. But from where I was standing, I couldn’t make out what they were saying.

Suddenly, there was a ladder being set up under the basket. Kobe’s pointing up at the rim and the maintenance guys are positioning the ladder. A measuring tape is involved.
PHOTOGRAPH BY ANDREW D. BERNSTEIN/NBAE/GETTY

What’s going on? Kobe was up to something.

I’m standing at half court watching the scene play out, and Kobe starts walking over to me.

“Something wrong with the rim.” “Oh yeah?”

We’re watching a guy climb the ladder and tinker with the rim.

“It’s too low. The rim’s a quarter of an inch too low.”

“Huh?” I mumble. I’d never really heard about maintenance issues with a rim before a game.

“What do you mean?”

“I was missing shots that I don’t miss. I’m pretty sure it’s low. A quarter of an inch.”
Then it was over. That was it. Our first conversation. He went back to his shooting routine.

Two things pop into my head:

Man I can’t believe I just had a conversation with that cat…

… and

Dude, Kobe, maybe it’s not the rim. Maybe you’re just … missing shots.

DMC
01-23-2016, 12:36 AM
Kobe got his rim adjusted tonight.

Reck
01-23-2016, 12:39 AM
^:lmao

Splits
01-23-2016, 12:43 AM
Ms. Faber knows a quarter inch

Silver&Black
01-23-2016, 12:45 AM

:lmao Ho Lee Chit

ElNono
01-23-2016, 01:16 AM

:lmao

Mnky
01-23-2016, 01:16 AM

:lol

UNT Eagles 2016
01-23-2016, 01:27 AM
Expected an Onion article, disappointment, but leave satisfied due to replies

100%duncan
01-23-2016, 02:07 AM

Backfire :lol

TDMVPDPOY
01-23-2016, 04:15 AM
so they change the height, yet still throw bricks?

Koolaid_Man
01-23-2016, 08:23 AM

So who licked his ass?

RGMCSE
01-26-2016, 12:45 AM
Bump.