PDA

View Full Version : Pop going to Toronto?

will_spurs
01-23-2016, 03:28 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14629707/with-golden-state-warriors-coach-steve-kerr-ineligible-nba-deciding-coach-western-conference-all-star-team

The league is deciding if Warriors assistant Luke Walton would be eligible.
Spokesman Tim Frank says: "We are reviewing our rules around the West coach situation to determine what is appropriate."

As for talk of Walton's potential eligibility, Kerr said, "I heard they might send him, which I find amusing because they didn't give him any wins, and yet they're saying you're the coach of -- you're the new coach.
"So, I don't know what they're going to do with that, but I know that if they do it by the normal rule, then Gregg Popovich will be going to Toronto, and I know how excited Pop is to coach another All-Star Game," he joked.

:lol

I say Walton should go and play Curry 40 minutes.

BG_Spurs_Fan
01-23-2016, 03:31 AM
Walton vs Lue :lmao would be fitting for this bullshit game.

Spurtacular
01-23-2016, 04:05 AM
Dude, if the league doesn't even credit this fucker with the wins, why would they be rewarding a current non head coach with an all-star game. Fuck the league for even considering this. If you make a rule, fucking stick with it. I know the league has a hard time following it's own fucking rules.

daslicer
01-23-2016, 04:31 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14629707/with-golden-state-warriors-coach-steve-kerr-ineligible-nba-deciding-coach-western-conference-all-star-team

I say Walton should go and play Curry 40 minutes.

Still wouldn't make a difference in the scheme things. I never understood this message boards obsession with guys getting rest during all-star weekend like one game really makes a difference. Curry could play 48 minutes in this game and likely he wont get hurt.

will_spurs
01-23-2016, 06:46 AM
Dude, if the league doesn't even credit this fucker with the wins, why would they be rewarding a current non head coach with an all-star game. Fuck the league for even considering this. If you make a rule, fucking stick with it. I know the league has a hard time following it's own fucking rules.

Maybe they want to avoid the embarassment of Pop's interviews :lol

Still wouldn't make a difference in the scheme things. I never understood this message boards obsession with guys getting rest during all-star weekend like one game really makes a difference. Curry could play 48 minutes in this game and likely he wont get hurt.

Sorry, I'll paint it blue just for you next time.

urunobili
01-23-2016, 10:09 AM
THIS. It'd be awesome to expose how the system should change same with the BS press chosing MVP and such. The new NBA Players association awards (chosen by players) will be the true street cred on the court TBH

cd98
01-23-2016, 10:35 AM
Pop should coach Kobe at his last All-Star game, but my guess is Pop would rather stay home.

Thomas82
01-23-2016, 10:47 AM
THIS. It'd be awesome to expose how the system should change same with the BS press chosing MVP and such. The new NBA Players association awards (chosen by players) will be the true street cred on the court TBH

+1

TheDoctor
01-23-2016, 10:51 AM
:lmao

Seventyniner
01-23-2016, 11:24 AM

Three Lakers scrubs in one All-Star game.

spursistan
01-23-2016, 03:00 PM

FromWayDowntown
01-23-2016, 03:25 PM
My guess is that Pop has already suggested that the position go to Luke Walton and would prefer it to work out that way.

Walton has earned it, and if there wasn't the wholly arbitrary Riley Rule, there would be no question. Ironically, the very point of the Riley Rule is better served by letting Walton get the experience instead of making Pop do this again.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-23-2016, 09:11 PM
:rollin

DMC
01-23-2016, 09:59 PM
They'll drag Sterling out into the streets and hang his dead corpse again. Problem solved.

baseline bum
01-23-2016, 10:22 PM

:rollin