PDA

View Full Version : Cavs: Woj : Lebron and his camp tried to hire Mark Jackson..

spursistan
01-23-2016, 12:11 PM
Tree of Woj everywhere..everywere :lol..simply put: Lebron isn't about winning anymore..it is all business and power tripping..

Before David Blatt ever conducted his first training camp practice in September 2014, Cleveland Cavaliers (https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/cle/) star LeBron James (https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3704/) and his agent, Rich Paul, had the coach's succession plan in place:Mark Jackson (https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/27140/).To become the preferred candidate of the most powerful player in the NBA – and de facto Cavaliers general manager – Jackson understood what he needed to do: Bring on James' and Paul's Klutch Sports agency as his representation, and prepare to deliver those commission fees into the King's coffers. Blatt never had a chance. He never knew what hit him...From the beginning, the Klutch Sports campaign to puncture Blatt's standing as head coach had been as relentless as it was ruthless. James is one of the great leaders in pro sports, and he directed the Cavaliers how he wanted them: in complete defiance of Blatt.

..In the end, here was the problem for Klutch Sports' original plan: Cleveland refused to hire Jackson. General manager David Griffin is too well-connected in the NBA, too knowledgeable of the truths inside Jackson's Warriors regime to let that happen. So much of Griffin's job has been to manage the constant demands of James' camp and the volatility of owner Dan Gilbert. As much as anything, his job has been to bridge the chaos above and below him.
Once James' camp realized that Jackson would never be considered as coach – nor would Lue leave his representation to join Klutch Sports agency, despite overtures – Lue became a compromise choice for James' group, sources said. They started pushing for Lue to replace Blatt last season, and grew louder in those calls in recent days and weeks..

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-david-blatt-never-stood-a-chance-with-lebron-james-and-his-camp-035612484.html

Thread
01-23-2016, 12:26 PM
[[[Lebron isn't about winning anymore..it is all business and power tripping..]]]

Unfortunately that is league wide, exception the Spurs.

It's easier that way. The player controls the means and the end.

benefactor
01-23-2016, 12:34 PM
I don't think James even cares about his legacy anymore. He went to Miami and got his rings, then duped Gilbert and the Cleveland fans into thinking he was coming home to get more...when the reality was he was coming home to continue fucking both of them while he and his buddies laugh all the way to the bank. Cleveland sports just can't catch a break.:lol

Thread
01-23-2016, 12:40 PM
I don't think James even cares about his legacy anymore. He went to Miami and got his rings, then duped Gilbert and the Cleveland fans into thinking he was coming home to get more...when the reality was he was coming home to continue fucking both of them while he and his buddies laugh all the way to the bank. Cleveland sports just can't catch a break.:lol

At least he came home. For them it was an out of body experience. & it was enough.

Koolaid_Man
01-23-2016, 12:43 PM
I'm just glad that roided up freak wont ring again...now we gotta hope the gay ass bandit doesn't get 6 by coattailing and all will be right in the world again :lol

spursistan
01-23-2016, 12:45 PM
It can't be more obvious than when he tries to get a coach who was holding back a historic team and potential NBA dynasty.. :lol

Lebron is signing short deals for a reason; it could end ugly down there and I wouldn't be surprised if he bolts to NYC to businessly milk what's left of his career....

benefactor
01-23-2016, 12:49 PM
It can't be more obvious than when he tries to get a coach who was holding back a historic team and potential NBA dynasty.. :lol

Lebron is signing short deals for a reason; it could end ugly down there and I wouldn't be surprised if he bolts to NYC to businessly milk what's left of his career....
Jackson won't have him NY imo. He's watching what's going on...and he remembers how many years Kobe took off of his life. He won't go down that road again.

RsxPiimp
01-23-2016, 12:59 PM
now we gotta hope the gay ass bandit doesn't get 6 :lol

:lmao

Koolaid_Man
01-23-2016, 01:00 PM
Jackson won't have him NY imo. He's watching what's going on...and he remembers how many years Kobe took off of his life. He won't go down that road again.

Hey nut sac sniffer it was never about Kobe...its always been about Jeanie Buss's fascination and infactuation with Kobe...you're a gotdam fool if you actually beleive Phil's criticisms of Kobe is a result of anything else...well that and besides the fact Phil was upset Kobe rejected all of his books to read while the others players read them :lmao

More alpha behavior tbh

baseline bum
01-23-2016, 01:01 PM
Makes sense he'd want Jackson, since all Jackson wants to do is call isos for his star player. It's pretty much the offense LeBron has instituted in Cleveland since the middle of last year anyways.

Buddy Mignon
01-23-2016, 01:22 PM
I'm just glad that roided up freak wont ring again...now we gotta hope the gay ass bandit doesn't get 6 by coattailing and all will be right in the world again :lol

The best thing is by default he will return to the Finals for the next 3 years only to lose. Imagine this clown going 2 for 10? :lol

Koolaid_Man
01-23-2016, 01:32 PM
The best thing is by default he will return to the Finals for the next 3 years only to lose. Imagine this clown going 2 for 10? :lol

I get woody thinking bout it :lmao

BG_Spurs_Fan
01-23-2016, 01:43 PM

He's not leaving, he doesn't want to be a player on a good team, he wants full control over everything within the franchise. He's probably looking at part-time ownership at some point in the future. It's a power trip and he's doing it right. He's just not very likely to win a championship because the basketball management hasn't been good enough, despite spending historical amount of money.

BG_Spurs_Fan
01-23-2016, 01:44 PM
dbl post

da_suns_fan
01-23-2016, 02:29 PM

He absolutely cares about his "legacy". His image among casual sports fans has done a complete 180. His "coming home" was the smartest business move he ever made.

As was leaving in the first place. He has the monkey of winning championships off his back.

Thread
01-23-2016, 02:47 PM
He absolutely cares about his "legacy". His image among casual sports fans has done a complete 180. His "coming home" was the smartest business move he ever made.

As was leaving in the first place. He has the monkey of winning championships off his back.

s courtesy of the Spurs.

HemisfairArena
01-23-2016, 02:53 PM
Racism?,,,a white dude fired for a black dude even when the white dude is doing well. Remember everyone bringing up race as the issue when Jackson was fired from Golden State after making the playoffs and then they go hire pasty white boy Kerr,,,,

buttsR4rebounding
01-23-2016, 03:19 PM

I don't think he cares as long as he is in the Finals. His brand gets all the free publicity and he laughs all the way to the bank. I remember an interview with him in his younger days when he said his #1 goal was to become the richest man in the world. An almost automatic pass the Finals every year even if he is losing is a win for him. Heck, people might even start to feel sorry for him and, nah, never mind.

Thread
01-23-2016, 03:26 PM
Racism?,,,a white dude fired for a black dude even when the white dude is doing well. Remember everyone bringing up race as the issue when Jackson was fired from Golden State after making the playoffs and then they go hire pasty white boy Kerr,,,,

Hemi

Koolaid_Man
01-23-2016, 03:32 PM

Mark wasn't about race but I will not give Kerr an ounce of credit for shit....he ain't done a muthafucking thing....hell they even got Homo Walton running the show...Curry and Co. hit their stride a sack of potatoes could have coached them it's just their time...nothing more nothing less

Chris
01-23-2016, 04:34 PM
dbl post

Just click on edit post and delete post my nig :tu

Koolaid_Man
01-23-2016, 04:48 PM
Just click on edit post and delete post my nig :tu

My Nig? You White Boys got some fucking nerve

SupremeGuy
01-23-2016, 07:26 PM
I don't think James even cares about his legacy anymore. He went to Miami and got his rings, then duped Gilbert and the Cleveland fans into thinking he was coming home to get more...when the reality was he was coming home to continue fucking both of them while he and his buddies laugh all the way to the bank. Cleveland sports just can't catch a break.:lolYou pretty much fucking nailed it, tbh. :toast

DMC
01-23-2016, 08:02 PM
I think Lebron wants to win a ring in Cleveland. I also think he's a homeboy, so he's going to want to A) play alongside his friends and B) set up his friends to receive as much NBA money as possible. It's unfortunate that he doesn't create friends in the game he's playing, with teammates, but a franchise that's willing to eat crow so Lebron can come back, and who goes out and gets JR Smith and Iman Shumpert as if they are going to be the glue guys in the lockerroom isn't going to foster good will and camaraderie. Firing Blatt is probably a good move in a vacuum, however the surrounding circumstances scream "we must win NOW" and Lebron just sees that as "because Lebron is done after this year and we'll never have another shot". Fuck, who wouldn't play that hand?

Koolaid_Man
01-23-2016, 08:20 PM
I think Lebron wants to win a ring in Cleveland. I also think he's a homeboy, so he's going to want to A) play alongside his friends and B) set up his friends to receive as much NBA money as possible. It's unfortunate that he doesn't create friends in the game he's playing, with teammates, but a franchise that's willing to eat crow so Lebron can come back, and who goes out and gets JR Smith and Iman Shumpert as if they are going to be the glue guys in the lockerroom isn't going to foster good will and camaraderie. Firing Blatt is probably a good move in a vacuum, however the surrounding circumstances scream "we must win NOW" and Lebron just sees that as "because Lebron is done after this year and we'll never have another shot". Fuck, who wouldn't play that hand?

Sup Reck and Expert that's a book you wrote there....😂