PDA

View Full Version : Spurs vs gs article gs paper

ducks
01-23-2016, 08:14 PM
http://www.csnbayarea.com/warriors/warriors-ready-elevate-game-vs-spurs-they’re-legends?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

Vic Petro
01-23-2016, 08:26 PM
NBA champs shouldn't be saying stuff like this:

“We understand that we have to go through San Antonio to achieve our goal,” center Andrew Bogut said.

They view San Antonio as their big brother, to use one of Pop's recent analogies. That's part of why I think Pop will play everyone tomorrow. If the Spurs beat them in their place again, they may as well set up residence inside the GSW heads.

ducks
01-23-2016, 09:38 PM
Yes Spurs are in their heads

Obstructed_View
01-23-2016, 09:44 PM
NBA champs shouldn't be saying stuff like this:

They view San Antonio as their big brother, to use one of Pop's recent analogies. That's part of why I think Pop will play everyone tomorrow. If the Spurs beat them in their place again, they may as well set up residence inside the GSW heads.

They're clearly the champs, and earned their way there, but the Spurs have dominated the Warriors for a long time, including winning the season series last year. Seems logical that wanting to vanquish that enemy would be high on their list. I imagine that a big part of their 'goal' is to prove the doubters wrong.

And no, I didn't read the article. :)

HarlemHeat37
01-23-2016, 09:50 PM
Nothing wrong with giving the Spurs respect, tbh..

I used to strongly dislike the Warriors, but I've grown to respect their progressive style, on and off the court..they are the anti-sports cliche team..

Obstructed_View
01-23-2016, 10:31 PM

I used to strongly dislike the Warriors, but I've grown to respect their progressive style, on and off the court..they are the anti-sports cliche team..

I still hate their whiny, entitled fans, but there's nothing to dislike about the team.

HarlemHeat37
01-23-2016, 10:42 PM
I still hate their whiny, entitled fans, but there's nothing to dislike about the team.

I feel the same way, but most of their obnoxious online fans(particularly on forums like Reddit and RealGM) are bandwagoners/converted Lakers fans:lol..

Budkin
01-23-2016, 10:59 PM
They know they are lucky as hell we got eliminated by Austin Rivers last season.

Baseline21
01-24-2016, 01:32 AM
I used to like and respect the Warriors but they're cocky now. It's unbelievable how cocky they're and even their play by play announcers too. I used to like their play by play announcers but not anymore because they make u not even want to listen to them without how they brag about this and that. Spurs never ever did any of this shit and they been winning for over a decade. Spurs need to put them in their place PERIOD.......

RD2191
01-24-2016, 01:37 AM
I used to like and respect the Warriors but they're cocky now. It's unbelievable how cocky they're and even their play by play announcers too. I used to like their play by play announcers but not anymore because they make u not even want to listen to them without how they brag about this and that. Spurs never ever did any of this shit and they been winning for over a decade. Spurs need to put them in their place PERIOD.......
Truth bomb tbh

tmtcsc
01-24-2016, 01:42 AM

I can't stand to see Curry chew on his mouthpiece and I don't like Green's antics after made 3's or baskets. The showboating is annoying. Nah, don't care for them and I can't wait for the Spurs to serve up some humble pie. Will it come Monday? I'm not sure.

The Spurs might lose for no other reason than its time. 13 wins against some pretty awful teams doesn't fill me with confidence that they can do the same thing to W's on the road. At the same time, I won't be surprised at all if the Spurs win. They will be well-rested and they have the better roster in my opinion. So, I'm going to kick back, turn on the 75 inch Samsung in my living room and enjoy the game.

thiste
01-24-2016, 02:04 AM
We are way, way better than last year.

Mnky
01-24-2016, 02:54 AM
They give respect to the Spurs, but disrespect the other teams. That's a cowards attittude in my opinion. Act tough against inferior opponents and then put on a respectful attitude towards another.

I hope the spurs don't come out passive. This is why I love the David west signing. He will pump his teammates up for these moments. Give em that edgy mindset. We've been responding to adversity much better this year, and he's been in the thick of it a few times.

Russo21
01-24-2016, 05:36 AM

Watching Curry chew on his mouthguard is just about the most annoying thing in the league though.

Obstructed_View
01-24-2016, 06:19 AM
Watching Curry chew on his mouthguard is just about the most annoying thing in the league though.

That's true. I like him, but that gross shit makes me want to punch him in the fucking face.

DenialTwist
01-24-2016, 07:20 AM
I just don't like how they showboat when they play. I understand if they're doing it in the Finals but a regular season game after every.freaking.basket? They are the defending champs and have the best record in the NBA so they are the favorites. Hope the spurs can come out with the win Monday. I know everyone on both sides will overreact if the Spurs/Warriors lose the game.

TheMulletMan3000
01-24-2016, 07:46 AM

Klay Thompson on Milwaukee Bucks passing on him in the draft: "I thank God every day."
After streak-ending loss: Klay Thompson: "We thought at the time they could have won with a little more class some of those guys, but I'd have been fired up too."

Draymond on Clippers: “They have a cocky arrogance, like they've won something, and they haven't done nothing,” Green said. “They pretty much been to the same spot in the playoffs we've been to. But they have this cockiness like you're supposed to bow down to them. They ain't proved nothing. They ain't earned nothing. What respect have you earned?”
http://cdn.nextimpulsesports.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Screen-Shot-2014-11-05-at-9.10.30-PM.png

There is something to dislike about the team. Fuck them and their progressive style.

SPURt
01-24-2016, 08:44 AM
http://cdn.nextimpulsesports.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Screen-Shot-2014-11-05-at-9.10.30-PM.png

This pic encapsulates what I hate about the Warriors. If Kawhi did this Pop would have his tongue surgically removed. Blake does wear panties under his uniform shorts, but still, I can't stand Green.

random21
01-24-2016, 09:18 AM
Since Kawhi's rookie year, the Spurs have gone 11-3 vs the Warriors... I still say their is a mental edge over them

UZER
01-24-2016, 09:44 AM
Since Kawhi's rookie year, the Spurs have gone 11-3 vs the Warriors... I still say their is a mental edge over them

That's why this game means way more mentally to GSW than the SAS.

TheMulletMan3000
01-24-2016, 12:08 PM
This pic encapsulates what I hate about the Warriors. If Kawhi did this Pop would have his tongue surgically removed. Blake does wear panties under his uniform shorts, but still, I can't stand Green.

What I can't stand is not that he did that, but that he's talking about how others aren't classy. Same with Klay. Agree on Blake.

Old School 44
01-24-2016, 12:18 PM

That's why this game means way more mentally to GSW than the SAS.

I know this game is in Oakland, but did you know the Warriors haven't defeated the Spurs in SA in the regular season since 1997!!! The Warriors have lost I believe 32 in a row in San Antonio during the regular season. Tim was still at Wake Forest and Curry was in Elementary school!

ErnestLynch
01-25-2016, 12:58 AM
I just don't like how they showboat when they play. I understand if they're doing it in the Finals but a regular season game after every.freaking.basket? They are the defending champs and have the best record in the NBA so they are the favorites.

I believe the Spurs are the odds on favorites to win it all this year if you were betting in Vegas.

romain.star
01-25-2016, 06:17 AM

Spurs fans are easy to dislike too

DeRozan m8
01-25-2016, 06:43 AM

I actually have this saved in my bookmarks for some unknown reason, found it the other day haha

Look at this clown

http://i.imgur.com/F7Cxsfu.gif

benefactor
01-25-2016, 07:03 AM
Read my mind when I saw him post that. Spurs fans are spoiled...and can become the most emo, arm shredding fags on the planet when things don't go their way.

Obstructed_View
01-25-2016, 01:38 PM

Last game I attended was in Houston, which the Spurs won, and I was surprised at how classless the Spurs fans in attendance were. Granted, Houston has created an entire cheering section who all act like classless dicks, but that's not really an excuse.

Horse
01-25-2016, 01:48 PM
I actually have this saved in my bookmarks for some unknown reason, found it the other day haha

Look at this clown

What kind of fucking faggot sticks his tongue out at another grown [although gay] man?

SPURt
01-25-2016, 02:34 PM

Look at this clown

It's even worse as a gif! JR Smith, Joakim Noah, and Metta World Peace have all done some weird things on the court, but this may be the strangest? I try to imagine Tim, Manu, Kawhi and even Tony doing something like this and makes me uncomfortable.

SPURt
01-25-2016, 02:39 PM
What kind of fucking faggot sticks his tongue out at another grown [although gay] man?
:lmao What you can't see in that shot:
http://media.giphy.com/media/Z80swTUbLtkTS/giphy.gif

Obstructed_View
01-25-2016, 03:45 PM

Look at this clown

I gotta admit, that really makes me dislike that kid. Pretty much kills any chance for them to talk about class to anybody.