PDA

View Full Version : Spurs 2005-06 Compatible Combinations

Solid D
09-22-2005, 07:25 PM
Last season there were combinations of players for the Spurs who just really clicked together when they were on the floor at the same time.

Example:
When Beno, Devin and either Brent or Manu were out there, the Spurs were a terrific transition team (especially with Devin running the wings) This was a an excellent passing group.

How about 2005-06? What compatible combinations do you see?

Here are some samples of new combinations I see working quite effectively together because of their styles and strengths.

Beno, Brent, Manu, Oberto,

Nick, Finley, Duncan, Nazr

TP, Nick, Finley, Duncan

FromWayDowntown
09-22-2005, 07:50 PM
I think that one thing that the current roster allows is great flexibility to use combinations to fit particular purposes.

Need a lot of defense: Rasho, Tim, Bruce, Manu, Parker

Need some 3 point shooting: Tim, Horry, Finley/Bruce/Manu/Barry, Beno/Van Exel

Need to go big in the backcourt with bangers up front: Nazr/Oberto, Tim, Bruce/Finley, Manu, Barry

Need to go small in the backcourt with size up front: Rasho/Nazr, Tim, Bruce, Parker, Beno/NVE

Need slashers to create kickout shots (better than 4 down): Tim, Horry, Finley/Barry, Manu, Parker

Need free throw shooters: ?????????????

yavozerb
09-22-2005, 07:52 PM
Need free throw shooters:
Horry, Manu, Barry, Finley, NVE

ALVAREZ6
09-22-2005, 08:27 PM
Beno, Brent, Manu, Oberto,

Those three and another big man would be a great combo. They all fit together like a Euro-style team, lots of unselfishness, and many passes. That would be fun to watch.

Solid D
09-22-2005, 09:44 PM
Eurobasket lineup
Tony, Beno, Manu, Oberto, Rasho

ploto
09-22-2005, 10:12 PM
Beno, Brent, Manu, Oberto

My line-up to start the second quarter when Tim and TP normally come out and Manu and Beno go in is:

Beno, Manu, Brent, Oberto, Rasho

Wait and see. :)

Three guys who can handle the ball and run the offense and 2 great passing, screen setting bigs.

Sense
09-22-2005, 10:16 PM
Need free throw shooters:
Horry, Manu, Barry, Finley, NVE
:wtf

Who's the Center and PF?

GrandeDavid
09-23-2005, 07:43 AM
Finley, Manu, Oberto