PDA

View Full Version : Could Pop start Boban ?

disciple
01-25-2016, 11:45 AM
Would Pop surprise everyone (never done that before) and start Boban against the slow footed Andrew Bogut?

1.) Using Boban against anyone else in the Warrior lineup may not be possible.
2.) Boban has shown the ability to defend the lane against slow footed opposition.
3.) shock factor for GS. Especially if Boban brings any positive extras.
4.) when GS subs their regular rotation West/Diaw are better options.
5.) the many 3's launched by GS produces numerous long rebounds that the long reach of Boban would help with.

Any more ideas....... Or just NO.......... I'm crazy ! Lol

Really - this thread was inspired by my expectation of the unexpected tonight.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-25-2016, 11:53 AM
Actually that is a good matchup, especially offensively. The problem is defense. Boban has the length to completely shadow Curry's 3, but, Curry would just run circles around Boban for jumpers/layups. I think its best to bring Boban off the bench with Diaw and Manu. Those two are superb at getting the ball to Boban. I would rather the Spurs use Boban only when Curry goes to the bench. I think he can handle Livingston off the PnR.

Curry is a top 3 if not the best ball handler in the NBA. I think that is too much to ask Boban right now. If Pop plays Boban with Curry on the floor, it will be 2-3 minutes tops unless Boban somehow surprises and shuts Curry down off the PnR, which I would bet against at this point.

cutewizard
01-25-2016, 11:53 AM
lol

MultiTroll
01-25-2016, 12:32 PM
I know in 10 hours we will know.

Blake
01-25-2016, 12:49 PM
No way imo. Golden State plays too small, fast and 3 pointer-ish. Boban would be a liability on D.

West will start again imo

eDizzle20
01-25-2016, 12:51 PM
Starting Boban against Bogut makes a lot of sense since he'll be useless when GSW goes small ball.

Splits
01-25-2016, 12:54 PM
Yes. The head coach submits the starting lineup to the officials before the beginning of the game. BOBAN is currently under contract by the San Antonio Spurs. So, Pop could put his name on the piece of paper that designates the starting lineup, give that to the officials, and then BOBAN would be required to begin the game on the court.

Texas_Ranger
01-25-2016, 12:55 PM
he's too slow for the Warriors. They will just pick'n roll all game.

SouthernFried
01-25-2016, 01:28 PM
Not sure I like Boban in any situation here. As starter makes the most sense, because he just gets in the way of Diaw, Manu and Patty, who like to make moves to the basket. He just clogs the paint. As starter, only TP really goes strong to the basket. But, Boban in starting lineup just doesn't feel good either. Be interesting to see tho...

UNT Eagles 2016
01-25-2016, 01:30 PM
Actually might not be a bad idea to play him when Ezeli/Bogut are in the game, but always keep him on the bench against their cheesy smallball unit.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-25-2016, 01:30 PM
Not sure I like Boban in any situation here. As starter makes the most sense, because he just gets in the way of Diaw, Manu and Patty, who like to make moves to the basket. He just clogs the paint. As starter, only TP really goes strong to the basket. But, Boban in starting lineup just doesn't feel good either. Be interesting to see tho...
they usually start off with Ezeli or Bogut in there, so might not be too bad... obviously Draymond would kill him one on one

Obstructed_View
01-25-2016, 01:39 PM
It makes the most sense. That lineup neutralizes Bogut.

look_at_g_shred
01-25-2016, 01:40 PM
Imo, west starts with LMA and when they go to the bench, it'll be diaw/bonner . I just don't think boban sees the floor barring a blowout. Hope i'm wrong though.

DenialTwist
01-25-2016, 02:00 PM
No.

MultiTroll
01-31-2016, 02:30 PM
Why would *CIA* Pop not want to start Boban in some upcoming games while Dunkar is out? Find out how he meshes with the starters.

TF purpose does it serve to continue to chain him to garbage time. :rolleyes

Obstructed_View
01-31-2016, 03:10 PM
The best matchup you could hope to ask for for Bomar is Mozgov and the Cavs, and they fucking destroyed him. Looks like garbage-time double doubles from here on out.

dabom
01-31-2016, 03:13 PM
Spurs didn't get blown out with Boban on the floor. They were -1 in 8 minutes to start the game. West and Diaw was a fucking shit show. People need to watch the games better fucking cucks.

Obstructed_View
01-31-2016, 03:15 PM
Spurs didn't get blown out with Boban on the floor. They were -1 in 8 minutes to start the game. West and Diaw was a fucking shit show. People need to watch the games better fucking cucks.
Mozgov got a dunk and missed another one. Both were wide open. If you think he can play defense against a real team I don't know what to tell you. Based on the last few times Boban's gotten meaningful minutes, it's pretty clear that Diaw and West are far better options.

raybies
Actually that is a good matchup, especially offensively. The problem is defense. Boban has the length to completely shadow Curry's 3, but, Curry would just run circles around Boban for jumpers/layups. I think its best to bring Boban off the bench with Diaw and Manu. Those two are superb at getting the ball to Boban. I would rather the Spurs use Boban only when Curry goes to the bench. I think he can handle Livingston off the PnR.

Curry is a top 3 if not the best ball handler in the NBA. I think that is too much to ask Boban right now. If Pop plays Boban with Curry on the floor, it will be 2-3 minutes tops unless Boban somehow surprises and shuts Curry down off the PnR, which I would bet against at this point.
This pretty much. Can't play boban when curry is on the floor.

MultiTroll
The best matchup you could hope to ask for for Bomar is Mozgov and the Cavs, and they fucking destroyed him. Looks like garbage-time double doubles from here on out.
Meh Boban was not good vs Cavs but CavsRef can account for +10- point easily.
I've seen Duncan get scored on in games we still ended up winning.
Need more of a sample size.
Just start him, see what happens.
Since *CIA* Pop throws games anyways to gain 411, right? :lol

dabom
01-31-2016, 03:17 PM
Mozgov got a dunk and missed another one. Both were wide open. If you think he can play defense against a real team I don't know what to tell you. Based on the last few times Boban's gotten meaningful minutes, it's pretty clear that Diaw and West are far better options.

But you don't tell me how Diaw and West played you fucktard. :lmao

They played 20 times worse than Boban you stupid fuck. :lmao

itzsoweezee
01-31-2016, 03:23 PM
You must not have watched the Cleveland game.

ceperez
01-31-2016, 03:24 PM

He was finally exposed big time. He's got problems defending the pick and roll. Don't want to count him out just yet since he's a rookie and still needs time to learn the game.

dabom
01-31-2016, 03:27 PM
Diaw West giving up layups and rebounds left and right was WAY better right guys? :lmao

houston spurs fan
01-31-2016, 04:45 PM
Boban was lost out there last night. Just need to weather the storm until TD gets back...

Obstructed_View
03-04-2016, 07:29 PM
He was finally exposed big time. He's got problems defending the pick and roll. Don't want to count him out just yet since he's a rookie and still needs time to learn the game.

I agree with that. No need to get rid of him, but he's clearly not starting material at this point, no matter how many times people pick and choose plus minus to try to build him up.

dabom
03-04-2016, 08:48 PM

:lol