PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Trade Targets for Spurs

$pursDynasty
01-25-2016, 04:47 PM
ESPN is doing a what player every team should trade for, what asset has the most trade value. Of course the Kingslayer is our most valuable asset (duh). As far as what they would go for, surprisingly they went Miles Plumlee, mobile rim protector with a low cap number 2.1 million left on last year of rookie contract. (hey maybe the Bucks would be interested in gaining all that playoff wisdom Bonner could provide :lol). That being said I might go for an Ish Smith, Mo Williams or a more defensive minded PG that can run our offense. I have wanted an athletic shot blocking big might be the missing piece or at least the thing to get for the team that has everything. That being said a pg that can run the offense behind Tony would be good too. Patty is good but I always seem him as more of a two guard. What to give up? the only players on the roster that we could lose, McCallum, Butler, Bonner or perhaps a draft pick, since ours are always bottom of the round.

Mal
01-25-2016, 04:49 PM
Lol, no trades coming in or out.

Seventyniner
01-25-2016, 04:50 PM
Yeah, you can't really do more than tinker around the edges on a team this good.

SsKSpurs21
01-25-2016, 04:55 PM
only lost 6 games... no need to disrupt chemistry.

SpursIndonesia
01-25-2016, 05:32 PM
Miles Plumlee is still on rookie scale contract, right ? He will get paid eventually -think salary starting from US$ 10 mil for 4 years at the minimum, and not by the Spurs for sure.

He will be a nice Duncan replacement alternative, among others.

raybies
01-25-2016, 05:37 PM
Miles Plumlee is still on rookie scale contract, right ? He will get paid eventually -think salary starting from US$ 10 mil for 4 years at the minimum, and not by the Spurs for sure.

He will be a nice Duncan replacement alternative, among others.

Miles plumlee not Mason. Miles salary will be much lower than that. My guess would be around what ayers made with us for two years. Although I wonder if he's even on our radar. Him and Jeff withey should be. Wouldn't mind either as a project if Duncan retires. They would be dark horses to start. Good to have options.

spursistan
01-25-2016, 05:39 PM
I will surprised if RC Buford will be taking/making any calls this trade deadline :lol

Spurs were in far worse shape in other years and we still stood pat..

Chinook
01-25-2016, 05:40 PM
The team doesn't need a trade for the present. They could use one for the future, though. If they could use their spare parts and assets to pick up one of these young two-guards on rookie deals (Fournier, McCollum, Clarkson, etc.), they should consider it.

FromWayDowntown
01-25-2016, 05:44 PM
to pick up one of these young two-guards on rookie deals (Fournier, McCollum, Clarkson, etc.), they should consider it.

Why on Earth would Orlando, Portland, or the Lakers deal one of those guys when the return they could get for them is limited by their cap numbers? Unless those guys demanded out, trading any one of them at this point would basically be general manager malpractice.

I agree that I don't really foresee anything significant, though the Spurs did shock the hell out of everyone at the deadline in '05 (when things were already going really well) by moving Malik for Nazr.

Chinook
01-25-2016, 06:35 PM
Why on Earth would Orlando, Portland, or the Lakers deal one of those guys when the return they could get for them is limited by their cap numbers? Unless those guys demanded out, trading any one of them at this point would basically be general manager malpractice.

I agree that I don't really foresee anything significant, though the Spurs did shock the hell out of everyone at the deadline in '05 (when things were already going really well) by moving Malik for Nazr.

Well, Fournier hasn't been all that good recently and the Magic are loaded at the wings right now. He's the most likely. And I don't disagree that none of those guys is likely to move. I'm just saying that that's the kinda of trade that'd have to be there to make sense. They project to need a starting-caliber guard in the near future, and they probably won't be able to spend on that AND spend on a big to put next to LMA. So getting one or the other now is definitely something to consider, and the guard would actually have a rotation spot this season. But yeah, it's not likely at all.

Spurs9
01-25-2016, 06:44 PM
Spurs aren't trading anyone, no need.

Pauleta14
01-25-2016, 10:30 PM
I like Ish Smith, but it's too late ,Phila needs him if they want to remain descent.

BatManu20
01-25-2016, 10:34 PM
Lol, no trades coming in or out.

SpursIndonesia
01-25-2016, 10:51 PM
Miles plumlee not Mason. Miles salary will be much lower than that. My guess would be around what ayers made with us for two years. Although I wonder if he's even on our radar. Him and Jeff withey should be. Wouldn't mind either as a project if Duncan retires. They would be dark horses to start. Good to have options.

Eh, i got it confused, which one is the one playing for the Blazers ? I don't give a damn with the other brother.

TheGreatYacht
01-26-2016, 12:58 AM
Danny Green
Patty Mills
Kyle Anderson
Ray McCallum
Matt Bonner

Those are the tradeable players

sventhedog
01-26-2016, 01:04 AM
Trade danny green for green lantern.

T Park
01-26-2016, 02:10 AM
They've lost 7 games and you alge drinkers want trades.

Morons.

itzsoweezee
01-26-2016, 02:15 AM
Lol if you think a midseason trade is going to be the difference maker.

gambit1990
01-26-2016, 02:26 AM
Lol if you think a midseason trade is going to be the difference maker.
like when the spurs traded malik for nazr and then won the championship the same year?

DrunkTXLabrat
01-26-2016, 02:48 AM
the spurs need to dump lame to the suns. if all they got was Chandler and the rights to Bogdan, i'd feel good about their chances against the Warriors in this years playoffs.

DrunkTXLabrat
01-26-2016, 02:50 AM
the spurs need to dump lame to the suns. if all they got was Chandler and the rights to Bogdan, i'd feel good about their chances against the Warriors in this years playoffs.

i bet they could pull off Booker and Morris in that one. they could dump Butler and move Bonner to coach staff.

Spurtacular
01-26-2016, 02:57 AM
No need to trade. Drop Corpse; pick-up Jimmer. Instant improvement.

Kawhitstorm
01-26-2016, 03:03 AM

Danny might be this season's Malik:wakeup

spursistan
01-26-2016, 03:13 AM
Danny might be this season's Malik:wakeup
I don't see it, but if we flame out in post-season with him scrubbing it up, i think he will be on trade block in the summer..We seriously need to upgrade SG/PG position..Gone is the Mills who could drop 22 points in Oracle to offset his awful D :cry..

DrunkTXLabrat
01-26-2016, 03:20 AM
I don't see it, but if we flame out in post-season with him scrubbing it up, i think he will be on trade block in the summer..We seriously need to upgrade SG/PG position..Gone is the Mills who could drop 22 points in Oracle to offset his awful D :cry..

Mills is fine, and Danny would be fine. That's the real tragedy behind the lame addition. The fallout. Doubt in Mills and Green is radiation sickness. you can blame the water, vegetation. and game all you want, but so long as you live in Chernobyl there's really only one problem to address.

HarlemHeat37
01-26-2016, 04:32 AM
Mills is fine, and Danny would be fine. That's the real tragedy behind the lame addition. The fallout. Doubt in Mills and Green is radiation sickness. you can blame the water, vegetation. and game all you want, but so long as you live in Chernobyl there's really only one problem to address.

:lol

DeRozan m8
01-26-2016, 05:18 AM
I traded in Tyson Chandler and JR Smith in 2k and it worked really well.

Do it

spursistan
01-31-2016, 12:06 AM
Bump..

Do you guys think that these 2 losses might propel PATFO to look for upgrades? nothing panicky will come out of the Spurs, of course,but we might need to look at our PG situation..we got raped in both games..and Cojo isn't walking through that door :lol..

apalisoc_9
01-31-2016, 12:07 AM
Wish we still had cojo FkLA

spursistan
01-31-2016, 12:14 AM
Patty Mills has more dog house worthy nights than Ray Maccallum at this point..

SAGirl
01-31-2016, 12:16 AM
I think we need a rim protector, if Timmy's knee remains doubtful in the long run. Not sure how Pop can work that out...

Nathan89
01-31-2016, 12:21 AM
I think we need a rim protector, if Timmy's knee remains doubtful in the long run. Not sure how Pop can work that out...

We are done if Timmy is out in the long run. We should make moves with the assumption that he'll be fine.

HarlemHeat37
01-31-2016, 12:35 AM
I'm not a fan of White American basketball players, but Love for Aldridge, tbh:lol<3