PDA

View Full Version : Cox claims you can switch to NBATv for one night for 35 cents

MultiTroll
01-25-2016, 07:53 PM
Giving this it's own thread cause I know the clock is ticking....
I know a lot of us want to see this game but don't want to pay Cox a monthly fee for NBATv access. Whether it be moneys tight or out of principle you just don't want these asshole tv companies and NBA making any more money.

Cox rep just told me it would be pro rated. $10.50 a month pro rated to one night.
She says sign up now, call in tomorrow and cancel it and it will be pro rated to one night at 35 cents.
I'm just sayin :blah:lol

Just signed up. Go Spurs!

jhfenton
01-25-2016, 08:39 PM
I don't have cable at all. We haven't had it for several years. (I work for the local phone company which has an IPTV-based TV service, delivered mostly over fiber. We are building fiber out to 75%+ of greater Cincinnati, but I don't have fiber to my house yet. It's been "any day now" since last March, but we're waiting for the local utility company to approve the pole attachments on my street. Until then, I'm not about to give money to Time Warner for their crappy cable service.)

What's particularly sad is that I personally signed the affiliation agreement for our company to carry NBA TV. Yet I can't watch NBA TV. (Nor can I watch the game on the LP BB that I pay for. Believe me, I've complained to my NBA TV rep about the LP blackout rules. But she's not the one who makes the rules. :bang)

Nathan89
01-25-2016, 08:48 PM
Tomorrow they'll tell you something else. You just signed a 2 yr contract.:lol

MultiTroll
01-25-2016, 09:25 PM
They may try.
I'm hooked up with a watchdog group here.
I've had the electric company, DISH Network, Cox others try to f with me and those I know over the years.
Thru the watchdog I got a guy out of his DISH contract. Told that was almost unheard of.

Seventyniner
01-25-2016, 09:34 PM
I don't have cable at all. We haven't had it for several years. (I work for the local phone company which has an IPTV-based TV service, delivered mostly over fiber. We are building fiber out to 75%+ of greater Cincinnati, but I don't have fiber to my house yet. It's been "any day now" since last March, but we're waiting for the local utility company to approve the pole attachments on my street. Until then, I'm not about to give money to Time Warner for their crappy cable service.)

What's particularly sad is that I personally signed the affiliation agreement for our company to carry NBA TV. Yet I can't watch NBA TV. (Nor can I watch the game on the LP BB that I pay for. Believe me, I've complained to my NBA TV rep about the LP blackout rules. But she's not the one who makes the rules. :bang)

Let me guess: you live in a city that doesn't have its own NBA team, but you have MULTIPLE teams blacked out on League Pass.

jARS mEsH sEt
01-25-2016, 09:35 PM
livetv.sx before the mods take it down thanks to the cum-guzzling snitch who's going to report my post

MultiTroll
01-26-2016, 03:51 PM
You're correct, they tried.
Not a two year deal but, here's how it came down.

After the robot prompt I got to live rep. Told him I wanted to lose NBATv. He says he is transferring me to Loyalty Dept. We know their job is to try to keep you. So immediately after he *transfers* the call, it goes silent. No elevator music, no momentary pause, just total silence altho call is not dropped. IMO that was a feigned (on purpose) attempt to have me give up on the call and not bother to call back.

2nd call. Same thing, this time guy does not need to transfer me to "Loyalty" dept. Gee that's strange, why couldn't rep on 1st call handle it? Anywho this guy gives his sales schpeel but to his credit he is not super hard sell, rather just persistent ("The Spurs will be on NBATv again") but does back down after I tell him for the 2nd time to lose NBATv and the $10.50 additional per month.

MultiTroll
03-15-2016, 11:48 AM
It worked last time. 35 cents.
Clippers @ Spurs on NBAtv tonight.

MultiTroll
03-26-2016, 03:22 PM
Worked twice now. 2 games done.

I'm doing it again tonight vs OKC.

To make the call less boring, rap with the Cox rep for a while. Todays rep is a Knicks fan. He admitted he has been suffering and MarshMello is a black hole Kobme Lite. He has much respect for the Spurs.

Spurtacular
03-26-2016, 03:36 PM
I have Time Warner. I'm pretty sure NBATV comes standard.