PDA

View Full Version : Chill

midnightpulp
01-25-2016, 11:53 PM
We were down 30 at Oracle last season in feb. with our full squad minus Tiago.

Next game we returned the favor at at&t.

Just one game.

Robz4000
01-25-2016, 11:56 PM
Agreed. Lot of big mistakes early on in the post with no Tim to bail them out. LMA has also played like more of a puss than I feared. Thankfully it looks like the Diaw/West combo may work well against them.

Mnky
They're at home, shooting great, getting the 50/50 balls, and their star players showed up.

I agree. Just a game where basketball things are happening. At the end of the season, we will be a different team.

Arcadian
You mean half of one game.

spurtech09
Regular season game as well.....Win some lose some....

timtonymanu
01-25-2016, 11:57 PM
Not taking anything away from this game. Aldridge has really underwhelmed though. I hope it's just the "back spasms."

RayTdropout
01-26-2016, 12:10 AM
Theres nothing to chill about we are getting exposed and punked. All of the spurs players now no they cant beat this team

sventhedog
01-26-2016, 12:12 AM
i agree. ya'll have to chill. there's still time to switch bandwagons.

pgardn
01-26-2016, 12:13 AM
We have to play better than this.

And we will play better than this.

pgardn
01-26-2016, 12:13 AM
Theres nothing to chill about we are getting exposed and punked. All of the spurs players now no they cant beat this team

BS

They know they have played poorly.

DAF86
01-26-2016, 12:16 AM
In the playoffs we're not going to turn the ball over as much, we will have a better idea of how to defend them and we will have the best interior defender in the league back.

Uriel
01-26-2016, 12:17 AM
OP has a point.

Cry Havoc
01-26-2016, 12:21 AM
We were down 30 at Oracle last season in feb. with our full squad minus Tiago.

Next game we returned the favor at at&t.

Just one game.

SuperCam
01-26-2016, 12:23 AM
tbh this gs team is still full of tryhard faggotry even after winning the * title last year. they will treat every game vs spurs like a playoff game. doesn't account for getting assblasted by 25+ but I bet the mulatto brothers have circled this game on their calendar for months...

tim_duncan_fan
OP DOES have a point, but I honestly don't think we have the athleticism, moxy or scoring potential to hang with these guys.

Look at how deer-in-the-headlights all of our guys look when they happen to get the ball.

The Warriors have them scared.

lrrr
The cliff jumping after this game is going to be epic...

Seriously though, does anyone really think Pop was coaching for the win? Danny plays 14 minutes, Tony 18... Kawhi getting only 6 shots? This was a feeling out process, and the quip about the players being "fired up" was a total CIA move.

tim_duncan_fan
01-26-2016, 12:26 AM
tbh this gs team is still full of tryhard faggotry even after winning the * title last year. they will treat every game vs spurs like a playoff game. doesn't account for getting assblasted by 25+ but I bet the mulatto brothers have circled this game on their calendar for months...
Don't be a bitch because they are bending us over.

We ALL, aka everyone interested in professional basketball, had this game marked on our calendars.

The Spurs just got intimidated.

SanDiegoSpursFan
01-26-2016, 12:27 AM
I'm not feeling very chill right now tbh. I was expecting a loss but the bench being outscored by their bench is completely unacceptable. I hate watching the Spurs force quick, bad shots up that allows the Warriors to run out and get easy baskets, I hate watching 15 turnovers in a half, and being down 30 after 3 quarters is just embarrassing to watch.

benefactor
01-26-2016, 12:30 AM
Theres n:crything t:cry chill ab:cryut we are getting exp:crysed and punked. All :cryf the spurs players n:cryw n:cry they cant beat this team
Act like somebody, faggot.

spurtech09
01-26-2016, 12:30 AM
This game will get the Spurs going again...

sventhedog
01-26-2016, 12:31 AM
curry is unstoppable.

Horse
01-26-2016, 12:38 AM
We never saw any ball movement never looked like the Spurs

midnightpulp
01-30-2016, 11:22 PM
This game isn't worth a meltdown, either.

- LMA was in foul trouble the 1st half. He got to play the entire 2nd half, and the Spurs won said half.
- Cavs have been playing motivated post-Blatt.
- Cavs are a terrible matchup for the Spurs sans Duncan. They have a top stretch 4 and every wing of theirs can penetrate. This isn't the hand-check era. It's nearly impossible for any perimeter defender to keep a good penetrator out of the lane. Best a perimeter defender can do is funnel them into rim protectors, which the Spurs obviously lack right now (it would've been nice to see how Boban fared).
- Again, no Tim Duncan. Despite his average per game stats, he's still a top 2 or 3 most important Spur. It'd be like the Warriors losing Raymond.

We weren't winning anything without Duncan anyway, so this game and even the GS game aren't worth melting down over. You can't expect the Spurs to be the same 70 win pace team they were when they're missing a top 4 player of all-time, even if he is 40.

spursistan
01-30-2016, 11:34 PM

- LMA was in foul trouble the 1st half. He got to play the entire 2nd half, and the Spurs won said half.
- Cavs are a terrible matchup for the Spurs sans Duncan. They have a top stretch 4 and every wing of theirs can penetrate. This isn't the hand-check era. It's nearly impossible for any perimeter defender to keep a good penetrator out of the lane. Best a perimeter defender can do is funnel them into rim protectors, which the Spurs obviously lack right now (it would've been nice to see how Boban fared).
- Again, no Tim Duncan. Despite his average per game stats, he's still a top 2 or 3 most important Spur. It'd be like the Warriors losing Raymond.

We weren't winning anything without Duncan anyway, so this game and even the GS game aren't worth melting down over. You can't expect the Spurs to be the same 70 win pace team they were when they're missing a top 4 player of all-time, even if he is 40.

Leave the Duncan part aside, the slow regression of Parker/Manu is starting to take a toll .

YGWHI
01-30-2016, 11:39 PM

Please...Just tell us that Pop won't to play zone every game to try to prevent the penetrations and compensate the lack of rim protection.

ElNono
01-30-2016, 11:42 PM
Leave the Duncan part aside, the slow regression of Parker/Manu is starting to take a toll .

It might not be a bad thing though. When the season started, we all thought we would struggle to start because of the new and young guys, but it didn't happen largely because the vets carried us.

At some point though, we're going to need those guys to step up their games, while the vets get the rest. If it costs us a few games, so be it, tbh, we're going to need it long term.

As far as the OP, not worried here. I thought we were going to lose the Dubs game and was pretty shaky about this one. Some of our guys have struggled on the road generally, and I think Pop has been taking a look somewhere else. This is the time to do it.

dbreiden83080
01-30-2016, 11:44 PM
Not beating elite teams without Tim. This should be a shock to nobody..

SAGirl
01-31-2016, 02:05 AM
It might not be a bad thing though. When the season started, we all thought we would struggle to start because of the new and young guys, but it didn't happen largely because the vets carried us.

At some point though, we're going to need those guys to step up their games, while the vets get the rest. If it costs us a few games, so be it, tbh, we're going to need it long term.

As far as the OP, not worried here. I thought we were going to lose the Dubs game and was pretty shaky about this one. Some of our guys have struggled on the road generally, and I think Pop has been taking a look somewhere else. This is the time to do it.
Wise response.
On this I am with you.
I was aprehensive about this game from the get go bc of Timmy.
Tony/Patty/Manu struggled. I don't mention Danny bc he was himself, but Tony wasn't smart running the offense and Patty and Manu had miserable games, almost on par with GSW.. and that is a worry.
I am all in for experimenting right now bc we are going to have to anyways.